[Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드

larus

20240221062407_lee-bo-young-lee-moo-saen

Watch: Lee Bo Young And Lee Moo Saeng Start Off As A Perfect Couple In “Hide” Teaser

Feb 21, 2024
by S. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Hide” has dropped its first teaser!

“Hide” follows the story of a woman named Na Moon Young (Lee Bo Young) as she tracks down the secrets surrounding her husband Cha Sung Jae (Lee Moo Saeng) who disappears one day. Lee Chung Ah portrays Na Moon Young’s friendly neighbor Ha Yeon Joo, and Lee Min Jae plays Do Jin Woo, a mysterious man who holds the key to the secret.

The newly released teaser begins with the affectionate couple Na Moon Young, a former prosecutor and current co-representative attorney at Chawoong Law Firm, and her husband Cha Sung Jae. The eerie background music hints at an unexpected change in their relationship, raising viewers’ curiosity.

In the clip that follows, Moon Young says, “My husband is gone,” and her perfect life collapses due to the sudden disappearance of Sung Jae.

A car falls down the cliff and explodes as the text that reads, “All the truth that I knew will get overturned,” appears on screen. Anticipation is high for the shocking truth and mystery suspense that will unfold in the future.

Watch the full teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643926wpp/watch-lee-bo-young-and-lee-moo-saeng-start-off-as-a-perfect-couple-in-hide-teaser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee Chung Ah And Lee Min Jae Are Entangled With Lee Bo Young In Upcoming Drama “Hide”

Feb 23, 2024
by E. Ezeji
JTBC’s upcoming drama “Hide” has shared its first stills of Lee Bo Young, Lee Chung Ah, and Lee Min Jae!

“Hide” follows the story of a woman named Na Moon Young (Lee Bo Young) as she tracks down the secrets surrounding her husband Cha Sung Jae (Lee Moo Saeng) who disappears one day.

The stills show the stark contrast in the atmosphere around Na Moon Young before and after her husband’s disappearance, heightening viewers’ curiosity about the difficult truth she must face after her perfect life is turned upside down.

The next photo captures Ha Yeon Joo (Lee Chung Ah), a friendly neighbor who extends a helping hand to Na Moon Young who is struggling after the disappearance of her husband.hide-5.jpg

Another photo captures Do Jin Woo (Lee Min Jae), a mysterious man who seems to know something about the disappearance of Na Moon Young’s husband. The new stills draw curiosity about what kind of relationship both Do Jin Woo and Ha Yeon Joo will develop with Moon Young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Lee Bo Young Can’t Trust Lee Min Jae Or Lee Chung Ah While Investigating Lee Moo Saeng’s Disappearance In “Hide” Trailer

Mar 5, 2024
by E. Ezeji

“Hide” follows the story of a woman named Na Moon Young (Lee Bo Young) who tracks down the secrets surrounding her husband Cha Sung Jae (Lee Moo Saeng) after he disappears one day.

The newly released trailer gives viewers a glimpse of Na Moon Young’s intense pursuit of the truth behind Cha Sung Jae’s sudden disappearance.

Following his disappearance and the subsequent news of his death, Moon Young is shocked to discover that her affectionate husband had been hiding a big secret. She begins to investigate, but as she gets closer to the truth, she becomes even more confused and unable to trust anyone—from the mysterious Do Jin Woo (Lee Min Jae), who has a hostile attitude toward Sung Jae, to her friendly neighbor Ha Yeon Joo (Lee Chung Ah). What kind of truth will Moon Young encounter at the end of her investigations?

• Blob 1

Lee Bo Young Learns A Shocking Truth About Her Husband In “Hide”

Mar 6, 2024

Coupang Play has shared brand-new stills from its upcoming drama “Hide”!

“Hide” follows the story of a woman named Na Moon Young (Lee Bo Young) who tracks down the secrets surrounding her husband Cha Sung Jae (Lee Moo Saeng) after he disappears one day.

The newly released stills capture Moon Young as she begins to investigate the sudden disappearance of her husband. Unable to believe that her loving and faithful husband Sung Jae has suddenly vanished, Moon Young struggles on her own to find out the truth.

hide-6.jpeg

hide-5.jpeg

Amidst challenging circumstances, Ha Yeon Joo (Lee Chung Ah) proves to be a good neighbor by offering timely assistance to Moon Young, who refuses to give up her search for the truth.

hide-4.jpeg

Moon Young also meets Do Jin Woo (Lee Min Jae), a mysterious figure who seems to know a lot about her husband, Sung Jae.

