[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

Lee Da In Shares Her Excitement For Returning With “My Dearest”

Jul 28, 2023
by M. Kang

Lee Da In is finally returning with her first new drama since tying the knot with Lee Seung Gi!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a new MBC historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

In her first drama role in three years, Lee Da In stars as Yoo Gil Chae’s best friend Kyung Eun Ae, a noble and graceful woman that always manages to see the bright side of things. Her character embodies strength as she lives out her life through the harshness of war.

lee-da-in1.jpeg

Reflecting on her time as Kyung Eun Ae, Lee Da In commented that the first thing that pulled her towards the role was the script.

The actress, who has been shooting “My Dearest” since last winter, explained, “First of all, the script was well-written. I remember being so engrossed in the script while reading it that I didn’t realize how much time had passed. The more I read it, the more fun the story became, and I started getting excited for it. I was taken by the notion that I wanted to become a part of this drama.”

lee-da-in2.jpeg

Describing her character, Lee Da In remarked, “While she is always loving and has a warm heart, she is a strong person at her core. As a wise woman, she always maintains her cool, but I think the viewers will find her odd and cute moments amusing and unexpectedly charming.”

She added, “Eun Ae always maintains her composure, but there still needs to be an element of brightness within her. So I paid a lot of attention to making sure that she is not depicted as simply a quiet and dark character. I focused on expressing both the upbeat and the calm aspects of her personality while keeping them balanced, so she wouldn’t be too cheerful or too dark.”

lee-da-in-4.jpeg

Looking ahead to the premiere, Lee Da In also described what she’s looking forward to the most. She said, “Personally, as I read through the script, the scenes with Gil Chae and Jang Hyun really made my heart flutter. And when I saw the two actors in action, they were just as amazing as I had expected. So I’m already excited to see how that relays on screen. Also, another thing to look out for is how the women endure and mature through the harshness of war and being refugees.”

The actress wrapped up by saying, “‘My Dearest’ has everything from a well-written script to amazing cinematography and a talented cast. It’s such a great drama that I’m honored to be a part of it. Please join us in watching ‘My Dearest’ this summer.”

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603470wpp/lee-da-in-shares-her-excitement-for-returning-with-my-dearest

Watch: Namgoong Min Sweetly Attempts To Court Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest” Teaser

Jul 30, 2023
by S. Nam

20230730111042_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-

MBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “My Dearest” has previewed a heart-fluttering romance story!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The newly released teaser depicts the heart-fluttering romance between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae. In the teaser, Lee Jang Hyun is immediately taken with the view of Yoo Gil Chae on a swing. Lee Jang Hyun naturally begins to express interest in Yoo Gil Chae, and once Yoo Gil Chae realizes, she teases him by asking, “You’ve fallen for me?” with playful confidence evident in her voice.

Although Lee Jang Hyun tries to make advances while expressing his interest in her, Yoo Gil Chae responds, “I’m definitely going to meet someone I’m fated to be with. I’m going to get married to a splendid man soon.” Lee Jang Hyun further shocks Yoo Gil Chae by revealing, “I’ve decided from long ago to never get married.”

Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae have different views on love, but they are still undeniably drawn to each other. As they gaze affectionately at each other, Lee Jang Hyun gently caresses Yoo Gil Chae’s face and says, “Come to me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603904wpp/watch-namgoong-min-sweetly-attempts-to-court-ahn-eun-jin-in-my-dearest-teaser

• Like 1

Namgoong Min Leans In For A Kiss With Ahn Eun Jin In Romantic Poster For “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min Leans In For A Kiss With Ahn Eun Jin In Romantic Poster For “My Dearest”

MBC has unveiled a beautiful new poster for its upcoming drama “My Dearest”!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

In the newly released poster, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae share a romantic moment in a picturesque field under the setting sun. Lee Jang Hyun cautiously takes Yoo Gil Chae’s face in one hand and leans in for a kiss, while the typically bold and feisty Yoo Gil Chae closes her eyes, looking uncharacteristically nervous as Lee Jang Hyun slowly draws near.

The poster offers a sneak peek of the chemistry between the two leads, as well as the tenderness and depth of their characters’ feelings for one another.

