[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

SDY only reacts to MJ when she admits she is weak, not doing okay...

when MJ is trying to be sexy and in control, SDY holds his grounds.

my favourite scene in ep8 was when MJ walks in and declares to SJ that her dad wants to speak to his son-in-law. 

SDY reaction followed by YSJ response was hilarious. 

Questions, so many!

1. i guess YSJ only knew MY was still grounded in Uruk cos her hp was left there? 

2. is there a new kiss scene? why do i see a standing kiss in the sunlight? so we know for sure that there will be 3 kisses? (one at the back of a truck, one with her wearing grey sweater and another one standing in the sun)

3. a thing that has been plaguing my mind... the shoe lace scene in ep6... was MY wearing a skirt?! he took a looonng while to raise his eyes. that brought my suspicion hahaha. 

4. in ep4, i was wondering so hard why YSJ can still steal a loonng look at MY with a gun pointed at his head. yes yes, he is looking at her but i cannot wrap my head around that since he is CAPTAIN. then it dawned upon me that the enemy gun is pointed in the direction of their president. doubt they'll fire anyway. that should have been on his mind while he looked at her. TSK. (I  have to find excuses for YSJ actions to calm my rational mind)

5. how come the army boys don't gossip about big boss and beauty? hmmmmm. i thought they were very obvious before the confession. anyway, i want to see what kind of faces the army boys will make when they see them together, heehee.

• Like 11

ed7d1d22_o.png

423c9e20_o.jpeg

With the popularity of the new drama, "Descendants of the Sun," international fans are showing strong interest in how the series will end.

Unlike most Korean TV series, which are produced episode by episode, the romance drama by popular writer Kim Eun-sook has been completed. Staff, including Kim, are maintaining security over the ending to prevent spoilers, but many fans are strongly concerned about whether it has a sad ending.

Local entertainment news outlet My Daily cited a Taiwanese report Thursday as saying some netizens said on her social media, "If Song Joong-ki dies, I will also kill myself."

Some fans predict a happy ending, because Song Hye-kyo, the female lead, said in an interview on Wednesday that"Descendants of the Sun" was a romantic love story.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/03/386_200566.html

• Like 13

I just watch ep.8 with sub, and I'm wondering if :

Has SDY already knew that his captain YSJ being "engage" with YMJ? Because it seems that when YMJ come to their room and said that YSJ got call from the General who want to speak with "his son in law". I saw that SDY is asking "sa wi (son in law)?" and YSJ give code to YMJ to stop her teasing and say that he is asking for " __ wi (sorry I forgot the words which means captain). This will be a good plot if SDY didn't know who is his competitor in the eye of the father in law.

Can't wait for ep.9 which the general will make a fuss about his daughter love life & also YSJ relationship. How will our strict doctor will deal with this general, since she is already dare to confront the liutenant colonel.

• Like 9

Memes of the surprise confession that is now internet sensation thanks to KMY's destiny with YSJ. Daniel was her once upon time crush right? If YSJ should find out about this in the future, how will he react hehe...

12822298_1745037009051285_1670932426_n.j

Spoiler

10005496_1718741855037531_572296453_n.jp

cr: solim_cupid IG

And bromance skin-ship lol

10432036_1092468350820406_1533369695_n.j IG

cr songjoongki_ph IG

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, suellen88 said:

Has SDY already knew that his captain YSJ being "engage" with YMJ? Because it seems that when YMJ come to their room and said that YSJ got call from the General who want to speak with "his son in law". I saw that SDY is asking "sa wi (son in law)?" and YSJ give code to YMJ to stop her teasing and say that he is asking for " __ wi (sorry I forgot the words which means captain). This will be a good plot if SDY didn't know who is his competitor in the eye of the father in law.

Can't wait for ep.9 which the general will make a fuss about his daughter love life & also YSJ relationship. How will our strict doctor will deal with this general, since she is already dare to confront the liutenant colonel.

i think all of them know that MJ dad wants SJ to be his son in law. so that is his nickname. but he is not the real son in law. its a joke between the 2 but SDY didn't know and this term son in law is offensive to him since MJ is his. so he quite 'insulted/annoyed' that MJ and SJ dare to take up this nickname as if sharing a bond. but we all know this steady guy is just picking on them.

