[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

I really like the little bits of magic and mystery they somehow come up in small moments, like the fortune-teller from the last episode. 

And it looks like there will be performance poetry in the next. :)  

Ranxie, your reply was so cute. I smiled when u said u havent packed your things yet coz that happens a lot to me too because of this show. Haha. I will try my best to recap in behalf of you. Hehe

Hazelnuttfridays-youre welcome! Im happy i can be of service to you guys. Hehe

@colcolyn1958_stv - Dear, you're too excited for the weekend. My name is hazelnutthursdays. :) You took me to Friday too soon. :D

• Like 2

Hahaha. Im sorry Hazelnutthursdays. Did i get that right? i cant quote your names coz its too difficult using my phone. Haha. I once called Zagigirl Zigzagirl. Where is she now? Hahaha. I get confused. So sorry in advance to those i might misquote in the future. Hehe

I sympathize with phone users, me too!! It takes extra care in typing. Lol. IKR, where's @xiashenghan & @zagigirl been lately? Miss your thoughts you two. Of course, RL is that problematic thing that takes over drama watching! :P Good thing to keep it all in balance, eh? 

@KDIK You're so quick with those pics-awesome! Btw, you mentioned there was a photo of Jigs in a cleaning uniform & something about him not leaving Leah be? Where was that one? I tried finding it, but didn't see it. 

like usual, thank you so much @KDIK wah wah wah.. tonite, #otwol will reach number 1 again on twitter.. :) and for international fans, DC already released ep 32 (no download link yet) but it's okay.. we can watch it.. happy watching chingudeul :D

Thanks for letting us know! They've been quick this week, maybe they've become fans of the show too. It's so addicting! :D

• Like 2

Guest lalalala823

Screencaps from Dreamscape for today's episode #OTWOLSweetestSurprise -

Hidden Content

OMG! I died at tita jack's face while jigs is buying stuff. Lol. That's the face I make everytime jigs mentions leah.

From those pictures in the candy shop, is it me, or does it seem like Tita Jack knows that Jigs is going overboard? (That or she's just really jealous of the love that he gives to Leah in comparison to her.) I just hope that she steps up to the motherly role, and tells him what he needs to hear. He gave her more respect when she stood up to him. Plus he's gonna need her support once his heart is pulverized. I sincerely hope they have a girl in the wings for him, just not on the wings of C&L's love. kkkkk! :lol: (Sorry for the corney) 

Thanks to all who recap

• Like 1

ok so this is my first time ever to do the recap and here it goes. the episode starts with Clark asking Leah to go to the Prom with him and she agrees, after shortly returning to their place and giggling like a kid. this is also the first time he called her "Mrs. Leah Medina." while they were inside the limo on their way to the hotel, Leah asks Clark why he's doing this and he said that its the part 2 of their celebration for accomplishing their mission and also since they both havent attended their proms. when they arrived in the hotel, an american butler greeted them and assisted them to the ballroom where Cullen and Leah's friend were also waiting for them. they start talking about Leah's dream about wanting to wear a pretty gown, shoes, tiara and the orchestra. clark said something like "of course, your prince charming. but since he isnt here, then i will be your proxy for tonight." they sat down and started eating and drinking wine and Clark told Leah that he has one more gift for her. it was the wooden box with words written at the top that says "sayo lang ako" (im only yours) and told Leah that if she has any important stuff or valuables, she can keep it there. Leah mumbled, "how? i dont think you can fit inside this box." Clark was a little stunned but he seemed happy about it. Meanwhile, Tita Jacks and Jigs went out to buy pasalubong (food souvenir?). Then Clark told Leah that the night isnt finished yet, he went first and Leah followed him. he started playing the piano and Leah was smiling sweetly. afterwards, Clark approaches her and tells her that he didnt have enough time to learn the piano so that was all he can do. Leah smiles at him and says "Clark. this is simply too much"and hugs him. they both hug each other earnestly. Jigs told  Tita Jack he wants to visit Mang Sol and buy him some food.  while Clark and Leah were dancing, Leah started talking about her ultimate crush when she was in high school and that she wanted to be his date for the prom but since she didnt go, he danced with another girl and eventually became his gf. Leah however realized "now i know why i couldnt go to that prom. because this moment was waititng to happen. even if i had a time machine, i would never change a thing, not this moment, and especially the man who is my promdate now. i know this is only for tonight and tomorrow, things will go back to how it really is but this reality is better than any fantasy." Clark didnt seem to be too talkative in this ep. Meanwhike, Jigs went out to celebrate with his friends, and his "jawline" friend unexpectedly told a poem about loving someone, its really meaningful guys, i dont think any subber could accurately give justice to that in translating the exact meaning. On their way home, Leah asked Clark how he could pay for all those and he said some Filipinor helped out so she  shnuldnt worry. LEAH falls asleep on his shoulder, Clark tells the driver to drive slowly "coz these moments shouldnt be rushed."Tita Jack and Clark started talking the next day and she revealed to Clark that Jigs will be with her when she goes back to the US and that he's so determined to court Leah again. this causes Clark to smirk and that night, he kept looking at sleeping Leah and thinking about what Tita Jack said.

