[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

This show is surely squeezing out our creative juices and analytical skills. Haha. Although i also do agree that the American dream is one of the main themes of this show but i think love is the universal idea. In my case, ive always felt that the mom never stayed in the US for selfish reasons coz its just not in her nature and that something deeper and beyond her control such as amnesia and such, as cliche as it may sound. And even if she did choose to pursue her own self centered goals,
im having a 50/50 guess that her mom's abandonement wont be the only reason for her to throw away everything that she worked hard for in getting her greencard. I mean, it wasnt always just about fulfilling her mom's dream although it was a big part of it, she said it many times that she wants her family to have a good life, she wants to get their house and jeepney back and give them everything. from my how i see Leah, i think she would endure anything maybe even to see or  be reminded her mother who abandoned her just to support her family in the Philippines. maybe she will even work harder to prove to her that she was wrong in leaving them just like Clark. He had those dreams of living the American dream while having a complete family, but his father disowned him and even when he couldve gotten the chance to come home when he became an adult, he stayed in the US despite occasionally meeting the person who rejected him to support his younger siblings. And i have noticed too that despite everyone hating Jigs i feel that he has always been the core character. The conflict always stems from him and love&marriage issues like "Leah is Jigs ex" "Jigs is Clark's cousin" "you cant fall for your cousin's ex" "you cant have a relationship with 2 cousins" "you CANT fall in love" "marriage is sacred". And seeing Jigs to be so consistently determined and wants to possess Leah, i dont see him giving way to Clark and Leah that easily but that he will do everything in his power to separate the two (i think he will always be the MH especially coz he is blood related with Clark and social standing is involved)and i do believe that giving jigs a tourist visa has a purpose: he HAS to come home and leave Clark and Leah back in the US. So if he cant stay there and part them, he will might as well go back to the Ph and tell someone who probably can hurt Leah to take revenge and that's Mang Sol. He has said it many times  "dont fall in love" "marriage is sacred" and although he wants Leah to be happy, i think it will still Anger him if he finds out that Leah married for money. and i think it also serves a purpose that Mang Sol has a heart problem. that's why Tifanny always told Leah they cant tell him yet because of his delicate condition. if Mang Sol finds out (and he inevitably would), there's a big chance that he will get a heart attack or something and if that happens im guessing that Leah will definitely come home to speak to him personally apologize and not just a simple skype call.

anything is possible though, or maybe im wrong too. that's just how i see it. its fun to think that we have different takes on the story knowing that we still have 4 months to go.

You and I are on the same lines of thoughts. From Mom to Jigs to Mang Sol. Nicely said. :)

• Like 1

@bella1025 He's currently a green card holder. He is/has applied for U.S. citizenship, based on the conversation he had with Leah in episode 26, so he would lose his green card and be deported. Now I don't know if there is some kind of loophole for green card holders who've applied for U.S. citizenship to face the fine/imprisonment you posted earlier but as he's not been granted citizenship yet I would imagine it would be the lesser of the two [according to the dialogue it looks like he's just started the process and it can take quite some time before he's granted citizenship].

I never entertained this thought but there could be potential for Clark to leave and go to the Philippines instead, then Leah follows. The show is setting up this furniture venture for a reason, especially this whole import/export conversation that Tita Jack had with Lola and co. "Kapag mahal ka, babalikan ka " regardless of who stays or leaves, one things for sure they'll find their way back to each other.

Yeah, actually i dont think Jigs would be so bad to report Clark and Leah to the authorities coz anyway Clark is his cousin after all and Leah is his ex that he still cares for and if proven that Tita Jack is an accomplice then they might all get into trouble and i hope this doesnt turn out like a real soap opera with all the killings or court proceedings but focus instead on dealing with family both Clark and Leah's part.(but there's also a possibility of Jigs doing that out of impulse and then regretting that after) Atleast i hope not. Id rather he tell Mang Sol so things can be out in the open and although it wont be easy at first but they will eventually make peace with the family and sort things out and hopefully Jigs can find someone else before the show ends. And oh, i wasnt clear but i meant earlier that Leah will come back to the Ph to apologize but she will still go back to the US after that and petition her family or if not, get their house back knowing that giving them a good life is her top priority.