SJ degree of denial was not necessary but in the name of bromance and entertainment value, it was amusing.

i like this 3 together . there should be more scenes! 

the doctor MY presence will be too serious for this fun bunch. they need to have flashback on their younger days in army.

• Like 12

@suellen88. MJ will get what she want or dad loses her., she said that once.   Confession over the PA, even accidental and the rarest of things, will (sadly for MY). be grapevine  fodder,  and news travels fast.  General will know SJ  as son-in-law is a lost cause.   Even without SJ dad's knowledge of MY,   he is not even keen on discussing such things with General.     He specifically asked If SDY is on the list to go on the search and rescue, which is both an acknowledgment of his skills and personally, to lookout for the safety of MJ.   Other things may happen in favor of this couple.   So eventually, General  dad will relent, removing this one hurdle to their happy ending. Yeh I love SJ and DY bromance in all this pushing these two together.  (DY and MJ do the same for SJ and MY). 

Possibly next week as the 2 will be in front of the dad as per the preview?   But as  the 2 writers have proven, they keep springing surprises and keeping us glued,  so truth is, I dare not say when.  

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, suellen88 said:

Yes, he knows because after they met (SDY-YMJ), YMJ asked him for a favour. He had to announce to YSJ that he was dating her. She made it clear that her father wanted YSJ as son-in-law.

SDY got jealous because it was the first time that he heard from YMJ calling YSJ son-in-law so that it looked like YSJ was thinking about marrying YMJ which was upsetting SDY. The latter had always thought that YSJ would never marry YMJ. Besides, he knows that YSJ is in love with KMY.

I have been watching all the episodes again and this time, it stroke me that SDY was indeed helping YSJ to reconnect with KMY. First, in the episode 3, SDY is the one who tells KMY to join YSJ to go to the headquarters in order to have access to Internet. YSJ is surprised and upset asking SDY what is wrong with him. Then in the next episode, he gives her 10 minutes to see YSJ, while he is in detention. Actually, this is forbidden but he doesn't care.

So why did he do that? SDY has realised YSJ's feelings for KMY. First, he knew that YSJ would drive for a long time, just to meet her in the first episode, but then after she had dumped him, YSJ was back much earlier realising that something wrong must have happened. Then in the episode 3, he hears from YSJ that he made KMY cry (the bomb joke) and he notices that YSJ is indeed upset. As conclusion, he has realised that YSJ is still interested in her.

So SDY tried to help his friend but when YSJ comes back to SK, he hears from YSJ that he has been rejected again. Yet he knows pretty well that YSJ isn't telling the truth, when the latter will get over her very soon. He knows because he is in the same situation. He can't forget YMJ too. As conclusion, SDY doesn't get just jealous, he is really afraid that this marriage could really happen. I doubt, he had thought about it before. He just followed the commander's order and that was it.

@Ahpheng I made a funny comment p. 490!! Thanks for answering my question!!

• Like 15

3 hours ago, renvic said:

Questions to ponder: (Please don't throw rocks on me :grin:)

1. Does the international call in SK is much cheaper in other country or the salary of soldiers in SK are High? Because international calls are really expensive and Urk is too far away in SK!!

2. Does the mosquito coils is part of the ppl/ product advertised or part of the props because we all know tat the candles are ppl but lots of scene that they used it.

3. Does the tummy pregnant props is somehow misplaced on the fiancee of Dr. Lee Che Hoon? coz its placed in too much higher part of the tummy?

4. Does the hyundai blue car of our Capt Shi jin also brought in Urk? coz the car was used when our captain picked up our Dr in the hospital and they used it when they are looking for wifi in Urk.

5.  What cellphone brand did our Dr MY used? because its too waterproof that its still kicking despite it was also drawn in the sea and still can play good sound and noteven having a small scratch? Maybe Daniel Fix it.. he can fix everthing?

Oh I forgot DOTS is  a Kdrama anything can happen..... :D

I laughed reading your list. I shall attempt to bring logic to this. Hahaha...

1. Since Uruk/Urk is fictional and war torn, I shall assume the international call charges are also fictionally low. 

2. You never know who needs to sell mosquito coils... They could well be more effective than mosquito patches. 

3. Chi Hoon's wife is having her first pregnancy. It *can* carry that high before baby engages. 

4. Is the number plate the same? Hyundai sells well the world over and blue is a common colour. Even in Uruk. Heh heh. 

5. Methinks wireless cloud updates saved her phone data. Hurray iTunes? Or whatever similar type app Samsung uses... Hahahaha...