hew... that's done. sorry guys, i want to be as detailed as possible but i cant. anyway its one of the best episodes so far. just the right mix of fantasy and reality. hehe.. i gotta admit, recapping isnt easy! haha. Goodnight guys!

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 5

ok so this is my first time ever to do the recap and here it goes. the episode starts with Clark asking Leah to go to the Prom with him and she agrees, after shortly returning to their place and giggling like a kid. this is also the first time he called her "Mrs. Leah Medina." while they were inside the limo on their way to the hotel, Leah asks Clark why he's doing this and he said that its the part 2 of their celebration for accomplishing their mission and also since they both havent attended their proms. when they arrived in the hotel, an american butler greeted them and assisted them to the ballroom where Cullen and Leah's friend were also waiting for them. they start talking about Leah's dream about wanting to wear a pretty gown, shoes, tiara and the orchestra. clark said something like "of course, your prince charming. but since he isnt here, then i will be your proxy for tonight." they sat down and started eating and drinking wine and Clark told Leah that he has one more gift for her. it was the wooden box with words written at the top that says "sayo lang ako" (im only yours) and told Leah that if she has any important stuff or valuables, she can keep it there. Leah mumbled, "how? i dont think you can fit inside this box." Clark was a little stunned but he seemed happy about it. Meanwhile, Tita Jacks and Jigs went out to buy pasalubong (food souvenir?). Then Clark told Leah that the night isnt finished yet, he went first and Leah followed him. he started playing the piano and Leah was smiling sweetly. afterwards, Clark approaches her and tells her that he didnt have enough time to learn the piano so that was all he can do. Leah smiles at him and says "Clark. this is simply too much"and hugs him. they both hug each other earnestly. Jigs told  Tita Jack he wants to visit Mang Sol and buy him some food.  while Clark and Leah were dancing, Leah started talking about her ultimate crush when she was in high school and that she wanted to be his date for the prom but since she didnt go, he danced with another girl and eventually became his gf. Leah however realized "now i know why i couldnt go to that prom. because this moment was waititng to happen. even if i had a time machine, i would never change a thing, not this moment, and especially the man who is my promdate now. i know this is only for tonight and tomorrow, things will go back to how it really is but this reality is better than any fantasy." Clark didnt seem to be too talkative in this ep. Meanwhike, Jigs went out to celebrate with his friends, and his "jawline" friend unexpectedly told a poem about loving someone, its really meaningful guys, i dont think any subber could accurately give justice to that in translating the exact meaning. On their way home, Leah asked Clark how he could pay for all those and he said some Filipinor helped out so she  shnuldnt worry. LEAH falls asleep on his shoulder, Clark tells the driver to drive slowly "coz these moments shouldnt be rushed."Tita Jack and Clark started talking the next day and she revealed to Clark that Jigs will be with her when she goes back to the US and that he's so determined to court Leah again. this causes Clark to smirk and that night, he kept looking at sleeping Leah and thinking about what Tita Jack said.

hew... that's done. sorry guys, i want to be as detailed as possible but i cant. anyway its one of the best episodes so far. just the right mix of fantasy and reality. hehe.. i gotta admit, recapping isnt easy! haha. Goodnight guys!