My-Dearest.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” commented, “With their top-notching acting skills and chemistry, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin are portraying a fateful love story in the drama. Namgoong Min’s incredible attention to detail and Ahn Eun Jin’s undeniable charms will shake up the hearts of viewers of all ages.”

“In order to perfect this heartache-inducing romance, the two actors are constantly conversing and discussing their scenes on the set,” they continued. “Please show lots of interest and love for ‘My Dearest,’ which will premiere on August 4.”

“My Dearest” will air its first episode on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604003wpp/namgoong-min-leans-in-for-a-kiss-with-ahn-eun-jin-in-romantic-new-poster-for-my-dearest

• Like 1

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

“My Dearest” will air its first episode on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

This drama will air this Friday. I am looking forward to watch it but I am still not pleased that it will be in two parts.

• Blob 1

Spoiler

Ahn Eun Jin Is The Beautiful Daughter Of A Noble Family In Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Is The Beautiful Daughter Of A Noble Family In Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has shared brand-new stills of Ahn Eun Jin!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Ahn Eun Jin plays the role of Yoo Gil Chae, the daughter of a noble family, who reigns as a socialite goddess with her beauty and charm. Initially, Yoo Gil Chae tends to be a bit conceited. However, after suffering through wartime and falling in love with one man, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

In the newly released stills, Yoo Gil Chae looks both feminine and adorable in her gorgeous pink and red hanbok. Sitting with a paintbrush in her hand, the elegant noblewoman looks as beautiful as a painting.

ahn-eun-jin-3.jpeg

ahn-eun-jin-2.jpeg

ahn-eun-jin-1.jpeg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “Yoo Gil Chae is the female protagonist at the center of the stormy narrative of ‘My Dearest.’ That’s how crucial Ahn Eun Jin’s acting skills are [to this drama]. Ahn Eun Jin captured the transformation of Yoo Gil Chae’s character, who starts out lovely and gradually grows stronger, with her deep and broad acting skills. Viewers will be able to see another side of Ahn Eun Jin’s charm through ‘My Dearest.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604448wpp/ahn-eun-jin-is-the-beautiful-daughter-of-a-noble-family-in-upcoming-drama-my-dearest

• Like 1

20230801113522_namgoong-min-900%C3%97600Namgoong Min Dishes On His Upcoming Historical Drama “My Dearest”

Aug 2, 2023

Namgoong Min has talked about his character in MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest”!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in Neunggeun Village’s high society one day. After experiencing an unimaginable tragedy, he no longer finds anything interesting in life, but he is strongly attracted to a woman named Yoo Gil Chae, who has a strong will to live that he does not have.

When asked about his character, Namgoong Min explained, “Originally, Lee Jang Hyun is a character who’s very pessimistic about love. He thinks of love as something that can be fun, like a prank, but can also be lost in an instant. I think it will be interesting for viewers to see how this Lee Jang Hyun changes after meeting Yoo Gil Chae.”

He continued, “For example, Lee Jang Hyun, who previously didn’t pay attention to anything that didn’t benefit him, starts doing so for Yoo Gil Chae and because of Yoo Gil Chae. I think that what is most appealing about Lee Jang Hyun is the fact that he is a character who discovers love, then changes and grows because of it.”

namgoong-min-1.jpeg

Describing his portrayal of the character, Namgoong Min shared, “One of the most important aspects of playing various characters is to create a look and style that fits the character. I have been paying a lot of attention to my appearance in this drama because I think it is important to make sure that I look the part so that I can concentrate on my acting.”

He added, “Also, since it was my first historical drama in 10 years, the tone, atmosphere, and behavior felt unfamiliar, so I made a lot of effort to adjust certain things to my own style.”

namgoong-min-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604495wpp/namgoong-min-dishes-on-his-upcoming-historical-drama-my-dearest

• Blob 1

Ahn Eun Jin Dishes On Her Character In “My Dearest” And How She Prepared For Her Role

Aug 2, 2023

Ahn Eun Jin has revealed how she prepared for her role in MBC’s “My Dearest”!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is an upcoming historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Ahn Eun Jin plays the role of Yoo Gil Chae, the daughter of a noble family, who reigns as a socialite goddess with her beauty and charm. Initially, Yoo Gil Chae tends to be a bit conceited. However, after suffering through wartime and falling in love with one man, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

When asked about her character, Ahn Eun Jin explained, “Yoo Gil Chae grew up in Neunggeun village without lacking anything, and she’s someone who needs to always get whatever she wants. The story is about how Yoo Gil Chae meets a man named Lee Jang Hyun, goes through a war, and gradually matures. I think if you follow Yoo Gil Chae’s story, you will understand and cheer for her, as you feel her growing pains.”

