Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

18 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

A big earthquake in Mexico, hope our friend @msdot is fine. 

Thanks for your kind thought, @gtLmh0622! The earthquake was on the coast and the city of Oaxaca, where I live, is in a mountain valley and suffered only minor damage. It's always interesting to live in an earthquake zone!

14 hours ago, HR. said:

If anyone knows where the 5th image is from (LMH with a champagne glass), please let me know

I think this was from a photo shoot for an international  hotel chain he's promoting as an "ambassador". Can't remember the name of it. It's from last year.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, CallieP said:

It is a trend. I know LMH had to perm his hair for GJP because character had curly hair but for PT and CH, that was the hair style then because I noticed other actors sporting the same style during those years, very apparent during the year of PT and the year of CH. The second lead had the same hair style.  So did actors in other dramas. LMH had to grow his hair for Faith but after it ended, he cut it and that was his next style when Heirs came around. All other actors had the same or similar style too.

Part of why I like Faith so much is that I got to see him in three different longer hair styles. He grew his hair out but for the first style I believe he also wore extensions. I read somewhere that it took 5 hours to put the extensions in and I'm sure they had to be updated regularly during filming.

#1:

qW5fWlC.png

#2:

yVpNCSV.png

#3:

G1rXXB1.png

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

EbUTXGcVAAYNzWG?format=png&name=small

Popularity at home has waned, but overseas responses have been hot.

Unlike the gloomy situation in Korea, the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which ended with disastrous performances in ratings and quality, has gained popularity overseas belatedly and managed to save its crumpled face.

It's seen by viewers from more than 190 countries through the OTT (Over The Top) platform Netflix, an indicator of Worldwide reach. In addition to topping the weekly TV show list in Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Nigeria, it has maintained the top spot as popular content in Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic. It was also the only Korean film in the top 10 on the Netflix World Ranking Chart. It maintained its No. 1 spot on the Korean online platform Wavve Drama Rank for seven consecutive weeks. Weeks have passed since the end of the show, but it still hasn't let go of the top spot on Netflix.

In Korea, it was sarcastically criticized for PPL, but the reaction is explosive abroad. The multi-balm that Kim Go-eun applied on her face in the drama is very popular in Asia. It has become a hot topic in a short period of time due to a flood of inquiries from overseas countries such as the United States, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Saudi Arabia. The first sale was sold out in two weeks. Asian women who watched "The King" are buying the multi-balm online, saying they will become like Kim Go-eun.

The popularity of actors has also increased abroad. This is the case with Lee Min-ho. Lee Min-ho has the most SNS followers among Hallyu stars. For example, the number of his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers exceeded 17.3 million, 16.6 million, and 3 million, respectively, while in Weibo, it surpassed 28.5 million. This record ranks first among all Korean actors. In the case of Weibo and Facebook, he is the overwhelming No. 1 Korean artist among singers and actors, showing huge global popularity. In addition, SNS followers of Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Jung Eun-chae, and Lee Jung-jin increased a lot from the time before the drama aired, and most of them are overseas fans.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23810044

Lee Min-ho, Woo Do-hwan, Jung Il-woo, and Kim Bum were spotted having coffee at the rooftop of Cafe Gray Grove in Jeju Island.

fullsizeoutput_b66e.jpeg?type=w800

https://m.blog.naver.com/richbystep/222011448737

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 8
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, CallieP said:

What was he # 1 for in March April and May? What poll was that?

I heard that IQYI (not sure of correct name) in China is a legal streaming site that can have Kdramas so is King on that site or can they sell to that site so that Chinese can watch it legally?

I've seen the link of that poll on twitter, but can't find it now. The purpose of the poll is sending your idol to NY time square.

Yes, IQYI is a legal steaming site and had K-dramas before Hallyu ban. Since Hallyu ban was loosened gradually, the old K-dramas seemed to be on line again, but no new K-dramas are approved.
I read on Weibo these 2 days that Tencent will be a partner with Netflix in China, but no details about how they work.
Tencent Music already started to release Chinese version of "The King" ost. Looks like "The King" will be on Tencent legally in the future.

This is the 2nd ost (Gravity) : https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J85U7jqp4?fid=1034:4519292524232747

"The King" is really hot on reddit.

This is when "The King" is airing :
ec16ae27ly1gg3hhm2tzbj20fh0hvdlo.jpg

After the airing of "The King" :

ec16ae27ly1gg3hhm4d4aj20ee0kg0z4.jpg

cr. Minoz_无须完美

:cutekitty:

• Like 9
  • Awesome 3

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

Unlike the gloomy situation in Korea, the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which ended with disastrous performances in ratings and quality, has gained popularity overseas belatedly and managed to save its crumpled face.

