Add and Subtract Game

Admin

10 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

@partyon are you waiting this k-drama?(June 5) 

Despite liking Bogummy, I'm not really waiting for Wonderland. I know Bogummy and Suzy are teasing that they're dating IRL, but I don't know.... It feels like PR to me.

1716769947-125125321.jpg

110352603.jpg

If they are dating then congrats to them. They match visually. Am sad that Bogummy lost his military service weight though :bawling: He's looking too thin again. :bawling:

I am waiting for this couple though:

20231130092022_jung-so-min_jung-hae-in.j

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, partyon said:

I know Bogummy and Suzy are teasing that they're dating IRL, but I don't know.... It feels like PR to me.

:surprisedwut:2nd to that without a doubt they are a visual couple hope their movie will be a hit so maybe they will have drama in the future like Hyun Bin and S.Ye-jin🤩

Spoiler

umi no hajimari still got no official character picture for meguro🥲@MayanEcho

Spoiler

====

Uri Omma Kimchi IG post “It is with immense joy that we share exciting news! Today, we had the honor and privilege of providing delicious lunch and dinner meals for none other than Korean star Cha Eunwoo and his incredible team. And you know what's even more exciting? Tomorrow, he will shine on the Espaço Vibra stage with an unmissable show...”

-----

late lunch

mmfood: “Japanese Curry and Panko Crusted fried pork cutlet on rice. ”Japanese Curry and Panko Crusted fried pork cutlet on rice.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Are your biases all 4th or 5th generation idols? They generally all look alike nowadays because they all got the same surgery by the same surgeons.... Just sayin'

Lol no. 5th Generation? Ugh, that sounds like an insult to me. I think they are 2nd to 4th generation, which the majority being in the 3rd and 4th. It's less about noses and such things, more like they all have the same shaped face, same hair, same length and so on. They really look all very similiar and you notice a trend very quickly. They all have a small longer shaped face with a very pointed round chin.

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Let's wait for @larus and @kokodus to reply! Anyone else wanna join?

I already watched "Twinkling Watermelon" when it aired. It was a good show. You know I am not usually rewatching kdramas, so I don't think I agree to watch this show. Plus, I am busy and I am behind dramas I've already started. 

:P

+2

• Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, WeunXK said:

umi no hajimari still got no official character picture for meguro🥲

Might be he and Sena as the main central characters would be the last to have their solo official shots 🙂 The cast is still being introduced, but this June should have more updates and teasers/previews, given that it's showing on July.

bfd846c949c2bab54b646c1b550edd1a.jpg

ctto

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

I already watched "Twinkling Watermelon" when it aired. It was a good show. You know I am not usually rewatching kdramas, so I don't think I agree to watch this show. Plus, I am busy and I am behind dramas I've already started. 

@agenth So we only have to wait for Ms. Koko @kokodus to reply when she can start Twinkling Watermelon. Am assuming @WeunXK is going to join the watch? @4evrkdrama how about you?

:loveu:

Ms. Koko, pali. Let us know when you're available.

Coming San Diego GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Did anyone read this article?

Flaws and All: Red Flag Male Lead Characters in K-dramas

1715956720-t.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/05/flaws-and-all-red-flag-male-lead-characters-in-k-dramas

It lists the leads in: Nevertheless, BOF, Flower of Evil, Little Women, World of the Married.

I could add quite a few more... For example the MLs in:

Hide, WWWSK, Cheese In The Trap, Secret (Love), Secret Garden, Goong, Heirs, Fated to Love You, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, True Beauty, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Something Happened in Bali, The Master's Sun, Crazy Love (do you agree @larus @agenth?), Feel Good To Die, Full House, Innocent Man, King2Hearts, Mine, Que Sera Sera, My Happy Ending

Most MLs in Thai lakorns. @Lmangla @joccu you agree? :D

And I hear that c-dramas have a lot of male red flags too? @MayanEcho @rocat @rocher22 

Question: is it just me or do kdramas have more green flag MLs nowadays?

ekta-banner-15.png

I hope that @sadthe1st's Kim Min Gue oppa can play more green flag characters. He seems like such a natural at it. :love: Like Park Hyung Sik oppa and Kang Tae Oh.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@partyon I'm sorry. I'm going to be busy for the next two weeks. You guys start without me. I'll watch it later. 

