[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

20231122085604_ahn-eun-jin-namgoong-min-Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s “My Dearest” Sweeps 5 Wins At 2023 Grimae Awards

Nov 22, 2023
by S. Nam

My Dearest” is already receiving recognition with five new awards at the Grimae Awards!

The 2023 Grimae Awards took place on November 22. Created in 1993 by the Korean Directors of Photography Society (KDPS), the Grimae Awards recognizes film directors who have pursued excellent and experimental cinematography in projects produced by each broadcasting company over the past year and actors who showed great performances as voted by directors.

The Grand Prize went to “My Dearest,” which recently concluded after achieving its personal best rating of 12.9 percent.

ahn-eun-jin-namgoong-min-xpn-3.jpeg

The Best Actor award went to Namgoong Min for his performance in “My Dearest” while his co-star Ahn Eun Jin snagged the Best Actress award.

Namgoong Min thanked the production team, sharing, “I think it’s been around 24 years since I’ve been standing in front of the camera. As time passes, I really feel the importance of the filming and lighting directors.” He added, “‘My Dearest’ was able to succeed due to the directors,” conveying his respect and gratitude for the directors and staff.

namgoong-min-xpn-.jpeg

Spoiler

namgoong-min-xpn-2.jpeg

Ahn Eun Jin shared, “Before starting [to film] ‘My Dearest,’ it was a very difficult project I had a lot of concerns about. However, when I arrived on set, that all became resolved. I filmed while relying on the directors as well as all the staff on set.” The actress also expressed her gratitude for her co-star Namgoong Min.

Spoiler

ahn-eun-jin-xpn-2.jpeg

ahn-eun-jin-xpn-2-.jpeg

Additionally, directors Kim Jung Yong, Cheon Soo Jin, and Lee Han Joon won the Directing Award, and director Kwon Min Goo won the Lighting Award.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “My Dearest”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627905wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-my-dearest-sweeps-5-wins-at-2023-grimae-awards

• Like 1

5 Relationships That Came To A Close In Episodes 20-21 Of “My Dearest”

Nov 23, 2023
by shalini

We’re here! We’ve made it to the end! But did everyone else? “My Dearest” said farewell with an explosive finale, giving us blood, war, and more tears than ever thought possible. This show has been a stunning ode to love in a time of horrific political strife, while illuminating how the very people tasked with protecting civilians often treat them as puppets just because they can. So who’s standing? Who’s buried in the earth? Read on to find out!

Warning: mentions of sexual assault, suicide, and spoilers for episodes 20-21 below.

1. Gak Hwa and Jang Hyun

As predicted, King Injo’s (Kim Jong Tae’s) paranoia persists to the extreme. Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon) is dead, but the king hasn’t stopped believing that everyone associated with his son is plotting to take his throne. He has every interpreter who served the crown prince murdered and discovers that Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) was not only the prince’s closest aide but also oversaw the escapees’ return to Joseon. Jang Hyun is blindsided by the prince’s sudden death and is arrested. And it’s the women who come to his rescue.

lee-chung-ah-4.jpg

There’s no love lost between Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) and Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah), but both are prepared to put aside all differences if it means saving Jang Hyun. Gil Chae begs her to save him, and Gak Hwa immediately sends word to King Injo that the Qing will only communicate through Jang Hyun. The king can’t kill Jang Hyun as planned and is forced to sit through a round of questioning by Gak Hwa who notes that the king killed his son’s wife on suspicion of treason but without any proof. This lets the king know that the Qing suspect his hand in his son’s and daughter-in-law’s deaths. That threat allows the Qing to keep the king in check, and Gak Hwa even helps the escapees return to Joseon. It’s so sad because now, the Qing are doing more for the people of Joseon than their own king. Gak Hwa orders Jang Hyun to return with her and keep his promise. But he gently says that he can’t.

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, November 23, 2023
7 3

On November 22, the Grimae Awards 2023 ceremony was held in Seoul. 

