Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

mubrJ85.gif

So my fellow Yoo Yeon Sook admirers, My eyes have been finally opened to the charms of uri Yeon Seok ssi.

I first laid eyes on him in Romantic Doctor Kim. (Well, ok, technically I saw him first in Old Boy.. but I mean who actually remembers him in that scene unless they went back and rewatched later, right?).

So as I was saying, when I first saw a young Kang Dong Joo turn into an adult Kang Dong Joo I was like 'Oho.. who are you honey?  '❤️    

Though I liked him enough in the series, he was yet to become one of my oppas. Well, that's because as they say 'there is a time to sow be indifferent and a time to reap fall hopelessly in love. '  After Go Back Couple ended recently, I was craving for more of Son Ho Joon so I finally decided to give the much dreaded Reply 94 a try. (I had been avoiding Reply 94 like the plague ever since I found out that it trolled many people into serious SLS. I thought, you know, why knowingly sign up for heart break?)  hmm.. Funny how things turn out.

Anyway I am so glad I knew Chilbong wasn't the endgame before I sat down to watch the series,  otherwise I would have had some kind of serious trauma I tell you. The scene where Chilbong leaves a voice message for his mother from the payphone - that scene sealed the deal for me. I knew at that moment that he was a puppy I was going to adopt. 

youthoverflowerslaos.jpg

I love it when my favourite actors also turn out to be decent, wonderful human beings. Thanks to Youth Over Flowers Laos (I owe you one @katakwasabi :kiss_closed:), I am now totally charmed by his personality. YYS was thoughtful, caring, resourceful and seemed like such a fun person to hang around or go on trips with.  In addition, I just adore his skinship with Son Ho Joon . :D

I have been watching many of his interviews and I feel like I could sit and listen to him for hours. There is something so soothing about his voice/ the way he narrates a story in talk shows.

Okay, I guess that's it for now. This thread has close to 600 pages.. I've already started back reading from page 1. I am determined to get through every one of them say by about the end of Jan 2018 (approx. 10 pages per day, 60 days).. Yes, I can totally do it. 

Hope to meet many of you guys in the Mr. Sunshine thread next year and spazz over YYS! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to drop by and say, I found this thread via the Yeoniverse Twitter and I wanted to thank the amazing people behind this International Fans Club. I have been looking for a fan community for YYS and I am thrilled to find all of you!

I just saw that the YYS International fan club has previously sent him a fan gift and would love to be a part of that!! :heart:

By the way, I am a Superfan from the Philippines! 

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/yoo-yeon-seok-courted-for-sbs-revenge-melodrama-deal/

Yoo Yeon-seok courted for SBS revenge melodrama Deal

YooYeonSeok1.jpg

Ooh, Yoo Yeon-seok in a revenge drama — I like the sound of that. It might even erase Warm and Cozy from my brain, which would be a nice bonus. Deal is the new project from writer Choi Ho-chul of melodramas Mask and Secret, about one man’s revenge against a chaebol family, described as the male version of Mask. It’s headed to SBS this summer, and Yoo Yeon-seok is considering an offer to headline.

The series will be about a man who has very little by way of money but is very happy in life, until the death of his beloved sibling who was his whole world. He’ll vow to get revenge and then enter a chaebol family to that end, where he’ll meet a woman who has every material wealth but can’t find happiness. The revenge is described as satisfying and ardent, and the love story will be about crossing the divide between social classes and discovering the true worth of love.

The story doesn’t sound very new, and it’s really very similar to Mask in broad strokes, but the revenge element appeals to me a little more. Yoo Yeon-seok can certainly do dark, serious, or smoldering characters well — it’s actually the type he plays more often in films (Haeohwa, Perfect Proposal, The Royal Tailor, to name a few). So it’ll certainly be something to look forward to if he signs on.

Deal is set to follow Entertainer (after Come Back, Ajusshi) on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning in June.

(Does anyone know what happened to this drama?)

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 9:23 PM, hibiscus23 said:

Hello to all who's been following this cute actor! am new on this thread! Reply 1994 brought me here! woah 583 pages & counting? this only goes to show how popular this young actor has been? just started watching RD & can't wait to see the rest! i'm also watching him along with his other friends Baro & my fave Son ho joon, they're all great (together)! luv them in R1994!

i'll try to visit here again nice to find his thread!

@hibiscus23   Hi to you too and all!  If Reply 1994 brought you here,  Romantic Doctor did it for me.  So enamored by his acting that I ended up watching Warm and Cozy too.   I saw him first in the movie Beauty Inside because of Han Hyo Joo.  He was the last of the several personalities and HHJ had to seek him out abroad.   I didn't know YYS then but his role although short made an impact. :)

On 2/19/2017 at 11:32 AM, vvan23 said:

Hi @anjelikaeyes13 , @jjoy84... :)

Just wanna share my experience with yys..Reply introduced me to YYS..i watched without any expectation as its recommended by many..i knew chilbonge was not an endgame..as i did not know him so it s fine...

But chilbong won over me during his conversation with his mother through phone..its so heartbreaking..the rest is history

And Warm and Cozy came..i really enjoy the drama despite received low rating..for me it s a good drama..