It's seen by viewers from more than 190 countries through the OTT (Over The Top) platform Netflix, an indicator of Worldwide reach. In addition to topping the weekly TV show list in Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Nigeria, it has maintained the top spot as popular content in Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic. It was also the only Korean film in the top 10 on the Netflix World Ranking Chart. It maintained its No. 1 spot on the Korean online platform Wavve Drama Rank for seven consecutive weeks. Weeks have passed since the end of the show, but it still hasn't let go of the top spot on Netflix.

In Korea, it was sarcastically criticized for PPL, but the reaction is explosive abroad. The multi-balm that Kim Go-eun applied on her face in the drama is very popular in Asia. It has become a hot topic in a short period of time due to a flood of inquiries from overseas countries such as the United States, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Saudi Arabia. The first sale was sold out in two weeks. Asian women who watched "The King" are buying the multi-balm online, saying they will become like Kim Go-eun.

Sorry to cut your post chingu--I wasn't sure if I like or disliked this article because of the adjectives used to describe The King in SK.  On the whole, it's great that it is doing well internationally, but it would have been better using different adjectives.  

wow, it was a shock to read that WDH is enlisting so soon.  I'm glad he had one last boycation with his new friends.  

I wonder what LMH is doing now?  Probably working on his endorsements.  

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Sorry to cut your post chingu--I wasn't sure if I like or disliked this article because of the adjectives used to describe The King in SK.  On the whole, it's great that it is doing well internationally, but it would have been better using different adjectives.  

wow, it was a shock to read that WDH is enlisting so soon.  I'm glad he had one last boycation with his new friends.  

I didn’t like their choice of words. :crazy:

The article somehow took jabs at TKEM while “praising” it. <_<

——————————————

I miss our boy. 

:bawling:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I didn’t like their choice of words. :crazy:

The article somehow took jabs at TKEM while “praising” it. <_<

——————————————

I miss our boy. 

:bawling:

Same!! Miss him so much! :tears: where is he? Jeju? Seoul? No news from him! Maybe he is at home hanging out with his family. I definitely feel his absence. 

I don't like their choice of word neither especially the first part. The funny part is that later in the article it talks about local success of TKEM on Wavve. So it is indeed popular in SK. Who watches TKEM on Wavve? lol

46 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Our boy is kinda lowkey. He even didn't post any pics from his vacation with his friends. I am sad WDH left for MS. Since WDH has entered LMH's inner and close circle of friends, he has even more special place in Minoz' heart. :heart4: i heard news of WDH being offered lead role in OCN, I guess he rejected the offer and decided to start MS soon and get it over with. lol

LMH maybe at home. I remember he said he is kinda home body. he likes to stay at home and play games. or like you said prepare endorsements. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, msdot said:

Thanks for your kind thought, @gtLmh0622! The earthquake was on the coast and the city of Oaxaca, where I live, is in a mountain valley and suffered only minor damage. It's always interesting to live in an earthquake zone!

I think this was from a photo shoot for an international  hotel chain he's promoting as an "ambassador". Can't remember the name of it. It's from last year.

Part of why I like Faith so much is that I got to see him in three different longer hair styles. He grew his hair out but for the first style I believe he also wore extensions. I read somewhere that it took 5 hours to put the extensions in and I'm sure they had to be updated regularly during filming.

msdot,  this is true - The time also depends on the look that you are going for and how many extensions are going to be required to achieve your desired look. On average, a thickening process takes from 1 to 3 hours and a lengthening process takes roughly 4 to 5 hours. I guess he was just using clip-in hair extensions as opposed to sewn in or glued in hair extensions. Clip-in hair extensions can be fitted completely by you. Just clip in and go! Clip-ins is a very popular method of hair enhancement, endorsed by celebrities and stylists. Whether it’s a fishtail braid that’s trending, or simply soft waves and bangs, you just need to clip them in and style them as you please. Besides, they don’t cause thinning or breakage as they don’t pull on the hair as much. Instead, they are much gentler as they do not permanently sit on your head. :blush:

• Like 6

LEEMINHO, 'This handsome man, I can't resist' (2019 video collection) [NewsenTV]

5 Valuable Facts About Lee Min Ho That Sound Fake But Are Actually True

Did you know that in the Philippines, Lee Min Ho is said to be more popular than even Mariah Carey?

