[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

I really don't know where in La-la land Jigs seems to live in. In the preview, when he heard from his mom that Leah just got her green card approved, he ecstatically exclaimed that the OTP can now file for divorce and that he and leah can finally be together. LOL I sincerely hope that Tita Jack does her job as a mom and erase that notion from his mind, since removing Clark from the equation doesn't instantly make Leah his again. What the heck is he taking? It's like he has selective amnesia, he seems to want to forget everything that he doesn't agree with, like the break up. SMH. 

Edited by bella1025
  • Like 2

@bella1025 I think most of us have been arguing with Jigs logic. He set an ultimatum before Leah came to the states (him or the U.S. basically) ultimately ending his relationship with him. The biggest issue with Leah is that she can come across as indecisive and something of a pushover. She needs to stand up for herself and for her feelings. I'm not dismissing her feelings she once had for Jigs but he's not one to listen to logic or well anyone outside that 42.6 oz skull of his. Now admittedly I can see stupidity taking over and both Jigs and Clark "fighting" over Leah but I'd rather see Leah stand up for herself/her feelings and simple tell Jigs a resounding NO but as we have so much remaining I feel we're gong to be a lot of see-saw here.

I've yet to watch episode 31 so I can't comment on anything just yet, but I will agree that the odd slap or two across the back of either of their skulls would/could be the right option.

I just watched the episode RAW and I'm left a bit perplexed, that kiss in the rain scenario [thank you @ranxie for translating & the summary] was the perfect opportunity for them to express their feelings but I feel like it was wasted, if you know what I mean. The line " pag mahal ka, babalikan ka " , there's so much meaning behind it especially for Leah & I expected it to have a massive impact but instead it just was ... (I don't know if I make sense but yeah lol)

I really like Leah's co-worker at the pizza joint so I hope she becomes her confidant and we see more of her, Cullen is always awesome plus on point and it's just nice to see Clark have somebody else there for him. As for Jigs, that kid has been living in a bubble for far too long and this trip to the U.S may just be the thing that he needs to finally wake up. The delusion in that child is strong, I honestly don't think Leah liked him as much as he likes her. It should've been an extremely tough decision for her to give up on love or her dreams, she dropped him and was fine lol. I totally agree @AlexMao - This whole thing I feel is riding on Leah, cause she is indecisive about the situation. If she were to confess her growing feelings to Clark, they can deal with whatever comes their way together & his proven since the time they've been married that he'd be there with her every step of the way.

The thing that annoys me is "noble idiocy" and I know were going to get there, cause what drama doesn't chuck that in lol. When it comes to Clark & Leah, it wouldn't be against their characters at all if they go down this route, cause they're always selfless and thinking about others. There's nothing wrong about being selfish in love and happiness, those who love you will eventually come around.

Edited by KDIK

What's the general consensus for Tiffany & Tolayts? It seems Leah likes to tease Tiffany about her future brother-in-law and while Tiffany may huff and puff a bit she doesn't seem to be entirely turned off by the idea heck if I may say it seems as if she as a bit turned on by Tolayts's bossiness in episode 30 

This really needs to be a GIF but she smirks here (trust me :D )  

f9Dq8Cj.jpg

Well of course it gets ruined when he keeps talking .... 

sP59JQi.jpg

watching the episode last night kinda disatisfies me a bit. maybe im still the traditional type and i dont really mind the kissing scenes coz those are really essential to show the progress of emotions but i hope that they dont give us too many... char!! haha. i feel that once they do, maybe its just me but the magic somehow disappears. what i mean is that i dont really care if they kiss or not, what i would love to see is that two of them  become honest with each other once and for all instead of the push and pull thing. i was excited not exactly for the liplock but for what happens after that, but then, it wasnt what we were expecting since last week wherein the will own up to their feelings. they kiss now, the next thing they dismiss it as if nothing happened and if they keep doing this, being too safe or scared then they will both just end up hurting themselves and it would seem (to me) that Leah isnt the typical dalagang pilipina that they are portraying her to be.(i have nothing against the modern women though, but it just contradicts her personality in the series). suddenly i remember the "the one you love or the one who loves you?" question and obviously Clark has stronger feelings than her and he is almost teary eyed everytime Leah says "its nothing".. gosh!!! Please Clark, for once dont let her cut through your words like she always does. be honest. Ask her if she likes you straightforwardly before attempting to kiss her so you dont eat hopia again. Cullen's right. keeping quiet about it, making assumptions, or giving her subtle signs of your motive wont get you anywhere coz chances are, she'd be too scared to confront you about it. if she tries to evade the subject again, dont be demanding but be firm so you can both live in peace and if she still denies it, then now you know your real place in each other's lives and maybe she'll think about things more seriously after. you did your part. IF you really cant pursue each other despite knowing your feelings then atleast you can be honest and settle things, make limitations and be aware of your rights and not setting yourself up for future disappointments.

