[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

Didn't Clark say: I can't live without you there? Will she try to move out? He'll avoid her coz of Jigs and would she want to make things easier for him?!? No way!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...anyway...things getting better and better...me like :)

I feel sorry for Tita Jack...she'll see Leah loves Clark and not  her son...will be hard for her

• Like 1

Guest leira_777

I agree on the song. I know some Philippine shows tend to abuse only 1 song but then I also know of a recent show (Oh My G) where the leads are also great singers and they used many songs throughout the show, not just the show's signature song. They showcased the 2 young singers' singing abilities by having them cover a lot of good old songs and used them for the TV series. So yeah, I hope they use other songs soon. 

- Sneak peak into what's to come this week for all shows on the channel, OTWOL is included. (I'll revel in seeing Jiggs be jealous of these two lol)

- James & Nadine performed the title song, at 'Showtime Kapamilya Day' yesterday. Props to James for not being fazed by the fans especially the random one who kissed him ! . As for these two, they've got crazy good chemistry.

- After the performance I don't know what Vice Ganda asked but James sang another song (his sung it before for Nadine, on her birthday & I think also on Vice Ganda's show - correct me if I'm wrong though). Check it out because Anne Curtis who made a special appearance in OTWOL was also one of the hosts & her reaction was exactly me when I saw this lol -

- YES ! I'm waiting for a new song too. OTWOL is fine but there's only so many versions of it before it's straight overkill lol. I want Thyro & Yumi to make a song for the show.

Edited by KDIK

Jafstar I'm finally back. And I can rant all I want about that freaking Jiggs! I want to pull out all his hair! He's freaking insane and insecure.

I feel bad for Clark. The moment they heard someone knocking on their door, it feels like he has an idea that it's Jiggs.

Clark to Leah:

"I can't live without you."

Yes Clark! I can't live without you as well. 

Delurking. Last Friday's episode was very painful to watch :tears: but I know this is just the start. I must hold on. This "I can't live without you" line from Clark with teary eyes, holding hands and kiss really had hit me mqdefault.jpg

He seemed desperate. I know that's a common line in every romance stories but I remember crying over a confession scene in a movie I watched before where the guy tells the girl that he was content in being alone and he sees himself alone in the future too but after meeting her and falling in love with her, he realized that he can no longer live without her, something like that.

I came across the synopsis from the OTWOL scrapbook, not the exact words: Clark's life has been full of heartbreaks. Upon coming to US, his dad rejected him then soon his mother died. He was placed in foster homes but he got abused. He only persevered and survived in the US because of his love for his siblings. These misfortunes and responsibilities of life deprived him of romantic love. Then Leah came and his life has changed. They became fond of each other because they have that same goal of making a better life for their family. They grew closer as they revealed their secrets to one another. It's only understandable for them to fall in love with each other especially Clark. 

I also realized that the lyrics of the song On the Wings of Love also fits their story like those keywords smile, sunshine, angel, wings, etc. The line "And, I'm yours exclusively" reminded me of the words in the treasure box "Sa'yo lang ako." :wub:

Okay back to lurking. :P

That treasure box is really a CONFESSION. Like

"Hello Leah!

I'm only yours."

Even if he said that was the box was saying and not him. It's implied already!

Anyways, the fact that she's collecting "HAPPY MEMORIES" is a sign that something sad will definitely happen. Now that Angry Bird Jiggs (did he get a licensed for using Angry Bird? Lol.) is in the States as well and trying his best to separate our OTP, major heartbreak will come for sure.

Waiting for Monday is really painful. 

Jafstar I'm finally back. And I can rant all I want about that freaking Jiggs! I want to pull out all his hair! He's freaking insane and insecure.

I feel bad for Clark. The moment they heard someone knocking on their door, it feels like he has an idea that it's Jiggs.

Clark to Leah:

"I can't live without you."

Yes Clark! I can't live without you as well. 

Hi!!! *waves* Happy you've returned :D 

Yes, Jigs is a FREAK!! Lol. But unfortunately, a necessary freak. Don't we actually love to hate the responsible party that's endangering our OTP's happiness? Hahaha. We'd have no show if not for his conflict. (Though we wish we could just have rainbows, stars and hearts bursting all the time through our tvs.)

Clark has been giving these woebegone looks lately and  it will probably get worse. Argh! He KNEW it was Jigs. It was like Doomsday appeared at Superman's door. Surprise, knowledge, sadness, resignation - these emotions flickered across his face as Leah answered the door. Cannot wait for him to feel he has a right to love her. He'll be on fire then!

Yes, that preview scene is killer- finally he admits it; he cannot live without Leah!! Clark has become such an open person since she's been in his life. If the sun goes away, can the earth survive? 

