25 minutes ago, budgerie said:

So he is going to jump from 1 drama to the next without rest. -_- The lead girl looks nice. Of all his drama, the lead girl I couldn't stand the most is WOL. :grimace:

For JH’s sake I went to look up the lead actress in this new show. Soo Young also had her fair share of struggles in acting due to the idol label (I think Koreans seem to really dislike it when idols act, only a few have really crossed over well like IU) but I’m watching this show of hers now called My Spring Days (if anyone is interested to check it out) and it’s actually a very heartwarming drama about transplant. She won an excellence award for that role and she’s pretty endearing in it. In that show she acted with someone 20 years her senior and still did well. Not sure how she will fare playing a tough detective in this new drama, but given that she’s his fan too I hope they will have good on-screen chemistry! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nyk said:

you guys think  there will be romance for this drama? I hope not (even though I want)

actually i find the lead girls who are very tall don't much match with him. haha just my opinion though.

Not in an OCN crime/thriller. I hope they have good working chemistry though.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh! I wonder if he is filming both dramas concurrently? Then does it mean he will be keeping that hairstyle for the profiler??

I dont think he has joined filming yet, maybe they’re filming the serial killer portion first ?

18 minutes ago, nyk said:

you guys think  there will be romance for this drama? I hope not (even though I want)

actually i find the lead girls who are very tall don't much match with him. haha just my opinion though.

Typically OCN dramas do not have romance so u don’t have to worry 

48 minutes ago, budgerie said:

So he is going to jump from 1 drama to the next without rest. -_- The lead girl looks nice. Of all his drama, the lead girl I couldn't stand the most is WOL. :grimace:

I think they’re all waiting for him

to wrap up My Country now, I didn’t expect it to shoot for so long since it started in March 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh! I wonder if he is filming both dramas concurrently? Then does it mean he will be keeping that hairstyle for the profiler??

Hahahaha we are so concerned about his hairstyle :joy:

17 minutes ago, nyk said:

I have absolutely no idea too, has anyone watched OCN dramas before? Have they had romance in their shows? I always thought OCN dramas would be full-on dark mode. It’s labelled as a psychological thriller though haha. If you guys watch english dramas, I am hoping his character would be more like Simon Baker from The Mentalist, or Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock (both whom were eccentric but cool/suave), rather than Hugh Laurie from Dr House (Who was always bad tempered and sarcastic but a genius) 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Someone complained that I was inconsiderate to share the translated news of My Country on FB, as it contained spoilers for the latest episode which she hasn’t watched yet. Well can’t she stop reading when the article said “In the episode aired on Nov 2 ....” ? Aaaargh ... 

• Confused 2
  • LOL 3

Just now, The Reel Life said:

Hahahaha we are so concerned about his hairstyle 

:lol:We are spoilt for choice. He has had so many different hairstyles in dramas. 

2 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

have absolutely no idea too, has anyone watched OCN dramas before? Have they had romance in their shows? I always thought OCN dramas would be full-on dark mode.

They do have some romance but not the main focus, I have watched Black (Song Seung Heun and Go Ara ) and the Priest , both have romance in it despite the dark theme. Even "Signal" has romance in it. A cute one between Choi Jin  Woong and Kim Hye soo.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Please no! Not that flat straight hairstyle. :triumph:

27 minutes ago, nyk said:

Oh, is she taller than JH? I don't mind romance as in courtship couple but they still have their everyday work to do. I only don't like too much of I love you..You love me...I miss you ....You miss me....that kind of plot. 

26 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

but given that she’s his fan too I hope they will have good on-screen chemistry! 

So many people wants to work with him and is also his fan. This shows his status in the Industry. 

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Someone complained that I was inconsiderate to share the translated news of My Country on FB, as it contained spoilers for the latest episode which she hasn’t watched yet. Well can’t she stop reading when the article said “In the episode aired on Nov 2 ....” ? Aaaargh ... 

I just cannot comprehend some people. She can choose not to watch or read.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I remembered when Money flower was airing, you avoided all social media before watching the eps because you knew you wouldn't be able to avoid seeing spoilers being posted. 

We won't know when someone has finished watching the latest ep. On the day of broadcast ? The next day? 3 days later? So when is a good time to share?  Haha! I don't understand why you are inconsiderate.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I think it's not your fault. The news is even out right after the episode ended. so it's okay to post.

We can't wait until everyone watched then you can post or even tweet. 

It's our choice to read or not read. Maybe you give a warning like 'SPOILER' to avoid future complaints.

Please don't stop sharing. I like reading. haha :wub:

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh, is she taller than JH? I don't mind romance as in courtship couple but they still have their everyday work to do. I only don't like too much of I love you..You love me...I miss you ....You miss me....that kind of plot. 

I think she's very tall (170 cm). probably when standing next to him both will be like the same height and taller if wearing high heals.  

However, this doesn't mean I dislike tall girls though.

• Like 2

Jang Hyuk has previously produced numerous masterpieces, including the drama "Chuno" and "Money Flower." Attention is drawn to whether "My Country" will also become a representative work in his career.

I get annoyed when the focus is on Chuno too much. Yes, Chuno was his 1st life work as many people say it. But Chuno was a good 9 years ago. In these 9 years, he didn't have any more master piece or life work? What about Beautiful Mind?