Actors Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin led JTBC drama My Dearest — which received immense acclaim for its story, direction, and performances — swept five awards at the 2023 Grimae Awards.

Both the coveted Best Actor and Best Actress awards were claimed by Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, respectively. Furthermore, My Dearest clinched the Grand Prize and accolades for Best Direction (Kim Sung Yong, Cheon Soo Jin, Lee Han Joon) and Best Lighting (Cho Min Gu).

Actor Namkoong Min commented, "I came here much more happy than any other awards ceremonies. I came with such joy and a light heart. Although it's me receiving this award, the staff and lighting in front of me are the main characters." 

He added, "I've been in front of the camera for about 24 years now, and as time goes by, I really feel the importance of the filming and lighting directors. He also said, "The success of My Dearest is due to the directors. I respect them so much, and it was not me who made My Dearest but the staff and the direction."

d0d0Q5_2f.png

Ahn Eun Jin also expressed her gratitude, saying, "I was wondering what to say, but sunbae (senior) conveyed my feelings that I filmed with the same gratitude so well." She continued, "Thanks to sunbae Namkoong Min, I was able to perform well. I think I'll remember all the ups and downs of this past year for a long time. Thank you so much for loving My Dearest."

kAJA38_2f.png

The Grimae Award is presented by the Korean Television Producers Association (KTPA) to honor the contribution of cinematographers. The directors of the films vote for the performers who have given the best performances in the actor and actress categories.

https://mydramalist.com/article/namkoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-s-my-dearest-bags-5-wins-at-grimae-awards-2023

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[2023 Year in Review] Bean of Greatness

by DB Staff

We’re bringing back our Bean series this year! Because sometimes you just need to wax poetic about which dramas you’re giving your beans to, and why. After all, summing up, sorting out, and making blanket pronouncements is what the 2023 Year in Review is all about.

Not to be confused with the famous Editors’ Picks, this bean series is much like our other DB team posts — each writer sharing their feels. Add your own personal Bean of Greatness in the comments and join the fun!

alathe: This one was a tough call, but when it comes to sheer greatness and ambition, I must bestow this Bean of Greatness upon the absolute whirlwind of a drama that was My Dearest. This series had spectacle, scope, and an unerring capacity to reduce me to tears. Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun-jin were an electrifying combination: I could gladly watch them emote at each other for hours on end, and delight in every micro-expression. But more than that, this series gave us staggeringly beautiful set pieces every week. Remember Gil-chae on the mountainside, begging for Jang-hyun to still be alive? Jang-hyun facing his doom on the beach, and crying for the sound of a flower? Granted, Part 2 lost its way a bit, but it still gave us top-notch, creepy-gorgeous moments like our heroine clinging to our hero atop a pile of corpses. This show was a wild ride, and whilst it had its flaws and frustrations, it was also truly memorable.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/2023-year-in-review-bean-of-greatness/

• 2 weeks later...
by Lily Alice, December 18, 2023
2 3

The 2023 MBC Drama Awards, scheduled to take place on December 30, is an annual event that honors the dramas and actors in recognition of their hard work and talent.

MBC K-dramas of 2023 brought many couples, from those struggling to keep their relationships in turbulent times of the Joseon era to those bound by destiny.  

All eyes are on the leading contenders for the coveted Best Couple Award.

pdvmVB_2f.png

Also in competition are Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin from My Dearest, a couple that weathered the storms of war and adversity. The actors' heartfelt performances struck a chord with many. 

With such strong contenders vying for the Best Couple Award, it sure will be a cut-throat competition. 

The voting for the Best Couple award will be conducted from 10 a.m. on December 18 (Monday) until midnight on December 25 (Monday) through the official 2023 MBC Drama Awards website and Naver Entertainment.

The 2023 MBC Drama Awards will air on December 30 at 8:40 p.m.

https://mydramalist.com/article/mbc-drama-couples-compete-for-best-couple-award-at-2023-mbc-drama-awards

2023 MBC Drama Awards Unveils Nominees For Best Couple Award

Dec 18, 2023
by S. Nam

mbc-best-couple.jpg

2023 MBC Drama Awards has revealed the nominees for the Best Couple award!

On December 18, MBC announced this year’s nominees for the 2023 MBC Drama Awards, which will be taking place on December 30.