Im really happy when RDTK received a good review and rating as YYS effort can be acknowledge from new fans

@vvan23  I haven't watched Reply yet but after watching YYS  in Romantic Doctor I've decided to watch Warm and Cozy next.  I loved it! It's easy and lovely to watch,  I would have given it the title of Warm, Sweet and Cozy!  The team up with Kang Sora was spot on; and who would forget the Mayor? 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! I’m new to this thread! Just wanna say hi to everyone :D and how much I love uri Yoo Yeon Seok since I saw him in Strong Heart and then from there I started to watch his dramas and movies.. I must say that I really like his good personality, and his voice, it is so soothing listening to his voice.. hahaha.. btw, have u guys watch Mr Sunshine? I really adore his character there! He is really good..

ps: hoping that the admin will update his latest works to the bio thanks! 

• 6 months later...

Well I am going to leave my two cents. I have been a fan of his for a while now. I think I first saw him in Gu Family Book. Then I saw him in Reply 1994, which I decided to watch because I enjoyed Answer Me, 1997. But Reply was different and in the end, great character and all, he was heartbroken. And this is coming from someone who NEVER gets second lead syndrome. Although the reply series doesn't quite follow the whole main lead/second lead formula. YYS is such a talent. It's easy to just judge a book by its cover. Yes, he's tall and handsome, but he is also a very skilled actor with good range. I also watched him in a movie called Perfect Proposal, which was also a good watch. So glad to see him with a page here, he is so deserving!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/05/26/yoo-yeon-seok-to-star-in-new-film-puppy/

Yoo Yeon Seok to Star in New Film ‘Puppy’

by krishkim 

Actor Yoo Yeon Seok has confirmed his appearance in the new movie Puppy(literal translation).

On May 26, the actor’s agency, King Kong by Starship, announced, “Yoo Yeon Seok will star as Min Soo in the upcoming movie ‘Puppy.’ Please give him a lot of love and attention.”

The movie Puppy is directed by Kim Joon Hwan, best known for Midnight Runners and The Divine Fury. It tells the story about two men who have to say goodbye to their dog go on a journey to find their new family. Yoo Yeon Seok will play the role of Min Soo, who faces the biggest challenge in his life as he has to say goodbye to his only family, a dog “Loony,” and go on the journey to find a new owner himself.

So far, Yoo Yeon Seok has proven his broad acting spectrum by playing unique characters in each work. He has finished filming and is getting ready to meet the audience with Summit: Steel Rain and New Year’s Eve (literal translation). Also, he recently confirmed his appearance in the musical Werther and the movie Puppy, raising the expectations for his fans.

Yoo Yeok Seok is currently starring in tvN’s Hospital Playlist, once again mesmerizing viewers with his fine performances and friendly charm. Now, the anticipations for a healing story and the chemistry he will show with dogs through Puppy are rising rapidly.

Meanwhile, Puppy will start filming in June.

Source (1)

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha @Lawyerh I see you’ve been camping on this oppa’s thread:D

Yes indeed I think he got a good sense of rhythm so it helped him pick up the drums faster. He said before in an interview he used to play Samulnori (Korean percussion) in school. Drumming is cool of course but when he sings I melt :wub:

I came to learn more about YYS and I found my friends from the other thread.:D

Hola chingus.

I love his looks in the musical "The Hedwig "

I am sure he gave an excellent performance there so the standing ovation he got was well deserved.

I will try to see if is anything in you tube from this musical.

Let's see what i know so far:

He is good looking

Looks a kind warm person

A down to earth personality

Very good actor

Very good performer

Very good singer

Very good kisser

Very good is fanserving( no complains hahaha)

The perfect Jeong Won

is anything else I forgot to write?

Feel free to add more.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:57 PM, kiklaminHo said:

I came to learn more about YYS and I found my friends from the other thread.:D

Hola chingus.

I love his looks in the musical "The Hedwig "

I am sure he gave an excellent performance there so the standing ovation he got was well deserved.

I will try to see if is anything in you tube from this musical.

Let's see what i know so far:

He is good looking

Looks a kind warm person

A down to earth personality

Very good actor

Very good performer

Very good singer

Very good kisser

Very good is fanserving( no complains hahaha)

The perfect Jeong Won

is anything else I forgot to write?

Feel free to add more.

He is an excellent cook, photographer ,boxer, carpenter, cosmetic maker.

He loves backpacking, traveling and he does that mostly alone.

He is really a best example of an adventure seeker.

He is meticulous.

He is very talkative.

If you watch him on youth over flowers you will realise he is a very dependable man who does things confidently and enjoys his fullest.

He has this ability to look like he knows it all and handles it all well but his bestie so ho jun knows he gets anxious and stressed too.

He loves charity work does often.

Hope I told enough but still this fine man has so many talents...

On 6/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, kiklaminHo said:

@Deltay

I have never seen YOF.If its subbed i will watch it.

Just looking at  him you can see that is a person that cares for others.

Glad Hospital Playlist came and gave me the chance to learn more for YYS.

Yepp you can find eng subs easily...also watch coffee friends if u want to see a his caring side he is really a good fine man..

I watched Coffee friends and I had a good time seeing YYS and his friends doing it for a charity purpose .I could not mention the friendship I witness between the actors how the really care for each other and how YYS other friends made the time to come and help their friend.

Kudos to all.

Archived