mrqueen-yunifan.gif

Are you getting married? :scream:

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

Question: is it just me or do kdramas have more green flag MLs nowadays?

am not bothered by green or red flags. I think the problem is that these characters have zero charisma for me to tune in. the journey can be entertaining from a red flag to a green flag. ultimately, you need to find the characters intriguing and want to go on their journey. maybe we have watched too many dramas but it feels like these characters don't stand out....

this makes me feel that however much we make fun of Lee Min Ho for boys over flowers -- it actually was a brilliantly entertaining performance filled with loads of charisma -- as we are still talking about this drama so many years later.... 

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it actually was a brilliantly entertaining performance filled with loads of charisma -- as we are still talking about this drama so many years later.... 

Yes, this is true. But I feel like some of the red flag characters listed were actually just red flags and basically stayed red flags throughout the drama...

I nowadays enjoy Green Flag Male Leads a lot more than the toxic tsundere characters being shoved down our throats 10 years ago. Am also quite happy that non-tsundere MLs are becoming much more prevalent in kdramas. It's a step in the right direction.

It shouldn't be romanticized that Red Flag men are gonna change for women. IRL most Red Flags will remain Red Flags. Women shouldn't have the illusion that they can change anyone.

Getting ready to head to the gym... Want to get an early workout in so I can enjoy the rest of my weekend.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952lr4ei6uflwawkcmpmg5

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, partyon said:

And I hear that c-dramas have a lot of male red flags too?

They're interesting to watch, like this one. 😅 

Even costume dramas would have toxic MLs. They're better when they've character reforms to become green flags.

Uhm, I draw the line if it's too abusive though. I don't find joy watching that sort.

Real life, any whiff of red flagness, run without looking back. Never take them back either. Life is challenging enough, you don't make it anymore difficult with toxic people as company.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

Are you getting married? :scream:

Hahahaha no. I'm going to my hometown. For a family function. I have a thousand relatives. I dont think I can get any free time while I'm there. LOL. 

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this makes me feel that however much we make fun of Lee Min Ho for boys over flowers -- it actually was a brilliantly entertaining performance filled with loads of charisma -- as we are still talking about this drama so many years later...

Yes!!!! Why no one wants to acknowledge this fact? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I have a thousand relatives

Robin Williams Omg GIF by Laff

How's that even possible? :scream: How many kids is one woman producing in your family? :scream:

udycFy4.gif

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

I ran out of wifi data earlier than expected last month so wasn't able to visit the forum! Ha ha ha! :joy:

How are you guys doing, anyway? Hope you all are having a good time. :heart1:

Can't believe June is already here! Time flies. I'll be back! Gotta do some stuff! You guys have fun.  :heart:

happy%20good%20morning%20wishes170893037

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

How's that even possible? :scream: How many kids is one woman producing in your family?

My mom is the 7th sister. And her mom had a lot of siblings too. All my uncles and aunts have 2 child each. Half of my first cousins are married and have kids too. They also have two kids each. We are a population of 1.4 billion. We crossed china's population not long ago. You can now see how. 

But I read that fertility rate in India is going down now. Population will peak in 2047 and then it will reduce they are saying. And you can also see that in real life how many people are getting married late or worse not wanting to get married. Or they get married don't want to have kids. In my mom's time, it was not like that.

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Am assuming @WeunXK is going to join the watch?

yup but chingu we have different time zone🤔 are you re-active the  "Twinkling Watermelon" thread ?

38 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this makes me feel that however much we make fun of Lee Min Ho for boys over flowers -- it actually was a brilliantly entertaining performance filled with loads of charisma -- as we are still talking about this drama so many years later.... 

Total Divas Yes GIF by E!@Lmangla

12 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Can't believe June is already here! Time flies. I'll be back! Gotta do some stuff! You guys have fun.  :heart:

@gm4queen is hereLove GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

01123f7f1673ef3d0a627f7e41f033622c0ac520.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

And you can also see that in real life how many people are getting married late or worse not wanting to get married.

Ms. Koko, take it from this unnie's (or maybe ahjumma's) experiences. Marriage is overrated tbh. :D 

It's more important to lead a happy and fulfilling life - be it alone or with someone else. NEVER EVER be reliant on a man for finances, mental security or physical security. Don't settle for something or someone who is not allowing you to fulfill your dreams or bring down your happiness. The most important person in your life is YOU!

And as a woman, you need to be self-reliant - especially when it comes to your finances.

And being a mom is kinda overrated too IMHO :D Not that one would give one's kid(s) away anymore, though - lol.

I think women are scared to talk about the drawbacks and difficulties of being a mom. It's stigmatized and people will immediately judge a woman as being a "bad mom" if a woman regrets having a kid. It's more common than we think for women to regret becoming moms. I think I read that more than 10% of women feel that way. I don't think it means that anyone is to judge that they automatically are bad moms for having these thoughts. Many women become pregnant by mistake, feel societal pressure to have kids, or just realize later how tough it is.

Therefore, like marriage, having kids should also not be something "we should just do" just because "society expects it".

11 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

yup but chingu we have different time zone🤔 are you re-active the  "Twinkling Watermelon" thread ?

Yup, thinking of posting in the Twinkling Watermelon thread. It doesn't matter if we're in different time zones. We can just post using spoiler tags as we watch. :) Just asked @agenth if she can start today, but seems like she's still sleeping :tears:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

Therefore, like marriage, having kids should also not be something "we should just do" just because "society expects it".

Hmm this is one point of view. But in a larger context, let's say no female in this world want to have kids. Now it feels like we won't reach this stage, but sooner than later, we will reach this stage. So human species slowly gets extinct. Would that be a good thing or bad thing? You can't necessarily say it's a bad thing I guess. LOL. 

I think we are being too self absorbed in our own feelings, to see a larger point of view. Philosophically we can talk so much about why humans are put on earth, what is their purpose and so on. 

I'm not saying anything about marriage though, that is something that came in the middle. And we should do away with that concept. We can have kids without getting married. LOL. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon ~ here, people consider 200+ guests a small wedding. :lol::lol:

in tier 2-cities and beyond, a 1000+ guests at a wedding is very much normal. as @kokodus said, the old generation had large number of kids. they were all very well-knit because they didn't have the distraction of electronics or internet. so they all played together. plus, extended relatives all lived together or were close by. so you met your cousins regularly or played together all summer.

because there was little radio or TV options, people would socialize more. there was also the added advantage that office would end at a normal time and so the streets were pretty much empty by 8PM. so any event, people would have the time to show up and the communities were therefore very well-knit. 

now, it is a very different picture -- families are not only small but they are fragmented. there is no time to visit except at weddings and funerals. so many young adults don't necessarily know their relatives or take the time to develop relations. everyone is on the phone even within the same immediate family and don't talk to each other. so people are isolated. going forward, we will be lucky if we get 200 guests at a wedding. 

as for regrets on marriage and motherhood, yes, there are plenty of people who have them. I feel the older generation is actually a lot more vocal about their struggles if you spend the time to listen. many felt trapped in their marriage or they felt that they lost out by being a mother. some didn't really have maternal feelings and the kids grew on their own so to speak. also if you are in the school system like my mom and aunts, you will hear plenty of stories. am sure @joccu can relate.

one parent teacher meeting had my mom flustered. the lady showed up and basically burst out crying. turns out she wasn't the mom but actually the aunt. so it was a business family and they all lived in the same property -- different floors for each family. the kid's mom and dad had some sort of disagreement and the mom just took off. it had been several months.

the kid was naturally acting out and it was left on the aunt's shoulders to take care. she was already struggling as her adult son was mentally retarded and he needed lots of attention.

she did her best -- the kid was getting compliments for his home cooked lunch and he was always clean and well-dressed. but it was also difficult because she couldn't discipline him as it wasn't her kid and her husband (the dad's older brother) was asking her to keep a proper boundary. meanwhile, the dad had thrown himself into work and so would come home very late.

anyway, she vented, cried and left. my mom later heard through the grapevine that the aunt was doing better after she got some domestic help (cooking/cleaning) and the dad had decided to go through a divorce. so there was less uncertainty. the kid had by then accepted the situation and was acting out less. for better or worse, his aunt was now his mom. 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2