But the phrase, "pag mahal ka babalikan ka" it gives me the feeling that they will still go back HOME like doves that they both like in the show (no matter how far they go and freedom they get,they will still come back to where they come from. Noah's ark anyone? Also Clark and Leah are both from the Ph so it makes sense that its their home?).. I doubt this show is about just promoting the American Dream,(especially when they show in the drama the hardships and loneliness filipinos face abroad) but also of remembering your roots and no matter where you've been and what you've accomplished, you will still find your way back home and the Philippines is the Overseas Filipinos  home and where their families are and their dreams are actually to be with their family. THEY LOVE THEIR FAMILY AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL COME BACK SOMEDAY when their work is done. (i always hear this from my OFW relatives and friends. 10 more years they say, and ill be home)Im getting confused with the ending as well. Haha

• Like 1

- Would anyone be so kind to translate or gives us the general jist of this article please ??

JaDine on viral 'OTWOL' kiss: There's more!

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 09/20/2015 1:15 PM | Updated as of 09/20/2015 1:17 PM

MANILA – “Don't worry, there's more.”

This was the assurance given by “On the Wings of Love” (OTWOL) lead stars James Reid and Nadine Lustre after the series’ Thursday episode which saw their characters sharing several kisses.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Reid said: “There's more scenes that we've already taken that are much more kilig than what we've seen so far. It gets better and better every week.”

Teasing the viewers, Lustre said “OTWOL” fans will finally begin to see her character Leah slowly opening up her feelings for Clark (Reid).

“After po nung kiss na ‘yun [sa ulan], doon na nag-start si Leah na mag-open up na ng feelings niya. Kasi after ng most approved kiss, dineny pa niya ['yung feelings niya for Clark] after. Ito na po yata 'yung start talaga,” she said.

Lustre also explained why she couldn’t stop laughing in an outtake video of the viral kissing scene.

“Kasi every time nag-360-[degree turn] 'yung camera, natatawa ako kasi nakakatawa 'yung cameraman tapos 'yung mga kable. There was also this one time, nung sa wedding, ang laki kasi nung set-up so ang laki ng 360. Tumatakbo sila so nakakatawa. Always natatawa ako kapag ganun po ang set-up,” she said.

Asked how many times they shot the viral kissing scene, Reid said: “We had maybe five different shots and each shot maybe two takes.”

During the September 17 telecast of the primetime series, Leah (Lustre) received news that she had been granted a green card in the United States after immigration authorities decided to honor her marriage with Clark (Reid).

Surprisingly, the two then shared several intimate kisses in front of their neighbors upon hearing the good news.

The scene immediately helped the episode's official hashtag top the worldwide trending topics on social media site Twitter, with many of the series' fans commending the acting of the two actors. The episode garnered over two million mentions on Twitter.

“We owe our fans a lot kasi talagang every night, napapa-trend nila ang ‘OTWOL’ so we are really really happy na ganun po ang suporta nila sa amin,” Lustre said.

Reid said he and Lustre get impressed more and more each day by their fans’ overwhelming support.

Meanwhile, Reid confirmed that they will be joining Vice Ganda and Coco Martin in a big-screen project, which will be an entry to this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).

“I'm very excited actually. This is our first MMFF entry. We are excited. It's my first time to work with Coco but it's not my first time to work with Vice. I've seen the script already, it's so funny,” he said.

@KDIK here's my attempt at a translation. :)

Warning, includes slight spoilers.

“Don't worry, there's more.”

This was the assurance given by “On the Wings of Love” (OTWOL) lead stars James Reid and Nadine Lustre after the series’ Thursday episode which saw their characters sharing several kisses.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Reid said: “There's more scenes that we've already taken that are much more kilig ( = romantic + squee-inducing) than what we've seen so far. It gets better and better every week.”

Teasing the viewers, Lustre said “OTWOL” fans will finally begin to see her character Leah slowly opening up her feelings for Clark (Reid).

“After that kiss [in the rain], that's when Leah started opening up with her feelings. Because after the most approved kiss, she still denied [her feelings for Clark]. I think this is the start (of her admitting her feelings),” she said.