Omo! You did an awesome job! Thank you. Totally squee worthy episode! I'm so happy he called her by her married name. Ek! :wub: And how cute was Leah's comment about Clark not fitting in her box, but implying his importance in her life? What kinds of stuff do you think will she put in her box? If they end up separating, (Noooo!) her ring? Their wedding photographs? I'm very happy that Tita Jack spilt the beans about Jigs coming. At least Clark can up his game...think he'll tell Leah? I really hope that Clark goes all in. Push! Achieve your woman's heart, Clark! 

• Like 3

Omo! You did an awesome job! Thank you. Totally squee worthy episode! I'm so happy he called her by her married name. Ek! :wub: And how cute was Leah's comment about Clark not fitting in her box, but implying his importance in her life? What kinds of stuff do you think will she put in her box? If they end up separating, (Noooo!) her ring? Their wedding photographs? I'm very happy that Tita Jack spilt the beans about Jigs coming. At least Clark can up his game...think he'll tell Leah? I really hope that Clark goes all in. Push! Achieve your woman's heart, Clark! 

iventually they will split out (even if they don't want the circumstances and ppl around them will push them for that step) but I hope just for few episodes! 

I realreally hope the "I love you" from the preview to be taken in serious by Leah . 

• Like 1

@colcolyn1958_stv - Thank you for the episode summary/recap, you did an awesome job !! The struggles of non-speaking tagalog fans, I have no doubts that the poem sounds a million times better within the context of the language, so I can't wait to see how the subs turn out lol.

Honestly I struggled watching the latest episode, ONLY because I have a limit when it comes to cheesy lol. I was covering my face half the time cause it was so mushy and adorable and I can't handle a whole episode of that lol. Clark calls her "Mrs Leah Medina" like are you kidding me ?? & then he made her that treasure chest/box as a gift too. His just so so so sweet and deserves the world. I can't see how Leah can hold on any longer, he really is the perfect man.

I'm sorry I forgot who asked for the pic of Jigs in cleaning uniform but I saw it on tumblr, awhile back. The guy is very much going to be a thorn in our backsides lol. I'm rooting for the show to change his character around and make him more likable, cause if they don't I'm really going to want his character to die off or something (#sorrynotsorry). 

From the pictures of them shooting thus far and fans/co uploading on IG, I see no separation track insight (for now). I'm just hoping that the intimate moments that have been revealed through these uploads is an indicator that they do confess their feelings for one another, cause when I saw the footage of them at the fountain I had expected that but it turned out to be fake.

James Reid all the awards !!

FxNeSUn.jpg

hi onion head  everyone! I just discovered this thread today, and you can't imagine how delighted I am to find out that a thread for #OTWOL exists here in Soompi. Rm4Nb.gif I'm so excited about this!!!

Hi! Welcome! Happy more and more are finding the thread, please do share your thoughts. :lol:

• Like 2

Hello @colcolyn1958_stv - yes, it's hazelnutthursdays. If it's too much to type, H will probably be fine. :)

About the last episode (Ep 33)

The intensity of that performance poetry scene - the way Jigs' friend let it out, I think without hearing or knowing the words, it would be evident in his passionate delivery that it contains some very intense words. But knowing all the meaning behind his words - it really takes the experience higher. He was talking to Jigs, pointedly telling him to forget it. The dramatic irony, which we know, as viewers, is that it is Clark evidencing those actions, a letting go of love.

