[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

KimTaeHoon confirmed cast for MBC drama MyDearest, he will act as Choi Myung-gil who is a loyalist who prioritizes national interests and never give up his decision with a practical personality.

Nice to see Kim Tae hoon in this drama. I hope he will have a lead role again in the future.

It looks like he will play a good guy in this sageuk.

Ahn Eun-jin finds her way back to My Dearest Namgoong Min

by tccolb

More promos have been released for MBC’s upcoming sageuk My Dearest, showcasing our tragedy bound leads Namgoong Min (One Dollar Lawyer) and Ahn Eun-jin (The Good Bad Mother) in a beautiful new poster and video teaser.

Set against the backdrop of the 1636 Qing Invasion during the Joseon era, the trailer begins with our battle-worn Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong Min) finding respite by the sea. Reflecting back on happier times, we hear Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) speaking to him in voiceover: “Do you remember the first day you saw me?” In reply, Jang-hyun gives his honest confession that his heart races whenever he sees her.

With renewed resolve, our hero takes hold of his sword again and turns to face the enemy and we hear Jang-hyun’s desperate warning to Gil-chae: “If you see smoke coming from above that mountain, you must take refuge.” In the sequence we watch as the feared danger forces their way into Joseon, wreaking havoc in the villages.

Gil-chae escapes with the crowds into the woods, but is forced to fight off one attacker. Fighting off tears, she bravely keeps her composure and comforts her friend afterwards. For the sake of their survival, Gil-chae determines that, “Nothing has happened to us today.” In the intermittent text screens, we read the epic declaration that despite the growing danger, a love that grew even stronger is about to begin.”

Taking us through (more) breathtaking landscapes, the camera follows Gil-chae as she runs to find Jang-hyun and she longingly wonders, “Where are you right now?” The teaser then comes to a close as our star-crossed pair finally meet and Jang-hyun tells her, “Don’t ever forget the moments we shared today.”

On the production side, MBC’s My Dearest is co-directed by PD Kim Sung-yong (The Veil) and PD Chun Soo-jin, with scripts penned by Hwang Jin-young (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People). Part 1 of the 20-episode romance will be launching next month on August 4, broadcasting in the weekend slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/ahn-eun-jin-finds-her-way-back-to-my-dearest-namgoong-min/

by lo_ve, July 21, 2023
1 0

After starring in Delightfully Deceitful, Kim Tae Hoon is set to appear in a new K-Drama a month after.

On July 21st, it was officially confirmed that Kim Tae Hoon would be added to the cast of the upcoming historical romance K-drama My Dearest.

Kim Tae Hoon's agency El Julai Entertainment confirmed the reports and also relayed the message of the actor as he got cast in the upcoming K-drama. The actor stated, "Acting a character that was part of history is always a heavy responsibility and difficult thing to do but I will do my best to be natural and express the character's traits in this upcoming drama. Please look forward to it." 

The actor starred in the recently ended K-drama Delightfully Deceitful led by Chun Woo Hee, Kim Dong Wook, Yoon Park, Park So Jin, Lee Yeon, and Hong Seung Bum

He also appeared in the Netflix original K-drama Queenmaker which also aired early this year. 

Aside from K-dramas, Kim Tae Hoon will also join the upcoming movie Taste of Horror with Park So Yi, Yoo Da In, Yoon Hyun Min, Jang Gwang, Lee Joo Young, and Kim Joo Ryoung.

BdjxA6_2f.jpg

My Dearest will be the next work of director Kim Sung Yong (The Veil) and writer Hwang Jin Young (The King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang, and Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People).

The K-drama will revolve around a noblewoman and a mysterious man set in Joseon during the Qing invasion, known in Korean as Byeongja Horan.

It will be led by Namkoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, Kim Yoon Woo, and Kim Seo An

In the series, Kim Tae Hoon will give life to the character named Choi Myung Gil. He is a loyalist whose topmost priority is the national interests. He is also a person who does not bend his decision. 

My Dearest will air its first episode on August 4th at 9:50 PM KST. The historical K-drama will exclusively air on MBC. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-tae-hoon-to-work-with-namkoong-min-in-the-upcoming-k-drama-my-dearest

Namgoong Min Fights To Survive And Reunite With His Love In “My Dearest” Poster

Namgoong Min Fights To Survive And Reunite With His Love In “My Dearest” Poster

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has unveiled a new poster ahead of its premiere!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The newly released poster captures Lee Jang Hyun struggling to stand upright even while bleeding amidst what appears to be a battlefield shrouded in darkness. Within a cruel battlefield, Lee Jang Hyun’s strong gaze remains unwavering and shines brightly, conveying his determination.

