Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

I want to know who is in charge as a marketing person in MYM? I really need to shake his/her by the hand . Many smart moves were made after he release from Military but especially this year after the king. They really know their market and what to do with it . Especially in this pandemic era. Impressive :approves:

I love that he is making this yt channel and create it with his own style. Classy and fancy. It is thought out and looks expensive. 

Many of you said he has a strong mentality and remain unbothered and just do what he wants. I agree. Very inspiring. I love his “talk less, act more” attitude. I hope we can see him more in movies also. I really wish more and more people knows what a gems LMH is and appreciate him because he deserve it :happy2:

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

At first glance, the shower scene looked like the BOF one, then the muscles showed up.. our boy hasn’t aged at all since 2011 I think. He did grow up during BOF and PT but in my eyes he is not aging but being sculpted to perfection every passing year. 

@CallieP That’s is definitely new muscles .. I can’t wait to see what the rest of his upper body looks like. 

:heart2beat:

30 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

For me, he was the hottest in his shirtless scene in Gangnam Blues 

By the way, I have yet to comment on the Faith thread! Too many emotions this night! 

Oh I agree @Missprincesa. GB LMH was oozing raw and rugged sexiness - that matched those lost eyes of KJD

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 4

53 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

At first glance, the shower scene looked like the BOF one, then the muscles showed up.. our boy hasn’t aged at all since 2011 I think. He did grow up during BOF and PT but in my eyes he is not aging but being sculpted to perfection every passing year. 

@CallieP That’s is definitely new muscles .. I can’t wait to see what the rest of his upper body looks like. 

Oh I agree @Missprincesa. GB LMH was oozing raw and rugged sexiness - that matched those lost eyes of KJD

@Aleumdaun Ahem.. ahem..did you just mentioned upper body!

You being naughty on a Saturday morning :w00t:

@Missprincesayou are right on LMH Hotness.. one can swoon and ooze the whole day... :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Oh Yes, to me his body muscles during Heirs looks good in Ep 1. I was swooning during his beach scene, so damn hot sexy top :approves:

He has the perfect figure for a wet suit. He looked so damn sexy in his wet suit too in Heirs

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 3

48 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

@Missprincesayou are right on LMH Hotness.. one can swoon and ooze the whole day... :D

ha ha @Thong Thin Well in my defense, it is Friday night for me here and LMH in the shower is the first thing I saw while I logged into work this morning, spending the whole day :hotinhere2: ( I promise it was that forehead, I say)

He doesn’t play soccer anymore - so I’m not too keen to see those legs bare yet unless .... will that do? :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

11 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Is that scar at his neck and face ??? :o I have not noticed before I saw this tweet.

Could it be a vein?  do we have a vein back there?

5 hours ago, 1ouise said:

He used my font choice for his YouTube header.

(Thanks, LMH, for making us all feel chosen.  :lol:)

I think this one makes a strong impression:

d9024487a2faf2cd73ac04d4e693dc4233ded692

BTW, you can watch subscribers being added right before your eyes.

For those who have been longing to see Hansu's hair,

it's right here under LMH's hat:

Can you see it?  ;)  Black and shortish.  What do you think?

That was the font I chose too @1ouise-clean and easy to read.  Like the hair, but shave the sideburns!

50 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Some C-Minoz guessed it's work for his master or doctor degree.  :)
(In case some new fans didn't know it. LMH is studying his master + doctor at Kook Min University for years.)

If CMinoz says it's true, then it must be #neverdoubtCminozagain  lol

I was so surprised to see the movie log.  And here I was thinking what can we do to keep the thread moving, he won't post anything over the weekend:lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

ab791bcb7ff04bb297a0841cd1c1d270.jpeg?s=

Watch: Lee Min Ho Launches YouTube Channel With Artistic Self-Produced Film Looking Back At His Career

Lee Min Ho has opened his own YouTube channel!

On October 30, the actor delighted fans by launching a new YouTube channel of his very own, entitled “leeminho film.”

For his first video, Lee Min Ho kicked things off by posting a short self-produced film that artistically summarizes his impressive career. (The video’s caption reveals that he was both the executive producer and the creative director of the film.)

