[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Guest Tinkiebell
44 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@Tinkiebell ohh.. it isss... :o arasseoyo... so we won't allowed to post anything related to SJK aka YSJ's abs here, to prevent the excessive fangirling...;) what about cast pictorial? Since honestly I'm a bit confused here, what are the thigs that considered as unrelated topics/material here.. cause I have seen lots of post from other members posting them in certain pages.. that's why I thought it was okay to do so as well... :D Anyway, I'm trying my best not to post it anymore... though it's gonna hard to do... :P

Hi @stargazer187 , have you read my posts here and here? Please read it thoroughly in case you missed it.

1. Regarding Casts' pictorials. They are fine as long as they are parts of the drama's promotional activities.

Example:

- Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won's appearance in Grazia: Check and OK. They had their pictorials taken together to promote the drama.  

- Song Hye Kyo's pictorial of Laniege. Check and NOT OK. Though the product is used in the drama, she had her pictorial taken to promote the brand, not the drama. This kind of post should be shared in her individual thread over at the Actors & Actresses section in the forum.

2. Regarding unrelated reaction gif/image --> It Is when you opt to express something with a meme or an animated gif, instead of typing the actual words.

For example, in reaction to a post containing YSJ/SJK's swoon-worthy abs, instead of literally typing the actual words "Oh my God, so HAWT!" to express your admiration, you opt to post this image instead:

Spoiler

Yes, the Koala is cute and the image is funny. But, unrelated to the drama. So, not OK.

I hope this is clear enough for you and for everyone else.  

If you still have further questions, and this goes for everyone, please don't hesitate to PM me. 

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

Hi @stargazer187 , have you read my posts here and here? Please read it thoroughly in case you missed it.

1. Regarding Casts' pictorials. They are fine as long as they are parts of the drama's promotional activities.

Example:

- Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won's appearance in Grazia: Check and OK. They had their pictorials taken together to promote the drama.  

- Song Hye Kyo's pictorial of Laniege. Check and NOT OK. Though the product is used in the drama, she had her pictorial taken to promote the brand, not the drama. This kind of post should be shared in her individual thread over at the Actors & Actresses section in the forum.

2. Regarding unrelated reaction gif/image --> It Is when you opt to express something with a meme or an animated gif, instead of typing the actual words.

For example, in reaction to a post containing YSJ/SJK's swoon-worthy abs, instead of literally typing the actual words "Oh my God, so HAWT!" to express your admiration, you opt to post this image instead:

Hide contents

Yes, the Koala is cute and the image is funny. But, unrelated to the drama. So, not OK.

I hope this is clear enough for you and for everyone else.  

If you still have further questions, and this goes for everyone, please don't hesitate to PM me. 

Thanks.

Aye, aye Boss. !!!! 

• Like 2

Someone from the show came out and refuted the ending rumors, and said it is going to be a surprise ending.  Coming from what we all now know, the 2 writers-nim pull surprises, the most recent the public confession that just came out of left field and left us all squeeing and sleepless and happy.   So, let us not worry at all, and just enjoy the ride.   

On another note.  I have to come down  from the euphoric highs I have from DotS  (even at half of it done I am already way up there with admiration lol),    before I can ever watch another drama current or future, otherwise I will unfairly compare.    I  am hoping I  find future dramas with storylines  that can suck me in,  with stellar acting and great directing.      DotS  is the best thing to happen to KDrama and Hallyu in recent years, and all those numbers of people watching, the sales figures  and ratings all bolster its reputation.    Any  future production can learn from it in a multitude of ways big and small.  

• Like 15

2 hours ago, melissala said:

I'm more shocked by the ramen line.  We know what that means right lol...  And how he is says it so sultry too. I thought DY and MJ were the ones who were supposed to be making babies, but seems like SJ wants to try too. 

Errr....... i suppose the ramen line only apply when it is between a guy and a girl. I didnt know what it means until coming across IT here with the ep9 trailer. 

However, i keep thinking back to Ep 6 when SJ asked DY to invite him to his house for Raman . ( after running away from thE soldiers) lol. i think i am crazy. .........

Or is it just SJ love to eat Ramen. ( he did say he like instant food). :>

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, shoyunnie said:

Now that i watch again.. Anybody can confirm me.. Is KMY is the same age with YMJ. They're from the same university. If yes, then she is older than our Captain Yu? 

