[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Please edit your post. We've been warned many times by the mods to not post rumored endings unless they're in spoiler tags. If you wish to discuss rumored endings, then please comply with Soompi rules. It is unfair to others if you cannot abide by these rules. No one wants the forum be shut down. Thank you. 

13 hours ago, destiana said:
Spoiler

i heard from ig had posting news about dots ending that ysj will die and kmy as a teacher in a rural. according to mv always there's scene in early minute that an army uniform with a green banded *sorry if im mistake* just put on the bed seems i think its like at home *from the background* as if an herritage. 

i also have some feeling about ending story. one of dots bts *sory i forget which one bcoz of many* there's scene that sdy n ysj walking under umbrella while its raining. it looks like sdy memories about ysj after sdy realize ysj's hand touch his arm and suddenly look at ysj is beside him as if ysj still with him and that scene also weird, ysj wears casual but sdy wears formal suit and the background like after funeral....

so,we have to prepare some tissue for next 2 week! 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kukukkya said:

hii @angieknows_11 im so sorry im not read about that post. really dont know about spoiler rules. should i del it? or what?

but many thanks for complaining me.

Hi @kukukkya. No need to delete it at all ... just put them in spoiler tags please :) I'm not sure if you know how, but you just do it this way (without the spaces in the brackets, though):

[ spoiler ] Your spoiler here [ /spoiler ]

Edit

You're awesome @kukukkya! Thank you for editing :) 

• Like 6

Guest AlexMao

Has there been any speculations regarding Lee Chi Hoon (Onew) and Jang Hee Eun (Jo Woo Ri) yet? From what I'm seeing Chi Hoon needs to overcome his fear and do something fast before he becomes more of a liability to the rest of the medical staff. I mean he needs a real kick in the butt and I really don't think Hee Eun can fiy to Urk and kick some sense into him given her condition.

7 minutes ago, angieknows_11 said:

Hi @kukukkya. No need to delete it at all ... just put them in spoiler tags please :) I'm not sure if you know how, but you just do it this way (without the spaces in the brackets, though):

[ spoiler ] Your spoiler here [ /spoiler ]

you may look my post before, its that okay? wahh sory for everyone.i still really dont know.

• Like 6

gOC7eZv.gif

=====================

C-udiences Spot Potential Ending Spoiler in Early Scene in Descendants of the Sun

Spoiler

Posted on March 29, 2016 by ockoala

poasl.jpg

Leave it to eagle eyed Chinese drama fans to spot a potential spoiler in a tiny frame in what felt like a cute but throwaway scene in Descendants of the Sun. The popularity of this drama in China, and in Korea as well as many other Asian countries, means any little thing makes the news, but a potential hint as to the ending direction is totally worth sharing even if it doesn’t happen. This one is pretty believable, but if there are any doctors reading my bloggie please feel free to weigh in.

DotS finished filming at the end of last year is a pre-produced drama with an ending already set, or might be set depending on whether the production chose to film multiple endings just to have the flexibility. C-dramas doe that a lot to fit into the pre-produced mold but retain the power to pick an ending after gauging audience feedback during the airing. I know what ending would make me happy, and it involves a certain flirty captain getting everything he wants and then some. I’ll save the potential spoiler for after the jump for those not adverse to peeking at hints.

opoc.jpg

C-viewers are claiming that the scene where Mo Yeon stares moony-eyed at Shi Jin’s chest x-ray contains a huge spoiler – in the x-ray his heart apparently is tilting to the right side of the body in a condition called Dextrocardia, as opposed to the normal tilting to the left. If that’s true then it’s possible that Shi Jin may survive a gunshot wound to the left side of chest that others may see as a critical wound. This spoiler may dovetail with the earlier one that Shi Jin dies, maybe Shi Jin is mortally wounded and ought to die if he were an average person, but with Dextrocardia he miraculously survives and gets his happy ending with Mo Yeon. It’s a good catch from the C-fans and one that would make me happy even if this twist is fairly easy to predict.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/03/29/c-audiences-spot-potential-ending-spoiler-in-early-scene-in-descendants-of-the-sun/#more-73939

========

By Kim Da-hee

KBS2 TV's mega-hit drama "Descendants of the Sun," the first Korean series being aired simultaneously in Korea and China, offers subtly different scenes in the Chinese version.

