[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

48 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

However, they did not seem to be besties yet. Then we also know that Dae-young was in the Alpha Team together with Shi-jin while he was a Lieutenant. Of course this doesn't necessarily mean they were anything other than comrades. 

ARGH! I find this so confusing, I need information now! :tears:

Aha, this is the one when the team came to rescue YSJ and Capt. Argus, right.  On first watch I didn't realise that SDY was also there rescuing him. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Aha, this is the one when the team came to rescue YSJ and Capt. Argus, right.  On first watch I didn't realise that SDY was also there rescuing him. 

Yeah, and since we know that sadly the former captain of the Alpha Team was killed, I fear that's when Shi-jin got promoted to captain himself and was put in charge of Alpha Team, thus becoming Dae-young's Company Commander. 

My own personal theory right now is that the whole incident which kicked off their friendship was when Dae-young went to tell Shi-jin that he was dating Myeong-joo. Since Shi-jin and Dae-young were already comrades having been in at least one mission together, I daresay that Shi-jin probably found it amusing that his former drill instructor, who was now under his command, was dating the girl he was supposed to (but had zero intentions of) marry and, this renewed interest made him want to hang out with the stoic sergeant. And we all know that when it comes to Shi-jin, resistance is futile. 

What I don't really know is how Shi-jin and Myeong-joo became as close as siblings. Perhaps they bonded over the fact that neither of them wanted to marry each other? Or maybe it was just a by-product of Shi-jin and Dae-young becoming BFFs?

• Like 16

2 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

Yeah, and since we know that sadly the former captain of the Alpha Team was killed, I fear that's when Shi-jin got promoted to captain himself and was put in charge of Alpha Team, thus becoming Dae-young's Company Commander. 

My own personal theory right now is that the whole incident which kicked off their friendship was when Dae-young went to tell Shi-jin that he was dating Myeong-joo. Since Shi-jin and Dae-young were already comrades having been in at least one mission together, I daresay that Shi-jin probably found it amusing that his former drill instructor, who was now under his command, was dating the girl he was supposed to (but had zero intentions of) marry and, this renewed interest made him want to hang out with the stoic sergeant. And we all know that when it comes to Shi-jin, resistance is futile. 

What I don't really know is how Shi-jin and Myeong-joo became as close as siblings. Perhaps they bonded over the fact that neither of them wanted to marry each other? Or maybe it was just a by-product of Shi-jin and Dae-young becoming BFFs?

I've the impression that YSJ and YMJ must have known each other from their childhood. The fact she considers herself as sister-in-law, when she mentions KMY implies that she sees herself as his sister. YSJ's father seems to know YMJ's father pretty well. Yoon even met him in order to inform him about his son.

I don't think that Argus was that close to YSJ because the latter had no idea what Argus had become.

@AhphengThanks for mentioning me so that I don't miss your C-strips. This thread is definitely moving so fast!!

• Like 11

56 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

Expecting bed scene is too much...... :sweatingbullets:

but...........

after soooooooooooo many memorable kisses and lipstick wreck.....

can i have wedding scene????? Please :wub:

For now .. I won't ask for more .. one kiss scene .. very very long ones .. with mutiple shots ... top arial view .. left camera .right . pan in zoom out in ..  2 minutes would be asking too much so I settle for 1 and half min .. 90 sec ..  real smoochin .. and throw in a few bear hugs .. and oh oh .. some holding hands .. and and ... that sweet tooth smile of Joonki loking lovingly at SHK...   

That's heaven already... 

We talk about bedscene later later

• Like 18

its great that KBS release BTS of DoTs from time to time , I thought we have to wait for the Directors cut DVD copy with BTS/NG ! just love to see how they filmed , they look more relax and comfortable , its definitely a  happy atmosphere for DoTs filming!

ed97c81bjw1f25oqd8244j21hc0u045e.jpg

ed97c81bjw1f25oq0kkp3j21hc0u0th5.jpg

6afb0f0cjw1f25kqyx1ksj20v20hftbm.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f25oqfebswj21hc0u0n5y.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f25oqbauctj21hc0u0dol.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f25oq3io8uj21hc0u047j.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f25opwg0opj21hc0u0aj0.jpg