She continued, “As I was reading the script, I thought, ‘How can you not love Gil Chae?’ She seems to be a character that the writer has a lot of affection for. So I think viewers are going to love Gil Chae, too. Just like I do.”

ahn-eun-jin-3-1.jpeg

ahn-eun-jin-2-1.jpeg

Talking about how she prepared for the character of Yoo Gil Chae, the actress shared, “Historical dramas are very difficult to approach. First, I started by getting used to the tone of historical dramas. So I think I practiced more than I did for other scripts in the past. After that, I practiced by following the character.”

She concluded, “If you understand Yoo Gil Chae’s heart, you will be able to follow along. Please show the drama lots of love.”

ahn-eun-jin-1-1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604819wpp/ahn-eun-jin-dishes-on-her-character-in-my-dearest-and-how-she-prepared-for-her-role

• Like 1

Namgoong Min’s Gaze Burns Brightly Despite The Hardships Of Battle In “My Dearest”

Aug 3, 2023
by S. Nam

MBC’s “My Dearest” has teased new stills of Namgoong Min ahead of the premiere!

In the newly released stills, Lee Jang Hyun is standing alone alongside the seashore while covered in blood. Using his long blade to support himself as he gets up, he sends a piercing gaze toward something and runs to it. Lee Jang Hyun’s blood-splattered face and attire as well as his disheveled hair raise questions about what hardships he faced during wartime.

Namgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

Namgoong-Min-4.jpeg

Despite his haggard appearance, Lee Jang Hyun captivates with his bright eyes and charisma, making viewers wonder what led him to be in such a situation, which will be Lee Jang Hyun’s first appearance in episode 1.

Namgoong-Min-1-1.jpeg

The production team introduced Lee Jang Hyun as an extremely charming lead who only loves one woman. They added, “No one but Namgoong Min could portray such a character as charming as Lee Jang Hyun,” asking viewers to anticipate the actor’s upcoming performance on the small screen.

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604944wpp/namgoong-mins-gaze-burns-brightly-despite-the-hardships-of-battle-in-my-dearest

• Like 2

20230803082731_My-Dearest-1.jpg?s=900x60Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, And Lee Da In Dish On Their Chemistry On Set Of “My Dearest”

Aug 3, 2023
by S. Nam

The cast of MBC’s “My Dearest” talked about their chemistry!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. Lee Hak Joo plays Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan, while Lee Da In plays Kyung Eun Ae, Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s best friend.

Check out their comments below!

Namgoong Min

Namgoong-Min-1-.jpeg

Namgoong Min shared, “Actress Ahn Eun Jin showcased the bubbly and lovable charms of the character Gil Chae through her own style. Thanks to that, we were able to act out the romance without any difficulty.”

He continued, “I am also filming well with actors Lee Hak Joo and Lee Da In while being considerate of each other. I had the thought that it would be nice to meet actor Lee Hak Joo through a project once, and I am anticipating how [his performance] will appear through the broadcast because I think the character of Nam Yeon Joon that he takes on in ‘My Dearest’ fits well with his own personality. I am also connected to actress Lee Da In through the project ‘Doctor Prisoner‘ from four years ago, and I was really happy to meet again for the first time in a long while, and we are filming enjoyably with great chemistry.”

Ahn Eun Jin

Ahn-Eun-Jin-1-.jpeg

Ahn Eun Jin remarked, “I am receiving a lot of help from Namgoong Min. He always looks affectionately as Jang Hyun behind the camera, so it’s a set where I don’t even need to act.”

She added, “I was strongly linked to actress Lee Da In while filming a scene where we flee together early on. Since a sense of comradeship was developed, I could only see her as a friend I love. So in the areas where Eun Ae and Gil Chae’s friendship meet, I end up crying even when we’re only looking at each other. Laughter is endless when filming with actor Lee Hak Joo. Although Lee Hak Joo is more serious than anyone else when filming, he is a really witty person in the moments he isn’t filming. It’s always enjoyable when acting [with him] because he makes his counterpart feel comfortable.”