I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy.I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie boy.I love this serie but seriously they need to stop with the song "On The Wing Of Love"! I loved it but now I'm overdosing on it! And can't they also stop cutting the music so abruptly between transition scenes? I feel like the quality of the filming is getting worse. Anyway, I don't like that now Leah will owe tita Jack (again)because a friend of tita Jack gave Mangsol a discount on his surgery. Now Leah will certainly feel more indebt to tita jack and she'll keep her promise to not fall for Clarkie bo

I'm happy that I can finally visit the site and thread again and that feels forever. It took a lot of my will power not to visit here.

I know Jiggs will be a BIG FACTOR for our OTP. He's a must. All dramas needs some crazy-obsessed-villain for our OTP to fight for what is right for them. But right now I'm just pissed off at him. Dang it Jiggs! They are starting to distance themselves to each other and now that Jiggs is there in the flesh, they will really have a valid reason to distance. They are confessing to each other in their own way but it's like they know it but they cannot tell it personally. They're afraid to break that promise to Tita Jack. But like what Leah's friend told her, she doesn't have the right to do that to them. To stop what they're feeling for each other.

Those stares. I think the moment he knows that Jiggs got his visa, he really did start to distance from Leah. Him hearing that knock on the door in the middle of the night is the wake up call. That Jiggs is there and will try to win her back. He's like defeated and surrendered. It was heartbreaking.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW! I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

• Like 3

Didn't Clark say: I can't live without you there? Will she try to move out? He'll avoid her coz of Jigs and would she want to make things easier for him?!? No way!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sorry for Tita Jack...she'll see Leah loves Clark and not  her son...will be hard for her

Hi there! I re-watched the preview scene and if the translation is correct, Clark said, "The more I keep myself away from you, the more it gets hard for me....I cannot live without you Leah." And in another scene of the preview, Leah said something about she knows why Clark is pulling away, but it's really painful for her. I don't think she's leaving him...but I suppose that could happen. Hopefully not. Anyways, where would she go? She's not really in a position financially to live elsewhere. I can't see her moving in with Tita Jack with Jigs there. Unless she moved in with Monette. Let's hope they work things out before it gets to the point of moving out. :(

Edited by Jafstar
  • Like 3

Hi there! I re-watched the preview scene and if the translation is correct, Clark said, "The more I keep myself away from you, the more it gets hard for me....I cannot live without you Leah." And in another scene of the preview, Leah said something about she knows why Clark is pulling away, but it's really painful for her. I don't think she's leaving him...but I suppose that could happen. Hopefully not. Anyways, where would she go? She's not really in a position financially to live elsewhere. I can't see her moving in with Tita Jack with Jigs there. Unless she moved in with Monette. Let's hope they work things out before it gets to the point of moving out. :(

Yes. He said "I can't live without you, Leah." I guess they're going to live with each other but will still put a distance. I'm watching the episode last 24th of September. It makes me cry how she's collecting happy memories. :(

• HAPPY MEMORY No. 1 : Napa Valley
  • HAPPY MEMORY No. 2 : Prom
  • HAPPY MEMORY No. 3 : Adobo
  • HAPPY MEMORY No. 4 : I love you too
  • Like 3

dropping by to just share these things...

ok i was rewatching the pilot episode coz i was making a gifset and i discovered that Jigs was an ahole even when they were still kids (well i guess i havent payed attention to that part before)  and DANG!!!what Leah was narrating in the beginning gave me goosebumps!!! its so much alike with what Juan Miguel Severo mentioned in his poem.

It basically summarized all that has happened and i reckon what will happen next.. let's dissect what she was said in the intro..

Someone told me that Love is like a Bird. And if you're going to love, you will love the way a bird should be loved. Take it, Take care of it, Put it in a cage, Love it. Love it wholeheartedly. But if it wants to leave, If it wants to fly far away, don't stop it. Let it go. Let it fly, because if it truly loves you, it will always come back to you.

Someone told me that Love is like a Bird. But I hope it's not just any bird. I think, if you're going to love... Love the way a dove loves.

That's true love. Ready to say goodbye, Ready to let go. Because you know that no matter how many times it leaves, it will keep coming back to you. Maybe not as quick as you want, but it will come back. It will leave again, Yes. But what matters is, it will always come back.

so there you go the origin of the push-pull relationship of Leah and Clark bow!

hoooo noooo!!!! i worry so much for this specific line "Maybe not as quick as you want, but it will come back. It will leave again, Yes" so do you think  we will really be getting a separation in the future??.. "not a quick as you want?" but otteoke? I'm not a patient person and If "ready to say goodbye and ready to let go" is what you call true love then i dont have that kind of love.. no!! only Clark can do that but can I request for a revision of the script wherein he be selfish just for once? i dont want goodbye's or separation for the two... so aigoo please just no!! have mercy on our poor hearts...

anyways i cant stop laughing at this tweet

tumblr_inline_nvcfqoFXMf1qcmegp_500.gif

but REMEMBER GUYS HATE THE CHARACTER NOT THE ACTOR.. coz seriously Albie Casiño is really nailing this character tho..

