[Drama 2023] Live Your Own Life/Hyo Shim’s Independent Life, 효심이네

larus

Uee’s Brother Winds Up Behind Bars In “Live Your Own Life”

Uee’s Brother Winds Up Behind Bars In “Live Your Own Life”

Uee will face a brand-new crisis on the next episode of KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life”!

“Live Your Own Life” tells the story of Lee Hyo Shim (Uee), a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Live Your Own Life,” Hyo Shim’s feelings were badly hurt by her ungrateful mother, who unfairly lashed out at her and compared her with other people’s daughters. She even told her daughter not to call her “Mom” anymore, leading the heartbroken Hyo Shim to sob her heart out on the roof.

However, despite her mother’s cruel words, Hyo Shim continues to put her family first, before anything else. In the drama’s next episode, Hyo Shim will do everything she can to clean up a disastrous new mess made by her older brother Hyo Joon (Seol Jung Hwan).

Newly released stills from the episode show Hyo Shim and her mother at the police station, where Hyo Joon has been locked up for assault. While going out for drinks, Hyo Joon winds up getting into a fight—and after throwing a punch, he ends up in jail, with his dream of becoming a lawyer suddenly in danger.

If Hyo Joon doesn’t come to an agreement with the assault victim, his chances of achieving his career goal may be gone for good. And yet it is Hyo Shim who seems to be pleading with the victim in question, bowing deeply and begging for forgiveness, while Hyo Joon remains unable to control his anger even behind bars.

As the siblings’ mother tries to stop Hyo Joon from another angry outburst, the long-suffering Hyo Shim closes her eyes in frustration.

Live-Your-Own-Life.jpg

“This time, Hyo Joon has gotten himself into major trouble,” said the drama’s production team. “Just when Hyo Shim had finally paid off her mother and younger brother Hyo Do’s private loans and was breathing a sigh of relief, she winds up having to solve another big problem. But someone unexpectedly appears and offers Hyo Shim a helping hand in the midst of this crisis.”

To find out who this helping hand belongs to, catch the next episode of “Live Your Own Life” on November 12 at 8:05 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625825wpp/uees-brother-winds-up-behind-bars-in-live-your-own-life

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

“Korea-Khitan War” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Castaway Diva” Wraps Up 1st Half On Surge

“Korea-Khitan War” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Castaway Diva” Wraps Up 1st Half On Surge

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 16.6 percent, successfully continuing its streak as the most-watched show of Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625980wpp/korea-khitan-war-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-as-castaway-diva-wraps-up-1st-half-on-surge

All Hyo Sim does is cry. And Uee is not doin' her character any favors by constant deer in headlights expression either tsk.

I find it difficult to grasp how 2 eligible wealthy bachelors find her attractive. The pushy anchorwoman is actually the better catch albeit she has elitist control tendencies.. she sees Tae Min not as a partner, but an object to acquire as she has never been rejected before. WoW talk 'bout pride huh.

I hope that they let Hyo Jun rot in jail. He failed the civil exam not once, but what 3/ 4 times already! And shockingly his hostel neighbor has more knowledge in law than he does ha-ha. What a loser.

Ruby's parents will flip when they find their precious daughter is dating Instead of studying. I also expected more from her as she talk as if she is the actual breadwinner of that family.

Cannot stand granny Bang. Why can't she seek companionship from a neighborhood  grandpa?! She is stingy as heck also! Go take a holiday, invest in better real estate. I swear she acts like such a miser!

The dumb babushka cp of Tae Hee & the other Hyo Sim bro oy. I hope Hyo Sim get paid handsomely for the modelling gig and for goodness sakes PLEASE keep the money in a unit trust or something. And NOT to let her bloody mother know of any of it!  

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I hope that they let Hyo Jun rot in jail. He failed the civil exam not once, but what 3/ 4 times already! And shockingly his hostel neighbor has more knowledge in law than he does ha-ha. What a loser.

She might be a lawyer herself? I remember she did leave her good job for her dream.

At this point I don't even have hope Hyo-shim would change. I don't even feel sorry for her. She's good but useless. She lets herself be used over and over again. At this point she's doing it to herself.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@xiashenghan

I think part of why Hyo Sim stayed is because not only is she filial.. but she's afraid of leaving her mom alone?? I was the same with my late mom. The only difference is Hyo Sim has a job & her mom is able bodied. And oh Hyo Sim got 2 wealthy hotties pursuing her ahah.

As their father left the entire family to fend for themselves from the moment Hyo Sim was very young. So she must have seen how lonely her mom had been.. and well no thanks to her mom her older brothers are useless. 

They're probably dragging this out as there's 50+ ep ahah?! So her emancipation will take... time heh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:13 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

All Hyo Sim does is cry. And Uee is not doin' her character any favors by constant deer in headlights expression either tsk...

..exactly. Hyo Sim character is "frozen" by  Uee's wooden acting. The star who has stolen the show,till now , is Tae-Hee ( good job Bi-Joo!!! ) and thanks to her ,Do-Hyun has a chance to show his best!.  Ha-Joon tries to develope TH's character but it depends on the partner in the scene. The best  co-oworking  is - TH-TM ( in the interview Joo Won underlines). JW shows a lot of TM's faces/relations and it works! And of course, Whee Hyong (Sook-Hyong) is a queen of the flexible mimic! Ga-Yeon (Ruby) can't find herself in this character. ..and Ju Eun, once again acting a " witchy lady" ( you remember "Uncontrollably Fond"). Just my modest thoughts...

On 11/16/2023 at 9:28 PM, Arifa Hasan said:

what is the name of the song or singer of the last sloe melodious song used at the end of episode 15??  can some one pls help????

Live Your Own Life  KBS WORLD TV 231112 - < - there is a profile on YT and a forum. I hope there are someone who can answer you questions. Good Luck!

• Like 1

Ugh Tae Min should accept Hyo Sim was never into him and never will LoL. The anchorwoman is a much better match. I hate to admit but anchorwoman is much prettier than Hyo Sim, not to mention so much more interesting LoL!

Even as a model, Hyo Sim/ Uee was stiff and wooden LMFAo. I seriously thought she look cross eyed LoL. And why is actor playing Tae Ho acting so badly here? He acts almost childlike(?)

The sil shd give up pushing the son, Phillip to be a pro golfer when the child don't even enjoy the sport to begin with! Whereas their "star" Ruby is forsaking her studies & focused on her bf tsk tsk. 

Tae Min's mom at the fantom showcase was quite the sight ahah. She must have thought she was cosplaying as the Red Queen from Alice In Wonderland or a character from the Hunger Games!

12 hours ago, PetraVe said:

..exactly. Hyo Sim character is "frozen" by  Uee's wooden acting. The star who has stolen the show,till now , is Tae-Hee ( good job Bi-Joo!!! ) and thanks to her ,Do-Hyun has a chance to show his best!.  Ha-Joon tries to develope TH's character but it depends on the partner in the scene. The best  co-oworking  is - TH-TM ( in the interview Joo Won underlines). JW shows a lot of TM's faces/relations and it works! And of course, Whee Hyong (Sook-Hyong) is a queen of the flexible mimic! Ga-Yeon (Ruby) can't find herself in this character. ..and Ju Eun, once again acting a " witchy lady" ( you remember "Uncontrollably Fond"). Just my modest thoughts...

Live Your Own Life  KBS WORLD TV 231112 - < - there is a profile on YT and a forum. I hope there are someone who can answer you questions. Good Luck!

i tried but no luck...

Here are the ratings for Episode 16! :).

“My Dearest” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

“My Dearest” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” defended its title as the most-watched program of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 14.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627148wpp/my-dearest-finale-achieves-highest-ratings-of-its-entire-run

Here are the ratings for Episode 17! :).

“Perfect Marriage Revenge,” “Castaway Diva,” And “Korea-Khitan War” All Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Perfect Marriage Revenge,” “Castaway Diva,” And “Korea-Khitan War” All Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” remained the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday with an average nationwide rating of 15.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627343wpp/perfect-marriage-revenge-castaway-diva-and-korea-khitan-war-all-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

I can’t watch it! The mother gaslights her at every opportunity and kept taking and taking. She got drunk again and TH came to her rescue again. Someone post up why please :sparklyeyes:. I think she lost $ 100000. Goodness. I hope not to her leeching family again.

I think if the loan shark or a burglar stole her money, it would be horrible. But if it’s family, it would be devastating. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 18! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” continued its reign as the most-watched show of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 15.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628461wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode