[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

Watch: Ahn Eun Jin And Namgoong Min Shoot A Dream Scene Together In “My Dearest” Behind-The-Scenes Video

Aug 28, 2023
by AliG

A new behind-the-scenes video for episode 8 of “My Dearest” is here!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin plays Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

In the latest behind-the-scenes video, Ahn Eun Jin and Namgoong Min come together to shoot a scene at the top of a mountain. The scene takes place in Yoo Gil Chae’s dream, and Namgoong Min comments, “It’s like I’m an AI in Yoo Gil Chae’s dream.” But despite the fact that they are meant to be acting out a dream, the two actors give a very sweet performance full of great chemistry.

ahn-eun-jin-namgoong-min-4-1.jpg

Spoiler

namgoong-min-.jpg

ahn-eun-jin-namgoong-min-2-1.jpg

The scenery also adds to Yoo Gil Chae’s dreamscape, though the director is quick to notice that the dense fog completely obscures the surrounding mountains and greenery.

“It seems just like a set,” Ahn Eun Jin points out. “There’s nothing in the background.” She then jokes that they should just add in some CG (computer graphic) scenery, to which the director indulges her by jokingly suggesting that they just shoot the scene in a studio instead.

ahn-eun-jin-2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYPc4GlARU&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.soompi.com%2F&source_ve_path=Mjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

https://www.soompi.com/article/1609710wpp/watch-ahn-eun-jin-and-namgoong-min-shoot-a-dream-scene-together-in-my-dearest-behind-the-scenes-video

• Like 1

by lo_ve, August 28, 2023
8 8

Lee Chung Ah will be working with actor Namkoong Min for the third time!

On August 28th, it was officially confirmed that Lee Chung Ah will be added to the cast of the ongoing MBC K-drama My Dearest.

Aside from reuniting with Namkoong Min, this will also be the grand comeback of Lee Chung Ah to the historical genre. She last starred in a historical K-drama back in 2008. 

This will be the second K-drama of Lee Chung Ah for 2023. She first appeared in the Netflix original series Celebrity with Park Gyu Young, CNBLUE's Kang Min Hyuk, Lee Dong Gun, Jeon Hyo Sung, and Han Jae In

Lee Chung Ah is also set to lead the upcoming K-drama Hide alongside Lee Bo Young, Lee Moo Saeng, and Lee Min Jae.

Namkoong Min and Lee Chung AH have worked together in the K-dramas One Dollar Lawyer and Awaken

Anticipation arises about how her character will affect the story of the K-drama and how she will be connected to Namkoong Min's character.

E5Yo1l_2f.jpg

My Dearest is led by Namkoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, Kim Yoon Woo, and Kim Seo An

The historical K-drama revolves around the love story of a man full of mystery and a noblewoman set in the 1600s during the Qing invasion.

Lee Chung Ah will portray the role of a mysterious person wearing a blue mask who will get involved with Namkoong Min's character, Lee Jang Hyun. She is a Qing prisoner hunter who has a strong personality. 

My Dearest's rating is currently first place in its time slot across all channels. The MBC K-drama airs every Friday and Saturday at 9:50 PM KST. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-chung-ah-to-reunite-with-namkoong-min-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

My Dearest: Episodes 7-8

by alathe

As war winds to a close, Joseon is left battered and shaken. Still, there’s one place where the party doesn’t stop: Hanyang! Here, our heroines are eager to recover their old lives — whilst our OTP is thrown, quite explosively, together once more…

EPISODES 7-8

Gil-chae races through the forest, just as Jang-hyun keels into the dirt. Half-awake, he watches as the woman he loves looks straight past him. Another fighter enters the fray. It’s the Joseon soldier who would have sent her to her death; conscience-stricken, he’s back to rescue her. Jang-hyun tussles with smallpox for consciousness — and finally, loses. Elsewhere, miles away, another battle is lost: as negotiations draw to a hopeless close, Joseon surrenders. The king and crown prince weep in each other’s arms, consumed by the humiliation of how history will judge them — whilst knowing this might be the last time they see one another.

