Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

You mean LMH can’t be Noa? Why? 

If he is son, mom should be so old :lol: I don't know I think so :lol:

If main character is woman , I think she should be young :lol: I don't think they will pick old woman character as main role , just my prediction 

• Like 3

On 10/19/2020 at 3:09 PM, Prerna said:

Hello ppl I was a silent lurker here since long but after LMH such an amazing news thought to unlurk myself.....:D

I have seen all of his work in the past but was a silent admirer of his work but since tkem I have started respecting his art a lot more and I am happy that he is doing such amazing work....wanted to celebrate with you all his latest big news of picking such an amazing drama.....I have read the book and if he picks this up it’s going to be a daebak time for him and his career....

so I just saw this (edited version) of pachinko on YT and thought to share it here....

I hope to learn a lot more about such an amazing person from you all long time minoz and support him in his future ventures and party along with you guys for his achievements....

@Prerna okay, from my view point, I have to admit that I'm more a film / movie person. I think it's a film that has a very nostalgic place in my heart and I love it a lot. :D especially the last his drama is my favourite. this upcoming film PACHINKO has everything, love, hardship, hope, life lessons and one of the best redemption arks I've ever seen, it's definitely will be a great movie. let's support MIN HO SSI upcoming film.

:ok: :popcornjackson:

• Like 13
  • Blob 1

On 10/19/2020 at 12:25 AM, Min2206 said:

Wiki said that they are 3 books.  Anyway, I goggled and found that I have to order online - not available in my country. 
Paperback in English | 512 pages - saw this from Shoppee and Book Depository.  Wonder whether Lazada has - what a timing!   

A New York Times Top Ten Book of the Year and National Book Award finalist, Pachinko is an "extraordinary epic" of four generations of a poor Korean immigrant family as they fight to control their destiny in 20th-century Japan (San Francisco Chronicle).

“You want to see a very bad man? Make an ordinary man successful beyond his imagination. Let’s see how good he is when he can do whatever he wants.”
 Min Jin Lee, 
Pachinko

Got the above quote when I was googling for the novels.  @Heretorant Wonder who she was talking about?

Hi @Prerna  Good to see you here.   Just saw the "trailer" -  the  reviews / comments were good!    They said it is for an university assignment.  A very well done assignment!   I thought it was from a drama / movie.  If LMH confirms (has he yet?), it will be epicly-daebak!   Thanks for sharing.  

OMG, I thought it was a real movie with the parasite actor and Gong Yoo.  You mean it is fake. I got taken :joy:

• LOL 4

1 minute ago, sujika suji said:

minho new film 

Oh yes we are waiting for MYM to confirm the news :approves:

welcome to LMH’ thread!:happyshakes:

2 minutes ago, sujika suji said:

minho new film 

Film or drama??:wut:

What new film??

:crazymad:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Hopefully, we hear something tonight. It's 5:13am in Seoul. 

I thought you were supposed to get everyone at MYM ready? hehe

omg, these staff are so lazy:unamused: I should become more strict :doggie:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, sujika suji said:

news . will annouce soon . MYM get ready :wut:

Chingu, welcome to the thread.

Could you Elaborate more?

Are you meaning to say that MYM is getting ready to announce/confirm regarding Min HO new project "Pachinko"

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

what happened??? What is going on? :wut:
why MYM should get ready? Lol

Don't worry at this time of the morning ( to Korean Time) new articles aren't released , reporters are sleeping :lol: new articles are released after (nearly) 1:30-2:00 always in Korea

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Don't worry at this time of the morning ( to Korean Time) new articles aren't released , reporters are sleeping :lol: new articles are released after (nearly) 1:30-2:00 always in Korea

So the casting news come out  In the afternoon? I was hoping we would get news in the morning. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

It also seems to me that the role of Hansu is well suited for Lee Min Ho - a complex ambiguous character, and the role is mature, which makes it even more interesting. Sanju is also very important for the film, so you need to choose a real dramatic artist who can convey the whole gamut of the heroine's feelings - love, pain, suffering, self-sacrifice and forgiveness. Many fashionable artists will not be able to cope with such a role - there is not enough pretty appearance, you still need talent.

In any case, the choice is up to Lee Min Ho. Therefore, I agree with any of his roles - he will still play great!

Agreed.Hansu is intruiguing.

Guys We have to remember this is Not a Korean Production Show, but an International Project.They could have Easily Depicted Pachinko and Former books spanning 80 yrs in a Compact Movie. 8 Episodes can be of 1+ hour Length and shot without Excess Scenes unlike a K drama. Some foreign shows wrap up in 10 episodes with a full fleged fast paced story without Cutting Anyones Part.

The main character is Sunja and 3 Main Leads Hansu , Isak and NOA...revolving NK, Busan and Japan.

Then comes Noa's brother and his Sons storyline which at latter end takes the Main focus.

Unless LMH is playing Sunja's Father(even he has a significant role) or Sister in Law or Isak's Brother I don't think either of the character he plays will be merged in Background.

But to expect that entire storyline may revolve around him like in a K drama is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Ahh @Nikaa94 sorryyyyy I think to my time I said 7:30-8:00 AM

20 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Don't worry at this time of the morning ( to Korean Time) new articles aren't released , reporters are sleeping :lol: new articles are released after (nearly) 7:30-8:00 always in Korea

Deleted

Ahhh soompi so  annoying I can't edit or delete my message 

What happened soompi Why like this ?

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, scrawford said:

You have a point, Based on reading wikipedia Honsu seems likes staying through the entire story, But....LMH can't play honsu forever since eventually he will be an elderly man. so even if he is Honsu, LMH can't stay through the entire story since he has to be replaced, OR maybe they won't go all the way to the ending of the series.

They can always age up LMH with makeup, but they can't have him play a child.  Or, like you say, they might not do the whole saga.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Sunju is the main character of the book, she is also Khonsu's mistress, Paek Isak's wife and Noa mother.

I think it is more accurate just to say that Hansu is the father of Noa.  Sunja became pregnant by him before learning he was married (and before her marriage), but she doesn't become his mistress (unless I've forgotten).

pachinko-family-tree-500x227.jpg

Chart created by Todd Munson and Willa Davis.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2020 at 10:03 AM, Heretorant said:

You don’t think he’ll touch Mozasu makes Mosazu such an interesting choice :lol:

At this point, I don’t care who he plays! I just want him to be apart of this project and confirm to us and the world lol. 

Character aside, I’m wondering how one can be apart of this project without knowing how to speak Japanese. Hmmm... has he been learning?

@Heretorant @msdotWhich character would you like for LMH?  Hansu, Noa or Mosazu?

On 10/19/2020 at 10:26 AM, madmad min said:

Ahh Hansu seems a Pitful character just by reading, It will be the Guy you love to hate, but Still might have a Love angle albiet Morally Questionable. I realized as I am writing this...I find him more and more alluring Lol.

If Noa and Hansu look alike then LMH can actually play a Young Hansu and then Noa...Wowza..

grace helbig wow GIF by This Might Get

That is exactly what I was saying in a private chat that perhaps LMH plays young Hansu and then Noa since they both look alike. That would be awesome.

• Like 3
  • Love 3