Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

33 minutes ago, Berou said:

I read what was posted at the shippers thread. Did he really say it is dangerous to answer now, he'll give his answer one year later ? I don't know anymore what is true.

I don't know if shippers are aware, it's forbidden to post untrue information or spread fake one. So I need this to get sorted out as I know that thread is followed by many.

Hm..as far as I know since I do follow that thread whenever I can, it was one of the translations provided. However, I also do not know how true it was. Originally i thought the translations came from a reliable source. But..if fans were the ones translating it, it would have had to be that their understanding of the korean language has to be fluent otherwise, what we read would only be a rough translations which then means the source and translations are not credible or accurately interpreted. This then mean the information were more stretched out.

Hm..i am sure shippers are aware of the rules but i think they too do not know what is real or not. I think it is not their intention to spread anything fake or post untrue information. They may just be like me, since my korean is very super limited..rely on other resources and people to translate for us..so we have no idea which is more credible. However, i think a little reminder is good too just in case some shippers are fairly new and was not fully aware :)

• Like 3

@Berou I can positively say that I still haven't read an article about his comment "I will answer 1 year later" I've tried searching for it but it wasn't there. Unless a new one popped out without my knowledge, I still haven't seen it. I believe it was started by a user on twitter who posted their translation about it. I agree with you about misleading information. That's why I try to translate what I can once I know it's 100% what the article says. 

• Like 3

@vangsweetie637 like you I love him more and more the more I know about him :wub: I love his honesty and how humble and thaughtful he is :heart: I admire and respect his choices and decisions and we can see he's someone who learned and grew to know what he wants and go for it and I'm happy as long as he's happy :wub: I want to know how he's doing while he's not doing any projects in between but if he's happy the way he's leading his life than I'm happy for him and will wait for him till he decide on a new project and we get to see more of him!! :D 

did you read this interview of him when he was still in his 5th grade?!! he was really impressive with his mature answers!! :heart: 

@joyspartace me too!! I didn't see any article where he said he'll answer a year later!! I read 15 articles I think and no one had such an answer!! 

• Like 4

@sakura2016 so I'm not crazy??? ahahah! I knew I didn't read it! My Korean may be rough but I grew up with the language so I would know if saw an article about it. I was a bit excited about the "translation" but then I kept thinking WHERE WAS IT?! Because I wanted to read it myself. But it's literally no where. that's when I knew I fell into another misleading information trap LOL / if it weren't for my grandma's bad eyes - i would tell her to translate for me LOL ahahaha 

@kimchigal2 ahhhh thank you so much! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Berou said:

I read what was posted at the shippers thread. Did he really say it is dangerous to answer now, he'll give his answer one year later ? I don't know anymore what is true.

I don't know if shippers are aware, it's forbidden to post untrue information or spread fake one. So I need this to get sorted out as I know that thread is followed by many.

Yes - he did say that he will answer in 1 year if he was shaken by KSH while acting with her.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003580803

Article source: OSEN news.

[인터뷰①] '군주' 유승호 "김소현에 설렌 적? 1년 후에 답할게요"

Headlines: Ruler's Yoo Seung Ho. " Was I moved by Kim So Hyun? I will answer in 1 year's time.

김소현을 가리켜 “동생이 아닌, 같은 배를 탄 동료, 배우로서 믿고 편하게 연기할 수 있는 배우”라고 극찬을 쏟아내던 유승호는 그와 펼친 키스신을 언급하는 질문을 받고 금세 쑥스러워했다. 유승호는 “사실 키스라고 하기도 뭐하고 입맞춤이었다”고 말해 듣는 이를 폭소하게 만들었다.

this section emphasizes his thoughts about her and the kiss scene. 

"She's not a sister to me but a fellow actor, colleague, someone whom I trust and comfortably can act with."

He also mentioned that the kiss scenes aren't deep kisses but more just lips touching lips. Some articles described him to say ita more popo instead of real kissing. 

‘군주’ 속 세자 이선과 한가은은 절절한 멜로를 펼치며 시청자들에게 설렘을 유발하는 장면을 다수 만들어냈다. 이를 찍으며 설렌 적은 없었냐고 물으니, 유승호는 김소현이 미성년자임을 언급하며 “제가 소현이에게 설렌 적이 있다고 대답하면 좀 위험한데”라고 위트있는 답변을 했다.

*bold part* "Isn't it a bit dangerous for me to answer if I was moved by Sohyunnie" was the witty reply from him.

그 질문은 1년만 있다가 답하면 안 되냐.(웃음) 소현이가 사실 굉장히 어른스럽다. 제가 분위기를 띄우고 하는 걸 잘 못하는 편이지만, 친해지기도 해야 했고, 분위기를 띄워야겠단 그런 책임감 같은 게 들어서 장난을 많이 쳤다. 그게 과해지면 소현이가 ‘진정해’의 눈빛을 쏘더라.(웃음) 오히려 제가 소현이에게 도움을 받았으면 받았다. 의지도 정말 많이 했다.”

