Quantcast

[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

here it is. My attempt at recapping. Please excuse any errors... ;-)

We open with lea's dad complaining abt. the hospital food to Tiffany & Tolayts. Lea comes home and finds her green card in the mail. She calls her sis tiffany to share the good news. Tiff asks what her & clark's plans are now that she already has her green card. Will they now push through w/ their previous divorce plans? Lea goes silent so tiffany confirms her hunch that lea had already fallen in love with clark. T asks if L thinks that their feelings are mutual. L says that's what she wants to think, given everything that C have done for her all this time, but also expresses her concern over her promise to tita jack that she would never fall in love with clark. She admits that she's really having a hard time dealing with her feelings and keeping her promise. Meanwhile, Clark was doing exactly the same thing w/ Cullen. He tells him about jiggs' impending arrival @ sanfo and his (jiggs) plans of pursuing leah again.

Tita jack & jiggs pays lea's father a visit to the hospital. Tatang thanks tita jack for taking good care of lea & jiggs suddenly interjects that it's all because he asked his mom to do it, and swears that he will take care of lea when he gets to SanFo. That solicits a not so amused expression from tolayts (coz he really thinks that jiggs is such an airhead). While Mother & son duo was worrying abt. Tatang's hospital bills they met tatang's doctor who happens to be related to one of tita jack's friend in sanfo. When the doctor left, jiggs asked his mom to call his friend in the US hoping they could use the connection to ask for a discount in the hospital bills of lea's dad. Tita jack seemed reluctant at 1st but eventually obliges to her son's persuasion. 

Lea goes to an interview for an admin staff position. The interviewer likes her positive attitude but says that her lack of experience in the role that she's applying for is a drawback since hiring someone who already has an experience saves the co. training time & costs. He says that they will just give her a call if ever. Dejected, lea goes to see clark in the bar where he is working. She told him how the interview went. Clark, in an effort to cheer her up tries to joke if lea being a mrs pizza mascot doesn't count as an experience necessary for an admin position? After Clark's shift they walk home together. Lea noticed that clark seemed gloomy and asks him why? Clark asks her if she is good at giving advice? Lea reluctantly answers that she'll give it a shot. Clark starts off with the classic line "this is NOT about me, it's about my Friend". He says that this "friend" is in a dilemma because of a promise he made. He continues that that friend had broken the rule by falling in love w/ the girl that he's not suppose to fall in love with, therefore breaking the promise.  He adds that the girl concerned (supposedly) still has no idea about that "friend's" feelings for her. Leah of course realizes that it's their story. Clark asks for her advice/opinion but before she could give any she gets a call from tita jack. 

Tita jack goes to jiggs' room and finds him unpinning photos of him & lea from his board. She asks why he has to take those pics w/ him to sanfo when he's gonna meet lea in person? He says that he has to remind leah of what they used to have in order to persuade her to get back together with him. His mom says that he shld give lea some breathing space, but he gets agitated at that & tells his mom not to meddle with his ways in dealing with leah - coz he claims he knows her better, if not best <duh!>
While Clark was sleeping, leah was on her laptop trying to list down her happy memories with clark. #1 Napa Valley #2 their prom date. 
Next, Clark comes home with a tv in tow. Lea asks why he bought one and he says that before she would always ask for a tv. So she asks again if he bought it for her? He denies it and says he bought it for himself (what a cute dork..) but is willing to share it with her if she shares his fave adobo dish that she had just cooked - she agrees and says that it was actually for him. She took pics of him while eating and she names adobo as her #3 happy memory. After their meal they watch a movie on their new tv and lea was obviously having so much fun. Clark seems having a great time too but more because of lea's laughter. She asks him if there's anything else that he might wanna watch, he answers that he's already enjoying what he's watching atm (that's you lea, in case u don't know). After a while clark falls asleep on lea's shoulder and he starts to murmur: "I Love You", then leah narrates happy memory #4 - I love you, too... 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you sooumuch! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leah Olivar (Nadine Lustre) is a young woman who wants nothing but to go to America so she can help her family. While Clark Medina (James Reid) is a young man living in America who wants to give his s

They're cute 

They say, "Love is like a bird." If you set it free, it will fly wherever it wants. While it's flying, it might find a new love. A new love that will join the flight. Low or high... Fast or slow...

@chroniclurker Thank you so much! Beautiful recap!

