39 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

However, after losing his lover, he disappeared and left his job

So both the profiler and killer disappeared?  I wonder where did they manage to find him and got him back on the job? Hope it won't be too predictable.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

So both the profiler and killer disappeared?  I wonder where did they manage to find him and got him back on the job? Hope it won't be too predictable.

The drama cynic in me can almost predict this haha. Someone will come to him and say that they really need his expertise to track down a killer, that he is the only one who can help them and beg him for it. He will not care, until he hears that the killer sounds like the one that killed his fiance, or has similarities to the case of his fiance. And knowing that he has an opportunity to track him/her down, he quickly jumps on it and comes back to the team... hahahahaha... 

The killer didn't disappear by the way, I think the synopsis says that the killed is thought to be dead or something like that!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

No, this one is from the Japanese fan page that was shot earlier, before that unbuttoned shirt thingee.

Oh, so it's his "white shirt white pants" era? It's a very good era to be in   Love the style. He also wore a white shirt  for the PSA thing he did with the other guys from Sidus... 

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Ratings are better when he looks good in his dramas. My shallow self thinks if he had better style in Beautiful Mind the ratings would also have been better.

This is also what I was thinking- that and if the female lead wasn't so annoying in the first episode. She became so much better later on... 

But mostly it was JH's hair :) 

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

But I read somewhere his current description calls him a recluse/hermit, I feel like I'd take arrogance any day if it means he is more active rather than recluse/angsty/bitter hahaha. 

And on that point in the article on "new change in acting" or bring about "an acting we've never seen before", I too was initially also excited but then again I wondered - sounds like a line that every production says when they promote a new drama. Haha. So I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt and trust JH personally on this and not what the production says. LOL.

I never understand the synopsis given to kdramas- they are so vague and give very odd information. We're getting different description every new article! I hope that whatever it is- JH will work his magic and make this character interesting and human. And the language they use is very strange and flowery- maybe it's the translation from Korean...

JH never said anything against Voice that I know of, but I always wondered if he also had problems with how his character was written and if that was the real reason why he didn't continue to season 2.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I also don't understand why do you dislike Fated to Love You?:w00t:

I think they are mutually exclusive, ppl who like Voice wont like FTLY and vice versa ??

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Sorry I don't pay attention to ratings but is the rating for Bad Papa also bad? 

Since you do not know then ignorant is bliss :)

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH never said anything against Voice that I know of, but I always wondered if he also had problems with how his character was written and if that was the real reason why he didn't continue to season 2.

Since when had he ever said anything bad against any of his works?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

39 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

The drama cynic in me can almost predict this haha. Someone will come to him and say that they really need his expertise to track down a killer, that he is the only one who can help them and beg him for it. He will not care, until he hears that the killer sounds like the one that killed his fiance, or has similarities to the case of his fiance. And knowing that he has an opportunity to track him/her down, he quickly jumps on it and comes back to the team... hahahahaha... 

The killer didn't disappear by the way, I think the synopsis says that the killed is thought to be dead or something like that!

Ever since MC, fans are now able to play Director as well. We got lots of practice from MC drama. 

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:
This is also what I was thinking- that and if the female lead wasn't so annoying in the first episode. She became so much better later on... 

But mostly it was JH's hair :) 

Did you also find her character annoying? Thought was only me. Feel like knocking the Writer's head! But I think JH hair was ok for his role as Young Oh. The hair that I couldn't stand was FTLY longer hair. Urban Cop hair. Iris hair. Voice hair. WOL hair. Bad Papa was ok for me except that the front was cut too short. 

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH never talked bad about any projects, any Directors.

I just have a feeling that he is going to work as much as he can (now) while he can still find work. Remember his interview, he said it will be harder to find work when age catches up. In K industry, probably men in their 40s are considered ahjusshi already. The audience only want to see 20s flower boys perhaps. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I think they are mutually exclusive, ppl who like Voice wont like FTLY and vice versa ??

Since you do not know then ignorant is bliss :)

Oh, is it you also feel the plot too draggy for FTLY?

Tell me tell me! Is it bad? I love Bad Papa. But Ji Cheol is a very "silent" person. In real life it would be very difficult to communicate with such a person who keeps everything to himself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, budgerie said:

Oh, is it you also feel the plot too draggy for FTLY?

Tell me tell me! Is it bad? I love Bad Papa. But Ji Cheol is a very "silent" person. In real life it would be very difficult to communicate with such a person who keeps everything to himself. 

I just find it silly haha. In general I hate comedies and romance dramas. I prefer angsty and action types.

