Quantcast

[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

Re: Jigs

Hidden Content

Re: Mang Sol's doctor and the relative that Jack knows in San Francisco

Yeah Jigs does have some good points. One could say he's generous. He's also got some solid friends in his corner that stand by him, so he's not evil. That's why I say that Albie is a good actor. He's got the whole world not liking his character at the moment, yet we can see that he's very humanistic. He's been this attention-hungry boy, spoilt, angry, and dismissive person. But he's also grown: he's bonding with his mother so he's not as angry. He's gonna learn when he comes to America, how hard he'll have to work to earn money. I hope he'll also learn to consider the other person's feelings...and let go.

About Jack's connection; great deduction.

It was baffling to me why they'd mention a random connection but perhaps this will have a more deeper meaning in the long run. Maybe Russel and his wife will affect Clark and Leah's relationship for the good. They all seemed to get along well from what was seen at that anniversary/wedding vow renewal.

Thanks to anyone who recaps!

Edited by Jafstar
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leah Olivar (Nadine Lustre) is a young woman who wants nothing but to go to America so she can help her family. While Clark Medina (James Reid) is a young man living in America who wants to give his s

They're cute 

They say, "Love is like a bird." If you set it free, it will fly wherever it wants. While it's flying, it might find a new love. A new love that will join the flight. Low or high... Fast or slow...

Guest lalalala823

Leah went to Clark's workplace to watch him sing. Back at home Leah was about to say I love you but clark interrupted her midway. He said that she will always be important to him and kissed her forehead and hugged her. 

Someone knocking at the door. It's jigs. He called leah lalabs. (UGHHHHH!!). Mang sol got out of the hospital. More scenes of jigs with clark and leah. He's saying clark's apartment is too small (blablabla) promising he will take care of leah will give her a comfortable life in the us. Clark asked if he was on vacation in the us. He said he will mary leah to get his green card. Tita jack said he can't do that cause clark and leah can't divorce immediately (yay!!)

It's leah's mom's death anniversary soon. Leah asks clark if he knew jigs was coming. He said yes. She's ranting to clark about jigs. "He said he'd marry me and take care of me when he didn't even ask me. What does he think.of me? A non living thing? A toy?" She is not happy with jig's surprise. Clark is sleeping on the sofa now cause he didn't want jigs to say anything about them sleeping together

Tolayts and tiffany talking. She said she wants tolayts to be sure of his feelings first. Jigs and tita jack talking, he wants to tour sanfo with leah. Clark is staring lovingly at leah while she's sleeping  and went out when she's about to wake up. 

Jigs and tita jack are at their apartment again. Leah asked them if they saw clark but they said they didn't. Jigs said to eat breakfast without him. Clark looks so sad. He's alone in a pond i think feeding some.fish. 

Preview: clark and leah staring at each other and jigs is glaring at them

Jigs trying to open leah's treasure box but leah doesn't wanna show it to him. They're fighting over it and fell on the sofa. Clark looks jealous. 

Leah tells her friend that she's hurt bec clark keeps avoiding her

They're together at a festival (?) Their faces are so close (maybe another kiss?)

They're having dinner together and clark tells leah about how he really feels. 

Sorry if it's not that accurate and if there are typos I'm on mobile. Oh and I may be a tiny tiny tiny bit biased at some scenes with jigs I hope you guys understand. Lol. :)

Edited by lalalala823

Leah went to Clark's workplace to watch him sing. Back at home Leah was about to say I love you but clark interrupted her midway. He said that she will always be important to him and kissed her forehead and hugged her. 

Someone knocking at the door. It's jigs. He called leah lalabs. (UGHHHHH!!). Mang sol got out of the hospital. More scenes of jigs with clark and leah. He's saying clark's apartment is too small (blablabla) promising he will take care of leah will give her a comfortable life in the us. Clark asked if he was on vacation in the us. He said he will mary leah to get his green card. Tita jack said he can't do that cause clark and leah can't divorce immediately (yay!!)