A silly question but i just want to know.. 

Based on the introduction given : 

SJ - 33 years old

MY- 34 years old

MJ- 32 years old

DY- 36 years old

• Like 19

Source: http://en.jknus.com/articles/2539/20160317/descendants-of-the-sun-korean-drama.htm (news article in spoiler)

Currently the most read article on en.JKNUS.com which is a digital business news publication that delivers the latest news on Korea to a global audience.  

It's been shared and reported that SJK is described as both 'masculine' and 'pretty' at the same time.  He can be manly and strong yet gentle and considerate and many more attributes.  This shows SJK's popularity soaring globablly as well as DOTS drama.

Spoiler
Home > World > 'Descendants of the Sun' Korean Drama Shows Song Joong Ki's Manly Side While Hitting 440 Million Views In China
WORLD

'Descendants of the Sun' Korean Drama Shows Song Joong Ki's Manly Side While Hitting 440 Million Views In China

By Judith Aparri  March 17, 2016 at 3:08 am

descendants-of-the-sun-korean-drama-is-a "Descendants of the Sun" Korean drama is about a Korean military assigned to a country for a peacekeeping mission. (Photo : Woohae Cho | Getty Images Korea)

Song He Kyo who stars in the "Descendants of the Sun" Korean drama which currently airs on KBS 2 TV every Wednesday and Thursday nights at 10 p.m. shared that she has been inspired by leading man Song Joong Ki's acting. "I've received so much help from Song since he's a gentleman around his acting partners," Song spoke at a press conference. "On long days, he would cheer me up. He's been such a reliable younger brother."

Song Joong Ki is described as both "masculine" and "pretty" and his character as Yoo Si Jin helps him prove that pretty boys can indeed be manly. In the story, Yoo is an army captain romantically eyeing Song He Kyo's character Dr. Kang Mo Yeon. He asked the doctor, "Are you still sexy? In the operating room?" Viewers perceived it as just "irresistible."

When he sneaked a kiss with Kang before leaving for fictional country Uruk for a peacekeeping mission, he asked: "Should I apologize? Or should I confess my love?" Kang demanded apology though she secretly wished for the latter, as any woman does.

Song Joong Ki had been in films and dramas that made use of his pretty boy persona. According to Yonhap News, in "My Precious You" on KBS, he was Jang Jin Ho, the not-so-bright and sympathetic younger brother of In-ho, the female lead. In "Hearty Paws 2," he was Dong Wook, the fragile hearted guy who was attached to a white Labrador retriever and cared for her puppies. His support roles in "OB-GYN" and "Triple" highlighted his effeminate features as well.

However, the actor has a side of him that is sharp and sporty. He was a representative of his hometown Daejeon as a short track speed skater during his youth years, competing in three national competitions when in grade school and when in high school. He left sports following an injury, focused on academics and earned all A's in his senior high school year. He entered Seoul's prestigious Sungkyunkwan University to study business.

His recent mandatory military training also contributed to his alpha male side. A legacy of the 1950-53 Korean War, South Korea requires all men to serve about two years in the military. "Descendants of the Sun" Korean drama is Song's comeback TV project after completing his military duty last year.

Song confessed it was not easy to portray Yoon even if he is fresh from military training. Speaking to reporters at a press conference, he shared: "Because my character is so serious and has great leadership, it's becoming harder to portray those aspects of Yoo."

The "Descendants of the Sun" KBS 2 TV Korean drama hit 440 million cumulative views in China, outnumbering the 2014 "My Love from the Star," said SPH website. As the drama has swept away many Chinese fans, the Ministry of Public Security in China posted Saturday on its official site a caveat: "An enormous fandom of Korean drama Descendants Of The Sun starring Song Joong Ki has emerged as it began to air in Korea and China. It is easy to see that many have fallen in love with the male lead Song."

The post said it can be dangerous to watch Korean dramas as it could lead to legal troubles. A couple previously divorced because of a Korean drama and the husband went through plastic surgery to gain his wife again.

• Like 7

Based on this IG post Link there is a possibility that our Captain YSJ and Dr KMY may grace the cover of ELLE HK magazine. They will be in HK for DOTS promotional activities in April right?  The poster said that Elle HK has posted their pics on their IG account. I'm really excited for this possibility too. Elle pictorials are very beautiful and most likely it will cover their characters in DOTS, their working relationship with one another and all the beautiful photos.....Maybe we will get our wish soon....fingers crossed.