Notably, the video’s title is “Movielog EP.1,” which seems to hint at the possibility of the actor posting similar “Movielogs” in the future.

Check out Lee Min Ho’s new YouTube channel here, and watch his first “Movielog” below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amGBq6fmneY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434915wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-launches-youtube-channel-with-artistic-self-produced-film-looking-back-at-his-career

This is indeed the first of movielogs yet to come! Oohh.. do we have to wait for this on a weekly basis now? B)

And, in just 12+ hours, he's got 42k subscribers and counting! Our Social Media King out to conquer youtube as well!

And yep, Hansu hair seems to be black with side burns.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 4

In the movie log, I like the part when it highlighted all of his roles, especially the part when it switched from Kim Tan (The Heirs) to Kim Jong Dae (Gangnam Blues). It's so contrast and showed how different the two characters were just by few seconds, its so spot on. 

Ah happy days for us Minoz. I'm just thinking, we've been yakking in this thread saying so many things and it seems that LMH knows what we were talking about.

We spent so many pages crying for him to quickly do new project. And surpriseee, he started shooting new project just 4 months after TKEM.

We've been crying for more updates from him and wished to see him more. And he created this "leeminho film" specially as a platform for fans to see more of his content and to communicate with fans.

We always said that we wanted him to do different character than his previous roles, we mentioned we wanted him to be villain, complex character, mysterious, etc, and baaam he gave us Hansu.

And we also said we wanted to see him topless again because it's been so long since the last time, and yes, he gave us this glorious shower scene. :D 

Looks like we might not need to send him letters via the Minoz official website, because LMH has been lurking here at this forum throughout these times.

:rickroll:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 5

8 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

We always said that we wanted him to do different character than his previous roles, we mentioned we wanted him to be villain, complex character, mysterious, etc, and baaam he gave us Hansu.

And we also said we wanted to see him topless again because it's been so long since the last time, and yes, he gave us this glorious shower scene. :D 

Looks like we might not need to send him letters via the Minoz official website, because LMH has been lurking here at this forum throughout these times.

Totally with you on this @JoannaID    Koh Hansu , shower (more please) and LMH lurking here :D

:ilike:

Aww, Kim Bum Just Received A Food Truck From His 'Boys Over Flowers' Co-Star Lee Min Ho

kim-bum-lee-min-ho-food-truck-1603939311

Boys Over Flowers fans, this one's for us! It's been over a decade since the hit drama took over our TV screens (yup, streaming was next to nonexistent in 2009 LOL), but I'm happy to announce that two of our F4 faves, Lee Min Ho and Kim Bum, are still as close as ever!

As we all know, Kim Bum is currently starring as the sexy-slash-evil gumiho Yi Rang in the supernatural drama Tale Of The Nine-Tailed. Well, Min Ho is one supportive hyung and actually sent him a delish food truck on the Nine-Tailed filming set. Kim Bum documented the whole thing by sharing a bunch of snaps of him posing in front of the truck!

According to Soompi, one of the banners reads: "To the actors and staff, enjoy and gain strength! Please look after Bum." Aww!

Kim Bum's Nine-Tailed co-star Kim Yong Ji also posted a pic of a churro she got from the food truck and tagged Min Ho as well. ICYDK, Yong Ji was part of the supporting cast in Min Ho's fantasy drama, The King: Eternal Monarch, earlier this year.

photo-2020-10-29-08-59-23-1603939461.jpg

Cool! We're loving these drama ~crossovers~!

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/kim-bum-received-food-truck-from-lee-min-ho-a483-20201029

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

I must say that it was Friday night in Spain when I wrote that, and what time could be better to be naughty?? 

By the way, 2 pages because he show us a bit of his biceps on a shower scene... I am looking forward to what will happen to the thread if we got a more complete shower scene :hooray2:

6 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Some C-Minoz guessed it's work for his master or doctor degree.  :)
(In case some new fans didn't know it. LMH is studying his master + doctor at Kook Min University for years.)