"I shouldn't answer that question for one year."

rest of article mentions that she's really mature and helped him alot in their scenes together. Reporter also mentions he laughed a lot answering the question.

• Like 7

@joyspartace hhhhhhhh you're not chingu don't worry!! :lol: somehow I knew it was a wrong translation from the start so wasn't excited but more unamused by those kind of translations...you're grandmother knows korean? I'll read it to her to translated for me if I was you!! :tongue::lol: I'm only counting on the korean I'm learning on my own :sweatingbullets:

edit: @kimchigal2 thank you so much for sharing and the translation chingu!! :wub: 

so he really said that?!! I read the other parts but not the 1 year one, at least we know for sure now!! let's wait and see his answer 1 year later!! :) hhhhh

• Like 4

Here's the criminal comment article.

http://mtvdaily.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=15004797241260674002#_adinctep

Headlines: Dating with Kim So Hyun? It's feels like becoming a criminal 

Everything was said in a jesty manner. He was definitely quite playful in this article as reporter mentioned to him that due to their chemistry many people will like to see them date. His reply - "I'm like a criminal" and went on to add "thanks for the support" - imo he was being cheeky here.

Actually all the articles translated so far has no mistakes. Fans of the couple will want to read more into it, fans of individual artistes see it as a collaborative effort to send the production off positively, for me I would love for them to date but young love is tough... Maybe later in life. 

The general consensus from the articles though is that the two of them really do like filming with each other. Their answers though coordinated seems to be joyful. Journalists in many of them pointed out KSH is alot more talkative and YSH laughed alot during the interviews. 

A lot more Yoo Seung Ho articles were launched late yesterday. Glad he did post interviews this time. Definitely in the spotlight massively compared to his past efforts these two years.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Berou said:

@kimchigal2  ah thank you !  we know at least the one year part is true

군주’ 속 세자 이선과 한가은은 절절한 멜로를 펼치며 시청자들에게 설렘을 유발하는 장면을 다수 만들어냈다. 이를 찍으며 설렌 적은 없었냐고 물으니, 유승호는 김소현이 미성년자임을 언급하며 “제가 소현이에게 설렌 적이 있다고 대답하면 좀 위험한데”라고 위트있는 답변을 했다.

*bold part* "Isn't it a bit dangerous for me to answer if I was moved by Sohyunnie" was the witty reply from him.

This is what @joyspartace said yesterday. Yshbiased also translated it . Then, the other part ( the heart fluttering part) is false. 

Knowing YSH, I don't whether I'll wait for one year. He keeps changing his answers regarding his ideal types and women. Who knows what he'll say in one year. At least, he has admitted he has dated a few times ( which I suspected it). 

at least we have confirmed his answers regarding that question which is a good thing!!

hhhhhhhhhh but we'll know anyway if he was questioned again!! he's bad at lying, but we need to see him while answering because his eyes and way of answering is what gives him out if he tries to escape the answer!! :lol::wub: 

@kimchigal2 thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Berou said:

군주’ 속 세자 이선과 한가은은 절절한 멜로를 펼치며 시청자들에게 설렘을 유발하는 장면을 다수 만들어냈다. 이를 찍으며 설렌 적은 없었냐고 물으니, 유승호는 김소현이 미성년자임을 언급하며 “제가 소현이에게 설렌 적이 있다고 대답하면 좀 위험한데”라고 위트있는 답변을 했다.

This is what @joyspartace said yesterday. Yshbiased also translated it . Then, the other part ( the heart fluttering )

I used the word "moved" because it's grammatically more accurate. But the direct translation of the word 설렌 적이 is "heart fluttering". So technically the translations are correct just grammatically weird because it's hard to adjust Korean speech into English without sounding strange.

For the dating part, it's important to establish that he has gone on dates (im a 25 year old man emphasized by him) but hasn't had a relationship hence he couldn't empathise fully the feelings of love.

I think I saw one article this morning that mentioned when it comes to melodramatic love he will reserve that for his future girlfriend to see... keke. Sorry haven't had time to read in detail cos way too many articles coming out now. Alot comparing Park Bo Gum and him. Both were at premiere last night.

• Like 5

For fans who want to read the articles, never use Google translate. It's the worst. The closest to best translation for korean-english is naver translate. Still some crappy as it does also twist a lot of words and meanings but compared to Google and the gibberish it spouts.. 100x better.  

P.s - My lecturers in Korean language uni also advised us to use this. 

Just now, Berou said:

@kimchigal2 I was talking about this post : "  Isn't So Hyun beautiful? My heart flutter ".

Is there a Korean article link? YSH news hit over 10 pages in naver... im too lazy to scour through it. :tongue:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Berou said:

I haven't found one. I have zero knowledge of korean,. I'm too busy right now to do some sherlock Holmes work ...

Actually I'm not surprised if he did say it.

His answers with KSH seems matched to a T. She also used generic fangirls swooning over him to justify that of course at times when his character in the show is cool that she feels the fluttering as well.

