Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

50 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

That’s my kind of dramas :D

If it’s that, let’s make it next year. I’ll gladly accept!

The storyline sounds like it can be good too.

Possible FL? It’s been confirmed that JJH will lead the drama. Here’s where my doubt is because actors don’t usually collaborate again. It’s happened before but unlikely. 

I added JJH on my list specifically with this project in mind lol. I knew she was confirmed and I liked the writer and the director so I can’t wish lmh would be the lead without saying I want him to work with JJH again lol. The script sounds mature and way different from LOTBS so I think it’ll work. 
My exact thoughts! 

I release him too! True fans will not mind him switching up his image. It’s acting after all. 

Firstly, I am so glad to hear you have recovered! 
Secondly, I am with you. I prefer his next project to be a hit in his home country even if it’s not as successful overseas. I seriously could not stand all the negative talk about TKEM because it didn’t have ratings to back it up. It’s one of the biggest international hits yet people refuse to recognize it because of the local ratings. I hope whether it be a movie or drama, his next project will smash it in South Korea. 
I completely agree and see where you’re coming from. Generally, I don’t like idol actors either. BUT for me, IU is an exception. Her acting is impressive, more so than some established actresses. When she acts, I don’t see her as an idol at all. Plus, Korea loves her so this pairing might actually do well :D

Ditto. 
I have mixed feelings about Heirs because it’s the one project that gathered him many international haters. BUT I was honestly so happy for him because he received so much love. The Kim Tan wave was huge! And even until this day, his lines are iconic. 
I wish his next project will be just as loved by Koreans. I want a strong script with a well written character that will allow him to showcase his acting chops.
It’s a pity TKEM wasn’t received as positively in South Korea because lmh was wonderful as LG! While I enjoyed it a lot, I also hated hearing the negative noise surrounding it. If I’m honest, I’m a bit glad it’s over so he can move on to better things. 

I honestly fail to see the importance of general local critics regarding TKEM and I heard things but nothing significiant and even the opinions that came out were hardly significiant or detrimental to TKEM. He only grew on that and look at TKEM how much it gained. I have also seen alot of praise from SK. You have both parts but nothing of it really matter. Because nothing could have propelled this show to be become such massive hit overseas or prevent it and just something that was bound to happen.

I also see alot of mention about dramas here and there I necessarily don't agree I want him to remain on TKEM and use it as ''HYPE MACHINE'' staying with it for like 3-4 seasons they can make it bigger and bigger. This has alot of hype and he can use that to his benefit instead of just leaving to look for something that is hardly interesting. 

While staying on TKEM for couple more seasons I want him to do movies on the side and I am gonna be honest and frank I want TKEM to be his last ever drama where he takes 3-4 more seasons with TKEM and after that no more dramas. He should release atleast 2 projects every year 1 movie and 2nd season TKEM followed by another 1 movie and TKEM 3rd seasons etc etc. Until the 4th season of TKEM. 

Why would I want him to remain on TKEM? It's because I truly and sincerely believe that the sky is the limit and it can become really really big if you keep building on it and that is how shows generally grow. It got massive hype already and fandom and they just continue growing due to word of mouth until it just gets bigger and bigger because all of the big shows started out smaller and just kept growing from season to season and this is in my opinion great start for TKEM and to explode further and further. He should use TKEM as side thing for him to raise interest and cause fanfare while doing movies on the side for serious reasons but whatever he dose he should not leave TKEM that is GEM. I am seeing things from clear glasses here 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, Heilo said:

While staying on TKEM for couple more seasons I want him to do movies on the side and I am gonna be honest and frank I want TKEM to be his last ever drama where he takes 3-4 more seasons with TKEM and after that no more dramas. He should release atleast 2 projects every year 1 movie and 2nd season TKEM followed by another 1 movie and TKEM 3rd seasons etc etc. Until the 4th season of TKEM. 