The text on the poster that reads, “Wherever you are, I will definitely go to meet you,” hints at the reason why Lee Jung Hyun is fighting to survive. The poster highlights Lee Jang Hyun’s deep love for Yoo Gil Chae, which drives his powerful resolve.

Namgoong-Min-My-Dearest.jpeg

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602527wpp/namgoong-min-fights-to-survive-and-reunite-with-his-love-in-my-dearest-poster

Ahn Eun Jin Is A Courageous Woman Who Protects Her Love Even Amidst War In “My Dearest” Poster

Ahn Eun Jin Is A Courageous Woman Who Protects Her Love Even Amidst War In “My Dearest” Poster

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has unveiled a new glimpse of Ahn Eun Jin in character!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Born to a high-ranking family, Yoo Gil Chae has a privileged upbringing. However, after suffering through wartime, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

Yoo Gil Chae’s newest poster captures her on a snowy day, highlighting her elegance and innocent. The text on the poster that reads, “That day, it felt like the man of my dream would come to me,” hints at Yoo Gil Chae’s character who is always honest when it comes to love. Furthermore, it shows how important love is for Yoo Gil Chae and piques viewers’ curiosity to see what she will do to protect that very love even in the face of war.

ahn-eun-jin-1-1.jpeg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “Ahn Eun Jin’s role Yoo Gil Chae is the character who goes through the most dramatic transformation in our drama. At the center of it is her love story with Lee Jang Hyun and her will to survive. We firmly believe that Ahn Eun Jin’s wide acting spectrum and skill will shine [through this drama] and ‘My Dearest’ will be Ahn Eun Jin’s representative work. Please kindly give it lots of interest, expectations, and support.”

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602789wpp/ahn-eun-jin-is-a-courageous-woman-who-protects-her-love-even-amidst-war-in-my-dearest-poster

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Drama “My Dearest” Unveils Character Relationship Chart

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Drama “My Dearest” Unveils Character Relationship Chart

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has released a character relationship chart!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. The drama also stars Lee Hak Joo as Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan, and Lee Da In as Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s closest friend Kyung Eun Ae.

The new relationship chart shows the drama’s four main characters Lee Jang Hyun, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon, and Kyung Eun Ae, as well as members of the Joseon royal family, people from Qing, and a mysterious character named Ryang Eum.

First, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae are described as two people who miss and love each other dearly. On the other hand, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon, and Kyung Eun Ae are intertwined in a complicated relationship. Nam Yeon Joon is Yoo Gil Chae’s first love, but he is engaged to her best friend, Kyung Eun Ae. The three grew up together in the same village, and one day, Lee Jang Hyun suddenly appears in their lives, threatening to disrupt their relationship.

The chart also introduces the handsome Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo), Joseon’s greatest pansori singer, who is close friends with Lee Jang Hyun despite being of a different social status. Additionally, gangsters Yang Chun (Choi Moo Sung) and Goo Jam (Park Gang Sub) are listed as Jang Hyun’s people, heightening anticipation as to how they will help Lee Jang Hyun amidst the maelstrom of war.

Lee Jang Hyun also appears to have connections to both the royal family of Joseon and people of the Qing dynasty: the chart links him to King Injo (Kim Jong Tae), crown prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon), eunuch Pyo Eon Gyum (Yang Hyun Min), Qing emperor Hong Taiji (Kim Joon Won), and Qing military officer Yong Gol Dae (Choi Young Woo). The unexpected links raise the question of how Lee Jang Hyun is connected to emperor Hong Taiji and a Qing military officer.

Also depicted on the relationship chart are characters around Yoo Gil Chae, including her maid Jong Jong Yi (Park Jung Yeon), Kyung Eun Ae’s maid Bang Doo Ne (Kwon So Hyun), and military officer Goo Won Moo (Ji Seung Hyun).

my-dearest-relationship-chart.jpg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “Our drama focuses on the romantic relationships between lovers and the resilience of the people during a time of war. In addition to the characters of Lee Jang Hyun, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon, and Kyung Eun Ae, who are entangled by love, the drama also features many other characters in various positions and circumstances. If you pay close attention to how each of them will behave and how their relationships will change during the trials of war, you will be able to gain a more profound appreciation for ‘My Dearest.’