Especially those last lines: "Mahalin mo siya sa huling pagkakataon. Pagkatapos...bitaw na." (For the first time in a very long time, I'm glad I really took all my language lessons to heart. I appreciate that necessarily evil). I don't think I will ever give justice to translating this, but here goes: Love her for the last time (but the literal translation is closer to: at the last opportunity). And then...let go. I love that it wasn't "let her go," but simply "let go." 

This is a very beautiful series to experience. Seriously. 

• Like 4

Thanks guys. Im happy you appreciated it. Sadly, Im going out tonight with my cousin so i probably cant recap and Ranxie is also unavailable.Huhuhu. Is there another Filipino willing to do the recap tonight? 

I'll try but I really can't promise anything since it'll all depend on my internet connection tonight (and if I don't die from too much feels from this series!)RqRq.gif

hi onion head  everyone! I just discovered this thread today, and you can't imagine how delighted I am to find out that a thread for #OTWOL exists here in Soompi. Rm4Nb.gif I'm so excited about this!!!

Hi! Welcome! Happy more and more are finding the thread, please do share your thoughts. :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome @Jafstar  ^_^

• Like 3

The more the merrier I say, welcome @chroniclurker !   

Don't feel too stressed out guys, whoever is available and has got spare time to fill us in, we don't need an immediate update or anything.

Screen-caps for tonight's episode from Dreamscape #OTWOLComplicated -

The more the merrier I say, welcome @chroniclurker !   

Don't feel too stressed out guys, whoever is available and has got spare time to fill us in, we don't need an immediate update or anything.

Screen-caps for tonight's episode from Dreamscape #OTWOLComplicated -

Hidden Content

Yeah! I second that @KDIK : no one should feel pressure to recap. It's very nice in the first place that people take the time to do so (for free), but it's not a job.  

Ahhh those pictures. (Thank you btw) Ahhh man Clark! That second picture just kills me! His look. Ugh. Drats! I'm gonna be crying, ain't I? (James Reid has great talent to convey pain, sorrow, and longing. It smacks me hard.) Now that he knows that Jigs is coming, he's in a predicament: will he tell Leah? If he really loves her, should not he tell her the impending storm is nearly there? That way she can prepare her heart as well? He'll be trying his best to love her in the now as we see from the pictures, but will he be doing so to just make memories or is he doing so to WIN her heart completely? I really hope he's not gonna let go, but my gut says he's gonna go away to "settle" his feelings, maybe end up visiting his family. Ugh. No, no. I know we're in for conflict, but my heart just wants the sweetness, and it's not prepared to see my OTP apart yet. 

@hazelnutthursdays (btw, I love your screen name. Hazelnut is my favorite coffee creamer. lol) Thank you for the explanation of the poem. Just seeing it RAW...it felt like I was missing out big time. He was intense and earnest! Heh. I hope the translators convey it well.

Looking forward for today's episode.

• Like 1

OH GODDDDDDD!!!! i just got back at my hotel and the first thing i did was watch last night's episode.. btw.thank you so much @colcolyn1958_stv for the recap for yesterday it made my day a while ago while reading it on the bus..

anyways I always say to myself i saw Rico (Jig's friend) somewhere and i thought he was a comedian coz he's hella funny but this episode made me remember where i happened to see him... he is JUAN MIGUEL SEVERO a part of a group of Filipino poets that do the SPOKEN WORD POETRY, this is a spontaneous speaking but its a more dramatic and poetic form just like you witnessed in the show, this kind of new literature is so enriching and amazing at same time since you can feel the poem a little over your bones .. i first saw him in a TV show wherein they have guested and let them perform their masterpieces but he struck me the most because of his heart felt delivery and he was the only one who used our own language and the way he construct and play with the words that made me so teary because of all the feels he was able to shower... and now i have witnessed again another great poem of his that could literally not be translated in English that it wont sound understated. urrggghhh that poem gave me chills!!!! i really want to trans it for you to be able to appreciate too but i cant guarantee i convey it the on the same amount of feels he was able to do.. i'll try tho. aww i'm sorry they are asking me to sleep now coz i have early appointment tomorrow :(