I didn't know anything of this and it makes me respect him even more. It's not easy to balance work and study (in fact is really hard to do) and, if he is doing it would be because he has an personal interest in improve even more, because we know he did not need it to get any role. My respect for him keeps increasing. 

• Like 7

Like everyone here, I’m excited for LMH’s upcoming role as Hansu in Pachinko.  Can’t wait!  But I am also hoping that LMH will release a quality statement to his huge fan base, sooner than later, about his interest in playing Hansu and his evaluation of Hansu as a person – and that LMH doesn’t wait for just before air date.  He could do this directly or through an interview he posts on IG/FB for example.  There will be many reactions from fans, haters and new viewers once Pachinko is released.  That’s not really the time to “explain” anything controversial for the first time.  We’ve all witnessed a lot of ugliness on various platforms and from all kinds of people. 

Imo, LMH should personally address his fans with his hopes and fears for this new direction.  Doesn’t have to be really long, but a one-sentence response won’t cut it.  A more mature LMH who is looking to deepen his craft no doubt has some deeper thoughts to share.  Why does LMH want to play Hansu, who sexually pursues a teenager and brutally beats a woman?  (I’m just stating facts.)  I’d like to know now, not just if a controversy breaks out.  (I’m in favor of any role that gives LMH a chance to expand btw.)  I am confident that neither issue regarding conduct with women  is “lost” on LMH, who is not an unkind person with a violent streak and unaware of public sentiment. 

I think LMH would respond to controversy more effectively that Yoo Ah In who put his foot in it a couple of years ago.  But why wait?  This is just another communication by LMH to his fan base to give millions of fans an accurate understanding of the actor LMH.   Some young fans, especially, might be confused by Hansu played by attractive LMH.  (My grandmother told me she hated Marlon Brando when she first saw him in Streetcar Named Desire where he played the legendary louse Stanley Kowalski.  Years later saw him play Shakespeare and realized he’d been acting!!)

I’ve listened to the 2 videos of writer Lee Min Jin describing Hansu.  Like me and a lot of other Americans, she often speaks in sound bites.  These get picked up and reacted to on their face and then later, assuming you’re still watching, the writer goes into depth that not only clarifies but even conflicts with how many will interpret the sound bites.  A case in point was the writer calling Hansu “hot.”  Later, she says she doesn't really mean “hot” in a sexy way.  She goes on to explain the Yakuza “power” culture and never is accepting of its violence.  But we all heard “hot.”

Also, this is 2021, the MeToo era.  I think we’re dreaming if we don’t expect backlash.  Always best to get out in front with any positioning that will be needed and not be on the defensive.  Last-minute statements will happen of course but press con, follow-up stories, etc. are a better time to reassert messages than to debut them, especially when controversy is likely.  And what about 20+ million fans who will not see the p/c, read soompi or hear the author at seminars?   Hopefully, the publicity team will get all the messages well portrayed in major media just before air date.  But for his fans, LMH can start now.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

ElpE3zuU4AALU6n?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min Ho launches official YouTube channel!

Lee Min Ho has launched his very own YouTube channel!

On October 30, the actor announced the opening of his channel 'leeminho film,' and for his first video, he posted a short 'Movielog' of his past work. Lee Min Ho himself was the executive producer and creative director behind the video.

Check out Lee Min Ho's first 'Movielog' episode above, and take a look at his YouTube channel here.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amGBq6fmneY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2020/10/lee-min-ho-launches-official-youtube-channel

6 hours ago, JoannaID said:

In the movie log, I like the part when it highlighted all of his roles, especially the part when it switched from Kim Tan (The Heirs) to Kim Jong Dae (Gangnam Blues). It's so contrast and showed how different the two characters were just by few seconds, its so spot on. 

Ah happy days for us Minoz. I'm just thinking, we've been yakking in this thread saying so many things and it seems that LMH knows what we were talking about.

We spent so many pages crying for him to quickly do new project. And surpriseee, he started shooting new project just 4 months after TKEM.

We've been crying for more updates from him and wished to see him more. And he created this "leeminho film" specially as a platform for fans to see more of his content and to communicate with fans.