• Like 6

I'm sorry, I could miss. Was this article here?

Song Hye Gyo highly complimented Song Joong Ki for his charms and talent.

20160316154748_56e90194504bb_1.jpg

On MArch 16th, press junket for KBS 2TV drama 'Descendants of the Sun' was held in Seoul, and Song Hye Gyo, Song Joong Ki, Jin Gu, and Kim Ji Won attended.

Song Hye Gyo and Song Joong Ki are playing in 'Descendants of the Sun' as lovers, and regarding Song Joong Ki's charms, Song Hye Gyo said, "Almost every females are in love with Yoo Shi Jin, and I think Song Joong Ki is Yoo Shi Jin himself."

She went on, "I am pretty sure that all of the staffs would agree with me. He is well-mannered, always caring, and very reliable."

Song Hye Gyo also said, "I even found myself less mature than Song Joong Ki. I think Song Joong Ki has lots to learn from. He is an amazing actor."

starN

• Like 23

1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

Memes of the surprise confession that is now internet sensation thanks to KMY's destiny with YSJ. Daniel was her once upon time crush right? If YSJ should find out about this in the future, how will he react hehe...

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images. Thank you.

cr: solim_cupid IG

nice work! hahaha!

7 hours ago, MairaA said:

Schedule for Saturday to Tuesday: Listen to OST's like crazy and watch DOTS clips or re-watch a few episodes. Maybe study abit? LOL 

I seriously love this drama. I find one thing so funny though, its about how the OST's are competing against EACH OTHER for number one. YOU ARE ALL GREAT, ILY :wub:

nice schedule! hehehe!!

7 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I must say I'm impressed with Onew. I'm always cautious when it comes to idol actors, but he's delivered his role thus far as a rich-boy, idealistic young doctor whose experiences in an emergency site have started to change him, very well indeed. 

I must say I am worried for his character now. He is feeling anguish and shows signs of PTSD. I hope someone on the team recognises this soon and addresses it before it escalates into something worse. 

I think he needs help too.

• Like 3

I LOVE IT. That’s the most hilarious, wonderful, fantastic cliffhanger ever. Now everyone knows how Mo-yeon feels about Shi-jin, including Shi-jin himself, which has got to feel amazing for him after being rejected four times now. It’s no secret how he feels about her — I mean, he tells anyone who’ll listen — so it makes me happy for Shi-jin that now he knows that Mo-yeon does care for him.

from dramabeans.com;  comment written by Lollypip

I agree with her that the cliffhanger was one of the best from DOTS, however, I analyse the love confession differently. To me, YSJ has always known that KMY had feelings for him and he was aware of that. First, when he asked her if he should apologise or confess and she asked for an apology, she explained that he was really handsome, but he was dangerous. Her rejection was that she couldn't accept him because of his job. He risks his life so often. She made it clear that this was the reason. As conclusion, her refusal wasn't because she didn't love him.

We witnessed so many times YSJ saying that KMY will be worried about him... so he knows that she cares for him and that she loves him. Like he once said, she had the upperhand in their relationship because of his job that's why he tried to take the upperhand when he could (episode 4). He knew about her feelings but he couldn't break her way of thinking, her wall. But now with the public love confession, he has the upperhand. People are aware of it now and they will put KMY under pressure. Look how SY handled Ja Ae... he spoke about buying a car in front of everyone and people started talking to JA, they should date!! This is what is going to happen for KMY and YSJ. Then he knows now that her resistance broke once so that it gives him hope, she will finally give in.

This smirk illustrates that he isn't surprised at all, just pleased that he has something in his hand in order to get what he wants!!

@Ahpheng Here again another analysis about the cliffhanger!