Thankfully, according to Sidus, it is felt that Money Flower has been recorded as his life work or master piece as well. And I hope My Country will be recorded too. I dislike it so much that when Jang Hyuk is mentioned, it is auto link to Chuno (Dae Gil). Hey, he got more master pieces than this. 

On a side note, I really like Bad Papa. Some may not like the genre of the drama but I like Ji Cheol and his struggles as a breadwinner, as a father to a teenage daughter and his estranged relationship with wife. It is a very realistic story that happens in real life too. 

Is it too much to ask - that he will do another Yi Bang Won project? Solely on the life of Yi Bang Won? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

The lead girl looks nice. Of all his drama, the lead girl I couldn't stand the most is WOL. :grimace:

Isn't it amazing despite being about same age as Park So Dam she looks quiet mature.

56 minutes ago, nyk said:

Lee Hana was even taller than Sooyoung. There is little chance for romance in an OCN drama though I hope there is lot of character development.

30 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Lol. Her fault not yours. Spoilers for latest episodes are everywhere so better she should control her fingers and eyes. JH himself was accused of posting spoilers on his IG.:D

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Jang Hyuk has previously produced numerous masterpieces, including the drama "Chuno" and "Money Flower." Attention is drawn to whether "My Country" will also become a representative work in his career.

I get annoyed when the focus is on Chuno too much. Yes, Chuno was his 1st life work as many people say it. But Chuno was a good 9 years ago. In these 9 years, he didn't have any more master piece or life work? What about Beautiful Mind?

Thankfully, according to Sidus, it is felt that Money Flower has been recorded as his life work or master piece as well. And I hope My Country will be recorded too. I dislike it so much that when Jang Hyuk is mentioned, it is auto link to Chuno (Dae Gil). Hey, he got more master pieces than this. 

On a side note, I really like Bad Papa. Some may not like the genre of the drama but I like Ji Cheol and his struggles as a breadwinner, as a father to a teenage daughter and his estranged relationship with wife. It is a very realistic story that happens in real life too. 

Is it too much to ask - that he will do another Yi Bang Won project? Solely on the life of Yi Bang Won? 

yes I am annoyed too. some times the articles mention like he succeeded once only in Chuno.

Like they never watched his other dramas before. haha  Although some of his dramas don't have high ratings 

but his acting is not bad in those dramas. sigh..

I like Bad Papa too. I often go back to re-watch his parts.

I want him to play a very powerful magnificent and sexy character like this and he doesn't have to be YBW but the story focuses on him.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, nyk said:

I think she's very tall (170 cm). probably when standing next to him both will be like the same height and taller if wearing high heals. 

If she is a detective and needs to run around, she won't be wearing heels. :sweat_smile:

5 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Isn't it amazing despite being about same age as Park So Dam she looks quiet mature.

Really? Didn't know her age but she does have a mature look for her age compared to PSD. Honest, I didn't like PSD pairing with JH in BM. The makeup artiste didn't do a good job making her look older a little since Lee Young Oh is not a young man there. To me it looked like Young Oh is dating a student and I kind of feel uncomfortable when he was kissing her at the hosp bed. 

However, the pretty girls he was paired with, unfortunately some can't act. The actress of Midas. The actress of Tree. The actress of Gaekju. 

• Like 1

Just now, nyk said:

yes I am annoyed too. some times the articles mention like he succeeded once only in Chuno.

Like they never watched his other dramas before. haha  Although some of his dramas don't have high ratings 

but his acting is not bad in those dramas. sigh..

It's alright. Most of the actors are associated with only one or two works of their life-time. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Isn't it amazing despite being about same age as Park So Dam she looks quiet mature

Park So Dam looks soooooo young for her age while Soo Young looks just her age. I have a feeling it will be a good pairing! 

Aside from JNR whom he had wonderful chemistry with, I actually felt that he had good chemistry with Park Se Young too. Despite little confessions of love or physical touches, they managed to convey deep longing for each other in the show. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, nyk said:

However, this doesn't mean I dislike tall girls though.

Yeah as @fiesty8001 mentioned Lee Hana is even taller but we don’t feel it when watching the show. I think JH’s screen presence will override any height issues haha 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

56 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Beautiful Mind was great! And Im sure its a very special project for him but it had terrible ratings so it will never be considered a “lifes work” by the industry. To this day, Chuno is his biggest success in all aspects, in terms of ratings, popularity, awards, reviews, etc. This is the only drama for which he won Daesang (although he absolutely should’ve gotten it for Money Flower) For all other dramas, if they had good/decent ratings, his acting got bad or mixed reviews or if he got good reviews, no one watched it (like Beautiful Mind or Bad Papa) so after Chuno, the next drama that earned him a combination of good reviews + ratings was Money Flower. I think that’s why they call it his second “Life’s work”.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Ok I remembered your post and went to rewatch that scene. That guy was hit by a first arrow to his chest while he was on the horse. Then he fell and got up, he went on to stab Yeon. At this point of time Hwi released a second arrow, but it flew too slow and only hit that guy’s eye after the sister was stabbed. So both arrows are from Hwi. 

Oh, you know what? Both you and budgerie are right. I watched it again and I thought the moment he pulled the sword out of her was when he was hit by the arrow to the chest. But looking closer at the moments before, I now see he was hit by it when he was on the horse... I was asking because I thought that YBW was somehow responsible for the second arrow, which would have been silly :) I guess I'm that desparate for JH to do some action in this show that I'm imagining things now :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2