5QDFpeYkiG1aQADm3wI9OE9qrEAScoaXliwPsj_Z

As a fan of popular actor Lee Min Ho, you may know that his recent drama The King: Eternal Monarch has just ended.

Spoiler

J70kbjusq3LD0OtH9iS4MdNnfir8MLIxwFNJxvJK

But do you know about his real name, or about his immense popularity all throughout the world?

Spoiler

NrhhuzJj6tsRjdb-xNddJ32xKhmAim7dlt7NDATP

Check out these five valuable facts about Lee Min Ho and boost your knowledge about the popular Korean actor today.

1. His Real Name

Spoiler

fQt053wkMZnkTg6CDvGxjcpK4An7s4n6AdP_OVOj

Born on June 22, 1987, Lee Min Ho’s real name is actually Lee Min Ho.

Spoiler

0ObX7kJSnUgSpTEU4jgA2Vi670voSQ3nReoQtIXy

When he started his acting career, though, he used the name “Lee Min”.

Spoiler

uVhzt5W3Csr3Fvy4RcS-QLm-l5PSIqc0J1WtClen

After a while, though, he started to use his real name again because he realized that Lee Min also means “immigration” in Korean, so it was hard for his fans to search for his name on the Internet.

2. His Childhood Dream

Spoiler

sD7zRkhe4CEJuLJ8cXAb2JoRNfcKjR8q4WHbBc5o

His childhood dream was to be a professional football player.

Spoiler

n5t-o6ik4scVk3E7OHnphzE8_InT0bcir5lRF3QQ

But because he injured himself in the fifth grade, he couldn’t pursue his dream anymore.

Spoiler

ONVJ2I4c-tlOirybl0Rmsyh9vb-md0LY2VxFlmoo

One of his idols in the field of football is Portuguese footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo.

3. His Education

Spoiler

o42tcPpG4tUBOXji9PMQ4mKpqMCXD8Ar4RfK5w0H

In high school, Lee Min Ho attended an all-boys school so he says that he gets along better with guys. It’s also during high school when he discovered his passion for acting: he joined his agency back then, Starhaus Entertainment, during his senior year in high school.

Spoiler

eAWzMGaQiMXTbwAH_BdPuJxq59DMYNxWkkOFAFBP

As for his college education, Min Ho majored in film and art at Konkuk University.

Spoiler

SgjVT1kazTPti2JBTub4t_CUNO3kSr7f__5UHjjZ

4. He gets offers from Hollywood — but he thinks he’s not ready for them yet

Spoiler

MUmITmn6WvxhEW368msWn_izlK-7BzxpHemo7J7r

Being a famous actor, Min Ho often used to get offers to act in Hollywood.

But since he says he’s not ready for them yet, he hasn’t taken up any offers from Hollywood yet.

5. He’s subjectively more popular than Mariah Carey

Lee Min Ho is not just popular in South Korea, as he’s really famous in China, Thailand and the Philippines as well.

Spoiler

vHmuSpXT1EqjLjdaDK_6CMmfOrXZz2F9FIhKRlnh

In fact, in the Philippines, more people attended Lee Min Ho’s fan-meeting than Mariah Carey‘s or even Beyoncé‘s concert.

-QGAbGaXlTja8zttz-dqvpMhGh8TW4AWCw8Lucf9

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/5-valuable-facts-lee-min-ho-sound-fake-actually-true/

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

LMH maybe at home. I remember he said he is kinda home body. he likes to stay at home and play games. or like you said prepare endorsements. 

Aww it's a typical Cancerian Quality Homebody, I can vouch for that. 

I also did not like the article, it's as if It is soo Bad it became Good overseas , Jeesh!! :angry:

Also I want his Faith Hairstyle, the slight wave side parting ones Lol :D 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Aww it's a typical Cancerian Quality Homebody, I can vouch for that. 

I also did not like the article, it's as if It is soo Bad it became Good overseas , Jeesh!! :angry:

Also I want his Faith Hairstyle, the slight wave side parting ones Lol :D 

Agree about Cancerian  quality. :) 

I don’t understand why they write articles like that. I try to stay calm. Lol

my Chinguuuuuu!!! I like curly hair too for LMH. I think he rockssssss perm style. I love that Faith hairstyle too. :love:

it has been a while since LMH’s last perm curly hair. Even in LOTBS his perm lasted only 2 episodes. You know if lee min ho choose a kinda dark villainish character, I think perm suits well. 