Lustre also explained why she couldn’t stop laughing in an outtake video of the viral kissing scene.

“Everytime the camera made the 360-[degree turn], I felt like laughing because the cameraman and the cables looked funny. There was also this one time, at the wedding, the camera set-up was so big so the 360-degree (circle) was also big. They were running (in a circle) and it was funny. I always feel like laughing with that camera set-up,” she said.

Asked how many times they shot the viral kissing scene, Reid said: “We had maybe five different shots and each shot maybe two takes.”

During the September 17 telecast of the primetime series, Leah (Lustre) received news that she had been granted a green card in the United States after immigration authorities decided to honor her marriage with Clark (Reid).

Surprisingly, the two then shared several intimate kisses in front of their neighbors upon hearing the good news.

The scene immediately helped the episode's official hashtag top the worldwide trending topics on social media site Twitter, with many of the series' fans commending the acting of the two actors. The episode garnered over two million mentions on Twitter.

“We owe our fans a lot because every night really, they make ‘OTWOL’ trend so we are really really happy that they support us that much,” Lustre said.

Reid said he and Lustre get impressed more and more each day by their fans’ overwhelming support.

Meanwhile, Reid confirmed that they will be joining Vice Ganda and Coco Martin in a big-screen project, which will be an entry to this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).

“I'm very excited actually. This is our first MMFF entry. We are excited. It's my first time to work with Coco but it's not my first time to work with Vice. I've seen the script already, it's so funny,” he said.

Edited by Ondine
added translation
  • Like 1

In the BTS video of their kiss, I honestly don't know how they can concentrate keeping their romantic vibe going on when they had the camera panning around them. It seemed rather loud, creaking like a door, slowly...hahah. But then again, come on Nadine! You're kissing James Reid! Keep it together, Girl!! :P 

Thanks for sharing the article @KDIK and for @Ondine translating.

• Like 1

@Ondine - Thank you so much translating the article ! * virtual hug *.

Whenever I see BTS videos of shoots, it brings everything back down to earth lol. It'd be so awkward to do any intimate scenes and having a whole bunch of people around you watching, props to actors who give it their all cause I'd honestly would freeze up (which is why I could never be an actor, among other reasons lol)

Over the weekend they launched the OTWOL Scrapbook and James + Nadine took pics with fans etc (It did really well - 7000 copies sold out, I think). The two also sang too. I really like their version of OTWOL, it's a more mellow/sweet version whilst Kyla's is a strong ballad :-

Today's hastag is #OTWOLSweetestMoment

hi guys..

oh my gosh ..oh my gosh..i just find out about this drama ..and i'm crying and shaking because these two are so adorable and i watched them before in a movie and let me say they're perfect with each other ..i need to watch this drama like RIGHT NOW..

can someone please tell me where i can download this drama in HD or torrent or something..!! i tried youtube but i only found the first 3 episodes..i need them in my life..please  :tears:

• Like 1

Guest lalalala823

I think we're gonna get a day or two full of fluff before jigs and tita jack get back to the states. Please please pretty please give us a day or two. My heart won't take it well if we only get a few scenes after all that push and pull last episode. 

@Shajoona I pm-ed you where you can watch. Enjoy girl!

Hey, I've got a request: would anyone be able and willing to translate just C&L's scenes from episode 30? DC hasn't come out with subs yet and not sure when they will. I really want to know what they said during the campfire and outside the bathroom. 

Or anyone know of a blogger recapping? 

Guest lalalala823

They were talking about how pretty the place was and Leah said she'd love to bring her family to a place like that. Clark asked if he and his siblings could tag along and leah said yes. 

Clark: Then when they're all asleep, we'll go out and look at the stars just like this. I'll bring out my guitar and sing for you. Then I'll look at you just like this...and you'll.look at me just like that...then I'll come closer, and closer, and closer

Leah: then I wouldn't be able to handle it. And then I'll go to the bathroom 

Outside the bathroom Clark was asking Leah what she was doing and Leah said she was just using the bathroom. Then they said this

Clark: I thought you were hiding your feelings

Leah: Do you want to go out and eat? Let's go out if we stay here something might happen between us

Clark: what will happen?