So now that Jigs told Tatang that he's coming to SanF, won't Tiff or even Tatang mention that to Leah? Didn't Jigs want to surprise Leah? Lol. He got too excited trying to impress his "future father-in-law". Heh. I had Tolayts same expression when I heard Jigs speak. 

Loved the parts about Clark's "friend", and the tv watching scene. So cute! Eeek! My heart is starting to crumble though. Such bitter sweet moments, knowing that it's gonna be short lived, is heart-hurting.

Seems like Jigs' friend did another poem. Rhyming on spot, that's amazing!

Overall it was a sweet episode but you can't help and wait for the other shoe to drop and things spiral out of control [of the two love birds].

As much as I dislike Jigs and his wanton disregard for Leah's feelings I think he's needed. The relationship between Leah & Clark has been too easy [they just simply fell into the roles as a couple], so Jigs being that PITB character is going to make them work/fight for their relationship. Given this is supposed to be a long and drawn out series [someone correct me here] Jigs introducing conflict, not necessarily doubt, which will facilitate some kind of separation [due to their promise, etc.]. We've all kind of alluded to this by now so we just have to wait and see which one eventually caves to their emotions and goes running like a madman to the other. 

I suppose if we've sorted Jigs, Clark & Leah out [no where near completely] within the next several episodes/weeks how are they planning showing Leah's father's recovery ... OK not really something I'm looking forward to admittedly but more to see how well Tiffany & Tolayts get on [I think I'm the only one to really bring these two up so far]. Heck as far fetched as it might be Cullen & Leah's co-worker too 

Guest lalalala823

The preview showed Jigs coming to America. He even suggested that he should marry leah to get his own green card IN FRONT OF CLARK!! He was saying that they could breakup already in front of leah and clark. **long sigh

I wish they could bring the poet friend along! I love his sudden outbursts of poetry :D

Sample of the poem made by Rico! Thank u chroniclurker! It was a great recap!

By the way, guys i have a question. Can Leah and Clark actually divorce now? Isnt it that ther's a law for new greencard holders who got theirs thru marriage that they have to wait for 2 years before getting a divorce like the couple who got married earlier? Coz it would really seem suspicious in the eyes of the authorities if they get a divorce immidiately after Leah gets the greencard, and they've been married for just a couple of months. I believe that they are still under the observation of immigration most especially since they had a lot of issues before like intimacy or Leah not knowing about Clark's dad in the previous eps.

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 2

The preview showed Jigs coming to America. He even suggested that he should marry leah to get his own green card IN FRONT OF CLARK!! He was saying that they could breakup already in front of leah and clark. **long sigh

I wish they could bring the poet friend along! I love his sudden outbursts of poetry :D

For real?! Whut a nut. Jigs' is just one track minded: Leah! The government would totally think something fishy is going on. Jigs is truly gonna be a pain. Ugh. And I have to say: I really hated how he told his Mom to have their contact in America use her familal influence to get financial help for his "future father-in-law". (Don't even get me started on that line either.) Ugh. I cannot even. Now he'll probably use that against Leah to get what he wants. (He's not yet in America and I'm already fuming. Lol) I do have a thought: now that she has her Green card, can it be reevaluated and revoked? It just seemed like getting her card was too easy. I do remember that someone here so kindly looked up information on greencards: how to get one, marriage fraud, etc, but I don't remember if afterwards they could be checked up on. It'd be great if Clark and Leah cannot get divorced for like 2 years or more because of the greencard.

Literally my face EVERYTIME Jigs pops up -

tumblr_myalt1CsxD1rqyx6io1_250.gif

I honestly can't stand this character, people are like you shouldn't hate him & I'm side eyeing you lol . The guy is so self-centered and in his own world, he really is an obsessive lover type, the ones you'd warn your friends against. I just want him to hurry up and face the harsh reality that will be awaiting him in the States & I hope the trio don't cater to his every whim for too long cause he really needs a wake-up call ASAP !.

Leah & Clark can't get divorced so quick, that just signals alarm bells. I don't see it happening anytime soon, just them holding back I guess. I'm dying to see what the breaking point will be where they confess their feelings for each other, also when Jigs will finally give up and move on. Also what's happening with the second female lead, she made a sudden appearance and then disappeared, I actually liked her from that one scene lol. (I hope she's the opposite of Jigs)

@chroniclurker - Thank you for the recap !! You did a stellar job.