I cannot stop talking about his future role. Lol  it is hard to wait. 

just give me some news!!:crybaby: IG update? It has been 3 days since his last update. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Agree about Cancerian  quality. :) 

I don’t understand why they write articles like that. I try to stay calm. Lol

my Chinguuuuuu!!! I like curly hair too for LMH. I think he rockssssss perm style. I love that Faith hairstyle too. :love:

it has been a while since LMH’s last perm curly hair. Even in LOTBS his perm lasted only 2 episodes. You know if lee min ho choose a kinda dark villainish character, I think perm suits well. 

I cannot stop talking about his future role. Lol  it is hard to wait. 

just give me some news!!:crybaby: IG update? It has been 3 days since his last update. 

Hahaha. I don't have a drama in mind tho. what do you have in mind

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Hahaha. I don't have a drama in mind tho. what do you have in mind

First movie then drama:lol:

a dark movie with good story-LMH villanish with deep emotions and deep eyes- wearing simple black coat :glasses:

drama: depends which actress has free schedule (PBY has new drama) : maybe IU or PSH- Melodrama or action and some mystery :glasses:

honestly don’t have any story in mind. Some fresh story will be nice. I want it to be extraordinary and blockbuster with well written and fleshed our characters. I want director Lee Eung Bok too.:glasses:

I like two movies in a year too if no drama. For movie I like him to work with great actors and directors 

what do you think or want?:lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

First movie then drama:lol:

a dark movie with good story-LMH villanish with deep emotions and deep eyes- wearing simple black coat :glasses:

drama: depends which actress has free schedule (PBY has new drama) : maybe IU or PSH- Melodrama or action and some mystery :glasses:

honestly don’t have any story in mind. Some fresh story will be nice. I want it to be extraordinary and blockbuster with well written and fleshed our characters. I want director Lee Eung Bok too.:glasses:

I like two movies in a year too if no drama. For movie I like him to work with great actors and directors 

what do you think or want?:lol:

A movie and TKEM S2 ( if he dose 4-5 seasons more of tkem his instagram could reach 100mio followers It would be that huge worldwide) like massively huge..  the sky is the limit for tkem

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, madmad min said:

Isn't IQIYI like Netflix and Viki? They require specific License for shows to distribute I don't think TKEM is available there.

It's not available on IQIYI but on illegal chinese websites 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

After Donating 300 Million KRW, Lee Min Ho Decides to Donate All Profits from His Recent Emoticon

by krishkima day ago4.7kViews

Thanks to the popularity of actor Lee Min Ho the character “Minomi” was released as a Kakao Talk emoticon.

Minomi,” a lion doll characterizing Lee Min Ho, was recently released as emoticons for Kakao Talk. The “Minomi” emoticon cutely captures various lines and emotions such as Lee Min Ho’s emperor costumes from The King: Eternal Monarch and his lines “It’s an imperial order,” or “I love you.”

1587107954861-crop-horz-1024x710.jpg Credit: SBS, MYM, Kakao Talk

Domestic and overseas fans, who were disappointed by the end of The King: Eternal Monarch, showed enthusiastic responses. The entire proceeds of the emoticon will be donated according to Lee Min ho’s wishes. Lee Min Ho’s charitable streak is impressing the public.

Marking the 14th anniversary of his debut this year, Lee Min Ho resumed his career with more mature looks and acting prowess through The King: Eternal Monarch.

Recently, Lee Min Ho ranked No.1 in the drama’s popularity category in June released by Good Data Corporation, The King: Eternal Monarch became the only Korean drama to rank in the top 10 in the Netflix’s World Ranking.

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/24/after-donating-300-million-krw-lee-min-ho-decides-to-donate-after-donating-300-million-krw-lee-min-ho-decides-to-donate-all-profits-from-his-recent-emoticon/?fbclid=IwAR2Y6gHf5lJT0yUgLYWwTVO0pEcrtmBP13Sw69qkfdmZL-KhlyCB8FLEEMQ

• Like 13
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Flixpatrol said on TW "We do not have the reliable access to Netflix accounts in these countries yet. Once we find it, we will include these countries." 

Lol that was me asking flixpatrol ....i’m surprised they actually replied to my tweet lol...good to know, hopefully they will add these countries soon.

The tweets from Nigerian fans are so funny they call LMH the ‘spiritual husband’ and Nigeria’s ‘first son in law’:crybaby:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

59 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Lol that was me asking flixpatrol ....i’m surprised they actually replied to my tweet lol...good to know, hopefully they will add these countries soon.

The tweets from Nigerian fans are so funny they call LMH the ‘spiritual husband’ and Nigeria’s ‘first son in law’:crybaby:

Are you @pinksnowflakes ? 

• Like 4