• LOL 2

@budgerie Here's the steps to change your profile pic to Pil joo.:)

1. At the top right corner of the homepage, click on your username and select "Profile" from the drop-down list.
  2. On your profile page, click on the "Profile Photo" icon on your profile photo:

Screenshot_2019-09-26_at_3.50.01_PM.png

3. You can choose to upload a photo from your computer, or import from an URL.
  4. Click "Continue". Adjust the size of your photo if needed.
  5. Click "Save".
You must log out and log in again for your avatar to be updated on your posts. 

NOTE: Your photo must be no larger than 0.49MB. You can upload a JPG, JPEG, JPE, GIF, or PNG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

someone tweeted that he looked like a vampire who just had a good feast and was sleeping. Lol!!

So true haha, but I also think it can look like he really fell asleep LOL. I am recalling the time he was in a variety show, on the bus he tried reading his script but ended up falling asleep! 

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I never understand the synopsis given to kdramas- they are so vague and give very odd information. We're getting different description every new article! I hope that whatever it is- JH will work his magic and make this character interesting and human. And the language they use is very strange and flowery- maybe it's the translation from Korean...

Yes it's the translation and also the cultural way of speaking that makes the article translations seem odd to us. And yes, not many synopsis are interesting, unless the premise itself is unique. Case in point, I was watching this drama called Romance is a Bonus Book earlier this year and the synopsis was the most boring write-up ever! But I still watched it for the actors, and turns out the show was a wonderfully warm drama, beautifully executed, touching script, and very well acted (in my opinion hehe). I am hoping this is the case for the dime-in-a-dozen synopsis we're reading of JH's new drama.

And someone mentioned that hopefully JH will be wearing suits and not the large bulky coats he wore in Voice - I really hope so too, the large puffy coats just didn't show off his strong physique... but but but... it's winter time and I don't think profilers wear suits hmm? Especially not a recluse profiler... :tears: I think I would be grateful if he wore properly sized sweaters and turtlenecks. Turtlenecks look great on most people, what more JH :wub: (can't find a good picture of him in a turtleneck....)

Think this would be a good look for him for the show:

aak_janghyuk.jpg

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

winter time and I don't think profilers wear suits hmm? Especially not a recluse profiler... :tears: I think I would be grateful if he wore properly sized sweaters and turtlenecks. Turtlenecks look great on most people, what more JH :wub: (can't find a good picture of him in a turtleneck....)

As long as he doesn't wear Detective Moo's style...I think he will look great in the style below..haha!

Screenshot-20191104-201433-Instagram.jpgScreenshot-20191104-201230-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20191104-201306-Instagram.jpg
20191104-201902.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Maybe we will get 2 hairstyles for him in the new drama? One long hair in the beginning as the eccentric recluse, and a shorter one after he went back to work to chase down the killer?

So long beard at first  and later clean shaven with light stubble? :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

he looked like a vampire who just had a good feast and was sleeping. Lol!! But really very handsome..sigh..

B612-20191104-181636-073.jpg

You don't mind this vampire come and suck your blood every night right? Hahaha! :DMaybe he is really taking a nap. Morning wake up too early to do exercise. 

Actually I am amazed by him. This man doesn't need to sleep? I remember reading an interview where he was asked when does he have free time for himself? He replied at dawn. He will watch DVD. So he watched DVD and exercise when the whole house is still asleep. Doesn't his jumping rope wake people up? He lives in condo right? Surely downstairs will hear his rope sound. 

Before his daughter was born, the 4 of them sleep on the same bed. I assume korean style bed is big enough for 4 people. I can't imagine if it is 5 people sleep together now. Abit crowded and no privacy for papa Hyuk and mummy Kim....hahaha!   

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

@budgerie Here's the steps to change your profile pic to Pil joo.:)

Thank you thank you @azureblue7you have always been very helpful to (me) this computer tortoise. When you see Pil Joo photo up there means I got it correct. Now I can't find the photo that I wanted. :grimace: Is it possible to upload a photo from this forum? Pil Joo photo...I can't find it in my device. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I just find it silly haha. In general I hate comedies and romance dramas. I prefer angsty and action types.

I would rather prefer 'silly' dramas which are committed to the silliness instead of 'stupid' detective dramas.

• LOL 2

47 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Maybe we will get 2 hairstyles for him in the new drama? One long hair in the beginning as the eccentric recluse, and a shorter one after he went back to work to chase down the killer?

Very very possible - I think you could be right! Korean dramas just love to do such before and after transformations LOL. But oh no, does that mean people will be turned off by any potential bad hair in the beginning and not watch the drama after he comes out with the handsome new hairstyle post-recluse life hahahaha. :lol: *jokes*

If it's long hair, please let him tie it up into a ponytail! 

9e2dbd09294986b3d44fa30df3c3b19c--long-h

• Like 2
  • Love 1