But when Moon Young learns a secret about her husband that even she didn’t know about, she falls into uncontrollable confusion. After a relentless pursuit, Moon Young is devastated when she finally comes face-to-face with the truth.

Spoiler

hide-3.jpeg

hide-1.jpg

hide-2.jpg

“Hide” will premiere on March 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646950wpp/lee-bo-young-learns-a-shocking-truth-about-her-husband-in-hide

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, March 7, 2024
4 3

Coupang Play unveils stills from its upcoming K-drama Hide, featuring actress Lee Bo Young.

Hide tells the story of a woman who uncovers secrets and faces a hard truth intertwined with her husband's disappearance.

WPvRyO_2f.png

Na Moon Young, a former prosecutor and lawyer, strives to uncover the secrets intertwined with her husband's sudden disappearance. 

Despite the shocking reality, Moon Young, who is always confident and resolute, continues to pursue the truth without faltering, raising curiosity about how she will react after encountering the astonishing truth.

pd4PqE_2f.png

Lee Bo Young, who has demonstrated outstanding performances in various works, will captivate viewers' attention in this drama with not only her charisma but also emotional acting.

Hide will air episodes every Saturday and Sunday, starting March 23. There is no news about the K-drama airing on an OTT service.

https://mydramalist.com/article/new-k-drama-hide-unveils-lee-bo-young-s-stills

• Like 2

Watch: Lee Bo Young Finds Her Relationship With Lee Moo Saeng Is On The Rocks In Upcoming Mystery Drama “Hide”

Mar 12, 2024
by S. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Hide” has released intriguing character posters and a teaser!

The newly released posters capture the delicate yet intense facial expressions of the main characters over a background with a mysterious atmosphere.

Na Moon Young, who is chasing her missing husband, throws the question, “Will I ever be able to go back to my usual life?” which foreshadows the heavy truth and secrets she will face.

hide-poster-04.jpeg

On the other hand, Moon Young’s missing husband Cha Sung Jae (Lee Moo Saeng) says, “I’m sorry for not being able to keep my promise.” His empty gaze seems to hint that he holds a secret that cannot be said.

hide-poster-01.jpeg

Yeon Joo’s (Lee Chung Ah’s) faint smile and her words, “If there’s anything I can help you with, please let me know at any time,” appears to be seeing through the person who is keeping a secret.

Spoiler

hide-poster-02.jpeg

Jin Woo (Lee Min Jae), who holds a clue that no one seems to know about, meaningfully says, “You are so brave when you don’t know anything,” making viewers curious about the relationship between the four.

Spoiler

hide-poster-03.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1648037wpp/watch-lee-bo-young-finds-her-relationship-with-lee-moo-saeng-is-on-the-rocks-in-upcoming-mystery-drama-hide

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

News bites: March 12, 2024

by tccolb

optimize

optimize

Spoiler

사진제공=쿠팡플레이

optimize

New character posters have dropped for Coupang Play’s Hide, enveloping our leads Lee Bo-young (Agency), Lee Moo-saeng (Maestra – Strings of Truth), Lee Chung-ah (My Dearest), and Lee Min-jae (Oh! Young-shim) in a foggy mystery-suspense. Premiering this month on March 23, production is being led by PD Kim Dong-hwi (The Tale of Nokdu) along with writers, Lee Hee-soo, Choi Ah-yul, and Hwang Yoo-jung. [News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/news-bites-march-12-2024/

• Blob 1

News bites: March 19, 2024

by tccolb

20240318504651.png

Coupang Play’s Hide released footage from the drama’s first script reading, led by Lee Bo-young (Agency), Lee Moo-saeng (Maestra – Strings of Truth), Lee Chung-ah (My Dearest), and Lee Min-jae (Oh! Young-shim). Come March 23, our heroine embarks on a journey to unravel the truth behind her husband’s disappearance in the mystery-suspense. [Sports Seoul]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/news-bites-march-19-2024/

• Blob 1

20240322011839_Lee-Bo-Young-1.jpg?s=900xLee Bo Young Is On The Edge Of A Cliff After Her Husband Disappears In “Hide”

Mar 22, 2024
by E. Cha

Coupang Play’s upcoming drama “Hide” has unveiled a special poster!