Why would I want him to remain on TKEM? It's because I truly and sincerely believe that the sky is the limit and it can become really really big if you keep building on it and that is how shows generally grow. It got massive hype already and fandom and they just continue growing due to word of mouth until it just gets bigger and bigger because all of the big shows started out smaller and just kept growing from season to season and this is in my opinion great start for TKEM and to explode further and further. He should use TKEM as side thing for him to raise interest and cause fanfare while doing movies on the side for serious reasons but whatever he dose he should not leave TKEM that is GEM. I am seeing things from clear glasses here

If only the writers and producers were willing to nurture TKEM and let it grow bigger and bigger. It’s big enough as is. For a Netflix show, it’ll definitely explode with season 2. Believe me, I would love to watch 3 more seasons of TKEM but the chances of renewal is unlikely so I have no hopes it’ll happen.

I like the way you think though. 2 projects every year. I’m up for it lol. 

• Like 6

LMH twt update

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003584416?lfrom=twitter

2020061601001411200096901_20200615093505

2020061601001411200096903_20200615093505

Spoiler

2020061601001411200096902_20200615093505

"The King" Lee Min-ho, endless challenges and growth...Acting Life Starts Second Act

Lee Min-ho, who has grown into a representative actor in Korea, has already marked his 14th year since his debut, boasting a wide spectrum on TV and movie screen, from modern to historical dramas, and from Romantic Comedy to Action Noir.

He marked the beginning of the second act of his acting career in his 30s through the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which ended on the 12th. Lee Min-ho, who returned after three years after "Legend of the Blue Sea," played the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, which added to his weight as an actor by showing off his dignified appearance and serious acting.

After being discharged from the military, he made an irreplaceable emperor character with more mature and masculine visuals wearing imperial uniforms, naval uniforms and horseback riding suits. His wide range of acting skills, ranging from melodrama to action, has enhanced the perfection of the parallel world fantasy romance. Above all, his deep melodrama skills greatly filled the drama. Lee Min-ho, who had delivered with sincere lines and monologues, touched the hearts of viewers with his affectionate emotional performances until the end, putting a perfect end to the eight-month-long journey.

The evolution of Lee Min-ho's romance, which was shown as "The King," has made us look forward to his future moves. Lee Min-ho, who made his official debut in the EBS drama "Secret Campus" in 2006, gradually accumulated his 14-year filmography. He gained experience by participating in a number of works, including dramas, "Mackerel Run," "I am Sam," and movies such as "Public Enemy Returns" and "Our School's E.T."

Even after being reborn as a Hallyu star through "Boys Over Flowers" (2009), Lee expanded his spectrum regardless of genres and roles such as modern and historical dramas, romantic comedies and melodies, thrillers and action noir. It can be seen that there were endless challenges and efforts to become an actor representing Korea through various roles.

Lee Min-ho, who returned to "Personal Taste" (2010) after "Boys Over Flowers," showed off a different charm as an architectural designer, and made a drastic change in his first action performance as "City Hunter" (2011). Despite being the first action drama to challenge him since his debut, Lee was well-received at home and abroad for his excellent performance of the Philippine real-life martial arts Arnis and Kravmaga, a type of special martial arts.

Since then, Lee's challenge has continued. He challenged his first historical drama through "Faith" (2012). His deep eyes and restrained action have made many female fans fall into "Choi Young sickness". Lee Min-ho then moved back to the modern drama, culminating in a teen romance with "The Heirs" (2013). If Gu Jun-pyo of "Boys Over Flowers" was the second generation of a tough conglomerate in a typical pure anime, Kim Tan of "The Heirs" (2013) was a person based on loneliness due to the inherent pain of being a chaebol. Lee Min-ho gained popularity as a syndrome-class actor with his mixed performance as heir Kim Tan.

Lee Min-ho tried to change his acting style again without complacency. In the movie "Gangnam 1970" (2015), Lee made a successful screen debut with a dramatic change in his acting as a tough fighter. In particular, despite his injuries, large or small, he delivered with his perfect performance on all action scenes, and earned the acclaim "Lee Min-ho's rediscovery."

In the "Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016-2017), which marks the end of his 20s, he burst into acting potentials with colorful transformations that combine the charms of the past and present life of Heo Jun-jae. It was a work that showed a glimpse of his strong masculinity.

In "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020), which he began as a 30-year-old actor after his military hiatus, Lee Min-ho's acting skills and passion were confirmed again. He drew attention with a more mature acting transformation that completely elevated the male lead from the high-teen romance he showed in his 20s. Viewers who watched "The King" commented that they felt the maturity in his 30s. This is why Lee Min-ho is looking forward to the days ahead since his debut 14 years ago.

