[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@twtwb i feel you and fighting! thanks for saying this!

The quality of the drama and your posts make the drama and this thread a part of my daily life these days. I keep rewatching the aired episodes, listening to the drama osts, looking for news and reviews on the drama, and of course, visiting this thread every hour. The first thing I do after waking up is to check this thread. The last thing I do everyday before sleeping is to check this thread and think of the memorable scenes in "Descendants of the Sun". Sometimes I find it hard to sleep, what I do is to open this thread and read your comments.

its exactly what i do. however i might be out of action from tomorrow. work full steam ahead!

this caught my eye while staring at the top of the screen: A love story between Captain Yoo Shi Jin, who belongs to the UN peacekeeping troops, and Army Doctor Kang Mo Yeon.

Is MY an army doctor? She is a volunteer doctor right? Is this like her future job? she will follow YSJ wherever the army goes? heehee.

• Like 13

Hello again everyone!!!

You, guys, are really fast, we now have 10,000 plus replies.... Good job everyone! :thumbsup:

Most of us here are now claiming this drama has ruined our routines, well count me in with that too! 

Now that the supposed last words our good Doctor Kang Mo Yeon for Captain Yoo Si Jin has accidentally went public via PA system of which she even revealed that she's been kissed my an awesome man, let's expect a change in atmosphere at Mowuro Company and Medicube...hehehe...

In Medicube, however, I do not expect much change since the doctors are already sensible enough to sense that there maybe something going on between their team leader and the Captain. They even started teasing KMY and YSJ at the end of their staff meeting at Episode 5.

As to the other soldiers, oh well, except for YMJ and SDY, I do expect a change of treatment for KMY from the other soldiers now that they know that she'd been kissed by their Captain...

BTW, about that scene in Episode 8, when KMY was translating in Korean the English names of the medicines in the first aid kit, I think her true intention is for the circumstance that what if YSJ becomes a casualty that needs to be rescued and someone there with him do not how to read English to administer first aid. Her eyes indicates that she worries so much of him every time he's out of her sight. In fact, in Episode 7, when he approached her and called her name in an outdoor operation she was doing with YMJ, her instant reply that made YMJ turn her head was, 'Are you hurt?"...

Anyway, it's been a while since I last felt this feeling of being tortured while waiting for the next episode of a drama. Thank you DotS for letting me feel that feeling again after a while.

• Like 23

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But she won't act like before that's what I have been trying to say.

You're right. She will not act like before. But I do not think that she will have no adverse reaction at all. I think she will, but this time it will not last long.

• Like 3

@kikirs To me, this drama isn't just about YSJ and KMY ending up together. First, I am hoping that it will also show the problems they have to face together. So ending up together shouldn't happen in the last episode but before. I really enjoyed DOTS because it showed how our OTP was facing real problems from the start. Her reasons for rejecting him were understandable. First the being together was difficult... and now, I am expecting staying together will be also difficult.

Besides this drama is interesting to me because it shows the life of UN-soldiers and doctors living in countries devastated by wars or natural disasters. IT's a pity to reduce it to the romance. The writer uses the romance to show the real work of the UN which is really honorable. The soldiers aren't fighting for their country but for the UN in the end hence you see a British soldier burried next to a Chinese soldier. I was really moved by it. This drama made me realise the good work the UN is doing, despite being criticised by many people. UN-power is so limited because of national interests of powerful countries. Yet, the work of UN shouldn't be reduced to nothing.  

• Like 19

I think the good news is that after the earthquake the soldiers will have much more respect for her skills and dedication as a doctor so they won't really show her any disrespect. Even the sergeant Choi who disliked her before. In fact maybe they will treat her like an elder sister-in-law or the "wife" of the boss.  Her staff will probably tease her as a friend which is still ok. Just that the news would likely travel back to SK hospital so She can't go back anymore. But since she had already decided to resign I guess no real harm. So all's good! 

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@kikirs To me, this drama isn't just about YSJ and KMY ending up together. First, I am hoping that it will also show the problems they have to face together. So ending up together shouldn't happen in the last episode but before. I really enjoyed DOTS because it showed how our OTP was facing real problems from the start. Her reasons for rejecting him were understandable. First the being together was difficult... and now, I am expecting staying together will be also difficult.