Guest lalalala823

For real?! Whut a nut. Jigs' is just one track minded: Leah! The government would totally think something fishy is going on. Jigs is truly gonna be a pain. Ugh. And I have to say: I really hated how he told his Mom to have their contact in America use her familal influence to get financial help for his "future father-in-law". (Don't even get me started on that line either.) Ugh. I cannot even. Now he'll probably use that against Leah to get what he wants. (He's not yet in America and I'm already fuming. Lol) I do have a thought: now that she has her Green card, can it be reevaluated and revoked? It just seemed like getting her card was too easy. I do remember that someone here so kindly looked up information on greencards: how to get one, marriage fraud, etc, but I don't remember if afterwards they could be checked up on. It'd be great if Clark and Leah cannot get divorced for like 2 years or more because of the greencard.

Yeah! He said it while they were all eating with a big smile on his face. Ugh. I hope he gets deported (JK, maybe) I really don't like his character. If I were leah I'd just say straight up "back off psycho richard simmons" and file a restraining order LOL. But I'm not so we have to sit through leah being too nice to jigs. 

Guest leira_777

This is too painful! :tears:

http://youtu.be/uxx-t9889JE

I don't think Jigs said he'd marry Leah to get his own green card. It was cut in the teaser but I think he meant that if his citizenship petition by his mom goes through, Leah could marry him so Leah could be a citizen. But it's too lofty of him to say that in front of his ex gf who already told him she doesn't want to get back with him. Tsk tsk. You're making yourself more unlovable to Leah, Jigs. Don't wait for her feelings towards you to turn into hate. 

I feel bad for always asking but if anyone has time could you please give us the jist of what the director is saying in this clip, besides talking about James & Nadine I'm assuming she talks about the show as well ? -

(I really enjoyed her film That Thing Called Tadhana, it gave me the My Sassy Girl vibes. Still need to check out her other work too especially The Breakup Playlist.)

Guest lalalala823

I feel bad for always asking but if anyone has time could you please give us the jist of what the director is saying in this clip, besides talking about James & Nadine I'm assuming she talks about the show as well ? -

(I really enjoyed her film That Thing Called Tadhana, it gave me the My Sassy Girl vibes. Still need to check out her other work too especially The Breakup Playlist.)

you watched that thing called tadhana too? I was about to shamelessly promote it here LOL. It was one of the best romance movie O watched. 

Btw, I'll try to post trans later (if there aren't any yet)

Guest leira_777

She was asked what she thinks made the show a hit?

First of all, I think it's really Jadine (James & Nadine). I feel if it was another 'love team' (showbiz couple), it wouldn't have been as big as a hit. It helped that they have never appeared on any TV drama. So, they're fresh faces. When they appeared on TV, people wondered, "Who are these two? Why are they given a show/drama?"  

Second, their chemistry is built-in. You don't have to direct them in showing the kilig. You just need to tell them what you want to happen like -- "James, I want you to be here and hold her hand". Then they're the ones who take care of the timing, getting the right moment... What's good about them is that they came from doing movies. So they know very well when is the correct timing or moment to exact/bring out that kilig. When we shoot the scenes, our pacing is like that of movies'. If they don't feel like saying the romantic lines, they don't. I always tell them, "Don't say your lines unless you feel like it. Don't get pressured just because the camera starts rolling."  I believe the kilig moments are not hurried nor calculated because that's where magic comes in. Just go with whatever you feel (so it's more natural). When it's more heartfelt, it's more magical. Anyway, we have 2 cameras and whatever actions or emotions you show, it will definitely be captured by the cameras.

This director also said in another interview that she thinks why the 2 actors have such great chemistry is because they really are not romantically together unlike other Philippine showbiz couples. So there's the thrill of saying romantic lines or showing romantic gestures to their on-screen partner for the first time. The twinkles in their eyes over the excitement of saying the romantic lines are genuine. Unlike if the couple has been dating, they have done those privately and there's no more excitement.

@colcolyn1958_stv Thanks for sharing. Nice interpretion of the poem. What a beautiful way to express first loves, heartaches, and to find peace for ones' selves. Also, I didn't get to read your comment about divorce until after I posted. Great minds think alike :D See? No divorce, it won't happen! Logically speaking, a divorce can take a lonnnnng time to settle so let's hope they exercise their rights and stay hitched! :P Please?