The nominees include Woo Do Hwan and WJSN’s Bona, who captivated viewers with their sweet romance in “Joseon Attorney,” Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, who portrayed tender love in “My Dearest,” ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Park Gyu Young, who play a couple that heals each other’s wounded hearts through love in “A Good Day to Be a Dog,” and Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk, who are showcasing great chemistry in “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract.”

The 2023 MBC Drama Awards will air on December 30 and be hosted by Park Gyu Young and Kim Sung Joo. Voting will take place until December 25 at 12 a.m. KST through the 2023 MBC Drama Awards official website and Naver Poll.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632314wpp/2023-mbc-drama-awards-unveils-nominees-for-best-couple-award

Waiting for the conclusions. I regretted anyway about the values of old times, how a woman was rejected and pushed to kill herself after being kidnapped by Qing. How stupid and arrogant were men about their own weakness for not being able to protect their women. 

• 2 weeks later...

2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Lovers> Ahn Eun-jin, broadcast on MBC 231230

[Photo] ‘MBC Drama Awards’ Lee Chung-ah, charismatic black dress Lee Cheong-ah attended the '2023 MBC Drama Awards'. Lee Cheong-ah left a strong impression through 'Lovers' at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' photo wall event held at Sangam MBC on the 30th..

https://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=513671

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Lovers> Namgoong Min, broadcast on MBC 231230

I know Namgoong Min will win Daesang this year. :lol:

• Like 1

2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Lovers> Kim Jong-tae & Lee Hak-ju, broadcast on MBC 231230

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Lovers> Kim Moo-jun & Jeon Hye-won, broadcast on MBC 231230

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Lovers> Kim Yun-woo & Choi Young-woo, broadcast on MBC 231230

Spoiler

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Lovers> Park Jeong-yeon & Park Kang-seop, broadcast on MBC 231230

Actors Park Jeong-yeon and Park Kang-seop are posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

Spoiler

2023123020381440729_1.jpg

https://news.mt.co.kr/photonews/photovod_view.html?no=202312302049168788&cate=

Who will be honored at the ‘2023 MBC Drama Awards’?

2023123020363911873_1.jpg

Actress Ahn Eun-jin is posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

2023123020400184440_1.jpg

Actress Lee Cheong-ah is posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

Spoiler

2023123020424130076_1.jpg

Actors Kim Jong-tae and Lee Hak-joo are posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

2023123020261483804_1.jpg

2023123020251083425_1.jpg

Actors Kim Yun-woo and Choi Young-woo are posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

• Like 1

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Lovers ‘Kim Moo-jun & Kim Yun-woo’ win the Best New Actor Award!, MBC 231230 broadcast

'Lovers' Kim Moo Joon X Kim Yoon Woo Share Male Newcomer Award "Glory" [2023 MBC Acting Awards]

image_readtop_2023_994921_17039376035773

'Lovers' swept the male rookie award.

The 'MBC Acting Awards' will be held on the 30th at 8.40pm at the MBC New Building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. This year's drama stars will be in attendance, with hosts Kim Sung Joo and Park Kyu Young.

The best new actor award went to Kim Moo Joon for his role as So Hyun Seja in "Lover" and Kim Yoon Woo for his role as Liang Yin.

Kim Moo Joon said, "Thank you for giving me such an honourable award. "I am grateful that I was able to receive such a glorious award at the end of the year, even though this year was filled with my work on 'Lovers,'" said Kim. "I would also like to thank the director, the writer, all the staff, and all the colleagues involved," he added. "My family, be happy. I love you. Thank you," he added.