It's leah's mom's death anniversary soon. Leah asks clark if he knew jigs was coming. He said yes. She's ranting to clark about jigs. "He said he'd marry me and take care of me when he didn't even ask me. What does he think.of me? A non living thing? A toy?" She is not happy with jig's surprise. Clark is sleeping on the sofa now cause he didn't want jigs to say anything about them sleeping together

Tolayts and tiffany talking. She said she wants tolayts to be sure of his feelings first. Jigs and tita jack talking, he wants to tour sanfo with leah. Clark is staring lovingly at leah while she's sleeping  and went out when she's about to wake up. 

Jigs and tita jack are at their apartment again. Leah asked them if they saw clark but they said they didn't. Jigs said to eat breakfast without him. Clark looks so sad. He's alone in a pond i think feeding some.fish

Jigs trying to open leah's treasure box but leah doesn't wanna show it to him. They're fighting over it and fell on the sofa. Clark looks jealous. 

They're together at a festival (?) Their faces are so close (maybe another kiss?)

Sorry if it's not that accurate and if there are typos I'm on mobile. Oh and I may be a tiny tiny tiny bit biased at some scenes with jigs I hope you guys understand. Lol. :)

Thank you! You're awesome doing this on a mobile. Leah's reaction to Jigs' surprise was what I expected. His kind of love is possessive and makes her feel like he owns her, and Clark's love makes her feel free, priceless, and treasured. What was up with Jigs and the box? I'd be furious if my ex passed boundaries & went through my personal belongings. Grr. I can't even. And this is just the first episode with his arrival. He'll have to go through major personality changes for me to like him. (And truly, I want to like him as a Second Lead, but I'm not on board right now) I keep seeing how he first treated Leah, and how he threw stuff out of anger. To me, that could be the start of an abusive partner. No way! Get out of there Leah, unless you want a relationship like your Momma's. Sigh. Please PD: disperse some cute scenes to lighten the depressing mode...

Edited by Jafstar
  • Like 1

Jigs and tita jack are at their apartment again. Leah asked them if they saw clark but they said they didn't. Jigs said to eat breakfast without him. Clark looks so sad. He's alone in a pond i think feeding some.fish

thank youuuu! I hardly wait to see that moment when they are upfronting with their feelings! 

• Like 1
Guest leira_777

Thank you! You're awesome doing this on a mobile. Leah's reaction to Jigs' surprise was what I expected. His kind of love is possessive and makes her feel like he owns her, and Clark's love makes her feel free, priceless, and treasured. What was up with Jigs and the box? I'd be furious if my ex passed boundaries & went through my personal belongings. Grr. I can't even. And this is just the first episode with his arrival. He'll have to go through major personality changes for me to like him. (And truly, I want to like him as a Second Lead, but I'm not on board right now) I keep seeing how he first treated Leah, and how he threw stuff out of anger. To me, that could be the start of an abusive partner. No way! Get out of there Leah, unless you want a relationship like your Momma's. Sigh. Please PD: disperse some cute scenes to lighten the depressing mode...

The problem with Jigs is that he refuses to see him and Leah as ex-lovers. He still insists on acting as if she's still his girlfriend.  That's why he didn't find it intrusive to still go through with her stuff. I just hate it that Clark has to see them on that couch with bodies intertwined, and feel so hurt. It's natural for him to see malice because the two were ex-lovers. Four years together is no joke and you'd feel insecure that Leah's love for you may be no match to her love for your cousin whom she chose to be with for four years. 

Jigs used to be super funny with his bratty ways and anger management problem. But he's certainly not likable being uber arrogant and condescending. When he and Tita Jack surprised CLeah, first thing he points out is how small Clark's apartment is and why he has been in the US for so long but seem to still be poor. You can see his mom being uncomfortable because she has the same small apartment. Then he confidently told Leah that she deserves better than the dump she's living in so he will make sure to provide life's improvements for her. Clark asked isn't he just here for a vacation? Jigs replied that maybe his citizenship petition gets granted while he's there or if that doesn't come soon, then he can marry Leah. When his mom said Leah can't divorce Clark yet because it will look suspicious, he said he will wait until they can. *roll my eyes*

I'm looking forward to Clark and Leah actually fighting for their love. I really hope there are no noble idiotic decisions to be made. It would be more fun to see them fighting for their love, and the series just moving on with their struggles as a married couple. 