@leira_777 That's very interesting what the director said about why she thinks their chemistry works. Thank you for translating. I'd love to go into more depth about what I appreciated about the show, but my head tells me to put my cell down and go to bed. :sweatingbullets: Cannot wait for Friday's episode. Everyone enjoy!

@lalalala823 - You'd be surprised with the amount of Filipino movies I've seen lol. It was actually Gulong Ng Palad & Sa Piling Mo, along with Full House that introduced me to drama's from Asia.

@leira_777 - Thank you so much for the translating that clip. Whenever I become obsessed with a show, I always want to know all the details from BTS. I find it fascinating hearing things like this from the creators themselves & it's an interesting perception to make on why their tandem has such strong chemistry. I've watched an interview of theirs (James + Nadine) with Pep (I think that's what it was called lol) and even they couldn't pinpoint what it was that clicked with them on-screen.

Question : Does anyone know why Antoinette chose James + Nadine to be the leads for this show, besides them being fresh faces ?. Also if people have any other tidbits about the show please do share ! lol

Screen-caps for today's episode from Dreamscape #OTWOLDistance -

Jafstar, funny how we both asked the same question without even knowing! I really wish that they never get divorced!! By the way, i have been seeing this picture popping up in the OTWOL behind the scene posts. they look more matured and Leah looks more sophisticated. Can this possibly be them a few years after divorce in the future episodes?. I hope not... huhu. Maybe im just wrong.

Edited by colcolyn1958_stv
  • Like 1

KDIK- i remember Jadaone saying that she watched Diary ng Panget and she really liked it. she even thought that they were dating in real life but she only found out that they were just friends during the workshop. ABS CBN  already gave the roles to Jadine prior to offering it to Jadaone and she said the top 3 reasons that she agreed to do the project is that 1) its Jadine's first teleserye 2) its shot in Sanfo (most of her movies explore beautiful places like Baguio and Batanes) 3)its a romantic comedy. She said that she told herself before that she will never do TV coz she's more used to movies (she said in an interview that she has fetish for eye candy scenes and unique camera angles and executions which are heavily influenced by her years of movie experience as a PA.) I think she has great potential in making world class shows and movies. I think she will be better than her mentor Joyce Bernal or even Cathy Molina.

• Like 2

Jafstar, funny how we both asked the same question without even knowing! I really wish that they never get divorced!! By the way, i have been seeing this picture popping up in the OTWOL behind the scene posts. they look more matured and Leah looks more sophisticated. Can this possibly be them a few years after divorce in the future episodes?. I hope not... huhu. Maybe im just wrong.

@colcolyn1958_stv - I believe this shot was taken behind-the-scenes of one of James and Nadine's endorsements. It isn't for "On the Wings of Love."

Re: Jigs

I rather think our dislike of him is pretty universal. But I probably vary from most people in the degree. In the earlier episodes, when every one was really irritated with him for being such a hot-tempered spoiled brat, he has become, to me, at least, a sort-of caricature character. His bad temper was so bad that we couldn't see him anything else. But in the later episodes, we see him humanized a bit more, specially in that touching scene where Grandma Pachang cried thinking of Jigs' imminent departure. Jigs' brother and sister also said some good things about him. 

I don't remember who asked in this thread, about Tiffany and Tolayts not spilling the beans on Jigs' going to San Francisco - I'm sure with his big mouth and air head, he has already commanded Leah's family not to tell Leah about this surprise. 

That said, I still really dislike him. But I am also looking forward how he will change Leah and Clark's relationship.

Re: Mang Sol's doctor and the relative that Jack knows in San Francisco

Russell - his name is Russell. And. Really something clicked right away in my brain. That's the husband in the wedding anniversary that Clark and Leah attended in the episode shown in earlier weeks. The one where Leah got drunk. I can't think of it right now and don't know if this will impact more than just Leah's family getting their discount on Mang Sol's doctor's professional fees. No biggie if it's just this little tidbit, but it would also be interesting if it does.

:)

• Like 1

Hazel, thanks for that. I was really curious coz i keep seeing tha  in insta with the #OTWOL hashtag. Gosh! Please no divorce until the end! Im okay with them temporarily separating to find themselves and know how much they value each other, but still remain married. Although i would like it more if they dont break up at all just like Healer!

• Like 1