Kim Yoon-woo added, "All of our team members worked hard. I would like to thank Nam Goong-min, Ahn Eun-jin, and Lee Cheong-ah, who have always helped me a lot in the field," he said.
"I hope we can finish 2023 with a warm atmosphere. I wish you all the best for 2024. Thank you."

This year, MBC aired a number of dramas, starting with "Season of the Puppet," followed by "Number: Watchmen of the Building Forest," "Joseon Lawyer," "Lover," "Contract Wedding of Ms. Ten," "Witch's Game," "Heavenly Ties," and "I Love You Today.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994921/

Park Jung-yeon and Joo Hyun-young, Rookie of the Year,  [2023 MBC Acting Awards]

Spoiler

image_readtop_2023_994925_17039380815773

The ‘MBC Drama Awards’ will be held at the MBC new building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul at 8:40 pm on the 30th. While the main characters of this year's drama are all present, Kim Seong-ju and Park Gyu-young will be in charge of hosting the show. On this day, the Best New Actress Award went to Park Jeong-yeon, who played the role of Jong-jong-i in ‘Lovers’, and Joo Hyun-young, who played the role of Sawol-i in ‘The Fierce Woman Park’s Contract Marriage’.

Park Jeong-yeon said, “I wanted to say thank you for always being courageous. “I was grateful to be able to meet him often,” she said. “I learned a lot from watching the seniors who were with the evacuation crew and ‘Lovers.’ She promised herself every moment (looking at her seniors) that she should become a good senior and person. “As a New Year’s wish for 2023, I prayed that I would have the strength to stand up, and I was able to learn that strength by meeting good seniors,” she said.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994925

Spoiler

‘Lovers’ Kim Yun-woo, Kim Moo-jun, Park Jeong-yeon, ‘Veight Lady Park’ Joo Hyun-young… Won the MBC Drama Awards Rookie Award [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

news-p.v1.20231230.f16983b7a87f4a9b91c02

news-p.v1.20231230.74ff1a01c4cb4fd693030

On this day, ‘Lovers’ Kim Moo-jun and Kim Yun-woo received the Male Rookie Award. Kim Moo-jun, who played the role of Crown Prince Sohyeon, first left his acceptance speech, saying, “Thank you for giving me this glorious award. This year was filled with a work called ‘Lovers’. “I am grateful to be able to receive this award at the end of the year,” he said, adding, “I am grateful to PD Kim Seong-yong, writer Hwang Jin-young, the production crew, and my colleagues,” and also expressed gratitude to his family. Kim Yun-woo said, “This is Kim Yun-woo, who greeted me with Liang-eum in ‘Lovers.’ As Mu-jun said first, the drama production staff worked hard and I would like to say thank you to everyone,” he said, adding, “I hope next year will be a warm year for everyone.” The female newcomer award, which was subsequently announced, went to Park Jeong-yeon of ‘Lovers’ and Joo Hyun-young of ‘Veolent Woman Park’s Contract Marriage’. Park Jeong-yeon, who played the role of Jong-jong Lee in ‘Lovers,’ said, “I am really grateful. First of all, I would like to say thank you to PD Kim Seong-yong for always giving me courage. “I am grateful to writer Hwang Jin-young for letting me take on this role,” she said. “I want to become an actor like my seniors who worked with me on ‘Lovers.’ “I said I would become an actor who can stand on my own feet in 2023, and I think I’ve been able to do that,” he said.

https://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1385301

[2023 MBC Acting Awards] Lover 'Park Jung-yeon' & Contract Marriage 'Joo Hyun-young' Wins Female Newcomer Award!, MBC 231230 broadcast

• Like 1

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Lover ‘Choi Young-woo’ wins Best Supporting Actor Award!

‘Lovers’ Choi Young-woo wins Best Supporting Actor Award “20 years of sincerity in return” [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

image_readtop_2023_994930_17039386825773

Actor Choi Young-woo won the Supporting Actor Award for ‘Lovers’. The ‘MBC Drama Awards’ will be held at the MBC new building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul at 8:40 pm on the 30th. While the main characters of this year's drama are all present, Kim Seong-ju and Park Gyu-young will be in charge of hosting the show. When Choi Young-woo's name was called as the winner of the Supporting Actor Award, he jokingly said, "This is Choi Young-woo, a native Korean actor who played the role of Yonggoldae."

