Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

1 hour ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 awww thanks for the gifs. I really like them.

Especially these ones :

It makes me want to watch again imaginary cat.

Hide contents

yeah those my faves too!! :wub: 

awwwwwwww thank you sooooooooo much for the subbed interview!! :wub: hardly I can find subbed interviews, I end up watching understanding nothing much but only look at him with a big smile fangirling over him and laugh whenever he laugh :wub: now I got to fangirl over him :love: and laugh while knowing more about him too!! :D:wub: 

he's soooooooo cute :wub: and loved how he braught his cats to his parents home so they won't feel lonely when he's away doing his military service awwww :heart: and he won't tell his secrets no matter what!! :lol: they are called secrets for a reason and will remain secrets!! hhhhhh and his promise to his mother to never sing publically was and still kept!! hhhhhhhhhh he's mother is his only and faithful litener!! hhhh :wub: I kept on replaying the interview several times!! :lol::wub: 

• Like 2

@Berou yeah I know, I heard him with IU and now thanks to you I saw him singing again :D:wub: so he still sing in fan meetings or that was the last time?!! hhhhhhh and he can play on keyboard?!! :wub:  I was clapping with the other fans on the video!! :D:wub: hhhhh how adorable when he started laughing at the middle of singing!! :wub: hhhhh he was out of breath hhhhhh :wub: but was wondering about 4:12-4:13? :huh: 

• Like 2

@Berou but he did really well with as much as he learned :wub: and yeah I can see how hard it was for him, he couldn't rise his head and eyes for a while to face his fans!! awwww :wub: he did really well and deserved all the clapping!! :wub: wondering will he sing in his coming fan meeting?!! :D 

it could be...

• Like 3

July 23, 2017

[INTERVIEW] Yoo Seung-ho sheds child actor image with 'The Emperor' 

111(115).jpg 
Actor Yoo Seung-ho poses prior to the interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Wednesday. / Courtesy of SAN Entertainment

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

Actor Yoo Seung, 23, who took the role of Crown Prince Yi Sun in the recently ended MBC fantasy period drama "The Emperor: Owner of the Mask," has been one of the few child stars who has grown into a successful actors as an adult.

Although the drama received some criticism for its plot, the Wednesday-Thursday drama, helped by Yoo's great acting, did well in the ratings, closing with over a 14 percent viewership and maintaining the top place until the last episode.

The drama has been also a springboard for Yoo to completely shed the cute child actor image of "The Way Home," (2002) where he played a young city boy who learns to appreciate country life while spending summer with his deaf and mute grandmother. 

In the drama, Crown Prince Yi, who had to hide his identity by wearing a mask from birth, fights against the organization, Pyeonsoohwe, which controls the country, by manipulating the king through its monopoly on the nation's water supply and taking over the throne. 

Yoo says "The Emperor" has brought back his confidence as an actor.

"After I completed military service, the two films I starred in _ "The Magician" and "Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River" _ didn't do well at the box office. I felt responsible as a lead actor for the outcome and for a while I was worried about what I should do next to bring commercial success," he said during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Wednesday. "After The Emperor, I now think about what I should do to hear from others that I have done as well as in this one. I used to feel that I fell short in playing a grownup role, but after I got into Yi's character, I recovered my confidence as an actor."

So many young male actors have played crown prince roles and many of them including Park Bo-gum of "Love in the Moonlight" shot to instant stardom with such roles. Through Yi, Yoo wanted to portray what kind of a leader the country should have.

"Yi frequently says ‘for the people' in this drama. I thought that Korea needs such a leader who listens to the voice of the people," said the actor. "Before, I paid little attention to politics like many others. After all these recent events in politics, I couldn't agree more with a quote from the film ‘V for Vendetta,' which states: ‘Since mankind's dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power.'

"The Emperor" began filming while the country was going through the impeachment of former President Park Geun-hye and its first episode premiered May 10.

"I then asked myself what have I done, and reached the conclusion that I should also deliver a message through my project," Yoo said.

In many post-army projects, Yoo has taken roles with twisted fates. In his 2005 work "Remember: War of the Son" he played the role of a son who had to prove the innocence of his father, who was wrongfully convicted of murder and awaits execution. In "The Emperor" his father, the King, is murdered by the head of Pyeonsoohwe.

"I found such characters interesting to play. But now I feel the need to expand my acting spectrum. I plan to work on lighter projects such as romantic comedies or melodramas," he said.

Regarding his past career as a child actor who debuted in the drama "Daddy Fish" in 2000, Yoo said he didn't like acting. "When I was young, I didn't like my work. Actually it is rather recently that I truly discovered the fun in acting. Each cut is put together to make a scene, and the scenes are then made into the drama. And I appreciate the fact that I'm taking part in the process and realize more than ever that my acting has great impact on the drama's outcome and viewers. This development might be how I can become a true actor," he said.

Unlike many of his colleagues, Yoo doesn't have any social network service accounts. He doesn't appear on TV variety shows or have many celebrity friends either.

"When I'm not shooting dramas or films, my personal life isn't anything special. I don't leave my house for a week or I just help out my friend on his farm," said the actor, explaining why his personal life is not revealed on social media. "There's nothing special enough for me to share on social media and taking selfies and pictures of food makes me cringe."

Yoo who says he doesn't want to enjoy "overnight stardom" added, "It is great my work receives strong responses and as a result I can enjoy popularity. But, that is not my purpose in acting. Money or fame is not my priority. I want to become an actor who can continue his career for a long time."

jinhai@ktimes.com

• Like 7

"Because Yoo Seung Ho has not appeared in variety shows until now, he was asked if he would appear on “Three Meals a Day.” “I can do the labor they ask me to do, but I’m afraid they’ll get mad at me for not talking (laughs). I’ll work hard on my dramas and movies.”"

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/23/yoo-seung-ho-opens-love-life-growing-child-actor/

hhhhhhhhhh this is Yoo Seung Ho!! :wub: no one can get mad at you!! :wub: 

• Like 3

I would die if he appears on Three Meals A Day ahahah! Lee Seo Jin is also a very quiet person but he talks a lot to those he is close with. He is a grumpy man, which makes him hilarious. If YSH & LSJ are ever in the same room, it'll definitely be an interesting dynamic LOL 

@sakura2016 ahahah I agree! WHO COULD EVER BE MAD AT A GEM LIKE HIM (:

• Like 4

@joyspartace never watched that variety show but heard alot about it and I'd love it if he appears on that show :wub: hhhhhh but from what I saw of Yoo Seung Ho he's tooooooo shy to really go there!! 

really, he's too sweet and adorable and thaughtful that people fall for him left and right, no way anyone can fall for him!! :wub: 

• Like 2

@sakura2016 most unexpected stars who rarely go to variety shows guest stars on 3MAD so maybe one day but YSH is still comfortable doing what he loves with his own friends and farming on his own. I rather have him enjoy time to himself so he can rest easy and don't worry about stuff. but it would be cool if he does go there, the variety show is pretty comfortably as they don't do much stuff except cook and farm LOL

ahahaha yes! always falling for YSH!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 if you want to watch past vlives of YSH and kill your time of waiting ^^

http://m.vlive.tv/video/9076

http://m.vlive.tv/video/9701

I'm watching the VLive videos and was planning on making a comment after I finish both but he's SOOOOOOOO ADORABLY CUTE like a little kid being terrified of the item he touch without looking and saying it's hair, a wig!! awwwwwwwwwwww cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: 

thank you soooooooooo much chingu for sharing them with me!! :heart: back to finish watching them now!! :tongue::D 

• Like 1

I just finished the VLive and I'm dying!! oh my heart, that was too much for my weak heart!! awwwwwwwwww "Noona, see me in your dream" and heart shot...how did I survive that :love::heart: and he's supper cute looking exhausted after doing the fans wishes!! and his great daring action to win fans hearts is a heart he was hidding in his pocket?!! :lol::wub::wub::wub: he was really too comfortable in Ruler's VLive then giving all those hearts!! hhhhhh :wub::wub::wub: and many people are wishing to see his bare body hhhhhhhh :wink::tongue: 

3 hours ago, nammminn said:

I just started watching Emperor he's quite good looking and a great actor. They way he portrays an actors is very nice like you can feel the emotion!

awww you started it now?!! happy to know that!! :D he was really great and good looking :love::heart: you'll love him more and more through every new episode that I couldn't believe it's possible!! :heart: 

• Like 1

most recently, So Ji Sub has mentioned about YSH. Citing as sometimes he wonders if they both still resemble each other. I believe he also mentions how it is lovely to watch YSH grow up so well. he still stays in touch with him. 

KSH also mentions how she still communicates w/ YSH & L in their group chat. She would have endless notifications on her phone. she also mentions how she didn't expect to get along so well w/ the both of them. the group chat was awkward at first because she kept writing out honorifics when she chats with them but now it's comfortable. she compliments how kind and caring both of them are. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

awww you started it now?!! happy to know that!! :D he was really great and good looking :love::heart: you'll love him more and more through every new episode that I couldn't believe it's possible!! :heart: 

yeahh i normally wait til the drama is done then i just binge watch im like halfway done :D:D it is so true!!! he has this charm about him! 

• Like 3