On the first day they met again in Uruk, he already made his move again after pretending not to see her earlier. He said he will die in her place but she didn't want that at all. Eventually she felt backward first but he grabbed onto her so that she would land on top of him instead. He really cares and loves her so I can't see how he will be able to give her up....He is in heaven here. Can we have another scene of them lying and hugging each other happily....

descendants of the sun ep 3 gif

cr as tagged

• Like 21

3 hours ago, loveandpeace09 said:

Sorry...but which ramen line line are you talking about? I could not find it :tears:

It's in the preview for the episode next week.episode 9..can't wait for the next episode....:D i felt like the time is soooo slow nowadays :(

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

How many of you wondering what will happen in the opening scene next Wed? The written preview wrote that MY would run off after rescuing her phone while SJ would give chase. Would she go for ramen with him?

Personally I doubt so, after the huge embarrassment and facing the guy she just confessed to after trying so hard to maintain that cool image in front of him. I would have want to find a quiet place to die, much less go on a date with him. Especially since he is just the type to tease her relentlessly.

I do hope he will be gentle and considerate towards her. Or maybe tell her how touched he is with her confession. This way she will feel less embarrassed. But I don't think this will happen with his flirty ramen question.

I'm always wondering what will happen after the confession...i've watching the ending of ep. 8 along with the preview for the countless time, & grinning like a silly person since i don't have anyone to talk about this drama in real life....so i'm so glad to be a part of this forum...

I don't think she'll go eat ramen with captain yoo since she's embarassed & shy...but i think our captain will not feel bad about it & understand her. he's just enjoy teasing her....but, whatever it is, let's just enjoy the show....DOTS Troopers, let's hang in there till wednesday! Aja aja fighting!!! :angry:

• Like 19

Uruk, backdrop of ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ inspired by Iraq

KBS 2TV’s popular TV series “Descendants of the Sun” staff told a local Saturday night TV show that Uruk, the series’ backdrop, was inspired by Iraq.

According to the series’ synopsis, Uruk is a remote area located at the margin of Balkan Peninsula. But a staff revealed on KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly” that Uruk was modeled after Iraq.

The staff added that using the real name of the nation is likely to cause diplomatic conflict explaining the reason for change of name to Uruk.

“Descendants of the Sun,” starring actor Song Joong-ki as a junior Special Forces officer and actress Song Hye-kyo playing a surgeon, both dispatched to the remote area, revolves around their struggle facing disasters in the area.

The filming took place in Korea and abroad. The three sets revealed in the episode are located in Taebaek, Gangwon Province and Paju, Gyeonggi Province, both remote areas in Korea, as well as Greece for filming abroad.

Spoiler

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603201144036538605_2

• Like 22

I seriously wish it were longer.  16 episodes is so short, but no extension makes sense.  There's no way they can film anything more months later.  Though a special with BTS clips would be nice.  They are pretty stingy with BTS videos and pictures. :tears:  I'd totally buy a director's cut DVD as long as the ending is good. 

• Like 24

I hope that the ending is good, means the pairs are not shifted. KMY is always with YSJ and SDY is always with YMJ. Don't separate them as it will be so painful for fans like me. The beginning till the mid was running good, I love the stories and stuffs. And hopefully, the end will give us something as expected yet surprising. 

40 minutes ago, sweetsourgirl18 said:

I been going back and forth on whether I should post this or not but decided I should, just to show how much I love DOTS! 

Awhile back I read

an SHK article during the time she was promoting the grandmasters movie. The reporter asked if she had watched any recent kdrama and she mentioned that she had recently watched the innocent man and thought SJK is a good actor and an actor that she would like to work with.

At the time I thought they we would be a good kdrama pair. Sure enough when I heard that SJK might be in the new KES drama I really wished and hoped that SHK would be offered the female lead. 

Oh, grandmaster? It was 2-3 years back then. I heard that too but kinda ignore it as I thought SHK would not be paired with SJK ever. This drama then proves me wrong. Glad that she finally works with one she 'adores'. 

• Like 13

The last episode is on 14th April. It's not even a month. God!! How much I wish it was a 20 episodes drama. Never thought I would say this as I think 20 episodes are draggy. But DoTS is that good. I guess for the first time I am gonna have withdrawal syndrome. Wish me luck!!

• Like 24