The 16-episode drama, starring Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, was completed before broadcast began, partly with a Chinese company's investment. The drama airs on the Korean broadcaster and Chinese online video platform iQiyi.

During the review process in China, which has strict rules on broadcasting foreign dramas, some scenes, including a military confrontation between South Korean and North Korean soldiers, were deleted or altered.

A fight between South Korean and North Korean soldiers in the first episode and the scene where Song, a doctor from Doctors Without Borders, treats a Chinese soldier, are not in the Chinese version.

"Some scenes, including a military confrontation between the South and North Korean soldiers, were changed by censorship," an official at Music & New, a distribution company for the music from the drama, said.

The drama has been watched more than 440 million times on the Chinese platform. 

Koreatimes

• Like 24

17 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

Well it's Wednesday tomorrow :D I'm starting a prayer circle for the terrace kiss this week. Let us celebrate!

You have no idea how much I NEED that terrace kiss. When was it released, late Jan - early Feb? It's been sooooo long

• Like 13

13 hours ago, kukukkya said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Please stop with YSJ die or someone die at the end...... He even spotted at Ittaewon yesterday.. Shopping so he surely not die at DOTS.... 

Just enjoy the ride..... Don't think about die.... Its not fun

Edited by Tinkiebell
Discussions about rumored ending should be done inside the spoiler tags.
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Jafstar said:

Please edit your post. We've been warned many times by the mods to not post rumored endings unless they're in spoiler tags. If you wish to discuss rumored endings, then please comply with Soompi rules. It is unfair to others if you cannot abide by these rules. No one wants the forum be shut down. Thank you. 

Spoiler

You got you're point there! Maybe it's true that's why the KBS added 2 episode. But maybe that memories comes to SDY when YSJ is on the dead bed or OR or maybe missing in action and presumed dead. But if he died lots of fans will get furious especially in Korea whom lots of ajummas mothers send thier sons to Militray service, as far as I know Korea promotes patriotism and yeah military service so if they killed YSJ's character what do you think will happened to that, ugh

I'm delusional I need to go to a Rehabilitaion Centre I'm supposed to do my thesis and loads of report and I'm here lurking...

Spoiler

If ever they killed one of the lead especially YSJ or KMY I might really go to rehab :tears:

Edited by Tinkiebell
Discussions about rumored ending should be done inside the spoiler tags.
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, miss sojisub said:

@gilaswan found it .... Episode 3 when YSJ brought KMY to Daniel shop for the first time to use their wifi so KMY can pay her building deposit for her new clinic. YSJ said that Daniel is banned for entering our country

Now you *have* to wonder why, and also how come YSJ seems ok with it and trusts Daniel. YSJ, for his carefree demeanour, is actually a very cautious person. You can tell. He might have had good memories with Argus, but the moment he saw him on the other side, he immediately had his guard up.

• Like 7

Ok ok I know we have this kind of unspoken rule to not talk about characters dying, but anyone else got the awful feeling dr Song might die this week?

They're all focusing on YMJ right now, who has the virus. But when dr Song was explaining this to YSJ and SDY, he was coughing and didn't seem well. They might be too focused at the medicube to notice something might happen to him. Then there's his "secret folder" on his laptop, which also seemed a little foreshadowing :( Hope I'm wrong (psh I've literally been wrong in all my storyline predictions so far)

• Like 5

Hi guys just wanted to express myself :)

I am not a particular fan of dramas. I do watch them but not all the time, my mom is more of a k-drama fan. Most of the time I would watch one drama and halfway I would drop it and just skip to the ending lol. 

The main reason why I paid attention to this drama was because of my bias Onew. It's his first drama so naturally I was super excited. I waited for a whole year for this! 

And now damn, I am stuck with the DoTS syndrome; I watch all the episodes and I hardly skip any scenes(except for the baddies hah) because its all so interesting to me. Pretty sad that we only have two weeks left (not including the special eps). Even my cousin can't wait for Wednesdays and Thursdays :) And she is the one who usually watches a drama after it ends :P I am so glad that this drama is popular and well-loved. It was worth the wait! <3 

• Like 7

Sigh...I would really like to see this thread focusing on discussing the good things and not speculating about who is dying this week who is dying next week. Life is hard as it is, let's escape to DOTs fantasyland which brings many of us happiness 2x a week :)

• Like 18