Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

OMG, I heard on the grapevine that there was an announcement on the official Minoz website requesting Minoz not to gather on his enlistment day because he wanted to make it quiet, so I was thinking there might be no pictures at all.

But Minho, you are too big a star to ask for that.

Take care, we will be waiting for you #AlwaysWithLeeMinHo

cr: purple_candy

• Like 13

2 hours ago, nika94 said:

5/12/2017

Oppa:bawling:@leeminhosny@CarolynH@gtLmh0622@Cang Doan@mythicalove@Chellsee@Kris Silva

Credit: as tagged

Credit: as tagged

Hi nika, thanks for sharing the photos. I heard that LMH will do the other way round this time – he reports to start his service first before going into training. And look at the hair, it was not cut to short. Sigh..........so this is it now! :o

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, orangelab said:

Can fans actually go visit LMH during the time he'll be working as civil servant? 

He went out from the back door of Gangnam District Office after 20 minutes of he went in. Then he went to the appointed office for working.  Have not heard the location he's actually working.

It'd better fans not go to visit him within his working times.

Pictures from official Weibo account of Gangnam District :

0065yoGpgy1ffie4ppjamj31kw1tv15q.jpg

0065yoGpgy1ffie4n84yzj31kw2b5nas.jpg

0065yoGpgy1ffie4kt27zj31kw20ok3u.jpg

Spoiler

0065yoGpgy1ffie4hid49j31kw2brnfo.jpg

0065yoGpgy1ffie4ew4fxj31kw2ijk5k.jpg

0065yoGpgy1ffie4cdm6hj31kw17salh.jpg

• Like 14

(LEAD) Actor Lee Min-ho starts military duty in social welfare center in Seoul's Gangnam

(ATTN: CHANGES headline, photo; ADDS details throughout)

SEOUL, May 12 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Min-ho began working at a social welfare center in southern Seoul on Friday as a substitute for his mandatory military service.

Wearing a black mask and dressed in black pants and a gray jacket, he arrived at the Gangnam Ward Office around 8:45 a.m. Hundreds of fans were waiting for him.

He was ordered to fulfill his duty as a public service worker due to the injuries he sustained in two car accidents, in 2006 and 2011, according to his management agency MYM Entertainment.

AEN20170512003351315_03_i.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho arrives at the Gangnam Ward Office on May 12, 2017, to start his military service. (Yonhap)

He recently shared his encounters with soldiers on the front line during a press briefing for the MBC TV documentary "DMZ, the Wild," for which he volunteered to narrate.

"I will serve my duty soon, and I feel sad to say goodbye (to fans). I want to do one more job if possible, before I go," he said.

Shortly after he arrived at the ward office, he moved to the Suseo Social Welfare Center to begin his official service. The center is run by the ward office.

AEN20170512003351315_02_i.jpg

Wearing a black mask, actor Lee Min-ho arrives at the Gangnam Ward Office on May 12, 2017, to start his military service. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/05/12/0200000000AEN20170512003351315.html

===========================================================================

Lee Min Ho begins his public service in Gangnam

201705120915770426_5914ffb0c8cdb.jpg

201705120915770426_5914ffb195f2b.jpg

screenshot-entertain.naver.com+2017-05-1

Article: Lee Min Ho begins public service at Gangnam office

Source: Sports Seoul via Naver

1. [+3,382, -263] Lucky for the staff who work at the Gangnam office ㅎㅎ

2. [+3,210, -523] He got into a huge car accident when he was a rookie which caused a lot of hardships for him. He's fully deserving to go into public service.

3. [+2,745, -399] He's in public service for a legitimate reason so don't hate on him blindly. Celebrities get it way harsher than others when it comes to stuff like this.

4. [+2,468, -405] He is deserving of public service. Don't hate on him because of others who are avoiding service by going into public service.

5. [+1,610, -206] Serve well

-

Source: Nate

1. [+474, -64] Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo got into a really bad car accident a long time ago, which is why he's serving in public service now. You can go look up the articles from the time. He's not purposely avoiding service.

2. [+421, -56] He got into a car accident that forced him into getting leg treatments for over a year with several surgeries. That's why he's in public service now.

3. [+273, -44] Finish up your service well and let's see you in a drama soon

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2017/05/lee-min-ho-begins-his-public-service-in.html

• Like 13

@nika94:  hugs sweetie!  I hope that you will be an active participant in the BOF rewatch as I recall GJP is one of your favorite characters. 

@willenette:  I don't understand.  So, he starts service then goes to basic training then goes back to service? Why wouldn't he start with basic training then start his service?  I was surprised to see the length of his hair also. It doesn't look as though it's been cut.  I was surprised to see how tired his eyes look though.

@1ouise: your wait is almost over- the rewatch begins in a little over a week!  

• Like 6

Lee Min-ho Set to Start Military Service

photo847614.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho is set to start his mandatory military service this week. Lee, who has actively engaged in charitable activities and donations, vowed to continue his good deeds while serving his military duties, in an e-mail interview on Wednesday.

Lee created an online fundraising platform in 2014 to encourage his fans to participate in donations and volunteering works.

"When I started donating through the platform, which sets different themes every year such as shortage of water, safety of children and protection of animal, my fans showed their interest and joined in on the efforts", said Lee. "I was able to newly realize the importance of sharing while doing that".

Lee has donated over W400 million thanks to fundraising activities through the platform.

Encouraged by his donations and goodwill activities, many of his fans not only in Korea but also in China and Hong Kong have made donations to various charitable organizations including UNICEF.

"I learned a lot about the meaning of sharing since I became an actor", Lee said. "As I received a lot of support and love from my fans, I want to reciprocate somehow. I'd like to keep working to promote the pleasures of sharing among as many people as possible".

Lee shot to stardom after several hit TV series including "Boys over Flowers" and "The Heirs".

"I want to grow into an actor who has his own style and unique personality", Lee said. "I will be back with a more mature look".

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

@nika94:  hugs sweetie!  I hope that you will be an active participant in the BOF rewatch as I recall GJP is one of your favorite characters. 

@willenette:  I don't understand.  So, he starts service then goes to basic training then goes back to service? Why wouldn't he start with basic training then start his service?  I was surprised to see the length of his hair also. It doesn't look as though it's been cut.  I was surprised to see how tired his eyes look though.

@1ouise: your wait is almost over- the rewatch begins in a little over a week!  

Hi CarolynH, I was wondering, too - What I know is usually they start to have their basic training then after the (4) weeks of training that will be the time they could start their MS. That's why, I said earlier that it's the other way round for LMH. Ye, his hair is the usual hair that he has. But, I have a feeling that this will be cut when he starts his basic training soon. Wait & see - I hope we could get his pics once in a while soon. About the eyes, a little bit of sadness, that I can see. But, right you are, too - he might be tired because he did many things to maybe finish everything prior his military entry.:lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

He went out from the back door of Gangnam District Office after 20 minutes of he went in. Then he went to the appointed office for working.  Have not heard the location he's actually working.

It'd better fans not go to visit him within his working times.

Pictures from official Weibo account of Gangnam District :

Reveal hidden contents

0065yoGpgy1ffie4hid49j31kw2brnfo.jpg

0065yoGpgy1ffie4ew4fxj31kw2ijk5k.jpg

0065yoGpgy1ffie4cdm6hj31kw17salh.jpg

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing that picture where he was writing something inside the office. Also, thanks for sharing the info of the time he was there. Please keep them coming.....:lol:

• Like 3

Wow, not so quiet after all!  That is understandable with his popularity and all.  Some people are still commenting he is getting preference treatment because he is not serving in the frontline?  .. what a shame and how ignorant they are! These have been going on for months about his injuries back in 2006 ,,, well coming from a country with mandatory military service, this kind of situation is the normal and not because he is being treated specially.

Its good to see him today, which is unexpected.  Fellow Minoz try not be too sad, he is serving his country and we should support him and be happy for him and proud that he is doing his duties.  I am actually itching to know what exactly his duties are and wonder if the social welfare centre that he is allocated to will have an increase in applicant ...hahaha ... just to have him process their papers .... .  Jokes aside, I agree with some that fellow minoz should not visit his place of work, that being a government dept and should be a place for people in need of social assistance (if that is the place he will be),  Let him serve the country and people in peace!  Be happy everyone and stay healthy, that is the spirit that LMH wants from his fans, so we should  do that and make him proud.   God bless!

• Like 9