• Like 21

In the media: Descendants of the Sun

Article: Song Joong Ki, total worth skyrockets with 'Sun'... 'billion won per CF' star

Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate

1. [+315, -11] I wonder what he did in his previous life that he ended up this lucky... he's making money that the rest of us couldn't even dream of unless winning the lottery

2. [+272, -22] So famous for never getting into scandals and being an all around good person! Handsome face, good actor, good person, already served in the army, there's no way but up from here! ^^

3. [+206, -8] How lucky

4. [+21, -4] This pisses me off~ I get that we're a capitalist economy but come on~~~~~~~

5. [+16, -4] If only I was born with a handsome face like him... ㅠ.ㅠ

6. [+14, -0] Don't people think celebrities get paid way too much for CFs compared to the average wage?

7. [+12, -3] Jealous of the CEO who has Song Joong Ki and Park Bogum...

8. [+12, -2] I'll buy whatever make up CF he's in, his skin is so clean for a man ㅎㅎ~

-

Article: Who will be China's Song Joong Ki? 'Descendants of the Sun' in discussion for Chinese remake

Source: Starin via Nate

1. [+296, -6] Regrets of the Sun

2. [+264, -6] Not really feeling the remake since it won't have Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Gyo, Jin Goo, and Kim Jiwon... ㅎㅎㅎ

3. [+250, -6] I can't even think of a Chinese actor who'd be a fit for Song Joong Ki's role

4. [+8, -0] It'd be hilarious if Yoo Seung Joon was cast ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+6, -0] Don't do it... just watch the Korean version with subtitles

-

Article: 'Descendants of the Sun' Jin Goo, "I feel like I've been reborn with my increase in female fans"

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+232, -9] He has every right to enjoy himself right now

2. [+189, -4] ㅋㅋㅋ He said he accepted the casting for the drama because he heard Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Gyo were going to be in it ㅋㅋㅋ and that he started Instagram to get a feel for his newfound popularity ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ how adorable of him

3. [+132, -9] I didn't know that you could swear as cool as he did ㅋㅋ

4. [+19, -1] As someone who's been his fan for a while, I always thought he had bad luck when it came to dramas for how talented he is so I'm happy to see him making it now

5. [+16, -0] His original fans know how sexy he's always been ㅎ
  • Like 16

12 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

For now .. I won't ask for more .. one kiss scene .. very very long ones .. with mutiple shots ... top arial view .. left camera .right . pan in zoom out in ..  2 minutes would be asking too much so I settle for 1 and half min .. 90 sec ..  real smoochin .. and throw in a few bear hugs .. and oh oh .. some holding hands .. and and ... that sweet tooth smile of Joonki loking lovingly at SHK...   

That's heaven already... 

your wish indeed.. very very simple. you are totally didn't ask too much

may k-drama god granted your simple wish :blush::heart:

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

That's heaven already... 

Omo eonnie.... 

I'm drooling already:w00t:

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I've the impression that YSJ and YMJ must have known each other from their childhood. The fact she considers herself as sister-in-law, when she mentions KMY implies that she sees herself as his sister. YSJ's father seems to know YMJ's pretty well. Yoon even met him in order to inform him about his son.

I don't think that Argus was that close to YSJ because the latter had no idea what Argus had become.

I thought so too but then the way she spoke about him to Dae-young gave the vibe she didn't know him all that well. But she might have been pretending not to in order not to raise too many questions from Dae-young...it does make sense (and in fact I did post many pages ago a theory where Shi-jin's dad had been Myeong-joo's dad drill instructor back at the MA) but even if this wasn't true, it is obvious that the two men have known each other for long enough to warrant a personal audience with the Special Forces CO to inform him about Shi-jin's well being (and impending nuptials!) 

This is in fact something that does confuse me, also because Shi-jin told Mo-yeon that he and Myeong-joo had attended MA but he was so vague about it that it could really be the case that Shi-jin and Myeong-joo did in fact know each other since childhood. It could a the very least explain their really tight sibling-like bond. Not to mention their horror about being pushed into marriage...I would totally freak out if anyone told me I had to marry the man I see as my older brother! 

• Like 5