He continued, “There are so many people I am grateful to. “I am grateful to the loyal listeners who loved Lover,” he said, “including the writer and director who wrote it beautifully, as well as all the staff and fellow actors. “If I could, I would like to split this trophy and give it all away,” he added. He continued, “This year marks 20 years since I debuted as an actor. This is my first time attending an awards ceremony like this. “Thank you for giving me such a meaningful award,” he said. “My father and mother will be watching. He said he was sorry for not being good enough for me, but I think he tried to act more sincerely after seeing (his parents) lead a sincere life. “I want to say that I am truly grateful because I feel like it is a reward for my sincerity,” he said, expressing his gratitude with tears in his eyes. This year on MBC, starting with ‘Season of the Kokdu’, ‘Numbers: Watchers of the Building Forest’, ‘Joseon Lawyer’, ‘Lovers’, ‘Veolnyeo Park’s Contract Marriage’, ‘The Witch’s Game’, ‘Fate in Heaven’, Several works were aired, including ‘I’m Lovely Even Today’.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994930/

‘Lovers’ Kim Jong-tae “Injo, I don’t know how to get criticized this much… “I will become an actor who can run for a long time” [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

news-p.v1.20231230.b99ee67232484277b8137

Kim Jong-tae, who played the role of In-jo, who received a lot of criticism in the drama ‘Lovers’, received the Best Character Award.

The ‘2023 MBC Drama Awards’ was held at the MBC Media Center in Mapo-gu, Seoul on the 30th. The award ceremony was hosted by announcer-turned-broadcaster Kim Seong-joo and Park Gyu-young, the main character of MBC’s Wednesday drama ‘A Lovely Dog Today Too’.
The Best Character Award on this day went to Kim Jong-tae, who played Injo in ‘Lovers.’

Kim Jong-tae said, “Kim Jong-tae of the drama ‘Lovers’ that raised your blood pressure a lot.” He added, “I knew Injo would be criticized because he was a historically determined person, but I didn’t know he would be criticized to this extent. He left a humorous comment, saying, “Every time I received a script, I was afraid and chased after it.” He continued, “When I read the script, I empathize with the main characters, and I was very moved by looking at the people in the background of this work.” He added, “I like to run for a long time. “I will try to become an actor who can run at my own pace,” he said.

• Like 1

‘Lovers’ Namgoong Min and Ahn Eunjin, Best Couple Award “It was the most painful to receive” [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

image_readtop_2023_994936_17039398815773

‘Lovers’ couple Nam Goong Min and Ahn Eun Jin won the Best Couple Award. The ‘MBC Drama Awards’ will be held at the MBC new building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul at 8:40 pm on the 30th. While the main characters of this year's drama are all present, Kim Seong-ju and Park Gyu-young will be in charge of hosting the show. The Best Couple Award, which is decided by viewers' votes, is a barometer that allows you to see which couple thrilled viewers this year.

The candidates are Woo Do-hwan and Kim Ji-yeon, who showed the fresh romance between a young man and woman during the Joseon Dynasty with 'Joseon Lawyer', Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun-jin, who portrayed a heart-wrenching love story against the backdrop of the Manchu War, and Ahn Eun-jin, who showed a cute romance with 'I'm Lovely Dog Today'. The main characters are Cha Eun-woo and Park Gyu-young, and Lee Se-young and Bae In-hyuk, who have captured everything from comedy to thrillers in 'The Fierce Woman Park's Contract Marriage'.

As a result of viewers' voting, the Best Couple Award went to Jang Chae (Lee Jang-hyeon and Yoo Gil-chae) from 'Lovers', a couple who received a lot of love from viewers. The two received overwhelming support with 115,038 votes, or 72.2%.