Let's go to King Sejong Institute with actor Lee Min ho! eng

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

OK.. Final thoughts!  :glasses:

- Before LMH's next project, he will have 19-20 M followers  (this maybe random, but i just love it that the number of his followers are increasing at a crazy fast rate)

-1 movie and 1 tvN drama or Netflix original series (please no sbs)

-Movie: unusual character and different story- Collaboration with great co-stars-

- My final vote for his next drama: Title: don't know :lol: Director: Lee Eun Bok, writer: not sure, whoever writes a solid story and gives him fair screen time, co-star: Park Bo Young , Genre: romance, mystery, action, comedy :lol:  honestly don't know-whatever he wants to explore. But lets be honest, most of the mega hit dramas that create popular OTP are rom-com. K-netizens don't like very sad dramas or dramas that don't involve romance. If we want LMH to come back with a blockbuster drama which can gain recognition in SK, he should probably choose rom-com in his next project. I agree that it is good if he explores different genre and story. But may be his agency make him to do something that caters general public of SK this time. But he can very well explore a different genre and story in movies. 

By the way,  @scrawford mentioned Hong sisters. The thing with Hong sisters is that not all their ideas are good. Sometimes I like their drama and sometimes don't. I think it is more like hit or miss. For example, at first I liked their drama MS (Gong hye jin), but after some episodes I lost interest. They usually start strong but then lose ideas. Another thing is that I see a pattern of well-written female characters in their dramas. Her male leads are not that memorable like how KES's are. I personally watched HDL because of IU's character. 

OH MY GOD!!! someone calm me down!!! :lol:Why does his hairstyle look so good?? in the video that @syntyche shared about King saejon institute. His hair looks different in an adorable way. I know his TKEM hairstyle is similar. But in the video it looks like he has some kinda cute perm and his forehead is covered more compared to TKEM. it is so good!! Is it new hairstyle for new project? LOL just kidding!! :lol:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Please vote for (or place in order) our next thing-to-keep-us-going-until-his-next-project.   .  We'll need a bit of time to coordinate so whatever wins; we will begin weekend in July 4-5.  Remember next weekend June 19-22 is the birthday party for LMH.

1. Watch the Good Day series (I think the English translation is complete through ep 18 of 24--@gtlmh0622- correct me if I'm wrong), Toyota series

2.  Quizzes about his past drama (example:  What is the name of GJP's father in BOF? Hints such as the episode where you can find the info will be provided if everyone is stumped)  I'll need volunteers for this @msdot is a Faith expert, so she can help with questions.  Maybe @CallieP for City Hunter?  I might be able to help on BOF and LBS.

3.  Favorites:  fave drama, OST, bromance, uniform etc.  We did this at the end of LBS; I thought it was fun to see everyone's answers.  

My vote is (1)quizzes, (2)favorites (3)then the Good Day series.

Sorry that I have not completed translation of Good Day ep. 19 - 24, and I can't promise when I will complete the translation.  :(

My vote is same as @CarolynH because quizzes seem lots of fun and then I will have less pressures to do translation. :P

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Somehow the above post is frozen.

@Lmanglaand @CarolynH

My poll question to be added to other poll questions sent by others.

9. Do you want a season 2 of TKEM starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun? 

Yes

No

Thanks!

will note it down;

just to let you know, the actors section also has a poll feature. so if you want, you can use that to create a quiz using the poll function. or you can do it more informally with the regular post quote box.

• Like 7

@Nikaa94 Kang Sora and LMH surely will be a visual couple. And I was expecting to see them together in cell return CF but they promoted individually (***sigh...)

She is quite popular actress not to that much of Park shin hye or song hye kyo or a strong fan base like LMH but she had made her own niche in Korean industry ! 

@scrawford Kim eun hee writer will strongly bring an impact !

Me too wish if he could act with those male actors (their bromance would be ....* swooning* too delulu you know ! )

be LMH KWB or LMH WDH or KRW LMH

he shows chemistry with everyone he pairs with a70d20ad768faa4a81e91b1cf3f75639c011e801

@Heretorant did you just come out of my mind ? The thoughts in my mind were exactly written in your post ! 

Me too wasn’t too fond of kingdom 2 the only thing that made me excited and surprised was the last scene and I screamed shim cheong aaaahhh ! Neo wae yogi isseo (why are you here ?!) 

that was totally unexpected (didn’t catch up with its updates !

but the thing is am way too biased I guess coz it still hurts me thinking abt LOTBS, JJH was indeed needed to be praised for her acting skills but same does for LMH and it felt like all were going crazy over her ! Hoe Joon jae was truly too adorable ! 

I still can’t get over the drunken HJJ

5560446729817bd0467c89f97775f7cb.gif

@Deepakmahajan me too want him to get more recognised in his own country for what he does ( he gives his all in ) just like how BTS are slaying it !

They has more fan base overseas but now everyone acknowledge them even in their own country !

As I said this man had got all the potential in him and I pray he get all the chances to show it out.

@CarolynH but aren’t you the one who started this thread on June 22 2007 ?

me too  vote for the same

1.quizzes

2.favourites  

3. Good day series 

miss him badly and hope he would come back soon ! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Now open:

http://leeminho.kr/us/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1000000093

EaNUQAnU0AEBf7H?format=jpg&name=900x900

45UJq4X.png

WvCPoB0.png

Spoiler

iTRZNWB.png

Due to the Covid-19, the fan club kit delivery schedule may be different by country/region.

Notice of global delivery

Hello, everyone. This is MINOZ operation manager.

Due to the Covid-19, global delivery is being delayed.

Please check the following information regarding global shipping.

Goods are delivered via EMS, and it will be updated regularly.

Spoiler

lzSzCGn.png

a0qfIaC.png

ZL5mUOy.png

http://leeminho.kr/us/board/view.php?&bdId=notice&sno=149

• Like 8

Guys you know , if lee min ho has to play second lead with senior actors like song kang ho or lee byung hun, i dont mind it at all. It will help his movie resume to build ,working with acclaimed movie stars, directors and built a reputation in movie land and his connections in movie industry. His overseas power will make sure producers make profit from overseas. He just needs some right movies under his built.

With k movies going global , though still less than drama, his popularity overseas can help korean movies expand even more.

King was 32 billion won but made profit pre airing only because of lmh. And  rumors inside say, he got paid 300 usd won over per episode or 4.8 million usd for whole season , but he will never mediaplay him being highest paid. We all know how private he is with his money and investments. I wont be surprised if some day his real estate gets revealed, bcoz i m sure he must have bought a lot of buildings already . But i love how humble he is with his money and never show off.

And dont be surprised  if netflix is already wooing him after king's success. Cant wait fir year end ranking. It is either king or cloy which will end as number one k drama on netflix this year which is huge.

And netflix has more reach than bof or heirs, mega smashes overseas. I wonder if hallyu ban gets removed , he will be back in china bcoz he was once watched by billion chinese on tv and they r not going to forgot him lol.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Guys you know , if lee min ho has to play second lead 

You can bring Donald trump or anyone LMH will never second lead.. period the idea itself is outlandish bro. I can't even believe you penned that down

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

3 minutes ago, Time loop said:

You can bring Donald trump or anyone LMH will never second lead.. period the idea itself is outlandish bro. I can't even believe you penned that down

Lol. Don't take me wrong. I just want him to get success in movie land. Playing strong character based role even it is second lead is nothing wrong. If it helps his brand as movie star. But i agree i doubt he will lol. Like go hyun jung in queen seondeok or something  she walked away as the ultimate winner.

Better if he leads a movie with senior actor in equal footing. That is better way to describe. Working with movie stars like song kang ho etc will be great opportunity in movie land imo.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Lol. Don't take me wrong. I just want him to get success in movie land. Playing strong character based role even it is second lead is nothing wrong. If it helps his brand as movie star. But i agree i doubt he will lol. Like go hyun jung in queen seondeok or something  she walked away as the ultimate winner.

Better if he leads a movie with senior actor in equal footing. That is better way to describe. Working with movie stars like song kang ho etc will be great opportunity in movie land imo.

