Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

For R88, like @Lmangla said, there was a main thread, and then two shippers thread for the two main potential ships. But having separate threads didnt really dampen the tension either.

think the timing of it matters... this is simply based on my impression of this forum for that show 'bachelorette'. just given the premise of the show -- all the guys competing for her affections -- I expected the kind of fan wars that we see here in soompi. instead, because they have separate threads created at the beginning, the discussion of each guy stays within that thread. it isn't like folks are all gushing about the guy but there is no comparison because it is not one combined thread you know? ....

so there are certain dramas that are just built in for this drama because of the premise @kokodus and so why not learn from the past? throwing a bucket after the fire rages is not much good. but putting in earth wires and stabilizers to remove potential of electric spark is always a smarter idea no? so why not split such discussions into two threads at the beginning itself for those fire dramas. this way, folks are not competing to throw each other off even with the existence of two threads.... well not all the times anyway....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Hahaha yes @Dhakra You have not been in threads that tend to become violent because you hardly watch romcoms. Lol i know its ironic. Threads of crime thriller dramas are usually very calm and peaceful. Romcom threads are the ones that mostly cause trouble because of this shipping business. Sigh

See, another reason not to watch RomComs. :D People are not peaceful enough. Crime threads are very peaceful, but that's also because not very much people are watching them and the actors are mostly a little bit older and the romance part isn't as developed. Duel was pretty dead during the first six episodes.

I imagine Berou like this now. :joy:

giphy.gif

I love this gif. 

54 minutes ago, Berou said:

@Dhakra go peep at the most active/popular threads and you'll see. Yeah, you have to meet me at subway ...

On my way to read some gossip and watch some kitty fights. 

43 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Btw, @Berou i'm surprised and shocked that you changed your profile icon from your oppa to someone else. LOLOL. 

Very good change. Jennie was the perfect choice. I like it very much. :lol: 

@Lmangla I get your point. It might work if we create separate threads at the beginning itself. But people dont stay on topic most of the times. And some extraordinary people as i have mentioned before will definitely cause trouble by going to the opposite thread. And certain people dont know how to convey their love for one without putting down another. Like example, people will say A is the best choice for the female lead because B is an richard simmons. Now team B lurking in team A's thread, after seeing this will get worked up, lose all their senses and create a scene in team A's thread. I'm not even making this up, this has happened before. LOL. 

And i've even heard people threatening others through PM's just beacuse they are vocal about their thoughts. 

• Like 2

674?

Hello, I’m not CatchMine_ID herself as usual and I’m not Soompier too. Don’t know how this exactly works… I hope I post this correctly for her sake.

Spoiler

I’m her friend that so desperate for now. I’m sorry if I’m a mood-breaker here… I want to grant her asks to me and I do still wishing for her that she will yells at me cause I leak more than what she wants.

It’s been 12 hours since my friend in coma state.

She sent me these texts on midnight that I just checked this morning.

Her messages is about her associated CatchMine_ID accounts, her entertainment brand account… One of it is this Soompi account.

Next I will just copy paste what she types to me:

Oh! From now I’ll speak in English so you will not have to translate this (neither of us is really great in English for now lolols), I already burdened you /to me/ by this (I’m sorry, please?). Here, here, do log in my Soompi account /her id and passw./. So, intro first to you /to me/ who may be feel so confuse, in recent daa~ays I quite active in this K-forums while I don’t want people-like-you /to me/ to join ‘skipping’ activities just to keep me not ‘alone’. And there’s one of the thread titled ‘Add and Subtract Game’ that somehow brings me joy. The people there are so nice and fun. I pour random things there. I don’t want to say this good bye by myself because I’m still hoping I can hanging out again in that forum lol (but for real, I gathered prayers there! Will all accumulated prayers include from them be granted?), in case you hardly to wake me up anymore (my destiny), since it is a forum (yup, interactions), please convey this--just pretend be me and add a sweet gif to make it not creepy:

“I’m sorry if I said something bad here, it could be my blabbing, ranting, or not-a-nice joke, or misunderstood words cause the-my-not-good-English, or whatever (I do hope I write this correctly lol), forgive me. I’m thankful to have this nice virtual hangout place, even I just add numbers with trashy posts, or press like buttons, or do lurking (start from that moment when I triggered to talk about Yoo Ah-in here hahaha). I feel blessed to have prayers from you too guys.”

giphy.gif

Also! Send it to latest thread I active on it. I gathered prayers too there, so nice.

• Like 4

@CatchMine_IDI don't really know what to say, but this makes me so sad  Coma!?:( I really feel touched that she had joy here. I'm really lost for words. Maybe my sisters here are better with words, I'm just....wow....our poor chingu :( 

@CatchMine_ID Please wake up. Sending you love & prayers . You can do this ..we will be waiting. Thank you catchmine's Friend for letting us know. Please keep us posted. 

@packmule3 @staygold @USAFarmgirl Keep our dear girl in your prayers. She pm me her medical condition before , I know it's quite serious. But did not expect this. 