“Hide” is a new drama about a woman who goes searching for the truth after her husband suddenly disappears one day—and winds up learning a shocking secret.

Lee Bo Young will star as Na Moon Young, whose peaceful life is turned upside down after the unexpected disappearance of her husband Cha Sung Jae (Lee Moo Saeng). Once she starts to uncover the secrets surrounding her missing husband, the once happily married Na Moon Young is unable to believe the things she learns about the spouse she thought she knew.

In the newly released poster, Na Moon Young stands at the edge of a cliff, looking down at something with an unreadable expression. The fog that shrouds both Na Moon Young and the title of the drama hints at the mysterious veiled secrets that she has yet to uncover.

Meanwhile, the poster’s caption cryptically reads, “The truth that disappeared, nothing can be predicted.”

Lee-Bo-Young.jpeg

To find out what Na Moon Young has discovered at the bottom of the cliff—and what secrets she will have to face—tune in to the premiere of “Hide” on March 23! The drama will be available to watch with subtitles on Viki.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

by lo_ve, March 22, 2024
1 0

Kim Sang Ho will be joining the cast of the upcoming K-drama Hide.

On March 22, it was officially confirmed that actor Kim Sang Ho would be joining Lee Bo Young, Lee Moo Saeng, Lee Chung Ah, Lee Min Jae, and Jo Eun Sol

This will be the first K-drama of Kim Sang Ho for 2024. He will also join the upcoming Disney+ original K-drama Blood Free with Ju Ji Hoon, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Moo Saeng, Park Ji Yeon, and Jo Bok Rae. He will also star in the upcoming series One: High School Heroes

Kim Sang Ho will also be part of the upcoming movie Midnight Sun with Jung Ji So, Cha Hak Yeon, and Jin Kyung

Last year, Kim Sang Ho became busy with two K-dramas such as Not Others and The Kidnapping Day

1wEQN5_2f.jpg

Hide will tell the story of a wife whose husband suddenly disappeared. It will showcase the journey of the wife in finding out what happened to his husband as well as the secrets behind it. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the latest work of director Kim Dong Hwi who is also known for working on the k-dramas The Tale of Nokdu, Fight for My Way, and The Merchant: Gaekju 2015

In the series, Kim Sang Ho will portray the role of Baek Min Yeop. He is a police officer who will work alongside Lee Bo Young's character Na Moon Young. Seven months before his retirement, Baek Min Yeop will secretly approach Na Moon Young. 

Hide will officially air its first episode on March 23 at 10 PM KST. It will be part of JTBC's Saturday and Sunday K-drama timeslot. The upcoming series will also be available on the OTT streaming platform, Coupang Play. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-sang-ho-to-join-lee-bo-young-s-new-k-drama-hide

• Blob 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드- Lee Bo Young, Lee Chun Ah & Lee Mu Saeng-Sat&Sun@10 p.m. KST

Premiere Watch: Hide

by missvictrix

PYH2024031910960001300_P4.jpg

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: JTBC (with Coupang Play producing)
Genre: Thriller, suspense, mystery, crime
Episode count: 12
Global streamer: Viki

Reasons to watch: Remember when dramaland was obsessed with multiple personalities, magicians, and that sort of thing? Well right now (as if you couldn’t tell) it’s obsessed with married women getting thrown to the wolves as their lives and marriages fall apart around them, mostly due to Husbands With Secrets. Now, it’s time to add to that oeuvre with Hide. Starring Lee Bo-young (yay!) and Lee Moo-saeng (yay!) as her husband, she goes tumbling down the rabbit hole. Her journey is complicated by both Lee Chung-ah and Lee Min-jae (double yays!), so even if the premise feels all too familiar, the casting is heavenly. Let’s see how it goes.

It’s also worth noting that the drama was produced for streaming service Coupang Play, but then claimed by JTBC to air in their weekend slot. Our PD has also done much lighter fare prior to this, so I’ll be interested to see where that takes us.

TL;DR: Lee Bo-young gets drawn into a mystery surrounding her missing husband

246529_150050_5825.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/premiere-watch-hide/

• Blob 1

Actress Kim Yun-seo appears in Coupang Play’s original series ‘Hyde’

2050388_100087_5742.jpg

Actor Kim Yun-seo joined Coupang Play's original series 'Hyde'. 

Kim Yun-seo plays the somewhat mysterious role of Kim Yun-seon in the play. Kim Yun-seon is an ordinary office worker who always lacks money compared to her material desires, but she is wrongfully implicated in an unusual incident. As a result, she plans to create extreme tension by becoming intricately entangled with Lee Bo-young and Lee Moo-saeng. Kim Yun-seo debuted in the movie 'I Saw the Devil' and appeared in major works such as the dramas 'A Gentleman's Dignity', 'Glass Mask', 'You're the Best Yi Sun-sin', 'Why Oh Soo-jae', 'Without Going Crazy', and 'Doctor Royer'. He has made a name for himself and strengthened himself as an actor. In each of her appearances, she has portrayed various characters perfectly and three-dimensionally, giving a sense of immersion, and expectations are high to see what kind of deep acting she will prove her presence this time.

Meanwhile, Coupang Play's original series 'Hyde', which is gaining more attention with the news of Kim Yun-seo's appearance, will be released for the first time on Coupang Play and JTBC today (23rd).

http://www.ggpyeonghwa.com/356648

Hyde Episode 2 Preview - Because you'll want to tear off the branches with your hands

• Blob 1

Coupang Play's newly-released mystery thriller Hide premiered with ratings of 4.05% (nationwide) and 4.43% (metropolitan).

Hide tells the story of a woman who faces a hard truth intertwined with her husband's disappearance and uncovers secrets. The K-drama stars Lee Bo YoungLee Moo SaengLee Chung Ah, and Lee Min Jae, among others. 

BdmwPl_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Hide?

Episode 2 of Hide will air on March 24 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/queen-of-tears-retains-double-digit-viewership-flex-x-cop-ends-with-steady-ratings

• Blob 1

I caught the first 2 episodes, and I thought it was a good solid start. Nice acting. Am suspicious of everyone. Even the house plant - LOL :D

I haven't watched the original work, so please don't give out any spoilers here if you know them. haha

@CarolynH @joccu @lebeaucouple @rocat @larus @Dhakra @Sleepy Owl @ktcjdrama @frozentundra @ferily @YongZura⁷ @agenth @TheaN @rocher22 @Tango27 any of you chingus watching this drama?

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

I caught the first 2 episodes, and I thought it was a good solid start. Nice acting. Am suspicious of everyone. Even the house plant - LOL :D

I haven't watched the original work, so please don't give out any spoilers here if you know them. haha

@CarolynH @joccu @lebeaucouple @rocat @larus @Dhakra @Sleepy Owl @ktcjdrama @frozentundra @ferily @YongZura⁷ @agenth @TheaN @rocher22 @Tango27 any of you chingus watching this drama?

def i am

i havenot watched the original but i am aware of some bits ...the korean already changed stuff like the fact that the fl has 4 children i think ..that she wears a yellow raincoat that became a signature ..they also changed her character which another signature ..and the bit about the husband too

because this is a much shorter show.. they went straight into mystery while not setting the personal note.. they shoulve have spent some time on their life as a couple ..cause some viewers felt disconnected 

anyway.. lby fixed those bits for me..what do you think about her chemistry with the ( bag guy) witness ? i wonder how will they treat this in contrast to the orginal which had 3 seasons !

I want the song at the end of ep 2 now.. so good 

the coming ep sounds very emotional.. i tried not to watch the preview, but i did

NEWS: Keeping Faith Now Airing on BBC One - Blogtor Who

Upcoming Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드- Lee Bo Young, Lee Chun Ah & Lee Mu  Saeng-Sat&Sun@10 p.m. KST- Premieres on March 23 - k-dramas & movies -  Soompi Forums

• Awesome 1

Hide: Episodes 1-2

by quirkycase

Strap in for a slick thriller helmed by Lee Bo-young as she works to uncover the mystery surrounding her husband’s sudden disappearance. We get off to a good start with tense, well-paced opening episodes with a strong heroine at the center. If you like a fierce Lee Bo-young, dramatic twists, evil conglomerates, an air of mystery, and a dash of action, this might just be for you.

EPISODES 1-2

This drama wastes no time getting started and covers a lot of ground in two episodes. With strong performances and a compelling mystery, it has the makings of a fun thriller so long as it doesn’t lose steam down the road. There’s a self-assuredness to the storytelling that bodes well and hopefully means the pace will stay brisk and tight.

We open on a tense scene in 1998 with a man and his teenage daughter running from creditors in the middle of the night. Thus begins their life on the run, which doesn’t last long. Hoping to free his daughter and escape his plight, the man decides to take his own life.

From there, we jump to 2023 where said daughter NA MOON-YOUNG (Lee Bo-young) is doing quite well for herself. She and her rich husband CHA SUNG-JAE (Lee Moo-saeng) are partners at a law firm gifted to them by Sung-jae’s father. They live a seemingly happy, well-curated life with their young daughter Bom.

One average morning, Sung-jae leaves for work… and never shows up. He’s completely unreachable, leaving Moon-young to rush to a vehicular homicide trial in his place. No one is happy with this last-minute switcheroo, especially the defendant KIM YOON-SUN (Kim Yoon-seo) who is frantic when she realizes Sung-jae isn’t coming. In fact, she’s so upset she runs, and the trial gets delayed.

It’s immediately clear something fishy is going on with this case. Yoon-sun’s employer, Geumshin Corporation’s CHIEF MA KANG (Heo Seo-joon), is strangely involved in the case. Chief Ma acts more like a gang boss than a suit, and he does not take well to Sung-jae’s disappearance; he assumes he ran and mutters menacingly about how he thought Sung-jae “understood him” after all this time working together.

Everyone is desperate to find Sung-jae, and the situation escalates quickly. The law office gets completely ransacked, Moon-young finds out both Sung-jae and the firm are billions of won in debt, and a terrified Yoon-sun seeks Moon-young out to beg her to save her. She claims Sung-jae told her to obey Chief Ma and take the blame for a vehicular manslaughter she didn’t commit. They even brought in a fake witness, delivery driver DO JIN-WOO (Lee Min-jae), to make things more convincing.

Moon-young is the only one who worries something happened to Sung-jae – even his mother assumes he just needed some time away. But then Moon-young’s worst nightmare comes true, and the police find Sung-jae’s body. In a flashback, we see him drive his car over a cliff, after which the car catches fire. The police rule it a suicide and close the case.

Seeing another loved one’s body in the morgue after a supposed suicide is too much for Moon-young, and she collapses. While she’s unconscious, her mother-in-law has Sung-jae cremated against her wishes – Moon-young wanted an autopsy because she can’t believe he chose to end his life. But after seeing the handwritten note and finding the stash of cash and life insurance policies he left for her, even Moon-young can’t deny it wasn’t foul play. Or at least, not directly.

Everyone else attributes his decision to the debt, but Moon-young is sure there’s more to the story. She refuses to let it go, even though everyone thinks she’s going overboard. Given Moon-young’s family history and trauma, it makes sense that she can’t accept her husband ended up just like her father – believing death was the only option out of financial ruin. It’s clear she’s going to see this through, no matter how bad the truth is.

Lee Bo-young is great here as the determined, grieving wife who will stop at nothing to find the truth. I’ve always particularly liked her in roles like this; she brings a winning combination of vulnerability and grit that makes it so easy to root for her. As the emotional center, she’s really carrying the show on her shoulders.

Moon-young gears up for her own investigation and starts with Geumshin. As if the company weren’t already suspicious enough, on the same day Sung-jae’s body is found, Yoon-sun dies in a car crash. Moon-young has no fear and marches into Chief Ma’s office to confront him about these supposed coincidences. He responds by viciously grabbing her by the throat and daring her to investigate her husband’s shady dealings, saying she’ll want to kill him herself once she sees his dirty laundry.

Well, that certainly left no doubt as to what type of person she’s dealing with. But if he thought that would intimidate her into stopping, no such luck. If anything, Moon-young is more determined now. She even whips out the whiteboard, complete with photos of suspicious persons and facts, so we know she means business.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/hide-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1