• Like 2

here it is. My attempt at recapping. Please excuse any errors... ;-)

We open with lea's dad complaining abt. the hospital food to Tiffany & Tolayts. Lea comes home and finds her green card in the mail. She calls her sis tiffany to share the good news. Tiff asks what her & clark's plans are now that she already has her green card. Will they now push through w/ their previous divorce plans? Lea goes silent so tiffany confirms her hunch that lea had already fallen in love with clark. T asks if L thinks that their feelings are mutual. L says that's what she wants to think, given everything that C have done for her all this time, but also expresses her concern over her promise to tita jack that she would never fall in love with clark. She admits that she's really having a hard time dealing with her feelings and keeping her promise. Meanwhile, Clark was doing exactly the same thing w/ Cullen. He tells him about jiggs' impending arrival @ sanfo and his (jiggs) plans of pursuing leah again.

Tita jack & jiggs pays lea's father a visit to the hospital. Tatang thanks tita jack for taking good care of lea & jiggs suddenly interjects that it's all because he asked his mom to do it, and swears that he will take care of lea when he gets to SanFo. That solicits a not so amused expression from tolayts (coz he really thinks that jiggs is such an airhead). While Mother & son duo was worrying abt. Tatang's hospital bills they met tatang's doctor who happens to be related to one of tita jack's friend in sanfo. When the doctor left, jiggs asked his mom to call his friend in the US hoping they could use the connection to ask for a discount in the hospital bills of lea's dad. Tita jack seemed reluctant at 1st but eventually obliges to her son's persuasion. 

Lea goes to an interview for an admin staff position. The interviewer likes her positive attitude but says that her lack of experience in the role that she's applying for is a drawback since hiring someone who already has an experience saves the co. training time & costs. He says that they will just give her a call if ever. Dejected, lea goes to see clark in the bar where he is working. She told him how the interview went. Clark, in an effort to cheer her up tries to joke if lea being a mrs pizza mascot doesn't count as an experience necessary for an admin position? After Clark's shift they walk home together. Lea noticed that clark seemed gloomy and asks him why? Clark asks her if she is good at giving advice? Lea reluctantly answers that she'll give it a shot. Clark starts off with the classic line "this is NOT about me, it's about my Friend". He says that this "friend" is in a dilemma because of a promise he made. He continues that that friend had broken the rule by falling in love w/ the girl that he's not suppose to fall in love with, therefore breaking the promise.  He adds that the girl concerned (supposedly) still has no idea about that "friend's" feelings for her. Leah of course realizes that it's their story. Clark asks for her advice/opinion but before she could give any she gets a call from tita jack. 

Tita jack goes to jiggs' room and finds him unpinning photos of him & lea from his board. She asks why he has to take those pics w/ him to sanfo when he's gonna meet lea in person? He says that he has to remind leah of what they used to have in order to persuade her to get back together with him. His mom says that he shld give lea some breathing space, but he gets agitated at that & tells his mom not to meddle with his ways in dealing with leah - coz he claims he knows her better, if not best <duh!>
While Clark was sleeping, leah was on her laptop trying to list down her happy memories with clark. #1 Napa Valley #2 their prom date. 
Next, Clark comes home with a tv in tow. Lea asks why he bought one and he says that before she would always ask for a tv. So she asks again if he bought it for her? He denies it and says he bought it for himself (what a cute dork..) but is willing to share it with her if she shares his fave adobo dish that she had just cooked - she agrees and says that it was actually for him. She took pics of him while eating and she names adobo as her #3 happy memory. After their meal they watch a movie on their new tv and lea was obviously having so much fun. Clark seems having a great time too but more because of lea's laughter. She asks him if there's anything else that he might wanna watch, he answers that he's already enjoying what he's watching atm (that's you lea, in case u don't know). After a while clark falls asleep on lea's shoulder and he starts to murmur: "I Love You", then leah narrates happy memory #4 - I love you, too... 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 4