[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

At 0:24, I just noticed there's a rock on the surface of the water so if the car went straight down, it would have hit that rock.

Someone here has mentioned that KMY's father was a soldier, is it true? Because in early episode, she seemed not understand about soldier's rank.

I have been a silent lurker from page 1, I really love this drama. Pardon my poor english...

Have a blessed Palm Sunday, everyone...

• Like 13

On 13.3.2016 at 1:42 PM, utkim said:

The news said Dots hit the record in China since MLFAS

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0104_201603132122346485

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/03/13/0200000000AKR20160313061300083.HTML?input=1195m

DON'T QUOTE PICUTRES; GIFS OR VIDEOS!

Congratulations to Dots. I last stop here, wanted to post, but got problem sending. And now it was like 20 to 30 pages back. Thanks all for your awesome posts n imagination. Dots get me on my toes too. I don't visit forum for drama, because of DoTs and SHK, I have to follow up. I am so additive now despite my busy schedule. I visit all her 3 forums, haha.

I still think she will play to distant herself from YSJ even though her confessions has been broadcasted. She is a strong lady. I believe she still pursuing her dreams and goal. Don't forget, she climbed hard to get to this level, but disappointed because she couldn't get her Professor Title. And YSJ career might not be what she wants despite she likes him, not LOVE yet, haha.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GinaSingapore said:

Congratulations to Dots. I last stop here, wanted to post, but got problem sending. And now it was like 20 to 30 pages back. Thanks all for your awesome posts n imagination. Dots get me on my toes too. I don't visit forum for drama, because of DoTs and SHK, I have to follow up. I am so additive now despite my busy schedule. I visit all her 3 forums, haha.

I still think she will play to distant herself from YSJ even though her confessions has been broadcasted. She is a strong lady. I believe she still pursuing her dreams and goal. Don't forget, she climbed hard to get to this level, but disappointed because she couldn't get her Professor Title. And YSJ career might not be what she wants despite she likes him, not LOVE yet, haha.

First, she got her Professor title thanks to the broadcast! That's why she became the doctor for VIP and the other professor got jealous!

Then I disagree with your comment.

She has realised something due to the earthquake. She was reminded of her oath and that's her true personality. To me, she has changed. In the sake of a career and ambition, she lost herself. That's why YSJ fell in love with her in the first place: he was attracted by her, but he also admired her dedication for her patients. She tried to "protect" the thief no matter what.

Still after failing three times for that professor title and losing her pride (she went to the broaddcast), she turned into an ambitious doctor who had lost her values in the process (that's why she was a doctor for VIP, she testified illness when there was nothing aso). But now she will focus more on the patients and she has found her conscience again. It was YSJ who reminded her about it! 

• Like 21

Who else (beside) me thought there's actually two things she confessed in her recording.

1. Her feelings on YSJ... of course.

2. Along the line of 'If I had known I would die like this, I should have lived my life the way I wanted.'

In other clip I watched, the line was translated as 'If I had known I would die like this, I would not work as hard to be a professor'.

I was wondering which one was the correct one, because if the second translated line was accurate, it brings a lot of different meaning about her wanting to be a professor.

And about her father is a soldier himself, I tend to disagree... it just doesn't add up. I would elaborate more if I got time later this evening. :P

• Like 17

1 hour ago, angela0612 said:

Hello everyone! First time posting here. I was able to finish watching the 8 episodes yesterday. And here I thought I'll be able to curb my kdrama addiction now. I'm so wrong! I can't help but watch the episodes over and over again. Great actors. Heart-fluttering script. :heart:

Awesome chemistry between the OTP. A must-watch!

Hi there! Good to know u love it too. Just wondering. Whos that fine man in ur profile and what drama or movie? Im trying to find something to survive on in between wednesdays. Lol

• Like 4

I'm not sure if her father was a soldier,  or if he had some other dangerous job, but I do think there is some backstory in her past to explain her behavior.  She hates the rigid rules of the military, as if she's been a victim of them before or some other rules. There there is her thinking SJ only kills people to save others when she met him, meaning she has a low opinion of soldiers.  She also obviously hates dangerous jobs, and there is no mention of her father when she gives her "last words" to her mother.  We know SJ's past and have met his family, but we haven't met hers and don't know anything much about her past. Does she feel all the negative emotion about danger simply because she's a doctor who values life and has too much experience with death?  I guess it's possible, but I still think there is a bigger story here. 

There are things like she doesn't know much about the military and doesn't know rank, but imo if she disliked everything about his job I could see her not bothering to care to learn about it. 