Him paying her back a similar compliment is very in line and in tone with all their interviews. He can't use fanboys as she's a girl but it's a well established fact that she's very pretty even when she was a child star so he probably used the public sentiment to pay her back the compliments 

• Like 8

I can understand him, being an actor puts more responsbilities and pressures on him and can't live a normal life no matter how closer to normal life he wants and trying to live now!! hope time and our love for him can make it more bearable and find his happiness in his life as he wish for it!! :heart: 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

It is sad to read that he doesn't want to be reborn as an actor.  Although his explanation for his answer is valid and logical, it does seems to imply he got into it not due to his love for acting, but due to his family circumstances and his innate talent, and that he wished for a different life. 

I am hoping that after the realisation that acting is what he wants to do now, he will be more at ease and peace with himself and enjoy the process even more.  I dont know him from before, but many yoopies noted how much more comfortable, relax and happy he looks during and since filming Ruler.  And now, having made a couple of celebrity friends, I hope he will enjoy the actor life even more.  Cos he truly has a lot of love from his fans and fellow actors and actresses.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, joyspartace said:

http://www.hancinema.net/interview-ruler-master-of-the-mask-yoo-seung-ho-i-look-forward-to-my-reward-vacation-108034.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

even YSH knew that Ruler was MBC's most successful drama this year and he looked forward to a reward vacation, sadly they didn't get it. 

ahhhhh, I'm so sorry to keep on posting differently at different times like this. 

So True, I have check all MBC drama ratings this year Ruler ratings is good compare to MBC other drama and that's not because of good script or good directing but because of solid acting of all cast especially YSH, He deserve a reward.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, silvianage said:

So True, I have check all MBC drama ratings this year Ruler ratings is good compare to MBC other drama and that's not because of good script or good directing but because of solid acting of all cast especially YSH, He deserve a reward.

In my opinion YSH deserve an award this year. Not onlu couple award but I think he deserves daesang for his performance. The cast solid acting saved the drama..

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Berou said:

This is what @joyspartace said yesterday. Yshbiased also translated it . Then, the other part ( the heart fluttering part) is false. 

Knowing YSH, I don't whether I'll wait for one year. He keeps changing his answers regarding his ideal types and women. Who knows what he'll say in one year. At least, he has admitted he has dated a few times ( which I suspected it). 

New to this thread! :)

Yea I agree with you, just gonna take everything he said with a pinch of salt.

Regarding his dating, how did u even suspect that he was? 

I couldn't, especially with all the articles till 2016 that did not even give a hint that he was. (I mean, well, it's not like its something he/they will announce blatantly but still..hmmm)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chuu18 said:

New to this thread! :)

Yea I agree with you, just gonna take everything he said with a pinch of salt.

Regarding his dating, how did u even suspect that he was? 

I couldn't, especially with all the articles till 2016 that did not even give a hint that he was. (I mean, well, it's not like its something he/they will announce blatantly but still..hmmm)

Actually he mentioned even in interviews in the past that he has gone on dates and have been set up on blind dates but I think the whole confusion came with specifically his "lack" of experience in having a real relationship.  The dates might have involved hand holding, maybe even kissing but for YSH, I believe him when he said he hasn't been in a real relationship where he can understand the word deeply.

He left the army only in late 2014 and his army comrades had a nickname for him Motae Solo or something which refers to someone who has never been in a relationship before.  Since his departure to date, in less than 2.7 years he has shot 2 movies and 3 dramas, with one that stretched 7 months plus (*cough*ruler*cough*).  Unless he is superman, I'm not sure how he found the time to date someone seriously when he is working so much all the time.

Anyway I hope he won't rush things.  No one is going to accuse him of being gay or something and I found it humorous he needed to defend his "singleness" so much.  Park Bo Gum is a famous motae solo alongside with him as well.  If looking at the productiveness of these boys who haven't really had a real relationship and have spent their focus on acting and the results.  I say "the women will come later... enjoy your work first"

The other 93 liners like Seo Kang Joon, and his teenage love scandal was just messy and came back to bite him later on.  Pointless really.

• Like 4

@Berou I agree with you!! obviously he grew to love acting, enjoying the process of the creation of a drama/movie more now and feels happy with the people's love for the drama/movie and him as well but he still doesn't like the life he has to have as a celebrety nor he wished for it!! being an actor is a the only path he was left with knowing he no longer can have a normal life after being a famous child actor for most of his life and entering the meletary was of help for him to have time to think things through and decide what he's to do in the future!! I just hope that with time he gets to feel more at ease with the support of his loving fans, family, friends (and life partner in the future) and enjoy his life more as he wishes for even if she's not the normal life he wished for!! 

hhhhh silly comments!! :rolleyes: so they are either gay if they keep their personal life private or hated if they get into a relationship that fans don't approve on!! :rolleyes: *sigh* good thing Yoo Seung Ho came forward and cleared that he had dates while still keeping it private!! 

:heart: 

cr: stars.kpop.dramas

• Like 2