I was about to go all Jigs mode when I saw the preview for next week. How dare he touch her treasure box !! The guy doesn't know what boundaries are and that's really scary. I wonder if Jigs is like this because his learned this behavior from his uncles ?? (just a random thought cause Tita Jack, Lola, Clark's siblings & even his friends are all cool - none display this sort of behavior) .

I heard Leah say the word "ambush " correct me if I'm wrong, after JIgs/Tita Jack leave and she asks Clark if he knew about it. Which is so true, nobody gave the girl a heads up on what was coming her way. Poor thing was peeved off & sadly Clark couldn't comfort her, instead goes to sleep on the couch.

Anyways here's a pic of my favs, I low-key wouldn't have minded if this show was about the sisters :

I was about to go all Jigs mode when I saw the preview for next week. How dare he touch her treasure box !! The guy doesn't know what boundaries are and that's really scary. I wonder if Jigs is like this because his learned this behavior from his uncles ?? (just a random thought cause Tita Jack, Lola, Clark's siblings & even his friends are all cool - none display this sort of behavior) .

I heard Leah say the word "ambush " correct me if I'm wrong, after JIgs/Tita Jack leave and she asks Clark if he knew about it. Which is so true, nobody gave the girl a heads up on what was coming her way. Poor thing was peeved off & sadly Clark couldn't comfort her, instead goes to sleep on the couch.

Anyways here's a pic of my favs, I low-key wouldn't have minded if this show was about the sisters :

Hello @ KDIK - yes, Leah did say "ambush." She asked Clark if he knew that Jigs was coming with Tita Jack when she comes back to San Francisco. When he said yes, Leah asked him why she was never informed. Clark said, "He said he wanted it to be a surprise." Leah argues that it wasn't a surprise, but an "ambush." She obviously wasn't happy about it. During their time at the table, Jigs was saying that he will marry Leah. Leah was ranting to Clark about that, too. The recaps in the previous posts covered that.

• Like 1

I had the same reaction as you did. Even if they dated for 4 years or even 8 years, there are boundaries that must be kept. And he keeps on touching Leah. That really ticks me off. I'd be slapping his hands away from my shoulder if my ex did that in front of my husband. Ugh. And I cannot go on enough how NO ONE told her Jigs was coming. Like come on, even her sister, who KNOWS how Leah feels about Clark, she didn't inform her either? What the fudge. Doesn't her family and friends care what she thinks? Just watching Leah's expression, I'm shocked she didn't burst out at Jigs when he was saying that she could marry him to help him with his greencard; he's so rude! Did you catch the competitive looks the cousins gave each other at the table? Clark even smirked a tad! Hah! Seeing them vie for Leah's attention would be comical. Btw, there's a picture floating around the web with them in bed and him holding her, both teary-eyed...think that will be a future scene or just unscene footage?

btw, does anyone have a time frame of how long Leah has been in the U.S. and how long her and Clark have been married?

Edited by Jafstar
Guest leira_777

^^ True about that competitive vibe. Jigs knew that moment the door was opened that there's something with Leah and Clark. That's why he said out loud that they don't seem happy to see him. It's not only him being arrogant but also to embarass them and maybe guilt them. His rude belittling of everything Clark has or what he has given to Leah is very intentional. Arrogant behavior is mostly acting out of insecurities. He has that insecurity when he sensed there's something with the 2. As an ex-boyfriend who loved Leah for 4 or 6 years, he's the best person in that room who can tell if Leah is in love even without saying a word. So he needed to make Clark look like a loser in front of Leah because he wanted Leah to see him as the better partner (although it worked the opposite way lol). Since that greeting, he has done nothing but criticize Clark. If he's not insecure or jealous, he wouldn't do that because he and Clark are cousins who grew up together for 13 years. Clark is the closest cousin he has. 