I would also like to believe that LMH's team has been lurking here! We know how LMH values his fans and what they think about his projects. And what a better way to keep in touch with fan's insights but to lurk at his sites such as in DC. But now that his global presence has been amplified by The King, it makes sense that they would also have to expand their "research base" and lurk at international forum sites such as here at Soompi! So kudos to us! :)    

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

I would also like to believe that LMH's team has been lurking here! We know how LMH values his fans and what they think about his projects. And what a better way to keep in touch with fan's insights but to lurk at his sites such as in DC. But now that his global presence has been amplified by The King, it makes sense that they would also have to expand their "research base" and lurk at international forum sites such as here at Soompi! So kudos to us! :)    

Sorry to cut your post, what you said here is very true. I read in one of his interviews that LMH always monitors comments on the internet closely, so he definitely is aware about what his fans are saying and I believe he values his fans opinions too. :) 

I think he's also aware of all the hate comments and speculations made by netizens about him, I admire his mental toughness. It requires determination and great mental state to keep being a top actor in the cut throat K-entertainment industry.

Btw @syntyche, your previous post about BOF from FilmDaily is a double post, I posted the exact same article few days ago, just fyi, lol. :D 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@JoannaID, thanks, I replaced that post. :lol:

LMH is an incredibly chill person. I've read articles/anecdotes about this personality of his, and one of them is quoted below. These are translations of Faith's writer Song Ji Na's posts. From these, we get the impression that when faced with adversities, he just laughs it off and he takes things in stride. In this cutthroat industry, this attitude is exactly what you need to thrive and stay on top.    

Sometimes I can find the actor's character and charms which even the actor himself doesn't realize yet. And that is the writer and the director's job.

I could see only his well-mannered and decent aspects. I provoked him, and tried to make him angry...

But he just laughed "hehe", and blinked those big eyes of his repeatedly... -_-;;

And then something hit me... ^^ That has become Choi Young now.

There were many features of him I want to show you fans.

For example, on the script reading session over 3-4 hours, he and the acting teacher practiced together including screaming, and he was in distress even pulling his hair with his reddened face.

He was in deep agony screaming "Ahhhhhhh~~" and folding his long body to the extent of falling from a chair.

Nevertheless, after that, he laughed his typical "hehe" laughs, and so on.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:30 PM, syntyche said:

Translation of Faith's writer Song's comments about Minho's acting and his attitude

==================================
Normally, under such atrocious shooting conditions, even veteran actors are prone to do a rough job, but he was developing his acting steadily even in that circumstances.
Not to mention his acting with his eyes. And he scores<shows(?)> the accurate emotions of his character at any scene.
I thought he is very meticulous and has every calculation inside while looking loose outside.
When I watched his eyes in the Jeong Dong Haeng Seong fighting scene in episode 22, I thought, 'He has become Choi Young completely. I lost to him.'
He really did a great job in that scene despite adverse conditions!
Acting of being confused? and feeling of emptiness.
Frankly, I was surprised at that such a young actor at his age could express such internal emptiness!
It goes without saying his eyes toward a woman... a writer can get a free ride with such an actor like him!

[Anna's comment: I translated this sentence somewhat literally, but I'm sure you'll understand. She meant Minho's eyes can make writing love stories much easier for a writer.]

===================================
While I set up a character and give an actor the lines and settings, it is the actor himself that makes the character real.

It is the Choi Young that the actor Lee Min Ho made himself. ^^

◆ About actor Lee Min Ho who I worked with lately.

Even at a young age, he was an actor who will listen to his shortcomings and imperfections rather than merits and praises.
As he is a rare young actor who speaks "I'm short of this and that" with his own mouth, I don't worry about him.
To such an actor, I think his fans could say, "You are short of this and please make efforts for it" on their own.

===================================
[Anna's comment: This was a part of chatting with her fans before airing of the last episode of Faith]

◆ About his next role

I hope that Minho will act a more psychological thing rather than a romcom whoever his costar(an actress) will be.
I think Minho will do well a very painful character in a melodrama... like Heathcliff.
Actually, I had put 'Die Leiden des jungen Werthers' into the basis of the Choi Young character.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=118736655318510&amp;id=100015465282535

***

***

This post is for those who have deep affection for Faith and Choi Young Daejang. ^^

Faith's writer Song Ji-Na wrote a couple of posts about Minho on her homepage in 2012.