@imjagulagula  I don't think they'll  be too tired for that.  If SJ gets the chance... he'll go for a  bed scene 100% :P  There's already some foreshadowing to baby making by someone in this show... lol 

• Like 23

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, in epi 8, is the scene with Chi Hoon and Kang Min Jae (Mr. Ko's nephew) in the medicube only his imagination? at first he was inside the room but the next second he's in front of him and confront him how he has abandoned his patient. After that MY came as if  no one was there with Chi Hoon, and the young man was inside the room again asking for Mr. Ko to the other patient. Poor Dr.Chi Hoon, he blame himself. Onew is getting better and beter in his acting :D

• Like 7

let sharing here.

what are the reason someone should watching this drama.

to me

1. of course because the handsome captain Song Joong Ki.haha

2. Chemistry between song-song couple is great

3. well written scripts and production. thanks to kim eun sook the writer of this drama

4.. awesome OST, The ost song really suitable with the scene and mood of the drama

5. bromance between song jong ki and jin goo

anything else chingu?

http://zafirahoney.blogspot.my/2016/03/review-reason-why-you-should-watch.html

• Like 10

Other thing I just understand after re-watching, I think I am really slow, LOL. When SJ and DY were inside the almost collapse building to save Mr. ko's nephew, DY said they need another hydrolic pump and someone should get out to take one, implying to SJ. But SJ asked DY to get out instead. Only now I understand, it's not that he's avoiding the hard work to go through the narrow passage, it's bcos the building can collapse anytime soon, he just wanted DY to get out in case something will happen. That's what I think about this scene, I can be wrong though. anyway, I just love their bromance. I love all their scenes together.

• Like 18

19 minutes ago, melissala said:

I'm not sure if her father was a soldier,  or if he had some other dangerous job, but I do think there is some backstory in her past to explain her behavior.  She hates the rigid rules of the military, as if she's been a victim of them before or some other rules. There there is her thinking SJ only kills people to save others when she met him, meaning she has a low opinion of soldiers.  She also obviously hates dangerous jobs, and there is no mention of her father when she gives her "last words" to her mother.  We know SJ's past and have met his family, but we haven't met hers and don't know anything much about her past. Does she feel all the negative emotion about danger simply because she's a doctor who values life and has too much experience with death?  I guess it's possible, but I still think there is a bigger story here. 

There are things like she doesn't know much about the military and doesn't know rank, but imo if she disliked everything about his job I could see her not bothering to care to learn about it. 

I agree with you on this. There must some reason to Mo Yeon's apprehension to dating a soldier. And as much as I welcome the theory that maybe Mo Yeon's father was a soldier or a higher up who died or whatnot, and I surmise it is highly possible, I hope this is not the case. I would like it if there was some reason other than anything connected to the military, as it would be too much of a coincidence, for my taste. Any reason that might have crushed her soul at one point in her life that made her put up walls. I do hope Mo Yeon has a back story. Please, the drama is already half way. We know very little about her past, and that is why there are those who are having a hard time identifying with her, or are getting impatient with how she responds to Si Jin. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jinkx0820 said:

Hello again everyone!!!

You, guys, are really fast, we now have 10,000 plus replies.... Good job everyone! :thumbsup:

Most of us here are now claiming this drama has ruined our routines, well count me in with that too! 

Now that the supposed last words our good Doctor Kang Mo Yeon for Captain Yoo Si Jin has accidentally went public via PA system of which she even revealed that she's been kissed my an awesome man, let's expect a change in atmosphere at Mowuro Company and Medicube...hehehe...

In Medicube, however, I do not expect much change since the doctors are already sensible enough to sense that there maybe something going on between their team leader and the Captain. They even started teasing KMY and YSJ at the end of their staff meeting at Episode 5.

As to the other soldiers, oh well, except for YMJ and SDY, I do expect a change of treatment for KMY from the other soldiers now that they know that she'd been kissed by their Captain...

BTW, about that scene in Episode 8, when KMY was translating in Korean the English names of the medicines in the first aid kit, I think her true intention is for the circumstance that what if YSJ becomes a casualty that needs to be rescued and someone there with him do not how to read English to administer first aid. Her eyes indicates that she worries so much of him every time he's out of her sight. In fact, in Episode 7, when he approached her and called her name in an outdoor operation she was doing with YMJ, her instant reply that made YMJ turn her head was, 'Are you hurt?"...

Anyway, it's been a while since I last felt this feeling of being tortured while waiting for the next episode of a drama. Thank you DotS for letting me feel that feeling again after a while.

@jinkx0820 good thing you pointed this one out...I have the same thought...also if I may add, she told him to contact me once you get the vitals of the patient...its a way of telling him to let me know you're doing fine out there, and when SJ told her that he will talk to her in English when he gets back, its like his reassurance that yes, I got your message, I know what you mean, I will take care of myself and be back in one piece. This is what I love about this two...they say different things but they know what it truly means to one another.

• Like 24