• Like 23

6 hours ago, miss sojisub said:

I dont think so.... he seems really change his job as what he said to SJ.... but the kidnapping scene keep lingering in my head.... is it Argus gang or someone else?? 

but i still thinking Argus may save YSJ this time.... because he owe his life to YSJ for the "Saving Private Ryan" story back then while they in the same joint operation unit...Argus seems like the leader as his rank was Captain that time and YSJ was Liuttenant. regarding the kidnapping it may happen that something danger can affect YSJ, and Argus will save him and call it even. life for a life.YSJ saved him once and he just do his payback. well it's just an imagination.

also i am very curious on Yoo Ahn In, we know that he will be appear as cameo some time later.... what character will he portray??? is it something to dig about KMY and YMJ stories??? even YSJ is curious about it also. we knew the nerve war between them happen because a sunbae at their medical school.... and according to KMY, YMJ is never go out with that sunbae either... so no one wins according to her....sooo is Yoo Ahn In the sunbae in the story??? if yes kkkkkkkk i really love to see the jealous expression from YSJ.

also since KMY and YMJ are a doctor and YSJ and SDY are a soldier.... will we see  scene where someone have to save another life???? lets say we saw where YSJ or SDY got hurt badly... i really mean badly.... and need surgery from our doctor???? well i'm not saying someone will die... but i think that option about someone save another is on the table too....as we are in this kind of drama. and the scene surely will grow another level of their relationship....

The kidnapping story is right in front of our eyes.... also the kissing scene... in 8 more episodes left i really hope more stories reveal. we already see YSJ dad .... LCH mom.... i want to meet KMY mom lol.... and how she meet with YSJ. 

I want to see jealous both SJ and SDY for the same man !!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jjeennyy19 said:

lolxx....In that scene, You can see how their relationship will be once they take it to the next level..Uri strong and courageous Captain YSJ who is respected and leads a team is afraid of his girlfriend Dr. Kang..Aigoo!!So happy and excited how things will turn up...:w00t:

Me too, must be so much fun watching MY bossing him around. I just can't wait to see how MY will handle the situation after the confession :D Poor MY... 

15 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

To be honest, I hope Shi-jin is never forced to choose between his job and Mo-yeon. He genuinely loves what he does for a living and it would be heartbreaking to see him having to give it up. 

script>I hope the writer will not go to that route. SJ loves his job and he loves MY, I have faith in the writers, I'm sure they will give the best solution for uri couple, fighting! 

The way he stares at her, the longing in his eyes. Uri captain is madly in love with uri doctor :wub:

oobLLyO.jpg

• Like 23

5 hours ago, Erin Lokanata said:

I rewatched Ep 7 and DAMN! Why their acting is so good? Especially in the end of Ep 7 when Si Jin confessed to Mo Yeon. His voice and his expression when he said I Miss You. So priceless! Song Joong Ki you totally nailed it. Can't describe how daebak you are potraying Yoo Si Jin :) 

I totally agree with you!!!

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with her that the cliffhanger was one of the best from DOTS, however, I analyse the love confession differently. To me, YSJ has always known that KMY had feelings for him and he was aware of that. First, when he asked her if he should apologise or confess and she asked for an apology, she explained that he was really handsome, but he was dangerous. Her rejection was that she couldn't accept him because of his job. He risks his life so often. She made it clear that this was the reason. As conclusion, her refusal wasn't because she didn't love him.

We witnessed so many times YSJ saying that KMY will be worried about him... so he knows that she cares for him and that she loves him. Like he once said, she had the upperhand in their relationship because of his job that's why he tried to take the upperhand when he could (episode 4). He knew about her feelings but he couldn't break her way of thinking, her wall. But now with the public love confession, he has the upperhand. People are aware of it now and they will put KMY under pressure. Look how SY handled Ja Ae... he spoke about buying a car in front of everyone and people started talking to JA, they should date!! This is what is going to happen for KMY and YSJ. Then he knows now that her resistance broke once so that it gives him hope, she will finally give in.

This smirk illustrates that he isn't surprised at all, just pleased that he has something in his hand in order to get what he wants!!

@Ahpheng Here again another analysis about the cliffhanger!

Couldn't have said it better. Si Jin obviously has an idea that Mo Yeon has feelings for him. Mo Yeon kind of confessed to him during their conversation that led to Si Jin having that courage to swoop in and kiss her, back in that Episode 4 cliffhanger. This man can feel that she likes him, but he knows too that she has other reasons for not accepting him. That is why he is still waiting for her, and has not given up on her. And yes, he does get to have the upper hand because of that broadcasted confession, and I cannot wait to see how Mo Yeon responds to this. ;-P That smirk is freaking iconic now. :wub:

• Like 23