Add and Subtract Game

Admin

14 hours ago, partyon said:

WTH?!?!?! Could they not afford to get quality wardrobe for the event?

I didn't open the link cos I don't want my eyes to suffer but couldn't he wear underwear?!

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

he guy in the mask running around with the torch was rather cool though. 

The opening ceremony for Paris Olympics is certainly different.

It brings out the freedom, fun, frivolity - words I wouldn't use in other opening ceremonies. 

It's a festival for them and I quite like their point of view and dare to carry out what they believe in; quite distinctly French with Paris as a backdrop and not a regular stage. The knight riding on water, masked fella, Aya Nakamura, along with the eye-popping blunders contribute to my enjoyment very much. 😆  

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Too bad he isn't Chinese - he would have no issues becoming a c-drama oppa. Do you agree

He fits right into a Xianxia (celestial/immortal beings) drama - with little else for make-up artists to do since he already looks the part. Though he has the looks, he does not have the height for male leads - many FL actresses are around his height.

And so in the ultra competitive cdrama land, he may or may not stand a chance to shine.  But what he lacks in height, he makes up for in attitude. He's fierce! And probably would nail villain roles.

Also, I like that he looks naturally elvish - even with dark hair. Reminds me of Seo In-guk kekeke

spacer.png

• Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, rocat said:

Though he has the looks, he does not have the height for male leads - many FL actresses are around his height.

Don't forget the princess carries while they're in costumes that weigh a ton. 😅 There's also no such thing as one take cos it will be shot several times, different angles.

4 hours ago, rocat said:

But what he lacks in height, he makes up for in attitude. He's fierce! And probably would nail villain roles.

Especially if he makes the role very much his own that there'll be almost no one else who can play it other than him. 😉

japanese-egg-salad-sandwich-2a.jpg

ctto 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Happy Good Morning GIF by ircha_gram

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

How is Kazuya Kamenashi as an actor? Meme and Miyadate were his guests in his YT channel. He's a good cook!

I like his acting and his character in The Name Of The Game is Kidnapping.  

He was the ML in the drama Destiny and he was good in the role...but I dropped that drama because of the plot. 

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@rocher22 Look how cute Shoppi is

:wub:

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Ya, chingu! Felix is anything but innocent. I saw some recent videos of him on IG. He's a flirt. :D

sweet...:D   

0ddf7af0839f912903b45304e20167fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He can still be a model, just not maybe a full-time model for runways, but as a brand's ambassador or endorser. 

He's a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton.

FELIX%20LEE_LOUIS%20VUITTON.jpg

5 hours ago, WeunXK said:

I hope he will continue to do good works

Yes, I think it's great of him to focus on helping others. He has donated money to Laotian children through UNICEF for example.

He also used his vacation time to do volunteering work in Laos. Very impressive for a young man. He seems to have his heart in the right place. :glasses:

allkpop_1707496849_untitled-1.jpg

Don't remember many other idols actually volunteering on location / overseas. They do donations, but volunteering is uncommon. Only Siwon comes to mind.

DSCF2338.JPG.webp?itok=mel7RZt0

5 hours ago, rocat said:

I didn't open the link cos I don't want my eyes to suffer but couldn't he wear underwear?!

His shorts were smaller than his underwear :grimace:

5 hours ago, rocat said:

It's a festival for them and I quite like their point of view and dare to carry out what they believe in; quite distinctly French with Paris as a backdrop and not a regular stage.

Everyone is complaining about how bad it was. Even people who had paid 2700€/person (VIP tickets) to see the show onsite, had only seen the boats. Really far away. Nothing else. They were so angry.

Anyone watching the Olympics right now? I was just watching women's beach volleyball and I feel so sorry for the ladies who nearly have nothing to cover their bottoms. Must be sooo uncomfortable. :grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

@joccu They said that he will be meeting the #1 judoka in the next round. Fingers crossed he will do well.