Jafstar I'm finally back. And I can rant all I want about that freaking Jiggs! I want to pull out all his hair! He's freaking insane and insecure.

I feel bad for Clark. The moment they heard someone knocking on their door, it feels like he has an idea that it's Jiggs.

Clark to Leah:

"I can't live without you."

Yes Clark! I can't live without you as well. 

• Like 3
I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy.I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy.I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy. 

I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse.

Anyway, I don't like that Leah will owe tita Jack (again) because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy. 

Guest lalalala823
I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy.I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy.I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy. 

I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse.

Anyway, I don't like that Leah will owe tita Jack (again) because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy. 

I agree. The editing has been kinda off for me lately too. And about leah being more indebted to tita jack, I think it would make more impact when and if leah and clark fights for their love. Like their love conquered it all? It will show how important they think their love is and that it won't matter even if it's them against the world. 

Unfortunately you'll have to bear with it. In Filipino dramas they tend to abuse the song a lot. Especially the title song. Haha! So I guess one way or another you'll hear different versions of it.

I don't like that as well. I guess Jiggs will shove that to Leah's face. That he's doing a lot of favors for her and her family.

I HATE JIGGS!

• Like 2

Jafstar I'm finally back. And I can rant all I want about that freaking Jiggs! I want to pull out all his hair! He's freaking insane and insecure.

I feel bad for Clark. The moment they heard someone knocking on their door, it feels like he has an idea that it's Jiggs.

Clark to Leah:

Hi!!! *waves* Happy you've returned :D 

Yes, Jigs is a FREAK!! Lol. But unfortunately, a necessary freak. Don't we actually love to hate the responsible party that's endangering our OTP's happiness? Hahaha. We'd have no show if not for his conflict. (Though we wish we could just have rainbows, stars and hearts bursting all the time through our tvs.)

Clark has been giving these woebegone looks lately and  it will probably get worse. Argh! He KNEW it was Jigs. It was like Doomsday appeared at Superman's door. Surprise, knowledge, sadness, resignation - these emotions flickered across his face as Leah answered the door. Cannot wait for him to feel he has a right to love her. He'll be on fire then!

Yes, that preview scene is killer- finally he admits it; he cannot live without Leah!! Clark has become such an open person since she's been in his life. If the sun goes away, can the earth survive? 

Yeah, another song would add flavor to the series, and showcase their awesome voices...I'd love to see them do a duet together. But as the title of the whole series is OTWOL, their duet would probably be the same song.

I have that same feeling: Leah will feel more debt to Tita and Jigs, and she never asked for them to do that! No one asked them to meddle into the Oliver's financial responsibility. (To which they are very firm that they work hard for their own things. Think about how Tatang didn't want anyone's help with him getting the money for his heart surgery.) That's my big deal with this situation of Jigs: he has no kept boundaries. Like someone said before, he still views himself as Leah's boyfriend. Now, if he was the actual son-in-law, that'd be fine. Also, with Jigs being such a possessive control freak, you can just see how he'll use his "generosity" against Leah. But someone also made a good point earlier (forgive me I forget who): The connection of the doctor's cousin was the groom that C&L met at the wedding. So perhaps the writer isn't going to have jigs threaten Leah. Maybe it will be the means of our OTP getting back together. Gotta just be patient. Come soon Monday! Heh.

My issue with Leah owing Tita or to a lesser extent Jigs is that it's going to a take a real "expletive" to think that you owe them for the simple idea of taking care of another human being (you know showing compassion or good-will) requires them (that person) to sacrifice their own sense of happiness for the self-aggrandizing/self-serving "expletive". If Leah owes anything to Tita it's at best a thank you and really it should end there. She's made her feeling for Jigs abundantly clear and for Tita or Jigs to exploit the situation again makes for a rather "expletive" move on either's part. The sad bit is we know that Tita is more than understanding of things but Jigs on the other hand is going to use every bit this fact against Leah and well Clark to some point. I want Tita to smack some sense into Jigs (like she did previously) because this isn't how you deal with your emotions nor with people you care about. Jigs needs to get over Leah and being around her or forcing yourself into a position where you're around her is simply unhealthy [things Tita has already mentioned to him --- but in one ear out the other it seems].

Moving on, I'm waiting to see what they plan on doing with Tiffany & Tolayts, I think in the re-cap for episode 35 it was mentioned that Tiffany wanted to know his intentions/feelings but I honestly have to say he wears his feelings on his sleeves [his little gesture for find blood donors and his overcoming fear of needles/blood to donate (attempt to) himself]. I think it's obvious to anyone who actually is around him that he's in it for the long haul and that it fairly obvious that she has him wrapped around her little finger (in a good and bad sense I'd venture). I doubt that her father is going to have any objections, so it's a matter of Tiffany just accepting Tolayts because you know he's not going away any time soon [tempted to compare Tolayts to Jigs but nah no comparison needed].

My issue with Leah owing Tita or to a lesser extent Jigs is that it's going to a take a real "expletive" to think that you owe them for the simple idea of taking care of another human being (you know showing compassion or good-will) requires them (that person) to sacrifice their own sense of happiness for the self-aggrandizing/self-serving "expletive". If Leah owes anything to Tita it's at best a thank you and really it should end there. She's made her feeling for Jigs abundantly clear and for Tita or Jigs to exploit the situation again makes for a rather "expletive" move on either's part. The sad bit is we know that Tita is more than understanding of things but Jigs on the other hand is going to use every bit this fact against Leah and well Clark to some point. I want Tita to smack some sense into Jigs (like she did previously) because this isn't how you deal with your emotions nor with people you care about. Jigs needs to get over Leah and being around her or forcing yourself into a position where you're around her is simply unhealthy [things Tita has already mentioned to him --- but in one ear out the other it seems].

Moving on, I'm waiting to see what they plan on doing with Tiffany & Tolayts, I think in the re-cap for episode 35 it was mentioned that Tiffany wanted to know his intentions/feelings but I honestly have to say he wears his feelings on his sleeves [his little gesture for find blood donors and his overcoming fear of needles/blood to donate (attempt to) himself]. I think it's obvious to anyone who actually is around him that he's in it for the long haul and that it fairly obvious that she has him wrapped around her little finger (in a good and bad sense I'd venture). I doubt that her father is going to have any objections, so it's a matter of Tiffany just accepting Tolayts because you know he's not going away any time soon [tempted to compare Tolayts to Jigs but nah no comparison needed].

You say it so nicely. Heh. But I agree: doing goodwill should not be charged with a fee. It's a basic human principal which Jigs seems not to be taught. And yes to the Mom-smack down. The man deserves it since his thick skull isn't getting it. 

Tiffany and Tolayts are just sugar. :wub: I love how he flirts with her. His eyes all googly and her with her little smirks. Lol. She definitely has a keeper on her hands.

Clark to Leah:

Delurking. Last Friday's episode was very painful to watch :tears: but I know this is just the start. I must hold on. This "I can't live without you" line from Clark with teary eyes, holding hands and kiss really had hit me mqdefault.jpg

He seemed desperate. I know that's a common line in every romance stories but I remember crying over a confession scene in a movie I watched before where the guy tells the girl that he was content in being alone and he sees himself alone in the future too but after meeting her and falling in love with her, he realized that he can no longer live without her, something like that.

I came across the synopsis from the OTWOL scrapbook, not the exact words: Clark's life has been full of heartbreaks. Upon coming to US, his dad rejected him then soon his mother died. He was placed in foster homes but he got abused. He only persevered and survived in the US because of his love for his siblings. These misfortunes and responsibilities of life deprived him of romantic love. Then Leah came and his life has changed. They became fond of each other because they have that same goal of making a better life for their family. They grew closer as they revealed their secrets to one another. It's only understandable for them to fall in love with each other especially Clark. 

I also realized that the lyrics of the song On the Wings of Love also fits their story like those keywords smile, sunshine, angel, wings, etc. The line "And, I'm yours exclusively" reminded me of the words in the treasure box "Sa'yo lang ako." :wub:

Okay back to lurking. :P

• Like 2