Gil-chae and her friends trudge home, still half-disbelieving. Neunggun-ri is a hollow shell, stripped of its inhabitants. Our heroine wanders through the grove, smiling faintly as she remembers flashing her ankles, and parading amongst the scholars like a queen. Now, her father is too traumatized to recognize her face. Eun-ae has it even worse: her own father was tortured and killed by invaders. Still, amid grief, there’s a glimmer of hope — Yeon-joon, now a government official, has sent for her from Hanyang. Gil-chae immediately plasters on a brave face, preparing to say goodbye. But Eun-ae firmly dismisses such nonsense. As if she’d leave without her best friend!

As our heroines made their modest way to Hanyang, Jang-hyun tosses and sweats. His friends had found him half-dead on the island’s shore. Now, Goo Jam frets by his bedside, whilst Ryang-eum grips his hand and refuses to give up. As he sleeps, Jang-hyun is haunted by the same memory as ever: a child kneeling in the rain, crying for his father. Suddenly, the rain clears, and he meets Gil-chae’s frank expression. You’d better not leave me again, she scolds. When you smile, he replies, I can hear spring flowers bloom.

The real Gil-chae absolutely refuses to pine in his absence. She’s doing fine, okay? And if her daily excursions bring her to Ryang-eum’s gisaeng house — a truly scandalous establishment, by the way! — then what of it? That’s between her, her deeply offended moral sensibilities, and also sometimes Jong Jong! But it isn’t a) proof that she misses Jang-hyun, or b) anyone else’s business — got it, Eun-ae?

It takes a while for the newly-recovered Jang-hyun to brave a visit. No amount of fan-fluttering can mask his guilt over having sent Gil-chae and her friends to an island death trap. Still, reasoning that faint heart never won fair lady (unless you’re Yeon-joon, because life is unfair), he plunges ahead. He almost misses Gil-chae, who’s busy scouring the city for him. But, in the courtyard, a voice says you’re alive! in a tone so accusatory it can only belong to one person. Gil-chae marches up to him, spitting mad. Does he know the hell she went through? “Meet me in Ganghwa-do,” her foot!

Still, she adds, tentatively, I was rescued. Someone fought seventeen soldiers for me. (Jang-hyun averts his eyes.) Of course, it couldn’t have been a man as faithless as you… right? She takes a deliberate step into his space. (Jang-hyun looks positively dumbfounded.) I’ve been wondering, she murmurs. Don’t you get cold… fanning yourself in the winter? And lo, Jang-hyun reels back, bellowing out a retort with dignity at which one can only marvel: I have… a higher body temperature than most! Later, Goo Jam gives voice to the question on all our lips (besides the one about the fan): why not tell Gil-chae he saved her? Because, Jang-hyun replies — painfully empty of bravado — it embarrasses me.

Alas, the future is nothing if not rife with embarrassment. If there’s one thing our OTP excels at, it’s making everyone else perplexed and slightly uncomfortable. At dinner, Jang-hyun pokes slightly-too-satisfied fun at Yeon-joon’s lack of soldierly nous. Equally graceless, Gil-chae leaps to his defense. Oblivious, Yeon-joon laughs at the joke. Eun-ae ignores all of them, merrily taking advantage of Jang-hyun’s plentiful alcohol cabinet.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/my-dearest-episodes-7-8/

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Chung Ah Transforms Into A Mysterious Masked Woman In “My Dearest”

Lee Chung Ah Transforms Into A Mysterious Masked Woman In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has unveiled new stills of Lee Chung Ah!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin plays Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Earlier this week, it was announced that Lee Chung Ah will be reuniting with Namgoong Min for the third time in “My Dearest.”

Spoilers

In the new stills, Lee Chung Ah transforms into the role of a mysterious woman in a blue mask that winds up becoming entangled with Lee Jang Hyun. A Qing prisoner-of-war hunter, she has a bold personality but is also pure of heart. Although the woman covers the majority of her face with a traditional hat made of bamboo and a mask, her piercing gaze leaves a memorable impression. Viewers are curious to find out more about her mysterious identity and why she is hiding herself.