Anyone planning on watching Perfect Family starting on Aug 14? It's a 12 ep thriller / mystery.

rNg3ny_4c.jpg?v=1

It depicts the story of Seon Hee and her family, who seem happy and perfect to anyone, but one day she experiences the death of her friend, Kyung Ho.

https://mydramalist.com/748833-perfect-family

@sweetroad @agenth @Ameera Ali Funny hubby from Doctor Cha is the ML.

Interestingly enough, the drama's director is a Japanese veteran director @rocher22 @MayanEcho This will be his first kdrama. Am anticipating that this could turn out very well.

The supporting cast is stellar too.

In other news @Ameera Ali your ex-hubby (Go Joon) will finally be back in dramaland with a new thriller Black Out (Snow White Must Die)!

2wkJqw_4c.jpg?v=1

The story revolves around two detectives who investigate mysterious incidents in a village. The drama will reinterpret those events and the characters in the book to match Korean sentiments and show the ugly side of human nature. When Go Jung Woo was younger, he was smart enough to be on the early admission list to medical school. After taking his SAT (scholastic ability test), he went on a trip, but ever since that day, he became a murderer. He returns to his hometown after being released from prison and comes across what happened 11 years ago.

https://mydramalist.com/704081-snow-white-must-die

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

This will be his first kdrama. Am anticipating that this could turn out very well.

May drama do well!

@rocher22 more Nabe and cast cuteness 😄

BTW @partyon, the FL in this drama will also be one of the support cast in that Japanese ML/SK FL upcoming drama you posted about a week or so ago. 🙂

@rocat Finally there's a showing date, which is tomorrow! After almost 3 years since booting ceremony!  🦇

LMAO, are the scenes like this one why this drama had to go through censor reviews not just once, but twice? 😅

Spoiler

Right, at this time, I'm just crossing fingers now that all eps are released before any netizens start crapping too much online over the story! I'm done with dramas I'm interested on that got shelved again in the middle of showing just because of overzealous netizens. 😤

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

41 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Finally there's a showing date, which is tomorrow! After almost 3 years since booting ceremony!

Wow! That's quick - we were just talking about censorship yesterday.

I'll check it out though I don't quite fancy dramas in the Republican era. But vampires might change my mind...

43 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LMAO, are the scenes like this one why this drama had to go through censor reviews not just once, but twice?

The one in The Royal Princess is similar - but they still have clothes on here. Or were you referring to the blood-sucking vampires do? I have a feeling it's that. Cultish?

2 hours ago, partyon said:

His shorts were smaller than his underwear

Wut? LoL! Guess the elastics gave up....

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Even people who had paid 2700€/person (VIP tickets) to see the show onsite, had only seen the boats. Really far away. Nothing else. They were so angry.

They didn't know beforehand what they were up for? 🫥

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, rocat said:

I'll check it out though I don't quite fancy dramas in the Republican era. But vampires might change my mind...

The more recent clips in the official weibo account aren't for kids 😅

But hey, this is a story of lingering animosities and long overdue vengeance, so there won't be much room for rationality but plenty for instincts and insanity. 

3 hours ago, rocat said:

The one in The Royal Princess is similar - but they still have clothes on here. Or were you referring to the blood-sucking vampires do? I have a feeling it's that. Cultish?

That, and perhaps the cigars smoking. LOL! It boggles the mind that it needed two reviews, a year apart. So I'm wondering now, what scenes were cut off? 😅 

Italian-Sausage-Sandwiches-27.jpg

ctto 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@rocat @MayanEcho @joccu @sweetroad @agenth @Lmangla @WeunXK Wow! So much happened in the Olympics today.

Another day, another organizer scandal....

South Sudan's team consisting of mostly refugees (due to it being a war torn country) beat Puerto Rico in basketball. Talk about an amazing feat! :love:

mi8kgzdkgttw1ifqv2f8.jpg

Only to be ruined with the organizers playing the WRONG NATIONAL ANTHEM - they played Sudan's anthem instead of South Sudan's.... 😒

Meme GIF by The BarkPost

I mean c'mon guyz.... 😒

There was also drama when the reigning female world champion in judo lost her first fight since 2019.... Look at her:

This isn't just crying, she was wailing. I thought at first that she had dislocated her shoulder and that she was crying out of pain... :blink: But no.

Braxton Family Values Drama GIF by WE tv

I was waiting for sailing to start, but turns out there was too little wind in Marseille so that was postponed. When it finally started, there was barely any wind and they could have swam faster to the finish line.... Aigoo.

@agenth was biting her fingernails when the archery final was on. All I can say is that the Korean archery team needs a makeover asap. Not only are they wearing unfashionable hats - the hairnets made my jaw drop. Please ladies, even a bucket hat would be better....

And the day isn't even over yet... :sweats:

• LOL 5
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Another day, another organizer scandal....

i wonder how they got their jobs. 

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

There was also drama when the reigning female world champion in judo lost her first fight since 2019.... Look at her:

yeah this is terrible for her, and also embarrassing. then again, it's the olympics, so you're in such an adrenaline that you can't stop your emotions. i just hope that she is able to lose, which is also something someone must learn.

+2

• LOL 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

9 minutes ago, agenth said:

i just hope that she is able to lose, which is also something someone must learn.

Doesn't seem like it. I do agree that's it's better that she learns how to lose, because you can not be undefeatable all your life.

Men's judo finals started now btw. :glasses:

Congrats to the ladies for winning 10 times in a row, but I still can't get over this look...

20240729050004_0.jpg

Also,they were very heavy on some kind of whitening cream (BB cream or sunblock) in their faces, making the face look way lighter than their hands and necks. :blink:

They were not the only team with this problem....

While I was traveling in Australia I saw some Asian influencers who looked extremely white in their faces (only). I just couldn't believe how weird and unnatural and FAKE it looked - do they really think they look good?

Halloween Disney GIF by filmeditor

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

In other news @Ameera Ali your ex-hubby (Go Joon) will finally be back in dramaland with a new thriller Black Out (Snow White Must Die)!

looks like kdrama is going through another fairytale type phase. already one daily "scandal" has a different korean title which is "snow white's revenge" 

+2

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes, I think it's great of him to focus on helping others. He has donated money to Laotian children through UNICEF for example.

He also used his vacation time to do volunteering work in Laos. Very impressive for a young man. He seems to have his heart in the right place. :glasses:

Awesome Job GIF by Punchcard

@partyon:Megalol:another way to drive away the mosquitos away🤣

Spoiler

:coolcat:

======

df19263e98cf36932ff4e4d2c65b310d1c234e45.jpg

• Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

While I was traveling in Australia I saw some Asian influencers who looked extremely white in their faces (only). I just couldn't believe how weird and unnatural and FAKE it looked - do they really think they look good?

but i have the same problem. my face is many shades lighter than arms and rest of my body haha..., even without sunscreen or makeup.

(i also always apply lots of sunscreen on my face) 

i saw too much olympics today. it's gonna be hard to return to work HAHA. 

+2

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Seriously, I thought it was only idols who had the little problem of using creams to whiten their faces in excess....?

Btw, did you guys know that it's quite common that Korean media news outlets "whitewash" idols' faces in pics, so when international outlets take their pics you can see how much darker their skin is IRL?

main-qimg-e37b034c9b9ff25ac0a484a34289fd

Here is an unfiltered Yoongi:

unfiltered-kpop-idol-v0-eeplnjdmraqc1.jp

6 minutes ago, agenth said:

but i have the same problem. my face is many shades lighter than arms and rest of my body haha..., even without sunscreen or makeup.

No, but you know what I mean. You can tell which faces are unnaturally white. Maybe you need to stop using any creams in your face with sunblock and you'll get tanned as well? There is no medical reason why your face would tan less than the rest of your body. It's the same skin. 😘

6 minutes ago, agenth said:

i saw too much olympics today. it's gonna be hard to return to work HAHA. 

Me too :D I even did a home workout so I wouldn't have to leave my home :D

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 3