Tita Jack, please stop giving Jigs false hopes. Leah already told you that she has no plans of getting back with him and you already told her she can find a new bf excep Clark. Just be honest with Jigs and tell him "i know you love Leah. you can choose to pursue her again but keep in mind that you two have broken up, so if things dont turn out the way you want, be prepared and accept her decision." it really bugs me everytime she tells Clark "take care of Leah for Jigs, okay?" sorry for the rant.  haha

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 3

@AlexMao I agree with you. Leah can be indecisive, it's actually pretty weird for her not to recognize the growing attraction (prior to the kiss) when Clark can, especially when she's already been in a relationship in the past. This has me concluding that what she had with Jigs was entirely different from his perspective, maybe Leah did have feelings for him but it was merely born out of Jigs incessant presence in her life. We can all agree that he's a tad pushy and not the type to be deterred from his goals. So maybe Leah just grew tired of saying no, and just couldn't find the courage to reject his feelings after all his effort. Who knows? My guess is that Jigs was in love, obsessed even, with Leah, more than she was with him. 

I lost my post about Clark last night, ugh. Anyway, part of me wanted to smack him right over the head when he told Cullen that he doesn't intend to pursue his feelings for Leah because of his promise to both Tita Jack and Jigs. I wanted to flip the table at the time. I mean, Clack kept flirting with her, kept giving her signs, kept mock-teasing her for not owning up to her feelings and whatever it is that's going on between them BUT NOW he says that he doesn't want to pursue it?! SERIOUSLY? How can you intentionally move her heart if you're unprepared for the repercussions? Sigh. It's a good thing his good friend told him that he can't just make decisions like that until he has asked Leah if she likes/loves him back. 

This just adds to Leah's indecisiveness. She's under the notion that Clark won't do anything because they both promised Tita Jack (and she's like a mother to them). So when Clark told Cullen, that he just doesn't know whether Leah likes him back because she keeps brushing every effort or declaration from him, and just acts normally around him---I wanted to hurl something at the TV (yes, Clark.. you're very hot.. but you're such a dummy sometimes. ). Of course, Leah would have an internal battle. She knows that she owes Tita Jack almost everything that she has in the States, and Clark should've realized that Leah wouldn't be showing him her feelings until such time that the issue with Jigs and Tita Jack is resolved. I guess it's now up to Clark, to show and tell Leah that he's prepared to nick his promise to Tita Jack and Jigs because she's worth the risk. When that happens, the ball will now be in Leah's court, and I will then grow frustrated with her indecisive self for awhile, I imagine. :P

And Leah is not an object. Tita Jack should be an adult and stop giving Jigs false hope. It's not worth the energy. It can probably save her a plane ticket. LOL I hope the date (Clark: Let's spend time together, it might be the last--not word for word) can actually last an episode or two before I see Jigs' stupid face in SanFran. :P

• Like 3

Guest lalalala823

It feels like they wasted the rain kiss. The build up to it was good but then the aftermath was so meh. This whole push and pull thing is seriously getting so frustrating. Oh and don't get me started with jigs. The delusion is real with that child, somebody need to burst his bubble real quick. His attachment to leah is unhealthy and does him no good. He's such a man child, which is probably the biggest no no for me personally. 

And I agree with @colcolyn1958_stv having lots of kiss scenes makes it less special. Hihi. I hope they don't give us too much. Or if they do give us many kisses I hope those kisses happen when they are actually together.

I just hope they get together before jigs comes to san francisco. Please just get together already! 

Yes! Second the motion KDIK, AlexMao,lalalala823, bella1025! Leah's indicisiveness really gets me sometimes. at times i get so pissed when i watch kdramas where the lead man is super cold to the girl and the lead woman always makes the first move and now this. Clark is so sweet and pretty much does everything to make her feel special and is very showy in how he feels but Leah keeps dismissing all his effort and even shuts him out entirely. I can sense that Clark is more attached based on his convo with Cullen. But i think he is hesitant in pursuing Leah because of lack of reinforcement on her part and the fear that she wouldnt reciprocate his feelings. If only Leah can be courageous enough not to be swayed by other people's expectations, Clark will be more than willing to fight for their love even at the cost of going against his family's wishes.