Lee-Chung-Ah-2.jpegLee-Chung-Ah-3.jpegLee-Chung-Ah.jpeg

The production team shared that the mysterious woman in a blue mask who plays an important role in the middle and later half of “My Dearest” will make an appearance in the September 1 broadcast of episode 9. They added, “Please show lots of interest and anticipation for the powerful entrance of the character that was completed through Lee Chung Ah’s powerful acting.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on September 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610533wpp/lee-chung-ah-transforms-into-a-mysterious-masked-woman-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 31, 2023

Xd4kDp_2f.jpg

The 8th episode of MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest" aired on the 26th. Lee Jang Hyun (Namkoong Min), who had traveled to Qing Dynasty Shenyang and Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon) in disguise, is now facing a life-threatening crisis. Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) in Hanyang mistakenly assumes that Lee Jang Hyun has died in Shenyang, shedding heart-wrenching sorrow.

Leaving behind the remark "I truly despise you" due to his bitter feelings toward Yoo Gil Chae, Lee Jang Hyun departs for the Qing Dynasty. Yoo Gil Chae realizes her feelings for him belatedly after he's gone. Viewers are hoping for the inevitable reunion of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, eagerly awaiting for their love to bloom. For that to happen, Lee Jang Hyun must overcome the death crisis.
QJdAw5_2f.jpg

In the 8th episode of My Dearest, Lee Jang Hyun is falsely accused of instigating a plot against Qing's Minister of War, Yong Gol Dae (Choi Young Woo), and is summoned before Qing's powerful Hong Taiji (Kim Joon Won). Hong Taiji had previously recognized Lee Jang Hyun as an undercover agent during the Red Turban Rebellion and became suspicious of him. Unless Lee Jang Hyun can dispel Hong Taiji's doubts, he is stuck in a situation where he could be executed.

The production team revealed images of Lee Jang Hyun with a sharp gaze while kneeling, his knees on the ground. Another photo shows him standing straight with a defiant smile directed at Yong Gol Dae. The question of how Lee Jang Hyun will overcome the crisis generates much anticipation.

1woRrK_2f.jpg

Furthermore, the powerful acting chemistry between Kim Joon Won and Choi Young Woo builds up the tension.

As the series progresses, MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest gains more and more pathos. The 9th episode is set to air on September 1st at 9:50 PM KST

• Like 1

Spoiler

Namgoong Min Returns To Hanyang Looking For Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min Returns To Hanyang Looking For Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

Will Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin be reunited on the next episode of MBC’s “My Dearest”?

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) didn’t believe in the idea of love. However, after meeting and falling in love with Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), he changed his mind entirely—and he was even willing to put his life on the line for the sake of love.

On the latest episode of the drama, Yoo Gil Chae mistakenly believed that Lee Jang Hyun had died after he left for Shenyang. It was only then that she realized the feelings she’d been harboring for him all along, and she broke down sobbing in grief.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun finally makes his grand return to Hanyang, where Yoo Gil Chae is. Riding a horse as he returns to the city, Lee Jang Hyun wears a relaxed expression that was nowhere to be found in the previous episode, when his life was at risk.

Notably, Lee Jang Hyun can’t hide his excitement at the thought of seeing Yoo Gil Chae again, and a dreamy smile appears on his face as he imagines their reunion.

Namgoong-Min-3-1.jpegNamgoong-Min-2-3.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” commented, “Namgoong Min perfectly captured Lee Jang Hyun’s love for Yoo Gil Chae through his excitement-filled gaze and the smile he can’t seem to hide.”

“In Episode 9, which airs today, Lee Jang Hyun returns to Hanyang,” they continued. “As he returns to Hanyang, Lee Jang Hyun’s mind and heart are filled to the brim with Yoo Gil Chae. Within one episode, Namgoong Min will display a broad spectrum of acting, from his overwhelmingly powerful charisma to the butterflies he feels in the face of love.”

“Will Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will be able to reunite?” they went on. “Please keep an eye on Namgoong Min’s powerful and heartache-inducing acting.”