It's honestly not an idea to even consider imo. His a self-made man his a strong leading actor and his success speaks for itself. If anything the actors you mention should get second lead to get some exposure in his movies. Thats how it rolls  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Time loop said:

It's honestly not an idea to even consider imo. His a self-man made his a strong leading actor and his success speaks for itself. If anything the actors you mention should get second lead to get some exposure in his movies. Thats how it rolls  

Let’s call it a mutually beneficial collaboration :D

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

28 minutes ago, Time loop said:

It's honestly not an idea to even consider imo. His a self-man made his a strong leading actor and his success speaks for itself. If anything the actors you mention should get second lead to get some exposure in his movies. Thats how it rolls  

I know very well lmh is self made superstar, thing is he needs to build movie resume and i know he will. If he goes full out. He needs to sign many of them now.

The actors i mentioned are top movie stars for decades selling tens of millions of tickets per movie.  Working with them will only  help his movie career in movie land. Key word is movie career here. Ofcourse he doesnt need anyone but working with thrm is going to benefit  him as movie star. He has done just one korean movie so far which must be his own personal decision bcoz dramas brought him more money and brands. He is still a newbie in movie land with whole career ahead there. Movie career is more long compared to dramas.

Mutual benefit like @Heretorant said. He will bring overseas success whereas it will boast his reputation as movie actor in korea. They can co lead.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Guys you know , if lee min ho has to play second lead with senior actors like song kang ho or lee byung hun, i dont mind it at all. It will help his movie resume to build ,working with acclaimed movie stars, directors and built a reputation in movie land and his connections in movie industry. His overseas power will make sure producers make profit from overseas. He just needs some right movies under his built.

With k movies going global , though still less than drama, his popularity overseas can help korean movies expand even more.

King was 32 billion won but made profit pre airing only because of lmh. And  rumors inside say, he got paid 300 usd won over per episode or 4.8 million usd for whole season , but he will never mediaplay him being highest paid. We all know how private he is with his money and investments. I wont be surprised if some day his real estate gets revealed, bcoz i m sure he must have bought a lot of buildings already . But i love how humble he is with his money and never show off.

And dont be surprised  if netflix is already wooing him after king's success. Cant wait fir year end ranking. It is either king or cloy which will end as number one k drama on netflix this year which is huge.

And netflix has more reach than bof or heirs, mega smashes overseas. I wonder if hallyu ban gets removed , he will be back in china bcoz he was once watched by billion chinese on tv and they r not going to forgot him lol.

Yes, he's new in K-movies, it's good for him to work with those big movie stars. Many K-movies had 2 or more big stars in one movie.
I just watched Ashfall last week. If LMH will get offers like this kind of movie, I don't mind he's one of male leads or even 2nd male lead.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I know very well lmh is self made superstar.

he has exposure inside and outisde of his country so he doesn't need anyone in that matter. It's these upcoming rookies who goes thru the journey you are describing. He has probably multiple movie scripts sitting on his desk top as the leading man. He co-star once with bigger movie stars then these you mentioned in Wallace Huo and Tiffany tang but guess they had to fall back to second lead. You see what I mean. His just not there in his career where you think he is. He has probably multiple scripts and offers from overseas collaboration with much bigger stars but they will all have to fall in line and let him take the lead period

• Like 8

^^^See we have agree to disagree.you are not getting my point. He is still newbie in korean movie land. That is what i am saying. I am sure if he goes full out, he will dominate there too. He barely focused on movie career. But now i think he will and most top korean movies are esemble with many leads. Thats it^^ i want him to succeed there.

I will be more than happy if he gets big movie roles to play and lead movies. That is my wish as a fan. I just want the best for him. And shut some people up lol

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

^^^See we have agree to disagree.you are not getting my point. He is still newbie in korean movie land. That is what i am saying. I am dure if he goes full out, he will dominate there too. He barely focused on movie career. But now i think he will and most top korean movies are esemble with many leads. Thats it^^

I will be more than happy if he gets big movie roles to play and lead movies. That is my wish as a fan. I just want the best for him. And shut some people up lol

he wanted to star in more dramas and that was self-made decision because there is alot more money in dramas then movies since cinema market is very small there but since there is Covid19 it opens new channel for him to reach bigger audience thru his movies via netflix origin movies. But don't ever assume that anyone can give anything off beneficial to him thats just not the truth. He gains no benefit from anyone except from himself and he worked for that and deserves it 

• Like 5