I never knew him outside OTWOL, all I knew about him were the scandals that surrounded him before but basing from his tweets he seems like a nice person afterall coz he replies to fans and is actually very supportive  too for he always encourages fans to trend the hashtag everyday... here are some of his funny tweets.

Trans: Your tweets, you're so mad/annoyed at Jigs. haha lol.(well i really appreciate how he is really cool about it, i can just imagine how much hate he gets from other shallow minded fans)

and speaking of Juan Miguel Severo too.. I cant stop laughing at his tweet..

trans: I dont get why you guys keep saying Rico keeps on looking at Jigs. You're Judgmental

and OMG!!! I JUST LOVE DIREK JADAONE!! she knows us verrrrryyyy weeeelllll!!!

Trans: BROTHER TRUST ME, THEY DONT MIND

and hell yes we dont!!

• Like 3

@ranxie We all kind of expect the two to go their separate ways whether or not that means that Leah will be forced into a relationship with Jigs is yet to be seen or if it simply means that one of them will simply run away it does seem more than likely that "love will find a way to bring them back together". What I would find funny is if Leah runs away and Clark has to go and find her, out of the three he's pretty much the only one that knows her well enough now to figure out where she could run off too (Hint: Napa Valley). 

The worst thing about "distance" for these two is the fact that they are arms length away from each other and they can't be. Neither of them are moving out, they'll just physically be putting a barrier between each other now, like how Clark is sleeping on the couch and already avoiding Leah by leaving the house first. I see it continuing on, for how long who knows.

@ranxie - Yeah Jiggs was ALWAYS like that lol. Leah even mentions during their relationship how he gets upset if things don't go his way. I often see people ask why Leah was even in a relationship with him in the first place, she was young & naive lol. I never got the vibe that she was as invested in what they had as he was, I just feel she was motherly towards the guy. I love how her narration form the beginning connects with her latest narration, it's like a continuation of her story.

@AlexMao - I never thought about Leah running away lol. I'm not even going to lie, I actually think that would be cool, especially if it's to Napa Valley.

I secretly wish Rico was Clark's friend so we could get awesome poetry and lines from him on the regular.

I so reckon Russel will be the one to spill the beans about Clark & Leah to Mang Sol ? I don't think it was some random detail they threw in for fun, it's gotta be setting us up for something right ?.

@Jafstar - I don't remember if it was you who asked, but I think Clark and Leah have been married maybe four-five months in the timeline. It's never been explicitly stated, except that one time when they went to their very first interview, that they have been married two months at that point. Considering Tita Jack's month-long vacation that she extended and Mang Sol's recovery, that puts it about another two or so months more. I'm just guessing and calculating. I like that the show never really makes time stamps. It makes it more slice-of-life.

To tide me over the weekend, I've been trawling the internet and found some fan fiction gems (nothing lengthy, just bite-sized pieces to snack to). Sharing some here. :) 

http://balthyzars.tumblr.com/post/129716399759/clark-leah-28-pleaaaase

http://youremorethanthatjemma.tumblr.com/post/129740510980/also-leahclark-59

http://balthyzars.tumblr.com/post/128772478204/also-am-i-allowed-to-request-leahclark-23

http://cafebreaks.livejournal.com/47926.html

I think this is more a Tumblr game but it's so cute http://balthyzars.tumblr.com/post/128922541174/cleah-for-the-ship-thing-even-though-a-bunch-of

@KDIK - I don't know if there will be more to Russell than there is at the moment. We already saw his purpose fulfilled in that Mang Sol's doctor exempted them from her professional fees because Tita Jack gave him a call. The discount turned into an exemption. It's not unlikely that Russell might slip, given how small the world is (and this does happen in real life). Actually Russell has been quite singled out as one of Tita Jack's friends. He was the one who led the champagne toast in Clark and Leah's wedding reception. Later on, it's his anniversary party and we get to see what kind of marriage/relationship Clark and Leah might grow into. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Edited by hazelnutthursdays
Added more content
  • Like 3

@Jafstar - I don't remember if it was you who asked, but I think Clark and Leah have been married maybe four-five months in the timeline. It's never been explicitly stated, except that one time when they went to their very first interview, that they have been married two months at that point. Considering Tita Jack's month-long vacation that she extended and Mang Sol's recovery, that puts it about another two or so months more. I'm just guessing and calculating. I like that the show never really makes time stamps. It makes it more slice-of-life.