We are also confident in the acting abilities of each actor. Please give ‘My Dearest’ lots of interest and anticipation.”

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602678wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-drama-my-dearest-unveils-character-relationship-chart

Spoiler

Namgoong Min Dishes On His New Romance Drama “My Dearest” + Why He’s Personally Looking Forward To It

Namgoong Min Dishes On His New Romance Drama “My Dearest” + Why He’s Personally Looking Forward To It

Namgoong Min has shared his thoughts on his upcoming MBC drama “My Dearest”!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Explaining why he had decided to star in “My Dearest,” Namgoong Min shared, “Every time I pick a new project, I’ve always chosen my projects based on the initial feeling I get when I read the script for the first time without any prior information.

When I first received the script for ‘My Dearest,’ the only thing I knew about the drama before reading it was that director Kim Sung Yong would be directing it. But I read the script, and it was so much fun.”

“Even though there were unfamiliar words and phrases that we don’t often use in everyday life, since it’s a historical drama, the script was still a really easy read, and I read it all in one sitting,” continued Namgoong Min. “I think I was also able to immediately envision how director Kim Sung Yong would film it. I found those aspects of it immensely appealing. Above all else, I thought that if I did ‘My Dearest,’ I would have a great time filming it, which won me over.”

Namgoong-Min-5.jpeg

As filming for “My Dearest” began in winter 2022 and has now stretched through spring and summer 2023, the cast and crew have already been working together for three seasons of the year.

When asked what viewers should keep an eye on as they watch “My Dearest,” Namgoong Min replied, “Because we paid a lot of attention to historical accuracy while filming, we made a lot of efforts to showcase the details of our costumes and styling. Also, because the drama portrays wartime, many people did their utmost and worked their hardest to make the intermittent action scenes dynamic and realistic. I hope that the viewers will keep a close eye on these elements.”

Namgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

Finally, Namgoong Min concluded up by addressing viewers directly, noting, “It’s my first time in a long while greeting you all through a historical drama.”

“Even as an actor who filmed the drama myself, I’m personally really looking forward to this drama,” he went on to share. “In particular, we traveled to lots of different places in the countryside and captured many beautiful spots in our country, so I think we’ll be able to show you lots of beautiful imagery. There are elements that people of any age will enjoy scattered throughout the drama, so please make sure to tune in.”

Namgoong-Min-3-1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602961wpp/namgoong-min-dishes-on-his-new-romance-drama-my-dearest-why-hes-personally-looking-forward-to-it

Spoiler

Ahn Eun Jin Dishes On Her Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Dishes On Her Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin has talked about why she chose to star in “My Dearest,” working with Namgoong Min, and more!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Ahn Eun Jin plays the role of Yoo Gil Chae, the daughter of a noble family, who reigns as a socialite goddess with her beauty and charm. Initially, Yoo Gil Chae tends to be a bit conceited. However, after suffering through wartime and falling in love with one man, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

On why she chose to appear in “My Dearest,” Ahn Eun Jin explained, “There was no reason for me not to appear in the drama. When I read the script, I immediately envisioned the spectacular setting and events. Also, looking at Gil Chae’s story of growth, I felt that she was a character that, as an actress, I really wanted to try playing. Just as Gil Chae grows through various events in the drama, I thought that ‘My Dearest’ would be an opportunity for me to grow even more as an actress.”

She continued, “Above all, I was really looking forward to working with director Kim Sung Yong, who has continued to believe in me. The same goes for working with Namgoong Min, who always looks at the big picture but still manages to capture the little details in the moment. Looking back on it, ‘My Dearest’ is a precious work that I really wanted to challenge myself with, and I’m glad I did.”

ahn-eun-jin-3-1.jpeg

Ahn Eun Jin went on to share, “I’m sure that once you start watching [‘My Dearest’], you won’t be able to stop. I think viewers will definitely be captivated by the fast-paced plot and spectacular scenes. And the love, longing, friendship, and family love that blossom within the drama will touch the hearts of viewers of all ages.”

She continued, “The entire cast and crew have been preparing and working hard on the set since last winter. Even from just catching a few glimpses, I could see how amazing the drama was, and I realized, ‘I’m part of something really cool, and I just have to do a good job.'”

Addressing viewers awaiting the premiere of “My Dearest,” Ahn Eun Jin remarked, “It’s a drama that everyone has worked hard to create. Now we’re ready to show it to you. I hope you will all get immersed in the story of lovers who long for one another amidst the Qing invasion of Joseon. Please look forward to it.”

ahn-eun-jin-6.jpeg

ahn-eun-jin-2-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603122wpp/ahn-eun-jin-dishes-on-her-upcoming-drama-my-dearest

by Hazel Jung, July 27, 2023
6 0

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest premiered on August 4th. It is a human history melodrama that depicts the love of separated lovers and the people's resilience amid the devastation of the Korean War. The drama brings together talented actors such as Namkoong Min (playing the role of Lee Jang Hyun), Ahn Eun Jin (playing Yoo Gil Chae), Lee Hak Joo (playing Nam Yeon Jun), and Lee Da In (playing Kyung Eun Ae), as well as a trustworthy production team, heralding the birth of a grand-scale historical drama following MBC's prestigious sageuk tradition.

QJ0BQv_2f.jpg

Lee Da In takes on the role of Kyung Eun Ae, Nam Yeon Jun's fiancee and Yoo Gil Chae's closest friend. Kyung Eun Ae is a wise and compassionate woman who always sees the brighter side of the world. Despite the turmoil of war, she remains resolute and firm. From the first winter shoot in 2022 to spring and summer shoots in 2023, Lee Da In has been with My Dearest for three seasons. Let's learn more about the drama, her character Kyung Eun Ae, and her efforts to portray the role.

rN23n2_2f.jpg

"I couldn't stop reading the well-crafted script of My Dearest"

When asked why she decided to join My Dearest, Lee Da In immediately mentioned the script. She said, "First, I remember getting lost in the well-crafted script while reading it. As I read more, I became increasingly excited and thrilled. The thought of becoming a part of this work captivated my heart."

Warm yet resilient character Kyung Eun Ae: "I put effort to show her not just as a dark character"

Regarding her role as Kyung Eun Ae, Lee Da In explained, "She is always compassionate, kind, and warm-hearted, but internally, she is a strong character. As a wise woman, she always maintains composure, but she also has unexpected and adorable aspects that may attract viewers with a different charm amidst the war."

Portraying Kyung Eun Ae, a character with warmth, cuteness, resilience, and unpredictability, required a lot of contemplation from Lee Da In. She said, "Kyung Eun Ae maintains her calm demeanor, but to avoid appearing too bright or overly dark, I paid great attention to expressing her subtle and composed personality while highlighting her warm and calm nature."

"I was thrilled while reading the love scenes of Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin in the script"

When asked about the highlights of My Dearest, Lee Da In said, "Personally, while reading the script, I was thrilled by the scenes between Gil Chae and Jang Hyun. The two actors' performances in those scenes were delightful, just as I had expected and imagined, making me look forward to how they will be portrayed on screen." She added, "The growth of the women as they face the hardships of war and evacuation is also an important point to watch."

0wB8JO_2f.jpg

Moreover, she encouraged viewers to tune in to My Dearest by praising the solid script, beautiful cinematography, and the stellar performances of the reliable actors. With her deep love and passion for the drama, Lee Da In's appearance in My Dearest is highly anticipated. MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest will premiere on August 4th at 9:50 PM KST.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-da-in-showed-special-fondness-for-my-dearest

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 25, 2023
18 4

On July 25, the production team of the upcoming MBC drama My Dearest released the character poster featuring Ahn Eun Jin.

Set in Joseon during the Qing invasion, My Dearest tells the story of a noblewoman and a mysterious man. 

Ahn Eun Jin takes on the role of Yoo Gil Chae, a young lady from a respected family, who gets entangled with Lee Jang Hyun (Namkoong Min).

The released character poster portrays Yoo Gil Chae, against the backdrop of a winter day with snowflakes falling from the sky, exuding purity and innocence. Fluffy blue earmuffs adorn her, and her radiant eyes add to her charm, making her resemble Snow White. 

kA7d4k_2f.png

The production team of  My Dearest expressed, "Ahn Eun Jin's portrayal of Yoo Gil Chae brings the most dramatic transformation in our drama", and they are confident that her versatile acting skills will shine through. They believe  My Dearest will mark a significant milestone in Ahn Eun Jin's acting career.

My Dearest is scheduled to premiere on August 4th.

https://mydramalist.com/article/ahn-eun-jin-is-a-real-life-snow-white-in-the-poster-of-my-dearest

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, July 24, 2023

wJA2z1_2f.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest (directed by Kim Sung Yong and written by Hwang Jin Young), which will premiere on August 4th, is a historical melodrama that deals with the love of a couple torn apart during the Donghak Peasant Revolution and the vitality of the people. After ten years, Namkoong Min's return to the historical genre and his first serious melodrama have been the center of attention.

4eoDjK_2f.jpg

Regarding his decision to appear in My Dearest, Namkoong Min recalled, "I have always chosen projects based on my initial impression when reading the script without any prior information. When I first received the script for My Dearest, I only knew that Director Kim Sung Yong would be in charge of directing. But as I read the script, I found it incredibly enjoyable."

E57DWp_2f.jpg

He continued, "Despite the unfamiliar words and sentences not commonly used in everyday life, I could read through them smoothly. At the same time, I naturally envisioned how Director Kim Sung Yong would handle the direction. These factors greatly appealed to me. Above all, the thought of being able to film My Dearest with excitement captured my heart."

Spoiler

d0zoDW_2f.jpg

When asked about the highlights of My Dearest, Namkoong Min mentioned, "We paid great attention to historical accuracy during filming, putting in a lot of effort to show detailed makeup and costumes. Moreover, since the story involves war, we worked closely with many people to present the action scenes with liveliness and realism. I hope the viewers will enjoy watching it."

Spoiler

1w4gWy_2f.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, And Kim Yoon Woo Wish For The Safety Of Their Loved Ones In “My Dearest” Posters

Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, And Kim Yoon Woo Wish For The Safety Of Their Loved Ones In “My Dearest” Posters

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has unveiled new posters of the supporting cast!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Following the release of Namgoong Min’s and Ahn Eun Jin’s character posters, MBC released more posters featuring Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, and Kim Yoon Woo.

In the first image below, Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo) in battledress that is far from his usual scholar costume is gazing at someone with teary eyes. The text that reads, “I will die for the king’s life,” makes viewers curious to find out how the war will turn upright scholar Yeon Joon’s life upside down.

lee-hak-joo-00.jpeg

On the other hand, Kyung Eun Ae (Lee Da In) is wearing a beautiful hanbok (Korean traditional clothing) while looking somewhere with a worried face. The text that reads, “From today until the end, I am your woman,” gives a hint that the person Eun Ae is anxiously waiting for is her husband Nam Yeon Joon.

lee-da-in-3.jpeg

Finally, the character poster of Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) captures viewers’ attention. Ryang Eum is Joseon’s greatest pansori (Korean genre of musical storytelling) singer who is close friends with Lee Jang Hyun despite being of a different social status. The text that reads, “You don’t belong anywhere, but me… I belong to you,” adds to viewers’ curiosity about who the person is that is deeply rooted in his heart.

kim-yoon-woo.jpeg

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Watch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603580wpp/lee-hak-joo-lee-da-in-and-kim-yoon-woo-wish-for-the-safety-of-their-loved-ones-in-my-dearest-posters

• Like 1

Falling in love with My Dearest’s Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun-jin

by tccolb

Stirring our hearts with another scenic teaser and posters for MBC’s My Dearest, the newest promos take us to the calm before the storm when love first sparked between our fated pair: Namgoong Min (One Dollar Lawyer) and Ahn Eun-jin (The Good Bad Mother).

The saguek melo starts in early 1600s Joseon, when the dark threat of the Qing Invasion was looming ahead in the near future. Our mysterious hero Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong Min) had just moved into town and he inquires with interest, “That woman who lives in this village, who is she?”

She, of course, is our playful and flirty Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) and she wastes no time asking if Jang-hyun has fallen for her. Jang-hyun can’t help but grin and he asks to spend some time with her out on the island. But Gil-chae rejects him, declaring that she’s waiting for destiny to bring her soulmate and that she’s going to marry the most impressive man.

In the sequence, we watch as their bantering relationship grows and Jang-hyun acts aloof, saying, “I decided long ago that I would live single and never marry.” When Gil-chae scoffs in response, Jang-hyun teases her, asking if she likes him.

Gil-chae replies honestly that, “What I want is to share an unwavering love with an unwavering person.” But she’s taken aback when Jang-hyun grows serious, asking, “Is that what you want?” We then end the trailer as Jang-hyun resumes his playful tone, telling Gil-chae she should come to him.

With writing by Hwang Jin-young (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People) and directing helmed collaboratively by PD Kim Sung-yong (The Veil) and PD Chun Soo-jin, MBC’s My Dearest is slated to premiere on August 4 in the weekend slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/falling-in-love-with-my-dearests-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin/