[Drama 2023] Live Your Own Life/Hyo Shim’s Independent Life, 효심이네

larus

Still more of the same.

Spoiler

The mother making pennies and suddenly found the brother’s 100k watch and selling it to the loan shark for 20k. Serves  him right. The girl gave him the watch, I think. Knowing its value, he ditched her.

HS is still getting drunk in TH’s arm, still putting up with her mum. The minor characters are bonding and we are getting more info. The miserly grandma was sold as a maid by her father, then sold to a factory. Such a hard life and now her son who graduated from Stanford is still getting money from her. ML’s grandmother is still hiding.

Same of the old things.

Yo KBS must be real desperate as they keep showin' scenes of a shirtless Tae Min ahahah! Am not complaining though (wink, wink)

But what the heck?? He KISSED Hyo Sim?? What?? Poor Tae Ho.. just when he worked up courage to ask her out too.. the anchorwoman is as possessive as Tae Min & can't read a room!

Granny Kang will need to charge Granny Bang for rent instead. Seriously what kind of landlady spend more time at their tenant's than their own?? 

The other 2 Hyo Sim bros - when will they get their act together?? The loan shark must think Hyo Sim's family is his golden goose or whatever LMFAo!! The actress playin' the lawyer-turn-rookie wannabe actress, is a Hyo Sim in real life.. she has like what, 13-14 siblings?!!? And she supports all their education etc. Shocking she didn't audition for lead role or is it 'cause she look too young (she's only 2 years Uee's junior)? She was also rumored to be dating a very wealthy ceo at one point. Is this drama based on her life ha-ha?

• Like 1

The mother is a pathetic thief, the eldest son is a pathetic pushover and his wife is a nasty piece of work and his daughter is an enabled sassy-disrespectful-bratty disobedient child that needs to knocked down 50 pegs, everyone else is just a waste of time.

Hyo Shim, go get your life. You train people how to treat you!

Here are the ratings for Episode 19! :).

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Finale Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings For All-Time High

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Finale Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings For All-Time High

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 17.7 percent for the night, making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628607wpp/strong-girl-namsoon-finale-breaks-into-double-digit-ratings-for-all-time-high

On 11/27/2023 at 12:53 AM, TheQueenReturns said:

The mother is a pathetic thief, the eldest son is a pathetic pushover and his wife is a nasty piece of work and his daughter is an enabled sassy-disrespectful-bratty disobedient child that needs to knocked down 50 pegs, everyone else is just a waste of time.

Hyo Shim, go get your life. You train people how to treat you!

Unfortunately Hyo-shim and her support system, the oldest brother, are both pushover. They both need to stand for themselves.

Edit:

Watched the latest episode and there's still no progress. Hyo-shim is all talk and no work. Like please just leave your damn family just like what your dad did. Understandable what he did when the mom is a piece of crap.

Mom is a thief. Period. No redeeming factor at all.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 20! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” Premieres To Strong Ratings As “Perfect Marriage Revenge” Heads Into Finale On All-Time High

“Welcome To Samdalri” Premieres To Strong Ratings As “Perfect Marriage Revenge” Heads Into Finale On All-Time High

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” continued its streak as the most-watched show of Saturday, scoring an average nationwide rating of 16.6 percent for its latest episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629702wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-premieres-to-strong-ratings-as-perfect-marriage-revenge-heads-into-finale-on-all-time-high

On 11/3/2023 at 4:34 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

@xiashenghan

You'd be surprised how many women are swooning and prefer Hyo Sim end up with Tae Min over Tae Ho.

I don't feel any chemistry between her with either of the Kang men. Tae Min is better paired up with the anchorwoman as his mom approves & she's as pushy as Tae Min LoL. 

I can't get over that tbh. Why do ppl think TaeMin is the better option for HS? Especially since it's clear she has no interest in him. At all. And that's leaving out the fact that so far, it seems like TM is doing what TM wants and feels and does not listen to what HS says!

It seems like HS and TH will start moving towards their dating era! FINALLY!!

https://www.soompi.com/ 

Uee Finds Herself Enjoying Ha Jun’s Presence In “Live Your Own Life”

Dec 3, 2023
by S. Nam

KBS2’s “Live Your Own Life” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Live Your Own Life” tells the story of Lee Hyo Shim (Uee), a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness.

Spoilers

Previously, Hyo Shim rejected Tae Ho’s (Ha Jun’s) confession, and she worked hard to maintain their relationship as one between a fitness trainer and client. However, after Hyo Shim explained her difficult family situation, Tae Ho tried to help by lessening her burdens. Furthermore, Tae Ho received permission to join Hyo Shim and the fitness trainers on their outing.

Ahead of the upcoming episode, the drama unveiled new stills of Hyo Shim and Tae Ho’s date. Hyo Shim and Tae Ho go for a walk with just the two of them, and Tae Ho grabs Hyo Shim’s hand while looking lovingly at her. Although Hyo Shim looks flustered at first, the two eventually appear comfortable while holding hands, sharing affectionate glances and warm smiles.

More
  • Like 1

Tae Ho has an almost crazy laugh ha-ha? I am glad he is pursuing Hyo Sim and she seem to be reciprocating which is so different to how she is with Tae Min LoL.

The granny finally kicked the nosy and noisy landlady out of her place. Though I doubt it'd last.. the father should really enrol Da Eun into a singing contest. Unlike Phillip who show no drive nor interest in golf. Da Eun has so much passion f singing the lil girl practically breaks into song every chance she gets. She should go f these competitions. Who knows? She might get lucky and score a record deal.

Don't really care for the rest and Hyo Sim's mom continues to be unbearable. The woman seriously reminds me of my late mom. 

Here are the ratings for Episode 21! :).

“Castaway Diva” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run + “Welcome To Samdalri” Rises For 2nd Episode

“Castaway Diva” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run + “Welcome To Samdalri” Rises For 2nd Episode

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” rose to an average nationwide rating of 17.4 percent, making it the most-watched program of Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629858wpp/castaway-diva-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-run-welcome-to-samdalri-rises-for-2nd-episode

Here are the ratings for Episode 22! :).

“My Demon” And “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Earn Their Highest Ratings Yet As “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Premieres

“My Demon” And “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Earn Their Highest Ratings Yet As “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Premieres

KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” remained the most-watched show of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 16.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1630857wpp/my-demon-and-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-earn-their-highest-ratings-yet-as-maestra-strings-of-truth-premieres

Uee And Ha Jun Are Seconds Away From Their 1st Kiss In “Live Your Own Life”

Uee And Ha Jun Are Seconds Away From Their 1st Kiss In “Live Your Own Life”

Will Uee and Ha Jun finally share their first kiss on “Live Your Own Life”?

“Live Your Own Life” is a drama starring Uee as Lee Hyo Shim, a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness. Ha Jun stars as Kang Tae Ho, the director of the planning division of a conglomerate group, while Go Joo Won plays his cousin and ultimate rival Kang Tae Min.

Spoilers

Previously on “Live Your Own Life,” Hyo Shim and Tae Ho grew closer during their trip, and they even opened up to one another on a scenic walk through the woods. Later, when neither of them were able to fall asleep at night, they wound up spending a quiet moment alone together. When they were about to part ways, Tae Ho boldly declared, “I wanted to kiss you earlier, but I held myself back. Next time, though, I won’t hold back.”

It appears that Tae Ho will keep his word: in newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Tae Ho tenderly holds Hyo Shim’s face in his hand as he goes in for a kiss. Meanwhile, Hyo Shim closes her eyes in nervous anticipation.

Ha-Jun-Uee-2.jpgHa-Jun-Uee-3.jpg

The “Live Your Own Life” production team teased, “In tonight’s episode, Hyo Shim and Tae Ho’s romance will heat up even further. We hope that you’ll join them as their hearts flutter so wildly that they might burst.”

The next episode of “Live Your Own Life” will air on December 10 at 8:05 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1630878wpp/1630878

I’m late to watching this show. When I went back and watched the earlier episodes I guess I had the reverse puzzlement of most in seeing the original actor playing playing TMs dad as I started watching the replacement first. This actually made me wonder how much the writers tailor their writing to the actor. The original actor Noh seemed  to  portray a more serious character. The replacement actor plays a much more incompetent character. I can’t see the first actor start to gargle his water at a restaurant dinner meeting, but the replacement pulls it off well, he also does Drunk well. It’s sad nevertheless that actor Noh passed away he seemed quite young.

Since there weren’t too many comments written I was able to glance over this forum from the beginning. I haven’t seen anyone comment on two ideas I had. 1) When they first met at the restaurant the Grandmother asked the Mistress if she had brought what she had given to her to hold. I believe that item is the dash cam from Tae Ho s parents crashed car. 2) I believe there’s a strong possibility that Tae Min s biological father is actually his (evil) assistant Mr. Yeom. The reason for this is A) Several times they have mentioned that Mr Yeom and TM s mom knew each other from early on. He was a manager and she a bookkeeper at one of the companies textile factories. b) When talking to TM s Mom over the phone the Grandmother threatened to go to tell TM everything. The Grandmother probably knows that TM took the wrap for his dad and went to jail for it. This means that he is very loyal to his dad. If she was just going to tell TM that her parents imprisoned her she could not be sure that such a loyal son  wouldn’t just sweep it under the rug. But if she revealed that his father was actually Mr Yeom it would hit TM like a bomb. She could be very sure of that. C) I suspect that the reason the Grandmother didn’t reveal this in the past may have been because TM s father couldn’t produce children and so Mr Yeom was used as a donor of sorts and it became a family secret. The reason for this is big corporate Kdrama families are so concerned with family image. Lord knows how we’ve seen kids adopted into chaebol families suffer in other kdramas. There was a scene where Mr Yeom drives TM s sister Tae Hee to pick up eggs from the farm. This was very out of character for him. To me it  reinforces the idea that both kids in that family may be his. D) Finally TM mentioned to THs disbelief that TH s father used to hit him (TM). A reason for this is that TH s father knew that there was no  family blood connection to TM. To some old school Koreans this would make TM little better than a stranger. E) TM s Fathers incompetence aside his inability to produce children would be a strong reason to for his parents to favor their second son  (TH s Father) instead of their first son (TM s Father). Usually being a first son is a big deal.

Unfortunately this is a side effect of binge watching Kdramas. To may observations ideas and theories pop up. All this may well be a waste of time but I thought I’d put it out there on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 23! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Rise To New Personal Records

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Rise To New Personal Records

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” climbed to an an average nationwide rating of 17.8 percent for the night, continuing its streak as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631034wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-and-maestra-strings-of-truth-ratings-rise-to-new-personal-records

Here are the ratings for Episode 24! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” continued its reign as the most-watched program of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 16.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632105wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-and-maestra-strings-of-truth-ratings-hit-new-all-time-highs

Spoiler

Ha Jun And Go Joo Won Get Into A Fight Over Uee In “Live Your Own Life”

Ha Jun And Go Joo Won Get Into A Fight Over Uee In “Live Your Own Life”

Get ready for a fierce confrontation between Ha Jun and Go Joo Won on “Live Your Own Life”!

KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” is a drama starring Uee as Lee Hyo Shim, a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness. Ha Jun stars as Kang Tae Ho, the director of the planning division of a conglomerate group, while Go Joo Won plays his cousin and ultimate rival Kang Tae Min.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Live Your Own Life,” Hyo Shim and Tae Ho’s blossoming romance suddenly came to a full stop. Just when Tae Ho had officially become Hyo Shim’s boyfriend, she unexpectedly broke up with him out of nowhere, saying she didn’t think she could be his girlfriend.

As it turned out, the reason for the breakup was that Hyo Shim had been shaken and hurt by Tae Ho’s cruel aunt Sook Hyang (Lee Hwi Hyang), who had thrown all sorts of vicious insults at her after finding out that her son Tae Min liked her. The incident put a major dent in Hyo Shim’s self-esteem, and having lost confidence in herself, she decided that she and Tae Ho were incompatible.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Tae Ho angrily confronts Tae Min over Hyo Shim. As Tae Ho glares accusingly at Tae Min, his cousin looks just as enraged—and neither man seems willing to stand down.

Ha-Jun-Go-Joo-Won-2.jpg

The “Live Your Own Life” production team teased, “Although Hyo Shim informed him that she doesn’t think she can be his girlfriend, Tae Ho isn’t about to back down. In order to protect Hyo Shim from his family, he first sends his cousin Tae Min a strong message.”

They went on, “Please stay tuned to find out how the conflict between the two cousins will unfold.”

The next episode of “Live Your Own Life” will air on December 17 at 8:05 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632172wpp/ha-jun-and-go-joo-won-get-into-a-fight-over-uee-in-live-your-own-life