As far as I remember, the title of the first post was "Talks behind Lee Min Ho's back".

But she didn't have any negative connotations about the title. I clarify it in advance in order that her intention might not be distorted in the translation of the title. It was just a play on words.

She wrote her impression about Minho without his knowing. And lots of Minho and Faith fans were grateful to her and happy for her post.

I translated only Minho-related part of that post.

The original post was written on an early day of Faith airing, but I cannot recall the exact date. The original post was deleted long ago, so I can't check.

==============================

Frankly speaking, I never watched Minho's past works before.

After I joined the Faith production team and wrote some initial scripts, the director and the SBS chief PD in the drama department brought up Minho's name.

So I said to them, "Please give me some time." And then I watched through 'Personal Taste', and 'City Hunter' for a few days.

After watching his works I sent a text message to those two people. "I heard that he was young, but he can express love with his eyes, Aha..."

At our first meeting, my greatest concern was whether he could act with Hee-Sun as a couple or not.

Their age gap is as many as 10 years, so I worried about it, of course.

He came in black... And I felt 'Um? Well, it seems that they can make it...'

Then I made up various stories instantly in my head, matching up this and that.. Wow..

The more I imagined stories, the more I felt thrilled without knowing it precisely.

The next time when we met was the character meeting held in my work room. We talked about Choi Young's character written previously in the initial scripts.

In a case like that, I usually talk to the actor repeatedly and lead him to talk.

In my opinion, the best character is made from the genuine traits of the actor, only spiced a little by the writer.

Sometimes I can find the actor's character and charms which even the actor himself doesn't realize yet. And that is the writer and the director's job.

However, though we talked for quite a long time, it was hard for me to catch them from him at first... (Yep. I remind you, this is 'talks behind his back'...)

I could see only his well-mannered and decent aspects. I provoked him, and tried to make him angry...

But he just laughed "hehe", and blinked those big eyes of his repeatedly... -_-;;

(He may want to protest, saying "how can this be me?". But you did look like this to me, so now what?)

(I caught tiredness, loneliness, languidness, or whatever hidden behind his courteous smiles.)

And then, I totally changed the Choi Young part from the previous scripts to what we have now. (The previous Choi Young character was somewhat more macho and tougher.)

For example, on the script reading session over 3-4 hours, he and the acting teacher practiced together including screaming, and he was in distress even pulling his hair with his reddened face.

He was in deep agony screaming "Ahhhhhhh~~" and folding his long body to the extent of falling from a chair.

It was a pity that only I could see him at that time, but what could I do?

Ahhh.. I remember the day when the production team and I met Hee-Sun and Minho together for the first time. ^^

We were so pleased to death with seeing them sitting side by side.

I thought, 'Wow, it feels like matchmaking. Should we make them bow to each other?' or something like that.

Those two actors seemed to be match-made in heaven since their first meeting. On that day, seeing those two I could not help smiling inside.

I even thought that they could make their love story on their own even if I wrote rough scripts. What a relief...

Dear Minho, now sleep-deprived and busy shooting... I read an interview saying he already lost 7kg weight.

Please sleep and eat like Choi Young as much as possible on your own and I hope you will endure a long shooting schedule like a marathon. Fighting~!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117892685402907&amp;id=100015465282535

***

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, syntyche said:

LMH is an incredibly chill person. I've read articles/anecdotes about this personality of his, and one of them is quoted below. These are translations of Faith's writer Song Ji Na's posts. From these, we get the impression that when faced with adversities, he just laughs it off and he takes things in stride. In this cutthroat industry, this attitude is exactly what you need to thrive and stay on top.    

Aww @syntyche Thank you so much for sharing writer Song Ji-Na's homepage.  Really moves me reading her thoughts about LMH.  Could you please re-post the same over in Faith thread or have you done it in the past?

:heart4: