[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

5 hours ago, strngrinkr said:

I say this because whenever I see a topic accusing the drama of being unrealistic and lacks logic, the most common answer is: "SJK's face is the logic itself. What more do you need?" :lol:

Huahuahuahuahua this is hillarious but also very true :lol:

• Like 3

okay....now officially wednesday in korea right?????its already past midnight there...though in my place still 2 hours again to past midnight....

finally.....wednesday is coming......the waiting will be over in less than 24 hours.....counting down the hours start!!!!!!!!

we are almost survive troopers.....sigh i must do homework again in soompi *backreading start*

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, viyra said:

Not just SHK but her character as well is being criticized.  I hope people try to understand KMY character; although there is no doubt she has feelings for YSJ, she tries her very best to avoid a relationship with him - she worry so much of his line of work.  She may either have him or lose him - in the long run.

This time it has nothing to do with her character. :) It's normal to say they don't like SHK, but to mention it a few times?

Tbh, I can understand if some people still find it hard to like Kang Mo Yeon. There are also times when I feel like Mo Yeon should be more understanding but she is a character with flaws. That's why she seems more realistic. I don't mind that..she has her own reasons why she keeps rejecting YSJ. But not for long I guess... :D

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

This time it has nothing to do with her character. :) It's normal to say they don't like SHK, but to mention it a few times?

Tbh, I can understand if some people still find it hard to like Kang Mo Yeon. There are also times when I feel like Mo Yeon should be more understanding but she is a character with flaws. That's why she seems more realistic. I don't mind that..she has her own reasons why she keeps rejecting YSJ. But not for long I guess... :D

Seriously, it gets hard to ignore the constant digs at SHK. 

I just realised SJ starts admiring MY's sense of patriotic duty on the very first day. She stands up to him at the hospital because she thinks he's some gang leader looking to settle a score with poor Kimbum. So when SJ answers her question at the restaurant in Uruk isn't he basically telling her that even her actions on that day show her "patriotic sense of duty" or "love for the nation".

• Like 23

Honestly after episode 4 I fell asleep watching this drama, so boringgggg

The story line was just so plain nothing much. It is just a story of soldier admiring a female doctor but this female doctor is just too afraid to accept because soldier job is just too dangerous, whatever.  

Until episode 6, still the same not much development and it will drag to the end until this female doctor accept the love of soldier..end of story :w00t: no other exciting scene..plain..plain. so just skip .. skip

I think the reason most of us watching because of Jong Ki...so i rest my case.

anyone familiar with this caption??

Untitled-7_1.jpg

Spoiler

yess... you are right that's our captain line..

just finish watching TROS, i found things that i LOL-ing so much. Even there we can find another DOTS scene.

oo my god DOTS really something :D, their comparison just to cute

Untitled-4.jpg

• Like 19

Normally, I have this habit of liking the first male lead, disliking the second one or admiring the second male lead, hating the first one. But in DotS, I'm liking every character including the supporting ones. 

@joongkyo Yes, visually..the casting team did an awesome job. Most of the time, I feel like I'm watching CFs lol.

Jin Goo-ah, we need pics too. You don't want us to just imagine about your trip, do you? :D

• Like 16

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSMw8d7QiFVIVBfFe1bfJ  

I think,Dr.kang's mobile set just like a Tubelight! :w00t: it's seems,after fall from high peak it's become more usefull,that's why it's make sound with more wave! :D 

wowaaah....what a mobile set! you are really great creation of science! 

• Like 12

Am a silent lurker....just wanna say that this drama make my life upside down...my eyes already like panda due to much repeating earlier episode.....and left me breathless every week....am Dots trash...

I like the pace so far...YSJ n KMY are mature couple and both are team leader...and similar background not from cheabol family....and both have brain (I wonder how genius is their child iwill be:phew:)...I have trust in them...:heart:

• Like 19

2 hours ago, sunflower91_ said:

1 more sleep to go  for episode 9 ! love to see these scenes , after the tragedy here comes more of  YSJ and KMY sweet moments  

That second gif is beautiful!! No where to run!! hahaha!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

If you can, watch the latest episode of Entertainment Weekly. They dedicated an entire 8 mins to Dots. There was an interesting segment where they pointed out where the mistakes were. One of which is the CPR scene where he pressed on her neck area instead of the chest (although we know that it wasn't the only mistake *wink*). The commentator was saying "next time go for the chest!" Lol!!

I've watched it but no english subtitle so i don't really understand it...I'm waiting for the subs. It looks funny :D...

Anyway, i'm really excited for tomorrows' episode... anyone know where is the best site/link to watch it streaming? Please let me know :) 

• Like 4

This is just my 0,02$:

I'm all for constructive discussion regarding the characters of the drama. They are not real people (no matter how much we'd like some of them to be) so it's fine if we don't agree with certain things they do or certain aspects of their personality. Again, I think that if we keep it civil it can be an enormous amount of fun and an enriching experience for us all.

That said, I would really prefer it if we kept talking about the actors who play these fascinating characters to the bare minimum. First of all, there are specific threads dedicated solely to the actors themselves where one can fangirl/boy about them as much as they want and even point things out they don't like about them as long as they do it in a constructive way and they stick to facts and not just groundless rumours.

Secondly, I personally find it disturbing when I have to read gossip about them since I've always been someone who really does not care about what celebrities do in their own private time...since it's, well, PRIVATE. As long as Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki and the rest of the cast (and crew) are healthy and happy doing their job, that's all I care about. Everything else, IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. 

• Like 20

Just wanna share a funny observation before saying good night from my part of the world. :D

I was reading through some articles that mentioned DotS is THE drama after Winter Sonata that's taking the world by storm. At that, I realised there are similarities between DotS and Winter Sonata in terms of the leading characters' names. 

1. For Winter Sonata, the female lead's name was Jung Yoo Jin. And the male lead had an infamous way of calling her "Yoo Jin-ah" in his deep voice (to which many around me mimicked during that time, hahaha). For DotS, its Yoo Shi Jin - where a different syllable is inserted in between. 

2. For Winter Sonata again, the male lead's surname was Kang (for Kang Jun Sang) while for DotS, Mo Yeon shares that similar surname Kang (for Kang Mo Yeon).

This got me wondering on whether this is entirely a coincidence or was it planned. If by coincidence, then Hallyu influence seem to have connections with the names that have syllables of Yoo, Jin and Kang. Hahahahah.

Pardon me if this sounded too far fetched or ridiculous. They are my little attempts at surviving the wait for next ep~~~~ huwaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

• Like 6