Lee Hak Joo

Lee Hak Joo dished, “It was so nice when the four actors met together, and we were always able to film enjoyably with high energy. Namgoong Min is embracing the entire project. He is a reliable senior actor who makes you feel secure when acting with him. I always looked forward to the scenes meeting Jang Hyun.”

He continued, “Actress Ahn Eun Jin has bright energy, and she has the charm of making people feel better just by looking at her. She immersed perfectly into the role to the point I wonder if there is another actress in the world who would suit the character of Yoo Gil Chae better. Furthermore, actress Lee Da In has unexpected charms despite her neat image. She has a great sense of humor, and she incorporated that naturally within the character of Kyung Eun Ae, creating an even richer character.”

Spoiler

Lee-Da-In-Lee-Hak-Joo.jpeg

Lee Da In

Lee Da In remarked, “Namgoong Min is an actor with extraordinary leadership in many ways. He always gives advice to all the actors in addition to me, and I always trust and rely on him on set because he works hard to lead the drama well.”

She continued, “Actress Ahn Eun Jin treated me comfortably like a friend. I’m not sure if it’s because we filmed difficult scenes together, but I think we have become fond like Gil Chae and Eun Ae. Furthermore, I attended the same school as actor Lee Hak Joo, and he actually has a playful and fun side like Yeon Joon, so I couldn’t stop smiling when working together with him. I was so very happy on set of ‘My Dearest.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605019wpp/namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-lee-hak-joo-and-lee-da-in-dish-on-their-chemistry-on-set-of-my-dearest

• Like 1

14+ New K-Dramas To Check Out In August

Aug 4, 2023
by D. Kim

As summer gradually comes to a close, a major wave of new K-dramas hits the screens this month.

Here are some new dramas to check out in August:

My Dearest

my-dearest-1.jpeg

Cast: Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, Kim Yoon Woo, Ji Seung Hyun, Park Jeong Yeon, Kwon So Hyun, Park Kang Sub, Choi Moo Sung, etc.

Premiere Date: August 4

Broadcast Details: Fridays and Saturdays at 9:50 p.m. KST on MBC, available on Viki

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603298wpp/14-new-k-dramas-to-check-out-in-august

Premiere Watch: My Dearest

by missvictrix

Namgoong-Min-4.jpeg

Time slot: Friday-Saturday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Sageuk, melodrama, romance
Episode count: 10 (Part 1)

Reasons to watch: Sweeping sageuk, anyone? MBC’s upcoming My Dearest sold itself almost immediately with its teaser poster (if you ask me). Telling the tale of two lovers (Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun-jin) torn apart by a soon-approaching invasion into Joseon, everything about this screams EPIC. The team of two PDs previously worked with Namgoong Min on The Veil (so underrated!) and the screenwriter here is Hwang Jin-young of Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People. In fact, the only downside is the two-part split. But for some reason, when a network separates a drama into Part 1 and Part 2 right off the bat (much like Alchemy of Souls), I’m more inclined to give them a pass than I am when they revive an already-aired series for a second go. In turn, though, I expect an important narrative break in the storytelling that would warrant the two-part splitting — not just a random scheduling decision.

TL;DR: Epic war-torn sageuk love story that practically sells itself

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/premiere-watch-my-dearest/

• Like 1

Namgoong Min X Lee Hak Joo, What do you want to fight with when there is a war?, MBC 230804 broadcast

[Lovers Highlights] Namgung-min x Ahn Eun-jin, love that gets thicker as they get more dangerous, 'lovers', MBC 230804 broadcast

'Lover' Lee Da-in, returning after marriage with Lee Seung-gi "It's more burdensome than usual"

29T9Z9YC90_1.jpg

On the afternoon of the 4th, at the Golden Mouse Hall of MBC Broadcasting Center in Mapo-gu, Seoul, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (played by Hwang Jin-young/directed by Kim Seong-yong) production presentation was held. Director Kim Seong-yong, actors Namgoong-min, Ahn Eun-jin, Lee Hak-joo, Lee Da-in, and Kim Yun-woo attended and talked about various works.

Lee Da-in expressed her feelings about working on a work for the first time after marrying Lee Seung-gi. He said, "I work with a lot of pressure on each project. It's my comeback after three years, and it's the first drama I'm showing after getting married, so I felt more pressure than ever before, and I filmed with nervousness." "But all the actors and staff felt comfortable. I was able to film comfortably thanks to you.”

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/29T9Z9YC90

"Confidence in ratings"... 'Lovers', box office fairy Namgoong-min and MBC drama sluggishness should end (comprehensive) [SE ★ Field]

29T9Z6OPA9_1.jpg

29T9Z6OPA9_2.jpg

29T9Z6OPA9_3.jpg

On the afternoon of the 4th, at the Golden Mouse Hall of MBC Broadcasting Center in Mapo-gu, Seoul, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (played by Hwang Jin-young/directed by Kim Seong-yong) production presentation was held. Director Kim Seong-yong, actors Namgoong-min, Ahn Eun-jin, Lee Hak-joo, Lee Da-in, and Kim Yun-woo attended and talked about various works.

'Lovers' is a human historical melodrama about the love of lovers and the life force of the people who pass each other during the Byeongja Horan. It tells the story of how far and what a person in love can do. Director Kim Seong-yong, who directed 'Black Sun', and 'Climax'. Writer Hwang Jin-young, who wrote 'The Emperor's Daughter, Baek Sukhyang' and 'Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People', came together.

Director Kim said, “It is an epic story of history and fate unfolding through the characters who lived during the Byeongja Horan, the most turbulent event of the Joseon Dynasty. I hope it will be a meaningful work that gives a glimpse of whether it has sublimely inherited the value of '.

Regarding the character of 'Lovers', Director Kim said, "It can be dangerous to define it as authentic, but we wanted to show that period. Of course, there are real people among the characters, but there are fictional characters, so it is difficult to assert that it is authentic." "Still, I tried to make viewers feel the era as realistically as possible. It is absolutely not fusion. It is a historical drama that is close to orthodox", he defined.

The historical background of the Byeongjahoran is spread throughout the work. Director Kim said, "Just before the outbreak of war, a village is illuminated, and peacefulness unfolds. In the first three or four episodes, barbarians attack and the Byeongjahoran breaks out." They are entwined, intertwined, and moving. In the process, the growth of the characters leads the story." At the same time, he foreshadowed, "It does not end just because the war ends, but after that, they are taken prisoner, the captured princesses return, and what kind of position they are placed in Joseon unfolds."

I didn't miss the visual either. Director Kim said, "This is the first time I've been in charge of a historical drama as the main director, but what I put my heart and soul into was the visuals. I also worked hard on organizing the staff to show viewers the visual beauty." I thought it could be this pretty," he said.

Casting went smoothly. Director Kim said, "I feel happy. I met good actors. The synchro rate is very high, and the actors I wanted to serve" said, "The first thing that came to my mind after receiving this script was Namgoong-min. I want to work together, but the previous film 'Black Sun' It was difficult to propose because we were together, but it seemed like we got a thousand thousand horses because we wanted to do it together." "Ahn Eun-jin has always been a greedy actor. People around me said that Ahn Eun-jin seemed to have grown up with a lot of love and liveliness, but I thought it would fit well with the character," he said. I suggested it because it has an indescribable strange charm. I liked Dain's image as a benevolent, feminine, and oddly quirky character." Regarding Yun-Woo Kim, "I was greedy and proceeded with the audition because there was a point of observation that only Yang Yin had. He saw Yun-Oh Kim for the first time, and he just caught his eye, and he really wanted to do it with this friend." "The unique atmosphere and excellence was felt," he said.

Namgoong-min plays the role of Lee Jang-hyeon, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in Neunggun-ri one day. Namgoong-min, who was mainly active in her genre, will show off her melodramatic acting after a long time through this work. He said, "Strangely, I couldn't connect with the melodrama. I did a lot of dramas without melodrama, where love seems to come true, but there is no love in it." I decided to do a project because it had a structure and I liked it, and then I realized that there was a melodrama in it.” "The writer's words that left the most impression on me were 'a drama about how much people can change and what they can do because of love.' “Compared to the previous dramas, it is more than perfect,” he pointed out.