Eunjin Ahn said, “I think the award she wanted to receive most while working on ‘Lovers’ was the Best Couple Award. The title is ‘Lovers’ and I had a great hope that the love story would be conveyed well. It was a coveted award, and I sincerely thank you for voting for me and allowing me to receive it. “Thank you to the writer who wrote it beautifully, the director who captured it beautifully, and all the staff,” she said.

She then said, “I would like to thank senior Namgung Jang-hyeon for looking at me with his loving eyes, from the naive Gil-chae to the growing Gil-chae. “Thanks to her, she was able to do well for a year,” she said, adding that she is also grateful to Namgoong Min. Namgoong Min said, “(Ahn Eun-jin) did a lovely job. She helped me a lot acting-wise. It seems like her acting was very well put together. “This award is given by netizens, so we are grateful to the many people who love us,” he said.

Eunjin Ahn and Namgoong Min jokingly said, “Goodbye to Gilchae and Janghyun so far.”

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994936/

Spoiler

BF.35447901.1.jpg

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/article/2023123025084

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Lovers ‘Nam Goong Min & Ahn Eun Jin’ win Best Couple Award!, MBC 231230 broadcast

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Lover ‘Kim Jong-tae’ wins Best Character Award!, MBC 231230 broadcast

(G)I-DLE Miyeon opens part 2 by singing the ‘Lovers’ OST [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

The second part of the ‘2023 MBC Drama Awards’ was opened with (G)I-DLE Miyeon’s ‘Lovers’ OST.

The Korean traditional music-style song that matched the atmosphere of ‘Lovers’ and the dress and headdress reminiscent of Hanbok attracted attention. On this day, ‘Lovers’ won two male rookie awards, one female rookie award, a male supporting actor award, and a best couple award in the first part, arousing interest in the second part.

https://news.nate.com/view/20231230n11020?mid=e1100

Ahn Eun-jin-Yi Se-young, Best Actress Joint Winner

https://thumbnews.nateimg.co.kr/view610///news.nateimg.co.kr/orgImg/hm/2023/12/30/202312302108417874750_20231230224139_01.jpg

Ahn Eun-jin said, "Around this time last year, while practicing the script with my friends, I thought, 'How can I escape?' Our writer created such a narrative, and when I saw the writing, it was so beautiful that I worried a lot about what I would do if I ruined it. I sent an SOS to the director. I think I was able to do it well because they trained me hard. And more than anything, I think I was able to act with the mindset of being safe on set, even though the staff would be watching. I miss the refuge crew so much and since they gathered at the end of the year, I hope they can get together at the beginning of the year. Namgoong Min sunbaenim. “Just as Gil-chae and Jang-hyeon experienced joy and sorrow, we felt the same way, so I think we gained very happy and grateful memories.” She smiled and said, "I want to continue to act well in the future. I think a lot about what kind of experience I will have and how I will show it. I will continue to act even when I get really old, so please do not get tired and look after me well. I am looking forward to the future and will become an actor who has fun acting."

https://news.nate.com/view/20231230n11651?mid=e1100

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Yeolnyeo Park's Contract Marriage 'Lee Se-young' & Lover 'Ahn Eun-jin' Win Best Actress (Miniseries) Female!,

Ahn Eun-jin, Best Actor Award “Gil-chae is here” [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

image_readtop_2023_994973_17039439025773

When Ahn Eun-jin was called the winner of her Best Acting Award, she jokingly began her remarks by saying, “Gil-chae is here.”

She continued, “Around this time last year, she was practicing the script hard with her friends and thinking a lot about how she could escape,” adding, “The writer who created this narrative and world. When I saw the article, it was so beautiful that I wondered what if I ruined it. “I sent an SOS to the director, and he made me practice hard, so I was able to do well,” ahe added. Eunjin Ahn also said, “Our (Namgoong Min) senior. Just as Gil-chae and Jang-hyeon experienced joy and sorrow, we felt the same way, so it seems like it remains a happy memory. “I feel like I gained a lot of strength,” ahe said, expressing her gratitude.

She continued, “Around this time last year, she was practicing the script hard with her friends and thinking a lot about how she could escape,” adding, “The writer who created this narrative and world. When I saw the article, it was so beautiful that I wondered what if I ruined it. “I sent an SOS to the director, and he made me practice hard, so I was able to do well,” she added. Eunjin Ahn also said, “Our (Namgoong Min) senior. Just as Gil-chae and Jang-hyeon experienced joy and sorrow, we felt the same way, so it seems like it remains a happy memory. “I feel like I gained a lot of strength,” she said, expressing her gratitude.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994973/

• Like 1

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Lover wins ‘Drama of the Year Award’!

‘Lovers’, there were no surprises… Drama of the Year Award “Thank you to my soul partner Namgoong Min” [2023 MBC Drama Awards]

https://thumbnews.nateimg.co.kr/view610///news.nateimg.co.kr/orgImg/sp/2023/12/30/news-p.v1.20231230.16c03fefec3344b9ae832a01368ac537_P1.jpg

Producer Kim Seong-yong of ‘Lovers’. photos | 2023 MBC Drama Awards capture [Sports Seoul | [Reporter Yuda] The drama ‘Lovers’ won the Drama of the Year Award at the ‘2023 MBC Drama Awards’.

Producer Kim Seong-yong of ‘Lovers’. photos | 2023 MBC Drama Awards capture [Sports Seoul | [Reporter Yuda] The drama ‘Lovers’ won the Drama of the Year Award at the ‘2023 MBC Drama Awards’.

https://news.nate.com/view/20231230n11704

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] Lover ‘Namgoong Min’ wins the grand prize!, MBC 231230 broadcast

20231230230847_1969338_1200_1356.jpg

https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/2316785

• Like 1

MBC Acting Awards: Nam Goong Min wins 9th award for 'Lover'

01.35448166.1.jpg

This year's MBC Drama Awards trophy went to Namgoong Min without any surprise. Actor Namgoong Min was named as the grand prize winner at the 2023 MBC Drama Awards held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the 20th. Namgoong Min led ‘Lovers’, MBC’s biggest hit this year.

Namgoong Min said, "I'm perfectly prepared for acting, but I can't speak," and "I will say what I want to say as a human Namgoong Min," and mentioned the people he is thankful for.

Namgoong Min said, “After a crazy busy schedule, I was absentmindedly watching TV and the question ‘What is happiness for me?’ suddenly came to my mind. I asked myself if I was happy right now and what made me happy. I slept well, read the script enough, and met the director. “I think I was happy when I heard the ‘Q’ sign,” he said, recalling the moments they worked together on.

Also, regarding PD Kim Seong-yong, who worked on 'Black Sun' before 'Lovers', he made people laugh by publicly sending him a love call, saying, "I recently saw an interview article saying, 'I'm sick of Namgoong Min,' and I still want to do another project." .He then foreshadowed his future activities, saying, “I will always do my best and learn to work hard.”

'Lovers' swept all trophies, including the Rookie of the Year award. Starting with 'Lovers' Kim Moo-jun, Kim Yun-woo, and Park Jeong-yeon being named winners of the Rookie Award, winners were produced in each category. 'Lovers' won special awards such as the Best Couple Award and the Drama of the Year Award, and on this day, 'Lovers' alone received 9 trophies.

01.35448164.1.jpg

In particular, Choi Young-woo, who played the role of Yonggoldae, who received the supporting actor award 20 years after his acting debut in 'Lovers', introduced himself as "Choi Young-woo, a native Korean actor (not Manchurian)" and expressed his gratitude to everyone who acted with him and helped him with the work. “I want to split the trophy and hand it out,” he said.

Choi Young-woo said, “This is my first time in this kind of position in 20 years of acting, and I am grateful to receive such a meaningful award.” He added, “My parents always say, ‘I’m sorry I can’t do it,’ but I’ve acted until now because of my parents’ sincerity. “Thank you,” he said, touching his heart.

Choi Young-woo said, “This is my first time in this kind of position in 20 years of acting, and I am grateful to receive such a meaningful award.” He added, “My parents always say, ‘I’m sorry I can’t do it,’ but I’ve acted until now because of my parents’ sincerity. “Thank you,” he said, touching his heart.

01.35448167.1.jpg

Spoiler

01.35448165.1.jpg

The following is a list of MBC Drama Awards winners:

▲ Rookie Award ‘Lovers’ Kim Moo-jun ‘Lovers’ Kim Yun-woo ‘Lovers’ Park Jeong-yeon Joo Hyeon-yeong from ‘Park’s Contract Marriage’

▲ Supporting Actor Award ‘Lovers’ Choi Young-woo Cha Cheong-hwa, ‘Season of the Kokdu’

▲ Best Couple Award ‘Lovers’ Namgoong Min, Ahn Eunjin

▲ Best Character Award ‘Lovers’ Kim Jong-tae

▲ Excellence Award ‘Witch’s Game’ Lee Hyun-seok (daily drama) ‘A Destiny in Heaven’ Jeon Hye-yeon (daily drama) Bae In-hyuk (miniseries), ‘Valent Woman Park’s Contract Marriage’ ‘My Lovely Dog Today’ Park Gyu-young (miniseries)

▲ Best Acting Award ‘A Destiny in Heaven’ Kim Yu-seok (daily drama) ‘Witch’s Game’ Jang Seo-hee (daily drama) ‘Chosun Lawyer’ Woo Do-hwan (miniseries) Lee Se-young from ‘Park’s Contract Marriage’ ‘Lovers’ Ahn Eun-jin

▲ Drama of the Year Award ‘Lovers’ PD Kim Seong-yong

▲ Daesang ‘Lovers’ Namgoong Min

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

This is one of the BEST drama ever! Namkoong Min never disappoint!  I am so glad he won the Daesang and best couple award.  I hope he continues to win big award for his amazing performance.  Baesang - are you listening?? 

• Blob 1

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

• 3 weeks later...

[Sports Chosun Reporter Jo Min-jeong] It was revealed that the popular MBC drama 'Lovers' had a separate sad ending.

2024012501001727000238471.jpg

On the January25th, a large number of stories poured into the online community about the review of the book talk by Hwang Jin-young, author of MBC's 'Lovers' script collection, held the previous day.

The ending of the sad version of 'Lovers' released by writer Hwang on this day was planned to have Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) visiting Jang-hyeon (Namgoong Min), who has lost his memory. The setting was that every time Jang Hyeon retrieved his memories, he became closer to Neunggun Lee, who first met Gil Chae.

Jang-hyeon then leaves to find Gil-chae and arrives at Neunggun-ri. Gil-chae also arrives in search of Jang-hyeon and meets an old man in Neunggun-ri. The old man announces that Jang Hyeon has died and says that it is a pity that the person who devoted his life to the captured prisoners has died.

Then Gilchae lies down on Janghyeon's grave, and a light snow falls on top of her, covering Gilchae. However, Gil-chae, who believes that what Jang-hyeon wants is for her to live bravely, comes down the mountain path and encounters a vision of Jang-hyeon, and the story ends with a heart-rending conversation. As the sad ending version was revealed, netizens are showing various reactions. This clearly shows the popularity of ‘Lovers’, which has not waned even though it ended.
Fans of 'Lovers' expressed opinions such as "It's harsh to even imagine," "I only read it in writing, but my heart breaks," and "If it had been a sad ending, I wouldn't have seen the author."

The popular MBC drama 'Lovers' is a human history melodrama that deals with the love between lovers and the vitality of the people as they go through the Manchu War. The heartbreaking love story of Lee Jang-hyun and Yoo Gil-chae, who fall in a fateful love that even war could not prevent, has created a lot of buzz. Reporter Jo Min-jeong

• Like 1

• 1 month later...