[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

13 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

Oh! I like this game! :w00t:

Mine:

>>>>> Babycakes to Big Boss: The Chinese Government has named you Person of Mass Destruction. Happy now? OVER.

I want to play too

>>>Blackranger to Big Boss: Please don't stop killing fangirls with your smile. Over

another one

>>>Blackranger to Wolf: just kiss the girl already. huft dapdaphae. Over

• Like 11

I like this show very much but once i never understand about dr.Kang shoes style..........when she at Seol its oke she used high heel,when she at the airport and that top gun scene she used that sport shoes......why didnt she use high heel in an airport??but...............when she at the medicub and go to the internet corner she even used high heel so in that beautiful beach......but that something enjoyable to watch her shoes collection :))

• Like 7

@ ck1Oz: Hey :) Even if it is DOTS forum, we are entiled to point out what we think are not OK.

I don't really fancy shirtless or sunglass scenes, to be honest :lol::lol: I pay very close attention to voice, facial expression and eye gaze instead. Without over-the-top scenes, DOTS is still great for me.

DOTS has a lot of flaws, yes. I only disagree with a lot of people who think DOTS is shallow and commercial. It is much more than that.

I must admit that I don't really pay attention to goofs in the drama. Because I pay more attention to acting, scenery and camera angles than the set-up, costumes (though I have to say I am very impressed with the helicopter scene by the end of episode 1 and the scene where SJ, DY and some other soliders getting off the helicopter). I didn't realize a lot of goofs until people point out as I really know nothing about medical or army fields. Somehow, I just accept that DOTS is a fantasy and there are things that are alright in that dramaland. Maybe because of that mindset, I don't even think about goofs and accept the drama's flaws and strengths as it is.

I believe that it should be perfectly fine to point out flaws of the drama, ask for opinion and probably have a good laugh over them :)

• Like 22

I know that this comment will get a lot of flags if soompi did not change their rating system …

Most of you know how much I love DOTS .. it’s in my blood … I don’t watch any other drama right now cause nothing come close DOTs level (to me) .. but this does not mean I don’t have complain…

Plis plis excuse my english typo and all the flaws

Like in my earlier post – I wonder where are the other nations? Why only Korea … if the earthquake scale was as big as it was I believe there will be more than one country helping out. It’s a bit uncomfortable to watch that other country turned a blind eye except for Korea … (anyway thank you @yumiko_hitoshi:D for) explaining .. but still not good enuff hehehe)

Another scene that kept bothering me – Our Captain pulled out his gun and shot a couple of bullet in public just to confirm his suspicion. Can a peacecorp soldier do that?

There is actually not much story … each character’s plight was not showed in detail … except for two main OTP … and we can see that for the past 4 episodes it revolves on these extra characters which actually don’t have big impact to the overall story .. (in term of story flow) .. it’s just a ‘one’ time character which have no connection at all later part in the drama …

So the two main story – is just DY/MJ and SJ/MY – which actually not strong enough … can be solved in just 4 to 6 episodes … no conflict no suspense … no back story .. nothing! ..

So .. what make DOTS appeal to most viewer in Korea (those that like watching TV anyway) … Some will say – nahhhhhhh .. it’s JoongKi star power .. others will say nahhhhhhh… it’s  SHK star power …

Well I think ALL (MOST) OF KDRAMA .. would have MAJOR HUNKs and MAJOR CHICKs with much much more entertaining plot .. so why the extra rating for DOTS?

What’s make it special? Why the rave? … Why I can’t watch any other drama right now (I’ve been enjoying KDrama more than a decade, not that I didn’t try).

You know to be able to sustain almost 30% rating (in current situation – 2016) .. this is phenomenal … what more with very simple plot – boy meet girl fall in love girl have a tough time accepting the guy’s job … simple .. no suspense .. no gripping heart wrecking tale … so what’s make it special?

I salute KES to be able to pull this off … I can’t quite pin point what’s the extra X-Factor .. is it the location (but by the 6th ep we should be tired of the same ruin/same road/ same beach and almost same sunset we’ve seen in the episodes – so it’s no longer ‘fresh’) ..

Is it .. SJK? SHK? ………

Is it the flirty lines .. the gazed ..  the raw emotions I see in both SJK and SHK, the sincerity I saw in their character that whenever I watch them I think this is real ..  .. can this be the reasons? ..

I think this is the most important aspect in a melo/romance drama .. THE CHEMISTRY must be genuine .. the feel must be genuine so that .. whatever their actions it is believable …

You not like – Haiyo .. I don’t see that passion in your eyes .. you emotion look so fake how can you say yo love her … haiya ….. that kind of feeling .. when the OTP look so ‘not right for each other’

It’s not so much of a plot … story .. neither the location .. (both of them can be in the store room for all I care and they both would still appeal to me) …

It’s the way the drama make us feel … That’s feel .. that make believe it’s real feel .. that can make us forget all the flaws … the warts .. and all we see is the beauty ..

This is what all Producer wants ….

The X-Factor that made a drama successful (even with the most ridiculous plot ever)….

• Like 19

@ck1Oz I remember you from Pride and Prejudice forum! Please do continue commenting, I remember loving your few posts there. I don't know why snark is frowned upon here. Some well intentioned one should be ok. I love this show but I can also snark about it once in a while

• Like 6

20160321_Luhan-Angelababy.jpg?resize=660

Luhan And Angelababy Transform Into Yoo Shi Jin In ‘Descendants of the Sun’

By Thuy Duong | March 21, 2016

Chinese stars Luhan and Angelababy showed their love for Korean hit drama ‘Descendants of the Sun.’

It seems that ‘Descendants of the Sun’ fever is currently not only stealing fans’ hearts but also the celebrities’ ones. The members of Chinese TV show Hurry Up, Brother, including Luhan and Angelababy, are not exceptions.

Photos of the two artists dressing up as Descendants of the Sun’s male lead Yoo Shi Jin were posted on the program’s official Weibo account. In the pictures, Luhan and Angelababy captivate fans with their cool soldier-like look in an army uniform and a pair of sunglasses.

Angelababy even expressed her love for the drama by writing some famous lines of Yoo in the drama, adding: “I’m in love with this drama!”

http://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/luhan-and-angelababy-transform-into-yoo-shi-jin-in-descendants-of-the-sun/

12328040_1688781671394556_848456867_n.jp

cr as labelled

• Like 13