Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Welcome @Elnin Joery and @lyrically aesthetic to the LMH thread!

I'm currently participating in the Viki watch party of Heirs ep 1 & 2.  Lots of good comments from people watching The King.  They don't understand the low ratings and why Koreans don't like it.  Favorable comments of LMH's acting.

OMG, I love that LMH sent Maximus gifts!:heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 5

I read it in these chingus twitter acc.

"@chaesoobinie

·

1h

LOUDER

Quote Tweet

The King: Eternal Monarch #TKEM

@yourkdramaqueen

· 8h

Just because you don't understand the plot of a movie/kdrama, doesn't mean it's not good."

credit to the owner

YEEEEEEEES, chingus say it LOUDER!

could not resist not posting it .

I can not follow closely the thread friends but if its already posted I am sorry .

Do I have to give any credit when I post from twitter?

Its such a long time when I last did it I can not remember.

Let me know .

• Like 6
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I think the drama is really good and has been beneficial to him when everything is considered. The SBS is just a minor thing and dosen't hinder the success of the show on the wider scale. He has gained 3mio followers since airing of TKEM and still going. It has been positive for him internationally and local endorsements so on that front it has been good.

As for a new drama? I don't want him to take another drama here atleast for few years but I want him to remain on this drama for second season and remain with his WIFEY Kim Go Eun and babymama:kiss_wink: How can he leave the set when she is there.. there is big demand for 2nd second season. 

Heres to hoping that they will be hugging out in the bambo forest for couple more seasons :joy: 

KES owes her loyal International fans 2-3 more season of TKEM not only 1.. 

Elnin Joery, I'm not really into part2/sequels/season 2 for any dramas/movies since my principle being a viewer is you just can't surpass the original..... :blush:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

@gtLmh0622

You mentioned that MCs of variety shows are respecting him very much, what do they say about him?  He does very little variety shows, why? People will see him more and love this humble and dorky ways. Il Woo promotes him though. LOL

China will be a huge market for him and Chinese movies could be a greater success than Hollywood since he is liked in China and not so well known in the US so distribution will be wider. He is being recognized in India, Middle East, South America. New markets for him apart from South East Asia where he is already very popular.  The problem is there is still a Hallyu ban in China so he won't be able to take advantage of that market. Sigh!

Yes, he does very little variety shows, but they will mention him. You know when the news reported LMH, they always said Hallyu Star Lee Min Ho, and he is top Hallyu Star certified by his government, so he stands at top position of entertainment industry. I felt that he seemed a legend when those MCs of variety shows talking about him. Especially most of them didn't see him in person, they are more curious about him.

Once I watched a clip of Jung Sung-hwa (LMH's co-star in Personal Taste) in a variety show. Although he is much senior than LMH, but he used very respectful way to call LMH that surprised all others in the show. 

And I've read a Chinese article to reveal the positions of Korean entertainment industry. The top position is Hallyu stars who represent the nation, only 4 at this position - Lee Young Ae, Bae Yong Joon, JJH and LMH.  (And just for your information, followings are movie actors, Hallyu stars, actors, MCs and idols.)

LMH said the reason he didn't attend variety shows is they did much better than him in pleasing audience. He is the one doing the best in everything he tried. He won't try something that he does not have much assurance. But in his fan meeting last time, he said he liked PD Nah, maybe he would attend PD Nah's show if there's proper opportunity.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, happivirus said:

@willenette I begged to have different opinion  on this. Usually show did poorly on rating also didn't do well on streaming site. However TKEM is very unique, despite doing not so well in rating but perform extremely well on streaming site, such as Wave and Netflix ( sitting No1 in many countries).  Currently sitting 19 in the world and highly predicted to be top 10 later on on Netflex World chart, to make it to top 20 in the World being the only Kdrama to do so is an amazing achievement already. Having international success is no joke on its own. 

Any production LMH on board later on knows his international power.

happivirus, I respect your opinion - since nobody's alike, anyway. I guess what we need to do is wait & see & hope for always the BEST! I always wish this for LMH. :blush:

• Like 6

Do you guys know if the wrap-up party for dramas are thrown after the cast are done with filming or is it after the final episode of drama? 

Wrap-up party pics and videos are also what I am looking forward to. :D

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

@gtLmh0622

You mentioned that MCs of variety shows are respecting him very much, what do they say about him?  He does very little variety shows, why? People will see him more and love this humble and dorky ways. Il Woo promotes him though. LOL

China will be a huge market for him and Chinese movies could be a greater success than Hollywood since he is liked in China and not so well known in the US so distribution will be wider. He is being recognized in India, Middle East, South America. New markets for him apart from South East Asia where he is already very popular.  The problem is there is still a Hallyu ban in China so he won't be able to take advantage of that market. Sigh!

@Elnin Joery

How can he leave the set when she is there.. there is big demand for 2nd second season. 

He can just do King for Netflix and not SBS so he does not need to worry about ratings then??? I don't think SBS will show King again due to low ratings. Positive side, less PPL and they can concentrate on story instead. LOL!

CallieP,  I very much agree with you about China - There are 2-reasons why K-stars appear in the Mainland especially C-movies. 1st, this is kind of "Territory Expansion". 2nd, the pay is higher in China than it is in Korea & they know that the C-market will soon earn of the international market. They get paid about twice as much there. That's why, many prefer to star in C-movies. C-market is big. That means China has a lot of market to cover. How much stars get paid for commercials is not the only barometer of their popularity in China. Frequency of web searches is also a good indicator. But, even if you're a big star, if you don't follow-up with subsequent work, you're immediately forgotten by the public. That's as true in China as anywhere else. :blush:

About PPL (indirect ad), I feel that those PPL in the drama were done cleverly well. :lol:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Do you guys know if the wrap-up party for dramas are thrown after the cast are done with filming or is it after the final episode of drama? 

Wrap-up party pics and videos are also what I am looking forward to. :D

Nikaa94, wrap-up party is usually done/happen after the drama ended. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

I read it in these chingus twitter acc.

"@chaesoobinie

·

1h

LOUDER

Quote Tweet

The King: Eternal Monarch #TKEM

@yourkdramaqueen

· 8h

Just because you don't understand the plot of a movie/kdrama, doesn't mean it's not good."

YEEEEEEEES, chingus say it LOUDER!

could not resist not posting it .

I can not follow closely the thread friends but if its already posted I am sorry .

Do I have to give any credit when I post from twitter?

Its such a long time when I last did it I can not remember.

Let me know .

kiklaminHo, as a sign of respect to the original poster, you should do give credit. :blush:

7 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

@willenette

What should I write my friend?

"credit to the owner?"

kiklaminHo, ye, you can do that or you may also specify the name......But, the 1st is good enough. :blush:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 18-24, 2020

dramaratings_2.jpg

Friday, May 22      
The King: Eternal Monarch 11 SBS 6.6%
Saturday, May 23      
Once Again 33 KBS 21.8%
Once Again 34 KBS 26.3%
The King: Eternal Monarch 12 SBS 8.1%
Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation 1 OCN 1.9%
When My Love Blooms

(skipped unrelated.....)

source http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-18-24-2020/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I hope you don't mind me requoting the embedded tweet but this literally made me cry this morning. I dunno why I'm emotional over this but this really makes me stan LMH even more. He is such a genuine/ sweet/thoughtful /kind/overall amazing person :bawling: I truly admire his character as a person!!! HAAAAY I'm really glad that I got to know him more because of The King and I will always be thankful for the fans that continue to show off how amazing he is. He deserves all the love and even more!!  *gonna go back and cry again*

Hiii Chinggu @Heretorant - I am 1000% all in stanning your boy now. Forever. :heart:

• Like 14
  • Love 3

I read a post on Weibo : https://www.weibo.com/2647940790/J3oUe3CTz?type=comment#_rnd1590384958784

(Translation)
Did LMH learn acting at Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London ? His acting is totally different from other Korean actors'. I will not be surprised if any London accent from his mouth. 

:lol:

That's not first time I read comments saying his acting is like the students from Royal Academy. And yes, I like very much his natural acting. For me, it's very hard to accept those over acting of many Korean actors.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, he does very little variety shows, but they will mention him. You know when the news reported LMH, they always said Hallyu Star Lee Min Ho, and he is top Hallyu Star certified by his government, so he stands at top position of entertainment industry. I felt that he seemed a legend when those MC of variety shows talking about him. Especially most of them didn't see him in person, they are more curious about him.

Once I watched a clip of Jung Sung-hwa (LMH's co-star in Personal Taste) in a variety show. Although he is much senior than LMH, but he used very respectful way to call LMH that surprised all others in the show. 

And I've read a Chinese article to reveal the positions of Korean entertainment industry. The top position is Hallyu stars who represent the nation, only 4 at this position - Lee Young Ae, Bae Yong Joon, JJH and LMH.  (And just for your information, followings are movie actors, Hallyu stars, actors, MCs and idols.)

LMH said the reason he didn't attend variety shows is they did much better than him in pleasing audience. He is the one doing the best in everything he tried. He won't try something that he does not have much assurance. But in his fan meeting last time, he said he liked PD Nah, maybe he would attend PD Nah's show if there's proper opportunity.

@gtLmh0622 do you have clips or links that you can share with us? Love to see it.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 2:01 PM, happivirus said:

@gtLmh0622 do you have clips or links that you can share with us? Love to see it.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't find the link now.

Spoiler

Jung Sung-hwa and Lee Tae Ri (also named Lee Min Ho before, and he changed his name to Lee Tae Ri) were in the same show that day, so they mentioned LMH. When MC asked Jung Sung-hwa to compare LMH and Lee Tae Ri, Jung talked to LTR : although you are great, but talking about temperament, magnanimity and doing things, LMH is more outstanding.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1