Edited by Guest

I'm resuming my mod duties. My training is over. I got my certificate in sleeping! *clap clap* My finals demo was about One Piece. And coincidentally, Catch's GIF is Chopper. I'll pray for Catch's healing. 

• Like 2

My Heart felt thanks to @triplem for the shout out and my love to all of you.  Haven't read all the past posts yet except for the news about @CatchMine_ID

To Catchmine's Friend,

First I would like to thank you, her dear friend who has taken the effort and time to relay this message on her behalf  and sharing it so gently with all of us here. Your words and concern would be understood in any language because we could hear your heart and love for her loud and clear.  The language of love is always perfect...She will be proud of you when she awakens and our hope is there with you...And thankfulness too..  For allowing us to not only pray which I promise you is already happening!!  But also giving us a chance to reach out to her in the only way we can through our prayers, thoughts & words...

I wish we could do more, but know that in remembering her we will also be remembering you and those she loves and those that love her.  Asking God to watch over you all and to give you strength and courage by lifting you up and keeping you close in our hearts & thoughts. 

In her letter to us she believes that it is this place & us that gives her happiness and inspires her that gave her joy and comfort.  Yet I want to say in reply...CatchMine_ID you precious girl,  if I had the privilege to be there beside you even now I would whisper in your ear and you know I would, don't you dare give up you hear me... please wake up and come back to all of us...  For you have given so much more than you have received and there is still so much more that needs to be said and given by you...  Things we can learn from your thoughts that are only yours to give.  You once said I was your Fairy godmother yet it was you and your cheerful and loving nature that like fairy dust sprinkled upon all of us here.  I don't have that kind of power but I know someone who does He hears my prayers and in Him I trust..

Hoping you can feel our love and prayers....:heart: That you will know Somebody's prayin.....

2 hours ago, triplem said:

@CatchMine_ID Please wake up. Sending you love & prayers . You can do this ..we will be waiting. Thank you catchmine's Friend for letting us know. Please keep us posted. 

@packmule3 @staygold @USAFarmgirl Keep our dear girl in your prayers. She pm me her medical condition before , I know it's quite serious. But did not expect this. 

Oh what scary news! Praying for her! Thank you for letting me know.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, CatchMine_ID said:

Don't know what to say but all I can typing now is thank you so much all and I just hope I won't come back here again with any bad news related to her

we hope that you will return with good news catchmine_ID friend. we can feel your worry and pain even as you try to stay strong. sending hugs for you friend.

faith+2012+kdrama+episode+14+lee+min+ho+

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Berou said:

you wanted to meet me at subway... This is what I've been going through for 2 months. Since I've posted and it's public you can go take a look  yourself

Yeah, I wanted to meet you at subways so you can share me your stories. :lol: 

I read your post and it seems the drama was very horrible, but still you were forced to stay there and keep the peace. But some things you wrote make me curious

57 minutes ago, Berou said:

- to add fuel to fire and more negativity, fans of actors/ actress protested a lot and showed their dissatisfaction to the point MBC had to disable the comments bar for YSHee on IG and KSH had to write a letter to appease her fans.

With these reasons stated above, I don't have a good memory about ruler and it'll take me a long time to re-watch(2/3 years ?) if I ever have the desire. It feels like my food got stuck in my throat and I got an indigestion

People protested so hard towards the actresses/actors that they were forced to disable the comment section on IG? :o What the hell is wrong with these people? KSH had to write a letter to appease her fans? What the heck? Well, I can understand that this can become very stressful, especially since you have to stick to these threats no matter what. I wouldn't want to rewatch this either. Seems like you're always at the front line, even if you don't like the drama.

So my gif is pretty close to reality. :lol: 

@BerouWow you even added IG posts afterwards to make it more understandable :D Thank you.

2 hours ago, Berou said:

I was kind of forced to stay since they are no mods around that thread and it had to be monitored, once I stayed away from it and things escalated pretty quickly, I had to come back while I was studying for my finals and I tried to appease to tension.

Sheriff out of town for a few days and suddenly things get out of hand pretty quickly and peeps rumble around in town eh? :lol: 

2 hours ago, Berou said:

I knew you were going to catch the meaty part ^_^. And you've understood me, good no need to explain it lol.

Of course, you should know by now I'm a ladies men. B) Just kidding :ph34r: Before I get smacked again for saying something like this. 

2 hours ago, Berou said:

To understand further :

They really deactivated the comment section completely for stills of her. Wow, it makes me a little sad which power these kind of skirmishes between the shippers have. The poor actress :( 

Just now, Berou said:

At least enough for MBC to protect Yoon So Hee and not let her get hurt. I don't if this kind of situation ever happened before in dramaland.

:o People really are into this, aren't they? Some of them take this really seriously. Some kinds of these comments are really mean, well most of them are targeted towards the writer, but still, this is pretty harsh. i can imagine what happens if a 'war' breaks out between the shippers in these kind of threads. I wonder why people dislike actresses so much.

Ahh......I should be glad to be in the less populated threads, Duel has four episodes left and hasn't passed 25 pages :lol: