[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 minutes ago, allievera said:

I thought she didn't know him personally. When MJ asked DY to pretend to be her bf she didn't know who SJ was except that he was her senior at military academy and she didn't like his looks. If he was a childhood friend wouldn't she ask for his help there is no reason to involve DY. It's more likely he made a name for himself during his academy days and her dad saw his potential. That's why he turned down DY since he wasn't general material. It seems like MJ and SJ got closer done the line when DY started dating for real. SJ wouldn't know that details of their relationship unless MJ and DY told him.

MJ's dad wants SJ as a son-in-law and this political marriage would make things easier for SJ with his career since he doesn't have connections. I wouldn't be surprised if he had SJ transferred to make SJ and MJ happen. He's done it before to keep DY and MJ apart. MJ's dad knows how his daughter feels, but we haven't seen him approach SJ directly (even though SJ is aware of his intentions). It's interesting we haven't been shown that conversation yet. The man seems dead set on SJ but so far it seems like he's told everyone except SJ lol. Maybe we'll get it in a flashback in the future.

I got the same vibe between the dads it seemed like SJ's dad was dealing with a superior rather than a friend. That scene when the president told him it's up to him if he wanted to promote or punish SJ. He looked conflicted did he punish him because he was trying to teach him a lesson to become a better solider or was it something else?

Your observation about the conversation between the fathers is correct. It didn't feel like a chat between two friends.

But I do feel that YMJ must have known YSJ for a while, because they would be no reason for her to act like a sister, even if she got to know YSJ through SDY.

Besides, even if she knew him from the past, it doesn't mean that she could expect help from him as  it very often happens that you lose your friend out of sight after while. It did happen to me... after 22 years, I met a friend again.

So imagine, he enters her life again at the military academy, but not knowing about his real intentions, she doesn't wait for that. She wants to put an end before YSJ might decide to marry that's why she would ask someone. She knows her father pretty well and if he has decided something, he won't change his mind so easily. She knew her father has set his eyes on YSJ. That was enough for her. But I agree. This is only a speculation from me and you might be right as well.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, plappi said:

Yoo Ah In to make a cameo appearance in ‘Descendants of the Sun’

Song Hye Kyo, Yoo Ah In and Kim Ji Won

The rumours of Yoo Ah In to make a cameo appearance had spread around since the shooting of ‘Descendants of the Sun‘. Many viewers started to guess what role will Yoo Ah In play in ‘Descendants of the Sun‘. 

EP1- Hyun Jyu Ni (starred by Pyo Jisoo) and Kang Mo Yeon (starred by Song Hye Kyo) having conversation at hospital

Do you still remember the scene when Kang Mo Yeon are having conversation with her bestie, Hyun Jyu Ni at hospital? Their conversation is about Yoon Myeong Joo and they mentioned ‘Is she the best face Yoon Myeong Joo, who stole your one-sided crushsunbae (senior)?

http://kpopfighting.com/

if i'm not mistaken in prev info fr k-site (there's soompi too) his role as a bank teller? maybe he's the one that served or just help KMY abt to fund her own clinic. idk but i'm so excited abt what kind of interactions.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/18/yoo-ah-in-reveals-why-he-made-a-cameo-appearance-on-descendants-of-the-sun/

• Like 10

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Your observation about the conversation between the fathers is correct. It didn't feel like a chat between two friends.

But I do feel that YMJ must have known YSJ for a while, because they would be no reason for her to act like a sister, even if she got to know YSJ through SDY.

Besides, even if she knew him from the past, it doesn't mean that she could expect help from him as  it very often happens that you lose your friend out of sight after while. It did happen to me... after 22 years, I met a friend again.

So imagine, he enters her life again at the military academy, but not knowing about his real intentions, she doesn't wait for that. She wants to put an end before YSJ might decide to marry that's why she would ask someone. She knows her father pretty well and if he has decided something, he won't change his mind so easily. She knew her father has set his eyes on YSJ. That was enough for her. But I agree. This is only a speculation from me and you might be right as well.

The confusion goes on - especially when YSJ said to YMJ - 'you're lucky, if it weren't for me,  I could have married you already.'  Seems like a mutual dislike.  SDY seems aware too that YSJ is who the commander had his eyes set to marry his daughter because he answered YMJ without hesitation when she asked him about the person who her dad has chosen for her.

BTW - regarding soldiers not allowed to wear fancy accessories on them while in uniform and jogging half-naked to be quite funny, I guess that is quite untrue - variety show Real Men portrays exactly that.  Amber fell in love with the drill Sergeant wearing sunglasses-and soldiers were actually jogging in snow half-naked.  SJK wearing those sunglasses, to me, was the biggest selling factor - he did look manly- he would look like a young kid in uniform without the shades -my opinion.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, farah85 said:

Hi all,

I hope one of the cast appear on guerilla date.. last time oh my venus.. they got so ji sub.. if sjk did guerilla date.. omoo.. the whole street will totally shut down n will may cause a riot:D

they did a guerrilla date (star date) with joong ki a long time ago near a women's university and they have to abandon the street walk and has to ust film ide a café because there is just too much crown hahahaha.....

oraemanida... chingus.......guys you are really too fast... mor ethan a hundre pages since my last log in waaahhh... I wont be able to back read and comment on posts as much as I want to hehehehe.. but oh yes it Wednesday now in korea... though it is still Tuesday evening in this part of the world.  but nonetheless, we are nearing dots.. just over 12 hrs and we will see the much awaited post-recorded confession meeting ahahaha... his cheeky smile still plays on my mind and oh man it makes me flutter still.... hayyy the heart of an ahjumma in trouble!!!! captain yoo.... pease take responsibility of this poor heart of mine!!!!!!!

as much as I'm exited for Wednesday to come... I'm a bit sad because I wont be able to stream live because f some appointment.. so at this early, I am already thaning the recappers, screencappers, videocappers who will help me get through tomorrow!!!! and I'm soo anticipating the lipstick tasting... hmm should I look into laneige now??? hahahahahaha  and the swoon worthy smile of yoo jin and the priceless reaction of dr kang if they meet ahahahaha....

awww I'm already having a flutter here just the thoughts of it.... love love love this drama.... and I love joong ki to the moon and back!!hahaha

• Like 12

@farah85

I prefer proper interviews to guerrilla dates. I saw the one @maplekistMentioned and it was mad! Like a fish market! All I could hear was women screaming and they were always interrupted by fans wanting a picture or to touch him. Didn't get much thoughtful answers.

However, I do hope SJK goes back to Running Man soon, and with SHK best! We are bound to get lots of teasing there :)

• Like 14

to all DOTS CHINGU who make this thread always on fire....thanks for all the photos.....article about this drama.....and all your insight....you've shared....

today is the D-day.....i cant wait the reaction of KMY after accidentally on air what she truly feel on SJ...and all the people who heard it....i think there will be a lot of teasing from them:D

were already in ep.8 hoping to see our OTP's relationship materialized and PD-NIM can we have passionate kiss now:blush: 

• Like 13

Fever over S. Korea’s hit TV drama gets attention of China’s military

sun2.jpg

BEIJING (Yonhap) — The growing popularity of a South Korean hit TV drama in China garnered unexpected attention on Tuesday from China’s official military newspaper, which described the TV soap opera as “a piece of great advertisement for conscription.”

“Descendants of the Sun,” the story of a romance between a chic-looking Army captain and a female doctor in the fictional war-torn country named Uruk, has been aired in both South Korea and China since late last month.

The TV soap opera hit a cumulative 1 billion searches on IQiyi.com Inc., the video-streaming website of Baidu, China’s top search engine.

The Chinese military newspaper, the People’s Liberation Army Daily, called the TV drama a “good example for military-themed dramas and movies.”

The drama “effectively delivers the national culture of Korea (to viewers) and vividly describes the image of the Korean soldiers,” it said. The paper then said that China too needs to take note of excellent actors and actress being fostered by South Korea’s entertainment industry.

It said the runaway success of the drama could inspire and act as a warning to do better for Chinese filmmakers.

Since it was first aired on Feb. 24 in both South Korea and China, the 16-episode TV series has been gaining huge popularity in the two nations as well as other Asian countries, including Japan, Singapore and Malaysia.

cr: koreatimes

nice article. :)

• Like 17

@farah85 that will be fun to watch but i have to agree with @Ohsh i prefer a proper interview, i saw the the one that @maplekist mentioned, The crowd was crazy. And i watch the recent one with PHJ after CITT and the crowd even carizier. They have to stop filming and moving a couple of times. Can you imagine what if SJK or SHK are they guest?? They won't need a bodyguard anymore. They will need a real soldiers to rescue them. :lol:

• Like 13

7 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

@RadEchiZen Totally agree with you. I love KMY's character here..the way she carefully considers everything before accepting YSJ. Glad that KES decided not to make her a weak leading lady who needs to be saved by her boyfriend all the time. She has her own principles and she can totally survive with or without him (although I secretly wish for some moments where she becomes completely dependent on YSJ.. :D)

It's also a relief that DotS is a pre-produced drama so no matter what fans want, they don't have to feel pressured to change the plot midway. 

As a fan of SHK, that is my first fear when I heard she'd star in a KES drama..I've seen Heirs and I hate it how the female lead always cry. I've seen Secret Garden and at first Gil Ra Im was an independent woman until she fell in love with the male lead. Weak girl just dont exist in this modern times and so far I'm loving her character. She got that spunk and she doesnt bow down easily on SJ..Let the boy work hard for your heart. The girl can decide on her own and she got that fiesty attitude so better not mess with her.I'd say, You go girl!!

Pretty sure she will reciprocate SJ's love when she accepts it so hold your horses dear. She's just a girl wanting to be sure and you know how we all have that meticulous attitude..

Finally!!!!It's D-Day!!!Good job on staying sane while waiting..See you guys later...:)

• Like 22

It's D-DAY!!!!! Can't wait. Who's watching this episode live?? I am!!

We should have a fb or kakao group when the ep is live on air. 

By the way did anyone see the latest Happy Together show? Cha Tae Hyun was mentioning about how he was out drinking with his wife, when a friend called him saying that he was with Song Joong Ki and if they can join them. And then Cha Tae Hyun's wife was like omg should I put makeup on (in front of her husband) - lawl, I cracked up. "Yoo dae nim!!!"

• Like 9

At this time tomorrow, we will have seen Episode 9 and will be waiting for Episode 10. Im predicting that the thread will go over 600 pages after tomorrow. Looking forward to it!! Cant wait for tomorrow!! :wub:

• Like 11