To tide me over the weekend, I've been trawling the internet and found some fan fiction gems (nothing lengthy, just bite-sized pieces to snack to). Sharing some here. :) 

Hidden Content

@KDIK - I don't know if there will be more to Russell than there is at the moment. We already saw his purpose fulfilled in that Mang Sol's doctor exempted them from her professional fees because Tita Jack gave him a call. The discount turned into an exemption. It's not unlikely that Russell might slip, given how small the world is (and this does happen in real life). Actually Russell has been quite singled out as one of Tita Jack's friends. He was the one who led the champagne toast in Clark and Leah's wedding reception. Later on, it's his anniversary party and we get to see what kind of marriage/relationship Clark and Leah might grow into. We'll just have to wait and see. 

lol. I had forgotten I had asked that till you answered me. Thanks, at the time I was considering how long their marriage was and how long it was taking for Leah to get her green card. Such a random thought. Anyways, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. And regarding those fanfiction and Tumblr game-awesome! Thanks for a good read. Can't wait for Monday...

I don't know why but I can't remember Russel at all. I think I'm too absorbed with our OTP that only I can remember their family. :(

If ever he meets him he might slip up. Or maybe Mang Sol's doctor? He might have told Mang Sol's doctor about Leah and Clark?

The worst thing about "distance" for these two is the fact that they are arms length away from each other and they can't be. Neither of them are moving out, they'll just physically be putting a barrier between each other now, like how Clark is sleeping on the couch and already avoiding Leah by leaving the house first. I see it continuing on, for how long who knows.

I secretly wish Rico was Clark's friend so we could get awesome poetry and lines from him on the regular.

I so reckon Russel will be the one to spill the beans about Clark & Leah to Mang Sol ? I don't think it was some random detail they threw in for fun, it's gotta be setting us up for something right ?.

That's the heartbreaking thing. Clark is starting to distance himself from Leah. You know he's hurting but I can see that he will still keep his distance because of Jiggs and his promise to tita Jack. He knows his cousin is selfish and he thinks that he don't have the right to fight for Leah because their marriage is of convenience. Just to help Leah but in the process he fell in love. They fell in love.

It's upsetting that they're trying to suppress their feelings. Add Jiggs to that equation. Then it's a heartbreaking moment for our OTP.

Oh. Didn't Tita Jack mentioned that Clark has ONE ex-girlfriend? Do you think she'll come back to add to the crazy equation?

I should re-watch everything and know. I skipped on some episodes because of important matters and now that I'm free, I will watch them again and again. I cannot wait to finish work and just wait for the episode today.

Hashtag for tonight:

#OTWOLHadlang

Edited by xiashenghan
  • Like 1

Spoiler alert ahead :

- No clue if his her boss in the States or back in the Philippines.

Had to share this because his the most cutest thing EVER !!

- I just thought with the Russel thing, that maybe Mang Sol wants to thank him personally and one thing leads to another but who knows.

- Gear up everybody !! This week is going to be a make or break one lol.

@KDIK That's not her boss, at least not her boss from the Pizziaria so it's possible this is one of the various people she'd run into if she was still intent on finding new work [assistant or customer service based]. The picture itself doesn't give anything away (at least to me) as it could easily be some place San Francisco and given the drab colour scheme and sparseness it looks like a hotel/motel based setting --- failing that might be an employment agency (cork board and third person (under the 'A') in first shot with Leah). 

I dont know if you have seen these Preview Pics of today's episode but I'm gonna put it in here anyways..

trans: Why cant Leah fall asleep?

trans: Looks like Jigs will make it up [to Leah]

trans: 'Don't give up, Clark!'

Trans: Another bad news again

Trans: Will this two really make it up?

anyways main purpose here is to share these really funny clips... Gosh this fans are making my day!!!

Caps Trans: TELL IT TO NINGNING!! (NingNing is another drama in here about that little girl... her blank expression is priceless!!! I KEN NOT!!!)

Trans of Jigs monologue: Did you know, mom was the one who took care of Leah in America, because of course i told her so. I'll take care of Leah, I won't let anything bad happen to her

I'm crying to this!!

Juan Miguel Severo even tweeted this

Caps Trans: JIGS listen to RICO...  he will finish after 5 years... please just wait for his novel to finish for the progress of the Philippines

What's Written on Rico's Bubble thought

#1: dont be excited, this will take 5 years to finish

#2: For the future of the People of the Philippines, remain here Jigs

Trans of Rico's poem: For the likeness/urge to make it stronger, for tomorrow, for the dreams we want to build, for ourselves, for friends, siblings, family, for the ones we love

• Like 1