Besides this drama is interesting to me because it shows the life of UN-soldiers and doctors living in countried devastated by wars or natural disasters. IT's a pity to reduce it to the romance. The writer uses the romance to show the real work of the UN which is really honorable. The soldiers aren't fighting for their country but for the UN in the end hence you see a British soldier burried next to a Chinese soldier. I was really moved by it. This drama made me realise the good work the UN is doing, despite being criticised by many people. UN-power is so limited because of national interests of powerful countries. Yet, the work of UN shouldn't be reduced to nothing.  

"First the being together was difficult... and now, I am expecting staying together will be also difficult." I totally agree with you.

"this drama is interesting to me because it shows the life of UN-soldiers and doctors living in countried devastated by wars or natural disasters" it is interesting for me too.

"IT's a pity to reduce it to the romance" I don`t reduce it. This drama belongs in the romance-melodrama category as I have read.

"UN-power is so limited because of national interests of powerful countries" that`s so true!!

Thank you for this interesting conversation! I am glad meeting you here!

• Like 9

Big thank you to all the contributors of this thread. It's been too long since I've last stalked a Kdrama thread on Soompi. I have been counting on you all to feed my withdrawal... Wednesday seriously seem so near yet so far... LOL

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Besides this drama is interesting to me because it shows the life of UN-soldiers and doctors living in countries devastated by wars or natural disasters. IT's a pity to reduce it to the romance. The writer uses the romance to show the real work of the UN which is really honorable. The soldiers aren't fighting for their country but for the UN in the end hence you see a British soldier burried next to a Chinese soldier. I was really moved by it. This drama made me realise the good work the UN is doing, despite being criticised by many people. UN-power is so limited because of national interests of powerful countries. Yet, the work of UN shouldn't be reduced to nothing.  

I'm with you on this one. I'm guessing, the later half of the show will be about SJ-MY trying to stay together in the middle of conflicts and problems coming from third parties.

But this time, i have a feeling that MY will be the stronger rock in the relationship. 

Three more sleeps, troopers! 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, szemunn said:

Big thank you to all the contributors of this thread. It's been too long since I've last stalked a Kdrama thread on Soompi. I have been counting on you all to feed my withdrawal... Wednesday seriously seem so near yet so far... LOL

hello! high five! my last heavy stalking was 2009 boys over flowers. 

Some bromance:

tumblr_o3yrfh93y41tge5x3o6_250.gif

wonder whether the reflections on the shades were intentional. love how he swings like a pendulum - the tempo of SDY heart.

and to all of us struggling against work/school/ life 

i shall leave YSJ like in MY way. toodles!

tumblr_o3m1w2np291tge5x3o3_500.gif

all gifs credit to: lovelycat tumblr

• Like 16

@xoxobleach I wanted to quote your reply, but I'm not sure how anymore. Pardon me if I'm not replying correctly... And yes *high 5 back*! This drama is doing wonders. Well show aside, this forum thread is equally addictive... Hahaha...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bentley09 said:

Will the "surprise ending" be it's all just the imagination of either the male lead or the female lead? Oh, don't be that kind of surprise, please...

I'm kinda worried because people keep saying "going to be a surprise ending". And I don't think that happy ending = surprise ending, or super sad ending = surprise ending. Cross my fingers

Oh ho ho... this sounds familiar. I'm gonna burn something if this story is just an imagination AGAIN.

But I do agree about maintaining a relationship is harder than starting one. Because you really have to accept everything about your partner, his past, his present and his future. You have to tolerate his shortcomings, because he would be accepting yours.

So when KMY actually took her time to ponder all this, I respect her because she is not searching for something temporary. She wants to be serious about it, so that's why she's been doing what she's doing. 'Rejecting' YSJ even though she's loosing the battle.

• Like 18

Hello everyone! First time posting here. I was able to finish watching the 8 episodes yesterday. And here I thought I'll be able to curb my kdrama addiction now. I'm so wrong! I can't help but watch the episodes over and over again. Great actors. Heart-fluttering script. :heart:

Awesome chemistry between the OTP. A must-watch!

• Like 18