Ahn Eun-jin, who played the role of Yoo Gil-chae, the eldest daughter of a nobleman, Yoo Gyo-yeon, who went back home, said, "It seems that historical dramas are always difficult to approach easily. We need more practice and time to load." I'm glad you helped." She continued, "The biggest charm is making while traveling around the country and imagining that it must have been like this in the Joseon Dynasty with beautiful scenery. I think there is an attraction to seeing it because it seems to be more beautifully captured on the screen."

Lee Hak-joo plays Nam Yeon-joon, the first love of Yoo Gil-chae, a student of Confucianism in Sungkyunkwan, who seems to have been born and raised to live as a gentleman. He said, "When dealing with the sick Horan, I always came across works that dealt with the story of the royal family. I saw the horrors of that era through the royal family, but it was touching to see the lovers showing the people and not letting go of love and hope even in the midst of war. "he said. Kim Yun-woo takes on the role of Yang-eum, the best pansori singer in Joseon, and performs passionately. He thanked, "There were many scenes with Namgoong Min. The senior always gave me ideas and passed on a lot of tips, so I'm trying to learn well over his shoulder."

MBC dramas are experiencing a long slump recently. It is 'lover' that emerged as a relief pitcher. Namgoong-min, the lead actor, has no choice but to have a heavy burden on his shoulders. Regarding this, Namgoong-min said, "I don't feel a lot of pressure on the outside. Mentally, I feel like I feel another burden." "he said. "I'm also strict with myself, but if you ask yourself, 'Did you sincerely bring out all of yourself and do your best while working on this project?', I can confidently answer, 'I did my best,'" he said. I can. I watched parts 1 and 2, and I dare to assert that you will like it because it seems to have melted well in that part."

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/29T9Z6OPA9

Everybody looked good and ellegant in the press conference. I know they will do well.

I am in the mood of a sageuk romance melodrama and it is even better that Namgoong Min was the lead actor because I want to see him in this kind of drama too.

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인-Namgoong Min & Ahn Eun Jin-Fri&Sat@21:50 KST

Here are the ratings for Episode 1 :).

“My Dearest” And “The First Responders 2” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle With Strong Premieres

“My Dearest” And “The First Responders 2” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle With Strong Premieres

Two new dramas got off to promising starts last night!

On August 4, both MBC’s “My Dearest” and SBS’s “The First Responders 2” aired their highly-anticipated premieres.

“My Dearest,” a new historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, premiered to higher viewership ratings than the all-time high of its predecessor “Numbers” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot). According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.4 percent—already managing to beat the personal record of 4.7 percent achieved by “Numbers” with just its premiere.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605359wpp/my-dearest-and-the-first-responders-2-kick-off-fierce-ratings-battle-with-strong-premieres

Namgoong Min Makes Ahn Eun Jin’s Heart Skip A Beat In “My Dearest”

Aug 5, 2023
by E. Cha

20230805071828_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin.

Get ready to feel the butterflies on the next episode of MBC’s “My Dearest”!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

On the first episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun found himself drawn to the stubborn and spirited Yoo Gil Chae, who had lived a sheltered life growing up in her quiet village. However, Yoo Gil Chae only had eyes for Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo), even though he was already engaged to Kyung Eun Ae (Lee Da In).

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming second episode, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae share a quiet encounter alone in close quarters.

When the two run into each other in a hidden room, Lee Jang Hyun’s usual playful, roguish attitude is nowhere to be found. Instead, he gazes at Yoo Gil Chae with a serious, sincere expression—and even though she attempts to feign disinterest, Yoo Gil Chae is unable to hide her curiosity towards Lee Jang Hyun as she carefully examines him with her arms full of books.

Namgoong-Min.jpeg

Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpeg

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min-2-2.jpeg

Ahn-Eun-Jin-2-2.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” teased, “In Episode 2, which airs today (August 5), Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will get much closer. As they get closer, special and unfamiliar emotions will develop between the two of them.”

“Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin depicted their characters’ changing feelings in vivid, romantic detail,” they continued. “While watching the two lovable characters go from bickering to getting closer before they even realize it, viewers will find their hearts racing together with them. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for the second episode of ‘My Dearest.'”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on August 5 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605411wpp/namgoong-min-makes-ahn-eun-jins-heart-skip-a-beat-in-my-dearest

• Like 1