Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

I've always said this about YSH when people ask me about him. He's very admirable. The fact that his family wasn't financially stable is a known fact. To know that he was put into the acting world due to it was heartbreaking. He became the sole money maker that could actually help his family at that moment. That sense of responsibility and role was thrown at him in such a young age. I don't think I would be able to handle all of that. YSH, for me, is not only admirable but he is also truly amazing. To not lose himself during the acting process, to not stray from feeling empowered or get the celebrity disease, to always stay as humble and honest as he does with the years of acting he has - he's admirable and amazing. 

enlisting to run away from the entertainment world is the most logical aspect for him at his age back then. it was the only way - especially when IMY was his biggest hit for the start of his adult roles. People always mention or label him with the role in The Way Home but I believe IMY is the one that started getting his name out there more often. That sudden pressure and attention probably lightened him more to enlist. I applaud him for saying that in the interview. I'm glad that he enlist because he should do what he feels is best for him. Ofc, along that process - he found his true calling and knew acting is something he can't possibly leave. In this life, he's meant to be acting but stay as the person as he is no matter what. To not fall from the mindset of "I'm the best" "I'm so popular" "I'm not going to change just because I act on tv or movies" - I love him for that. Which is why I remember when I watched his military departure video back then and he started crying as soon as he saw the cameras - I remembered I cried so much. For me, I cried because he's finally back but now looking back after reading his interviews today - I think if I would watch that video again, I would cry because this man had to runaway when he didn't feel accustomed to the acting life but once he did, he learned that it's his calling for this life and he missed it. 

I've always believe that celebrities private life is their own business. The one thing I don't like about KMEDIA is how dedicate they are to out a relationship like that. Or they always assume otherwise about a person just because they are a certain way. Either way, love is love but love is also private between two people. I don't know what sort of points people receive when they out relationships for these people. Actors already give so much of their lives to the picnic, there's no need for all that extra stuff. I'm glad that YSH doesn't want to tell if he is in one, it's really none of anyone's business. 

EDIT: 

• Like 3

@joyspartace I agree with you!! it's admirable that he grow up in this upright way when he faced temptation since a reaaaaly young age!! instead of being full of himself as the one making money and being a celebrety instead he took to responsability and learned from it and kept holding on to who he is and kind of life he wants to have: a normal life as much as he can maintain and I love him and admire him for that!! :heart: really this man is full of admirable traits doesn't he?!! the more we see/know about him the more we love him!! :heart:

55 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I've always believe that celebrities private life is their own business. The one thing I don't like about KMEDIA is how dedicate they are to out a relationship like that. Or they always assume otherwise about a person just because they are a certain way. Either way, love is love but love is also private between two people. I don't know what sort of points people receive when they out relationships for these people. Actors already give so much of their lives to the picnic, there's no need for all that extra stuff. I'm glad that YSH doesn't want to tell if he is in one, it's really none of anyone's business. 

I totally agree with you!! I really hate it when people keep asking and insisting to get into the actor/actress personal life!! when they want to reveal it and announce it they will so let them be and let them have their personal space till then and when they reveal it just be happy for their happiness and move on with no further "no I don't like them together" "why this not that" and all sort of how/when/why silly and interfering comments and questions about their personal lives, but some people can't do that for some reason!! :rolleyes:

edit: me reading the shared translated part of Yoo Seung Ho above: "hhhhh awwwww this man!! :heart:" thank you for sharing @joyspartace :wub: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

Actually he mentioned even in interviews in the past that he has gone on dates and have been set up on blind dates but I think the whole confusion came with specifically his "lack" of experience in having a real relationship.  The dates might have involved hand holding, maybe even kissing but for YSH, I believe him when he said he hasn't been in a real relationship where he can understand the word deeply.

He left the army only in late 2014 and his army comrades had a nickname for him Motae Solo or something which refers to someone who has never been in a relationship before.  Since his departure to date, in less than 2.7 years he has shot 2 movies and 3 dramas, with one that stretched 7 months plus (*cough*ruler*cough*).  Unless he is superman, I'm not sure how he found the time to date someone seriously when he is working so much all the time.

Anyway I hope he won't rush things.  No one is going to accuse him of being gay or something and I found it humorous he needed to defend his "singleness" so much.  Park Bo Gum is a famous motae solo alongside with him as well.  If looking at the productiveness of these boys who haven't really had a real relationship and have spent their focus on acting and the results.  I say "the women will come later... enjoy your work first"

The other 93 liners like Seo Kang Joon, and his teenage love scandal was just messy and came back to bite him later on.  Pointless really.

Ahh yea I remember the blind dates part. I see where you're coming from, makes sense too. Its just that the translations were all over the place I get confused as to which is real or not. 

I guess judging from his interviews and outlook in life, he will most probably go for a non-celebrity as his future gf/partner. I will be kinda sad if he announces that he is in a r/s one day (lucky lucky girl haha) but it really isn't my (or anyone's) business.

As long as he continues acting haha.

• Like 1

@chuu18 hhhhhhhh that's a goor reasoning: he can date who he wants as long as he keeps acting!! :lol: 

hhhhhhhhh st time I see him going crazy over his NGs!! :lol: I saw him laughing while his co-stars end up making NGs but never him!! hhhhh he doesn't know why he keep laughing not finishing his lign!! so cute!! :lol: 

cr: nuriyah_tock

love how they all were laughing with him too and how he was holding his laugh waiting for the "Cut" word then let it out the second he heard the word!! :lol::wub: 

edit: @joyspartace hhhhhhhhhh that's quite interesting connections!! :lol: and the actor who played Gon acted with Yoo Seung Ho too?!! and he was a royal guard while Kim Seon Dal was the King's imposer?!! :lol: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

@sakura2016 ahaha yeah, his scene was literally a minute tho and he didn't appear afterwards that much anymore. so many connections lol

how did you remember him? I only had eyes on Yoo Seung Ho at that scene that I don't rememeber nothing but him fooling everyone in the palace trying to escape!! :lol: you have a great memory and catching eye!! :wink: 

true, many connections and more than the ones mentioned: there is also connection with the actor of Dea Mok who acted as Yoo seung Ho's father before, there is the actor of Woo Bo character who played in many movies/dramas with Yoo Seung Ho and there is also his connection to the actor playing Commendor Lee who also acted as his father I think in another movie (?) when he was a child!! :wub: hhhhhh

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

every single day since master of study, I love him even more and more. 

"The Twitter post reads, “How time flies… My memory of Yoo Seung Ho consists of, ‘How can someone so young like me sit in an air conditioned room while the adults are working hard in the heat.’ That was his answer when I told him to sit inside since it was hot. This was when ‘Queen Seon Deok’ aired.”

He went on to elaborate, “The reason why I still remember this is because no cast member ever behaved like that. It was unprecedented. It’s not that they have to be that way, but it was shocking that he thought the way he did. And he never actually did go inside.”"

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/21/production-staff-member-remembers-yoo-seung-hos-thoughtfulness-past-anecdote/

and I'm dying because of this man!! :heart: I think this is the interview that triggered the production stuff member to share this story with us!! 

Spoiler

Q- Responsibility is different. When did you begin to feel responsible?

Yoo Seung Ho: It was in elementary school. It was the day when I was late on the shooting spot. I heard that 100 people are waiting for you because of you. I was so upset that I had a situation like that. I cried a lot in the car. I will say that if I am sick enough to die, I will rest, but if I can stand it, I will endure it. Is not everybody in the field really having a hard time? I was grumbled about being hurt, but there was no serious injury. (Interview ②)

what can I say?!! the more I know about him the more I admire and love him that I end up speachless!! :heart: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Berou said:

I think if he wasn't an actor, he could have been a farmer. He really enjoys farming, helping his friend with his farm. He's really a simple man and finds pleasure in mundane things such as listening to music while eating or driving and singing.

@sakura2016 3 best kisses? Where is the one in Operation proposal?   I don't agree with the TOP 3 as the kiss in IMY isn't a kiss but an attempted kiss.

When the casting news for ruler were posted at ruler thread, I was amazed by the connections. So many people, former co-stars, were working again with him. I even questioned whether it wasn't a simple coincidence, rather the work of Mr. Yoo who recommended actors to the director.

@joyspartace thanks for sharing the article about YSH and Cha Eunwoo. I'm again smiling at his humbleness. Cha Eunwo is an idol, a rookie compared to him. Yet, he was amazed by him and his beauty, when actually I'm certain it was the opposite. CEW must have felt overwhelmed working with such a big star

I believe so!! he finds happiness and joy in the simplest things!! :wub: 

yeah I was wondering about that kiss too!! it was a great kiss that not having it in the top 3 felt weird but maybe they chose it based on his age/roles as an adult? and from what I knew there was no kiss in I Miss You too but a rejected attempt but then I thought maybe I missed something but I was right after all!! 

yes he was chingu :D "Cha Eun Woo said, “It was an honor [to be filming with Yoo Seung Ho]. All of my family members and all of the people from our agency are big fans of him. Seeing him in person was an honor and made me very happy.” He continued, “We were both really embarrassed after filming; however, I learned a lot from Yoo Seung Ho.”"

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/30/astros-cha-eun-woo-talks-embarrassed-filming-commercial-actor-yoo-seung-ho/

it felt great seeing Yoo Seung Ho being loved and admired by celebrety hoobeas who are fans of him too!! :wub: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

it felt great seeing Yoo Seung Ho being loved and admired by celebrety hoobeas who are fans of him too!! :wub: 

I'm not sure if it's mentioned yet since it's not recent, but Jeon Hye-Bin mentioned how she still adores YSH in Happy Together around 6:18. He really is loved by so many people!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kyutee_ said:

I'm not sure if it's mentioned yet since it's not recent, but Jeon Hye-Bin mentioned how she still adores YSH in Happy Together around 6:18. He really is loved by so many people!! 

I don't know either since I'm new too but thank you for sharing!! :wub: I saw it before being a fan of Lee Jun Ki too and I ended up seeing them talking about Yo Seung Ho too, I got more than I went for!! :wink::wub: who wouldn't love him?!! :wub: 

my heart skipt a beat here!! :love: I think it's posted before so I'm putting it under spoiler tag!!

Spoiler

cr: zaileigh09

• Like 2

Anyone watch YSH's movie Don't tell papa (2004) when he was 11 yo? It's funny, moving but also vulgar for 11 yo? I'm a little bit surprise his parents let him did the movie. It's completely different compare to "The way home" or "hearty paws".:D

• Like 1

@hyania didn't really watch it, only saw short glimpses of it while watching Yoo Seung Ho's projects through the years on yt video, I was surprised too but I think it's a role and not all roles are of polite/sweet kids and that was one of them!! hhhh

cr: owner

hhhhh I know all related to Yoo Seung Ho but the one he where think Park Bo Gum has it worst than him for being a kind person!! :lol: Yoo Seung Ho is supper kind himself but I believe he's more capable of deciding what to do and what not to and stick to it despite his kindness!!

@joyspartace awwwww 1st time I see this BTS pic!! :wub: 

• Like 3

@joyspartace oh, that's the pic where our King/Yoo Seung Ho caught up to them :D we only had the one while they were waiting for him to catch up to them, now we got him taking the pic with them!! :D:wub: thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

and Yoo Seung Ho looks so cute shaking his had making the royal hat he's wearing shaking along too!! :wub: hhhhhhh

so cute!! :wub: 

cr: owner

• Like 4