Leah: nothing. Let's just go out if we stay here longer I might fall...fall down the stairs

Excuse me while I'm having a nervous breakdown. Oh gahd that bonfire scene. I was doing some things while watching last friday I'm glad I rewatched that. 

Edited by lalalala823

Hey, I've got a request: would anyone be able and willing to translate just C&L's scenes from episode 30? DC hasn't come out with subs yet and not sure when they will. I really want to know what they said during the campfire and outside the bathroom. 

DC already has the engsub 29-30. but i wonder, no download link.. i tried dramanice, just the same :(

anyone know how to download it? thank you :)

• Like 1

DC already has the engsub 29-30. but i wonder, no download link.. i tried dramanice, just the same :(

anyone know how to download it? thank you :)

Wow! That's awesome! It must have been put up within these last hours cuz I've been checking it religiously. Lol. 

• Like 1

Question : The book that Leah's reading " It Should've Been Us " is that an actual novel or is it made up ??

From my little stint of googling, I came up with no book with that name; though there is a song with that title. Interestingly, the name associated with the book, if I read it correctly, has a Facebook page called "Rielle Ramos", and they are into theater in the Philippines. Coincidence? Perhaps. Or perhaps not. :P

So to answer your Q: I don't think so. Maybe someone else found out more.

Thank you to anyone recapping today. :)

@lalalala823 Earlier, I typed a whole paragraph of thanks & what I liked about your post, but somehow it disappeared. :huh: So thanks for taking that time to rewatch and translate. 

Edited by Jafstar

I'm still very busy so all i can give is an overview.. those who will recap thanks and PUSH!!!!

just an overview... they are still in the "conflicting feelings" stage but fortunately passed the denial stage... even though they admitted among themselves about their true feelings for each other now, due to their promise to Tita Jack and is unsure about what the other might be feeling, they are  still on that state wherein they prohibit themselves from crossing the line.. but Clark is really determined to have her tho... and Leah well ok still trying to hold herself back (aigoo i really want to slap senses unto this girl!)

(he is totally in Carly Jepsen song ryt now

I really really really really really really like you
And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?
And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?

Oh, did I say too much?
I'm so in my head
When we're out of touch
And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?) JUST THE PERFECT SONG FOR CLARKIE RYT NOW!!! ahahaha!!

and Cullen for me shined most in this episode he manifested how good he is as a listening friend to Clark(oh i love this man he is so funneh!).. Leah also admitted to Heather that they are just on a fixed marriage and that she has fallen for Clark already.

Anyways here's a spoiler for the kiss scene

here's the whole of the kissing scene vid but i dont really know if you can see this if you're outside PH

http://entertainment.abs-cbn.com/tv/shows/onthewingsoflove/videos/2015/09/21/9211582-clark-at-leah-nagdampi-ang-mga-labi-sa-ilalim-ng-ulan

Trans of Convo in the rain:

Leah: *rushes to run after the car* Why did you even think about this date Leah! Aish! Now this happened!

Clark: *goes in to cover her* Looking for me?

L: Huh?! No.

C: Why does it look like you're running after someone?

L: Its because I'm going home!

C: Why are you leaving? How about your date? You said billiards is your favorite.

L: Why do ask too much questions?! And you? how about your date? You're already flirting with each other right? You already like each other right?

C: Why do ask too much questions?

L: The way you look at each other a while ago is so sticky that i want to push the two of you! Just continue your date! If you want, ask her to be your girlfriend!!If you want, marry her!

C: Leah!

L: Why are you even here? Why didn't you go with that American girl? Why did you came back?!

C: Because someone told me before "Pag mahal ka babalikan ka."

*le kiss*

*le someone has to ruin ze moment!!*

L: Clark, Let's go home?

C: Ok. Let's go

L: What i mean is back to San Francisco. So we can go back to our work earlier

C: Ok. let's go back get our stuff, and we'll go right away. Let's run.

and I'm afraid what we thought of them finally be getting together is not so much true afterall... based from the preview that date scene had a heartbreaking line from clark when he said "Let's make the most out of it wifey" awww why does it feel like its a goodbye?

• Like 4