Namgoong-Min-6.jpeg

To find out whether these star-crossed lovers will finally reunite in Hanyang, tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on September 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610729wpp/namgoong-min-returns-to-hanyang-looking-for-ahn-eun-jin-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

4 Times Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Missed Their Timing In Episodes 7-8 Of “My Dearest”

4 Times Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Missed Their Timing In Episodes 7-8 Of “My Dearest”

Sep 1, 2023
by shalini

This show. This show. It’s just so good. “My Dearest” temporarily takes its focus off historical events as the war draws to a close. But the end of the Greater Jin invasion doesn’t mean that things are back to normal. The suffering has only begun for Joseon’s people as they navigate their new post-war reality. Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) find themselves unanchored while the land tries to rebuild, even as everyone within is kept downtrodden by the Greater Jin. Happiness is just within reach. But Jang Hyun and Gil Chae’s greatest enemies on their path to each other may be none other than themselves.

Here are four times the main characters missed their timing in the previous episodes.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 below.

1. When Jang Hyun didn’t tell her that he was the soldier who saved her

What’s so heartbreaking about this week’s episodes is that so much of this pain (and everything that’ll come in the future) could have been avoided if Jang Hyun and Gil Chae were capable of being transparent. But that is easier said than done in an age where social norms and gender roles were unquestioningly obeyed and where most people were too busy surviving to have the time to gain clarity on the workings of their minds.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603513wpp/4-times-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-missed-their-timing-in-episodes-7-8-of-my-dearest

• Like 1

Namgoong Min Tries To Clear His Name After Getting Falsely Accused In “My Dearest”

Sep 1, 2023

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin plays Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

In the previous broadcast of “My Dearest,” Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Mu Jun) was sent to Qing as a hostage and Lee Jang Hyun went with him. Lee Jang Hyun was framed for falsely accusing Jung Myung Soo (Kang Gil Woo), a henchman of Qing military officer Yong Gol Dae (Choi Young Woo), and was brought before Qing emperor Hong Taiji (Kim Joon Won). Hong Taiji immediately recognized Lee Jang Hyun, who had infiltrated the Qing army during the Manchu war, and suspected that Lee Jang Hyun was lying about his identity. Lee Jang Hyun is bound to die if he doesn’t clear Hong Taiji’s suspicions.

Meanwhile, Yoo Gil Chae who was in Hanyang mistakenly believed that Lee Jang Hyun had been killed in Qing.

Lee Jang Hyun left for the Qing Dynasty feeling disappointed in Yoo Gil Chae. Yoo Gil Chae realized her feelings for Jang Hyun after his departure. Viewers are anxiously hoping that Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, who are currently apart from each other, will be reunited and that their love will come true. For that to happen, Lee Jang Hyun will have to clear any doubts the emperor has about him in order to escape death.

In the first still, Lee Jang Hyun is captured with a piercing gaze while on his knees.

namgoong-min-7.jpeg

my-dearest-1-2.jpg

In another photo, Lee Jang Hyun is standing in front of Yong Gol Dae, who is flashing a wicked smile at him. Viewers can’t help but wonder how Lee Jang Hyun managed to escape death.

my-dearest-2-1.jpg

The production team of “My Dearest” shared, “In the upcoming episode, what happens after Lee Jang Hyun kneels in front of Hong Taiji will be revealed. Lee Jang Hyun didn’t waver even in the face of death. Namgoong Min captured Lee Jang Hyun’s charisma with incredible focus and energy. In addition, his strong chemistry with actors Kim Joon Won and Choi Young Woo added to the tension.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610662wpp/namgoong-min-tries-to-clear-his-name-after-getting-falsely-accused-in-my-dearest

Here are the ratings for Episode 9!:).

“My Dearest” Heads Into Final Episode Of Part 1 On All-Time Ratings High

“My Dearest” Heads Into Final Episode Of Part 1 On All-Time Ratings High

MBC’s “My Dearest” is heading into the finale of Part 1 on double-digit ratings!

On September 1, the popular historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin returned to its all-time high in viewership ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of Part 1 of “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.6 percent, matching the show’s personal record from last week and taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610912wpp/my-dearest-heads-into-final-episode-of-part-1-on-all-time-ratings-high

Spoiler

Namgoong Min Tears Up As He Burns A Gift For Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min Tears Up As He Burns A Gift For Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a glimpse of a heartbreaking moment from its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) finally returned to Hanyang after nearly losing his life. However, his joy at the thought of being reunited with Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) was short-lived: when he arrived at her house, he found Yoo Gil Chae—who had mistakenly believed him dead—about to marry another man.

Before leaving for Shenyang, Lee Jang Hyun had promised to buy Yoo Gil Chae a pair of beautiful flower shoes. Despite repeatedly facing life-threatening danger, Lee Jang Hyun managed to overcome all the obstacles in his way and buy the flower shoes he had promised Yoo Gil Chae—a symbol of his enduring love and longing for her in the midst of war.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun tearfully burns the flower shoes he intended to give Yoo Gil Chae, making viewers’ hearts ache as he destroys a gift that had held so much meaning for him.

Namgoong-Min.jpegNamgoong-Min-2.jpegMy-Dearest.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” remarked, “In Episode 10, which airs today, Lee Jang Hyun finally stands before Yoo Gil Chae after a long journey, but he feels great sorrow at his situation, in which he is unable to reach her.”

“Through the depth and details of his passionate acting, Namgoong Min will perfectly convey the sorrow Lee Jang Hyun feels through the small screen,” they continued. “Please look forward to Namgoong Min’s acting, which wowed the production team in every scene.”

The final episode of Part 1 of “My Dearest,” which will run for 90 minutes, airs on September 2 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610935wpp/namgoong-min-tears-up-as-he-burns-a-gift-for-ahn-eun-jin-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! *Part 1 is done*:).

Part 1 Of “My Dearest” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

Part 1 Of “My Dearest” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

MBC’s “My Dearest” soared to its highest viewership ratings yet for its Part 1 finale!

The popular historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin is slated to air in two parts: after wrapping up Part 1 on September 2, the series will return with Part 2 in October.

According to Nielsen Korea, “My Dearest” hit a new all-time high in viewership for the final episode of Part 1. The broadcast scored an average nationwide rating of 12.2 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels and setting a new personal record for the drama.

“My Dearest” also earned its highest ratings yet among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 3.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1611012wpp/part-1-of-my-dearest-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

by Hazel Jung, September 2, 2023

RBeV8V_2f.jpg

MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest (Directed by Kim Sung Yong and Lee Han Joon and written by Hwang Jin Young) has been receiving warm love for depicting the essence of a passionate, melodramatic historical drama. The heartbreaking fate and affectionate love between the male and female protagonists, Lee Jang Hyun (played by Namkoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin), have been touching viewers' hearts, with the powerful and delicate performances by the two actors adding depth to the drama.

kAobzg_2f.jpg

Spoiler

d0Rm4K_2f.jpg

The ending of episode 9 of My Dearest, which aired on September 1st, dramatically portrayed the love and sorrowful destiny of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, capturing the attention of viewers nationwide. As Lee Jang Hyun returns to Hanyang after leaving for Shinyang for several years, he is faced with the news that Yoo Gil Chae, whom he thought had died, is about to marry another man. Many years have passed, and the meeting of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae left them emotionally overwhelmed.

kAoZXj_2f.jpg

Viewers eagerly hope that the hard-fought reunion of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will confirm their feelings for each other and that their love will finally come to fruition. On September 2nd, the My Dearest production team released a scene of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae embracing just before the 10th episode broadcast, drawing attention.

Spoiler

eYl4vq_2f.jpg

In the photo, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae face each other alone in the middle of the night. It can be inferred from their attire that this scene occurs on the same night as the ending of episode 9. As he gazes at Yoo Gil Chae, tears can fall from Lee Jang Hyun's eyes.

Yoo Gil Chae appears in disbelief at the sight of Lee Jang Hyun in front of her. The gazes of the two are filled with many emotions, including joy, affection, resentment, longing, and yearning. In the final photo, Lee Jang Hyun passionately embraces Yoo Gil Chae, creating a captivating scene.

Spoiler

eYlJYY_2f.jpg

QJdRKW_2f.jpg

Regarding this, the My Dearest production team stated, "In episode 10 of My Dearest viewers will be able to experience the essence of an emotional historical melodrama. The heartbreaking fate and affectionate love between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will undoubtedly stir viewers' hearts. Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin's profound and powerful performances and impeccable chemistry will elevate the immersion level of the drama. We are also curious about how the unforgettable scenes we've been quietly watching will be portrayed in the drama. We ask for your continued interest and expectations."

Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae have traversed a long and arduous journey to meet again. Lee Jang Hyun faced death in Shenyang, while Yoo Gil Chae sacrificed everything for her family's livelihood for several years. Can they finally confirm each other's feelings? Will their love find a way? The expectations are high for My Dearest to depict the essence of an emotional historical melodrama.

Meanwhile, the 10th episode of MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, which marks the conclusion of Part 1, will be broadcast for 90 minutes starting at 9:40 PM KST on September 2nd, 10 minutes earlier than usual.

https://mydramalist.com/article/namkoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-s-my-dearest-to-conclude-with-a-90-minute-episode

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 2, 2023
3 0

Episode 9 of the MBC period drama My Dearest climbed back to its same highest rating of 10.6%, which it also achieved for its seventh episode. But, the metropolitan viewership observed a slight decline from 9.9% (episode 8) to 9.8% (episode 9). Nevertheless, the drama retains its spot as the second-most-watched show on MBC. Part 1 of My Dearest now heads into the finale. 

0XZpn0mJY7lkAs2eqllYOZiTOMZZjDAimwvYHQhn

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest?

Episode 10 of My Dearest will air on September 2nd (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-retains-its-best-ever-rating-the-first-responders-2-witnesses-a-drop

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 3, 2023

The MBC period drama My Dearest scored average ratings of 12.2% (nationwide) and 11.5% (metropolitan) for its finale. The drama concluded by remaining the second most-watched show on MBC on Saturday. 

My Dearest commenced with a single-digit rating of 5.4% and did not break into double-digit ratings until the seventh episode. Then onwards, the drama maintained a streak of 10% ratings till its penultimate episode and concluded with its highest viewership of 12.2%. 

The show garnered significant international acclaim as well, with an impressive MDL rating of 8.7/10, while continuing to receive numerous positive reviews on the site.

BdpVkl_2f.jpg

Where to watch the K-drama My Dearest?

All the episodes of My Dearest are available to stream on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-concludes-with-highest-ratings-behind-your-touch-hits-low

• Like 1

20230903184340_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-“My Dearest” And Its Stars Continue Reign Over Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

Sep 3, 2023
by E. Cha

Once again, MBC’s “My Dearest” has swept the top spots on this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the second week in a row, “My Dearest” remained No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to topping the list of most buzzworthy dramas, “My Dearest” also continued to dominate the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members, where its leads Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin held onto their respective spots at No. 1 and No. 2.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of August are as follows:

1. MBC “My Dearest”
  2. tvN “The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch”
  3. JTBC “Destined With You”
  4. tvN “My Lovely Liar”
  5. ENA “Not Others”
  6. JTBC “Behind Your Touch”
  7. SBS “The First Responders 2”
  8. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!
  9. KBS2 “My Lovely Boxer”
  10. SBS “The Killing Vote”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Namgoong Min (“My Dearest”)
  2. Ahn Eun Jin (“My Dearest”)
  3. Ryu Seung Ryong (“Moving”)
  4. Nana (“Mask Girl”)
  5. Go Yoon Jung (“Moving”)
  6. Hwang Minhyun (“My Lovely Liar”)
  7. Jo In Sung (“Moving”)
  8. Rowoon (“Destined With You”)
  9. Kim So Hyun (“My Lovely Liar”)
  10. Go Hyun Jung (“Mask Girl”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1611156wpp/my-dearest-and-its-stars-continue-reign-over-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 1

‘My Dearest’ Wraps Up Part 1 Amid Mixed Reactions Over Possible Female Lead Change

krishkimkrishkim
2 hours ago

mydearest-768x512.png

MBC’s drama My Dearest has concluded Part 1 amid soaring popularity, yet it leaves behind a contentious debate among its viewers.

In episode 10 of MBC’s weekend drama My Dearest, aired on September 2nd, the heart-wrenching love story between Lee Jang Hyun (Namkoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) unfolded over 90 minutes. The pair survived brutal wars and near-death experiences, finally acknowledging their feelings for each other. Yet Gil Chae, realizing she can’t abandon her family, once again said goodbye to Jang Hyun.

Ultimately, a lone Jang-hyun leaves, and two years later, he is seen in Shenyang rescuing Korean captives. He encounters a mysterious Qing bounty hunter, Blue Mask (Lee Chung Ah), setting up a tense atmosphere as the episode concluded.

The drama premiered on August 4th and wrapped up its first part with episode 10 on September 2nd. Notably, the episode scored the highest ratings for the series thus far, with a national viewership of 12.2% and a metropolitan viewership of 11.5%, stirring significant buzz.

However, the drama’s high profile has led to clear “love it or hate it” reactions from viewers regarding its ending. After leading lady Ahn Eun Jin made her exit and a new romance was hinted at, some viewers responded with disapproval, saying, “They messed up Gil Chae’s character,” and “I was shocked that the female lead seems to be changing.” On the flip side, others are thrilled by the unexpected twists, commenting, “This is the first drama I see this happening” and “I can empathize with the characters,” displaying significant anticipation for what’s to come.

Meanwhile, My Dearest Part 1 told a poignant love story amid the devastating Qing invasion of Joseon, drawing a tight and robust narrative enriched with eloquent and gem-like dialogues. Part 2 is set to air in October, and all eyes are on whether the drama can sustain its buzz.

Source (1)

https://www.mymusictaste.com/news/my-dearest-wraps-up-part-1-amid-mixed-reactions-over-possible-female-lead-change,8094/

I have not watched episode 10 yet, but I don`t think Gil Chae’s character will exit the story. I really doubt it. They like to tease the audience. :D

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, September 4, 2023

kAo2Jw_2f.jpg

On the 2nd, MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest Part 1 ended. The drama boasted increasing popularity, with a nationwide viewership rating of 12.2%, setting a new record.

However, in the final episode of Part 1, when Lee Jang Hyun (played by Namkoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin) reunited, Gil Chae had already decided to marry another man, believing that Jang Hyun was dead, which left viewers feeling sympathetic.

Ultimately, for the sake of her family, Gil Chae gave up her elopement with Jang Hyun and chose to part ways. She wrote him, "It's true that I hesitated, but I don't believe in you or long for you enough to give up everything and follow you."

As the female and male leads took an unexpected turn, at the end of the broadcast, a masked woman's speech piqued viewers' curiosity as she fell, and the scene ended with Jang Hyun embracing her. The woman's identity is Lee Chung Ah, and the scene raises questions about their destined encounter.

0wyqpO_2f.jpg

Immediately after the broadcast, viewers expressed dissatisfaction and concern about the excessive collapse of the anticipated love line, with comments such as "Is the female lead changing?" "The direction with Lee Chung Ah has more impact than the previous Gil Chae storyline," "If it ends like this, doesn't it mean the story is going downhill?"

Spoiler

2wNbxP_2f.jpg

In response, on the 3rd, actor Namkoong Min personally explained. He posted a video montage of Jang Hyun and Gil Chae's affectionate moments from the drama, along with the dialogue, "The day you left me forever, I watched you hate me for a long time. But no matter how much I watch, I don't feel hatred." The sweet moments between Jang Hyun and Gil Chae were highlighted in the video.

Spoiler

6035np_2f.jpg

Namkoong Min added, "Thank you for all the love, interest, and concern. I will repay you with a beautiful love story between Jang Hyun and Gil Chae." This reassured viewers who were worried about the love line.

Netizens reacted with comments like "I can breathe easy after the last sentence," "I was already worried, but now I have to watch Part 2," "The chemistry with Lee Chung Ah is so good, but My Dearest is only Gil Chae," and "I almost didn't watch without Gil Chae." These reactions indicate the high expectations for Part 2.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-female-lead-is-ahn-eun-jin-namkoong-min-directly-addresses-controversy

I watched the last episode of part 1. I can`t believe tyhe people thought that they will change the female lead. I think it was a proper ending for part 1. Of course the protagonists won`t end up together. There has to be more hardship for them. Even if Jang Hyun will like another woman, he did not forget Gil Chae. And I totally understand her, why she did not leave her family for her love. They will meet again.

• Like 2