My heart broke when he said to Cullen, "maybe im the only one who feels this way and she only sees me as a friend who can help her get a green card. And its hard coz I REALLY WANT HER TO LIKE ME." He has already came to terms with the fact that he already has fallen for Leah whereas if we notice Leah hasnt yet when she said to her friend "I THINK I'm starting to like him."

Leah, im begging you. Can you please let Clark talk for atleast 5 minutes before interrupting him?? I like you a lot but you get on my nerves sometimes.

• Like 2

Hello, everyone! I really just enjoy reading and prefer to browse through others' thoughts. :) Thank you very much for making all the discussions fun and lively and thoughtful. 

I don't mean to be contrary, but I think I may be the unpopular opinion about Ep. 31. I saw it as still consistent and solid, taking into context everything that has happened thus far and pondering the possibilities of how it can go moving forward.

For me, one the best defining traits of "On the Wings of Love" is how slice-of-life and real it feels, like it can really happen.

The kiss in the rain--or rather the lack of any big, dramatic aftermath, is from what I understand, what disappointed a lot of people. I maintain, though, that life is like that. Sometimes, we have our movie moments, but then life calls us back and that movie moment remains just that: a moment. There are very intense feelings there--Leah's possessiveness and her own confusion on how to handle the growing falling-in-love, including Clark's (by now becoming) obvious advances.

I think the episode does well to explain how life goes back to normal after something that can be construed as (for lack of a better word) relationship-changing. Leah processes what she feels afterwards by confessing her entire history with Clark and her feelings to her workmate, and Clark talks about his with Cullen. Clark's insecurity is more clearly defined and makes us more sympathetic because he's the one we see showing affection, being ready to talk about it (after the "Approved!" kiss, while they were left alone in the Simmons house, the whole "kapag mahal ka, babalikan ka" line and kiss in the rain), more willing to go further.  I don't know if I just pay too much attention ( :D ) but to me, it's understandable that Leah will be hesitant in the face of such blatant affection. After all, as she points out to her co-worker, she made a promise to Tita Jack, and she owes practically everything she has in the US to Tita Jack--and they are not even blood-related. Yes, Clark made a promise to Jigs, too, but compare that to Leah's situation: Clark doesn't owe Jigs anything. Except maybe for Tita Jack, none of his life has got to do with Jigs. Even Leah. When Clark came into the picture, Jigs and Leah aren't even together anymore.

Clark, for his part, as he confides to Cullen, knows there something between him and his wife. He just wants Leah to give him something for fight for. Which she cannot give because of her promise to Tita Jack - that Clark doesn't know about. Between Leah and Clark, I think it's pretty established that Tita Jack worries more about Leah falling in love with Clark rather than the other way around. She made Leah promise twice. And in at least one instance, she also tells her not to tell Clark. Like Clark tells Cullen, Leah reverted to her usual cheerful self and she's back to treating him with her easy camaraderie. Because that's how she deals. Get everything back to normal and it will make the situation better for everyone. Even her being a wingman for Clark is based off the same motivation, to not further her feelings and break her promise to Tita Jack.

Besides, Leah has bigger fish to fry. She's looking for her mother, working for her family. These are the reasons she wanted the green card in the first place. Clark and her feelings are, looking at it from her point of view, very unwelcome distractions. She has not even told her father she has married yet and that continues to weigh on her conscience. 

Thus far, she and Clark really kissed (meaning not for an audience or the benefit of the green card) only twice. And both times, they came from being really caught up in the moment. The happiness of achievement with the green card; the jealousy and reassurance in the rain. Even the almost-kisses in Napa were on the heels of magical moments. But then, reality comes crashing at all times and they still need to get on with their lives and responsibilities. I think this was very simply but explicitly personified when that guy yells, "Jack!" (of all names), interrupting their kiss in the rain.  Her "let's go home...I mean, return to San Francisco. We cannot be late for work," I think, illustrates this back to reality mode best. 

I don't think Leah's kisses are violating her dalagang Pilipina code. The ones for show, of course, don't count; the two kisses that count are just her romantic, magical moments. By today's standards, she and Clark are still quite proper even with their unusual relationship and the blossoming feelings. I even think that's where her reticence, when it comes to her feelings is coming from.

All that said, feelings are feelings, and they are all valid (taking it all within the show and what we feel towards the show). I just find it nice that it affects us all this much. :) I look forward to how everything plays out, especially with Jigs now and Tita Jack back in San Francisco.

Edited by hazelnutthursdays
For clarity.
  • Like 3

Screencaps for todays episode from Dreamscape #OTWOLFantasy (I'm putting it in spoiler tags because a certain picture is triggering - violence [just a heads up] & also for those who don't want to know what's coming up) :-

- I just have to say this. I hate the tiara & Clark's suit looks fugly to me lol

Edited by KDIK

Guest lalalala823

Screencaps for todays episode from Dreamscape #OTWOLFantasy (I'm putting it in spoiler tags because a certain picture is triggering - violence [just a heads up] & also for those who don't want to know what's coming up) :-

Hidden Content

- I just have to say this. I hate the tiara & Clark's suit looks fugly to me lol

Ooohh. I really think leah's mom married for a green card then things went downhill from there. Like maybe she married a psycho :o

Hidden Content

Ooohh. I really think leah's mom married for a green card then things went downhill from there. Like maybe she married a psycho :o

First thanks to @KDIK those spoilers aahh, love it. you're awesome :)

MTE @lalalala823 after seeing the 1st pic. that answered why she seemed so scared when a man came to her home and asked her about being the same person with someone in the pic. and his expression.. omo.. he's such a psycho..

and, is the pic with t-ara and suit thing only their fantasy?? cuz i wish it's reality.. emm.. i think, they look good with dress and suit like that.. or.. am i being super biased now?? haha..

• Like 1

I didn't think they were going to go there ... It's suppose to be light BUT I guess if they can justify her circumstances then okay. It's going to be heartbreaking once the whole family finds out what happened to the Mum.

@hazelnutthursdays - Thank you for your insight, definitely puts things into perspective.

I came across this tweet from the director, if anyone's willing to translate :

Guest lalalala823

I didn't think they were going to go there ... It's suppose to be light BUT I guess if they can justify her circumstances then okay. It's going to be heartbreaking once the whole family finds out what happened to the Mum.

@hazelnutthursdays - Thank you for your insight, definitely puts things into perspective.

I came across this tweet from the director, if anyone's willing to translate :

Just previewed the wed episode. This might be my favorite episode... look forward to the preview for wednesday's episode later 

Edited by lalalala823
Correct trans

Can anyone tell me what's happening to DC? i mean i checked ep 29 and 30 and they were cut to 6 minutes!! Yesterday i was able to watch the entire episodes. What happened?? Gosh i hope they upload the full eps soon! i think its not ABS coz they havent mentioned anything about taking down vieos again, i think they are okay with it now. But I read earlier in a blog that some korean sites are trying to sabotage by deleting some filipino shows when they become popular and when i saw that i thought he was some kind of bogus writer so i didnt really believe it and i am hoping and praying its not true and there's just a technical problem.

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 1

Can anyone tell me what's happening to DC? i mean i checked ep 29 and 30 and they were cut to 6 minutes!! Yesterday i was able to watch the entire episodes. What happened?? Gosh i hope they upload the full eps soon! i think its not ABS coz they havent mentioned anything about taking down vieos again, i think they are okay with it now. But I read earlier in a blog that some korean sites are trying to sabotage by deleting some filipino shows when they become popular and when i saw that i thought he was some kind of bogus writer so i didnt really believe it and i am hoping and praying its not true and there's just a technical problem.

Have you tried reporting it? I opened their site as well and had the same issue. Sabotage? Seriously? If that's true, what do they gain? Hopefully DC will repair asap.

Little sweet moments today. :) Loved the bus/trolley scene. I appreciate how they show them having a natural flow to their "whatever" relationship. Heh. We should savor it cuz it seems like we're in for some rocky waves with the on-coming storm called Jigs. Brat. 

So Mom's not had such a "good" American Dream like what people dream. Here it seems she's got everything she hoped for: Green Card, money, but not the one thing she came to America for-her family. I wonder what went wrong along the way? 

On another note, looks like Leah's understanding her heart a bit more; that day-dream was pretty realistic! Lol. Hopefully something like that will happen in the future! 

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. Let the sweetness continue!

• Like 2

The fortune teller scene reminded me of Before Sunrise for some reason lol. Clark continues to make me melt, his such a special cupcake !! lol

I have to bring this up but clothing inconsistencies much ! lol. The whole celebrating thing, I seriously thought they did it over a couple of days but they didn't right ? It was just one day ?. Someone clear this up for me.

As for what's happening with DC, why would some Korean site want to sabotage otwol ?? It's literally the only Filipino show, that's being shared online with subs. I don't see how it's a threat or anything. My suggestion would be to just download it once the episode is uploaded, just in-case it does eventually get taken down.

@lalalala823 - Thank you for translating that tweet. Today's episode should be super cute, plus Jigs ain't on the plane yet lol. We still have time, can't wait to see what unfolds.