[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@pegster‌ said: "I do question that when TH asked WY if Ki was worth him giving up his life for, if at that time TH was thinking to himself whether he would be able to do the same, or if he had underestimated WY's love for Ki"

or did TH mean Ki is not worth to be loved as much as WY did?

He should be ashamed if he's not be able to love SN as much as WY. I feel so touched n sad when WY said that he will protect SN till the end even after he died. I think the scriptwriter take this script from JJM's speech when he won an award during the MBC Drama award last december if I'm not mistaken, the dialogue is exactly the same as his speech.

I feel WY's love towards SN, I did feel it. it was really sincere, loyal n noble n he didn't mad at her at all, he didnt mentioned all the good things, his sacrifice, that he had done for her sake. He didnt reiterate the past. Even TH mentioned his kindness of accepting SN as his concubine to SN (although I think maybe thats the only good thing he had done for SN). JJM did a very good work potraying a greatest human lover to SN. He loved her until the end. And I loved it when he always call SN with her old name rather than Nyang Yi like TH did, since I like SN when she was acting like a man almost 6 months ago. If the emotion shown by SN when WY died is not love, then SN must feel so regret, thus she mentioned about repaying the debt n his love n so on. credit for JJM's acting because I didn't know him before (because I only watch HJW's dramas n movies), but EK introduce me to him and I agree he is a very good n excellent actor.

but still, what happen to WY's wife?

@pegster‌ thanks a lot for providing us with early translation all this time. you're truly a legend :-bd

@ben1090 You know part of me during that last exchange between TH and WY thought..WY is really trolling TH with his love for Ki.

Couldn't help it. I started laughing at the thought and then realized WY was dying for real this time and got sad again.

Edited because that really long picture was hard to read.

EK-Trolledforlife-0a.jpg
EK-Trolledforlife-0b.jpg

EK-Trolledforlife-0c.jpg
EK-Trolledforlife-1.jpg

Guest ravendark

rheiuna said: I BET ALL WILL DIE AND GUESS WHAT? AYU IS THE ONLY SURVIVOR HERE... DARNN, THIS IS ME PREPARING FOR THE TRAGIC ENDING!!! ALTHOUGH STILL HOPING IM WRONG :(( :(

Guest Lyly1430292245

I feel really bad for Wang Yoo, but I'm surprised that WY-SN shippers remain in denial for so long. Well, she has, for many times, shown her love for Ta Hwan, either with her actions or her words (yes she doesn't say "I love you" to him, but do you need "I love you" to know someone is in love with you? And she doesn't say "I love you" to Wang Yoo either :|). 
Since the drama is called "Empress Ki", I have prepared for the day she changes her heart from the start. 
I'm also tired of how people argue who deserves her love. I'm sure if there is a competition for the best man that deserves Yang Yi, then Wang Yoo would always win over Ta Hwan (but I'm not sure 'bout the result if Tal Tal participates, kekekeke). He's noble, smarter, wiser, better at martial arts.. 
But does it matter? Since the assumed death of Maha, Yang Yi has considered her old self dead and come to Ta Hwan. She moved on. It's not her fault that Wang Yoo could not forget her and move on. Why are people angry at her for falling in love with Ta Hwan? Despite his imperfections, he did sacrifice himself for her several times. He declared that she was the most important person in his life. It wouldn't be unnatural for any woman to fall for someone like that. 
Having said that, I have to say that I admire WY-SN for their perseverance. I mean the writers have been so unfair to Wang Yoo (but again it's not Yang Yi's fault, blame Ta Hwan or whoever, but my Yang Yi is not to blame for moving on). They make him so noble, so perfect, they even bring his son to "life", only to kill them both. I would never imagine such a tragic ending for him.
But I guess the writers... don't care. I used to think I have such a strong heart to endure so much heartache and headaches watching this drama. Yet I guess the writers' hearts are even stronger. They have created many jaw-dropping situations that make people mad, yet they don't give in and continue to throw even more shocking events. How can they survive all the blames and insults? "They must have a brain tumour," "crazy writers", "the writers are sadists".... =)))) LOL I want to have a heart as strong as theirs. But they are successful, people are mad but they can't stop watching. Let give them a big hand now that the show is coming to an end soon. 
One thing that I'm 100% sure of: I will miss you guys terribly after this. It is a long but fun journey for me. I love your humorous comments as much as your insight ones. Wish you all the best! 

CORRECTION: I just read on Baidu, there was a major error with one of the dialogues in the Csubs, and the fans there provided the correction, so I'm updating it here:
TH: Is it worth it?  Enough to give up your life?  Seung-Nyang to you, is she worth it for you to do this?

That line should be something like this instead:
TH: To this extent?  Enough for you to give up your life? Seung-Nyang to you, is she someone who you would go to this extent for?
The difference in these translations conveys a completely different meaning.  

Guest ReyamA

onnieeees good luck todayyy .. iam not coming here tonight cuz i want to watch the episode with eng sub . soo fighting everyone .. i hope that SN dies .. so she will be with maha and the king .. 

pegster said: CORRECTION: I just read on Baidu, there was a major error with one of the dialogues in the Csubs, and the fans there provided the correction, so I'm updating it here:
TH: Is it worth it?  Enough to give up your life?  Seung-Nyang to you, is she worth it for you to do this?

That line should be something like this instead:
TH: To this extent?  Enough for you to give up your life? Seung-Nyang to you, is she someone who you would go to this extent for?
The difference in these translations conveys a completely different meaning.  

Guest truong.michelle

To people saying WY got ripped off an episode, I don't think he got ripped off as such. TH didn't get introduced until the end of ep 2 as well, so WY got 1-50 and TH got 2-51. Seems fair?

@kdcgtj I think your question would be answered in today's episode. Seeing how far WY was willing to go, TH will ask himself this same question. I think in a way, he will be able to confirm his love for Ki. Is it more or less of that that WY holds?

Somehow this feels like the wrong way to go about it, it's like its his own pride that is pushign him that far.

diana76 said: avocado said: @Cherkell, as far i know,the last filming scene is not has to be the last drama scene, in jumong they showed the special bts about last filming scene that was not the last drama scene,and usually the whole production team get teary eyed for say farewell to each other after get close for many months...were Jcw and Hjw cry a little too?

Guest Nayuki Tran

@valvasa mm as a Th shipper, its not right of me to say this but the Northcapen650 yrs later cf should be for Sn and Wy. They r the couple who need to reunite. His death was so tragic. That was the saddedt monen when Wn holds him and cry her eyes out. Thats e true love, selfless and eternal

TQ so much for all the spoilers and comments, am really grateful being able to join this forum. 
My family and I are quite alone here following EK online as none in my community here watch either RAW or with Eng subs (English is only as our 2nd language). EK subbed in our local language may reach us and aired very much later, or probably not at all!
Its a beautiful drama, the casts are splendid, the costumes and culture.. learnt a great deal from watching this drama.... hope to join again in another exciting kdrama... bye..

Guest x1102107

we're finally here...the final episodes...back then when i started this drama i always thought 50 ep will be a really long rides...when they give us a really nerve wrecking cliff-hanger i always thought to myself how am i going to survive this for months...luckily i found this thread...i'd like to thanks everyone for accompanying me throughout this journey....with this thread months of EK really felt like nothing...i wish for more EK but well thats impossible...*sigh i'm contemplating whether to watch final episode raw or to wait for eng subs...but i might watch it anyway because my hand wold be to itchy to search for spoilers..hahahahaha...