[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

[Lovers Episode 15 Preview] “I missed you... your smiling face”

[Lovers pre-release] What is the result of the nursing battle between Gil-chae vs. Yang-eum and Jang-hyeon??

• Thanks 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15 (Part 2)! :).

“My Dearest” Is Most-Watched Program Of Friday As Ratings Continue To Rise

“My Dearest” Is Most-Watched Program Of Friday As Ratings Continue To Rise

MBC’s “My Dearest” shows no signs of slowing down!

On October 27, the hit historical romance drama climbed to Part 2’s highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “My Dearest” rose to an average nationwide rating of 11.8 percent, making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Friday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622650wpp/my-dearest-is-most-watched-program-of-friday-as-ratings-continue-to-rise

20231028042747_Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min-Ahn Eun Jin Turns Her Back On Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Oct 28, 2023
by E. Cha

What new obstacles will keep Ahn Eun Jin and Namgoong Min apart on the next episode of “My Dearest”?

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) put his life on the line to rescue Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), but he was wounded in the process. Unable to leave Lee Jang Hyun behind after he saved her life, Yoo Gil Chae decided to remain in Shenyang until he recovered, and she stayed by his side to nurse him back to health. Not wanting to part with Yoo Gil Chae just yet, Lee Jang Hyun pretended to be ill even after he’d already recovered so he could spend more time with her.

However, at the end of the latest episode, the star-crossed lovers’ blissful time together was interrupted by an unexpected ultimatum from Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). Consumed by jealousy, Gak Hwa threatened to put all the prisoners of war from Joseon in danger if Lee Jang Hyun did not send Yoo Gil Chae back to Joseon. Although the furious Lee Jang Hyun grabbed Gak Hwa by the throat and warned her not to lay a hand on Yoo Gil Chae, Gak Hwa seemed to have no intention of backing down from her threat.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun is visibly tormented by a dilemma as he sits alone at a table, lost in thought.

Namgoong-Min-7.jpeg

The next photo captures Yoo Gil Chae’s startled reaction to something Lee Jang Hyun has just told her. Then, in a final photo, Yoo Gil Chae turns and walks away from a melancholy Lee Jang Hyun, who seems unable to stop her.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-7.jpeg

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” revealed, “In Episode 16, there will be a huge change in the relationship between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae. Lee Jang Hyun has learned the true reason that Yoo Gil Chae let go of his hand [back in Joseon], and Yoo Gil Chae has seen Lee Jang Hyun risk his own life for her sake. With their feelings for each other having grown even stronger, the two of them wind up making an important decision for one another’s sake.”

To find out what fate has in store for the pair—and what choices they will make—tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on October 28 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622669wpp/ahn-eun-jin-turns-her-back-on-namgoong-min-in-my-dearest

‘Lovers’ Park Kang-seop succeeds in rescuing Jong-jong, but is in danger of breaking up again...Namgoong Min → Park Jeong-yeon plays chemistry fairy

PUT3WZXKPP4MC7BZRZXGYLPEDM.jpg

Actor Park Kang-seop is attracting attention for his passionate performance that goes back and forth between joy and sorrow in ‘Lovers.’

MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (planned by Hong Seok-woo, directed by Kim Seong-yong, Lee Han-jun, Cheon Su-jin, written by Hwang Jin-young) is a human history melodrama that deals with the love of lovers and the vitality of the people who go through the conflict during the Manchu War. Part 2 began airing on the 13th. Park Kang-seop is appearing as Gujam, Namgoong Min's confidant and reliable sworn brother.

In the last broadcast, Gujam (played by Park Kang-seop) separated from her owner, Gil-chae (played by Ahn Eun-jin), and set out to rescue Jong-yi (played by Park Jeong-yeon), who became a prisoner of the Blue Man alone. Although he has been telling Jang-hyeon (Namgoong Min) to forget about Gil-chae, who has been unable to forget her marriage to another man and is trying to turn away from the world, he has been telling her to forget about him, but he also takes risks to save Jong-chae, showing that he is a 'true lover'. .

The two people who managed to escape confirmed their feelings by overcoming difficulties together. In addition, he spent a peaceful time farming with prisoners who were anxiously waiting to return to Joseon, and painted a hopeful future. However, the Qing princess Gak-hwa (played by Lee Cheong-ah) takes the Korean prisoners hostage and urges Jang Hyeon to break up with her Gil-chae, putting her on the verge of another breakup. Park Kang-seop captured everyone's attention by perfectly expressing Gujam, which has become more intense over time, beyond Part 1, where Horan just broke out. Although he still has a cool-headed view of reality, sharp advice, and a lovely sense of playfulness, he is radiating his presence by portraying a three-dimensional character with a heavier appearance.

In addition, beyond the strong brotherly chemistry with fellow actors including Namgoong Min, who plays Jang Hyun, and Choi Moo-sung, who plays Yang Cheon, he also shows a heartbreaking romantic chemistry with Park Jeong-yeon, who plays Jang Jong-i, adding to the level of immersion in the work. As Park Kang-seop has filled the drama by setting the mood every time he appears, expectations are growing as to what kind of performance he will continue in Part 2 of ‘Lovers’, which has reached its turning point. Meanwhile, MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' starring Park Kang-seop airs every Friday and Saturday at 9:50 PM.

I like the love story between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae. Their longing, the hardship they faced that make their connection deeper but I like more that this drama showed the aftermath of war, the hardship of ordinary people, how hard was for everyone especially women in thopse times. I also like more the political aspect. I enjoy the discussions between Jang Hyun and the prince, the way Jang Hyun gave the prince something to think about, he did not sugar-coat anything. Also how Jang Hyun make deals with Qing officials.

On 10/22/2023 at 3:02 PM, larus said:

The conflict between Crown Prince Sohyeon and Injo also intensifies. There is a saying that history is a spoiler. In history, King Injo and Crown Prince Sohyeon had a huge conflict, and when Crown Prince Sohyeon died, King Injo persecuted his family.

I also like that this drama touch this aspect. It is heartbreaking to know the real history. I want to understand why King Injo persecuted Crown Prince and his family. From this drama I had a feeling that the kind was a weak man, physically and emotionally (he is full of insecurities). From the few scenes I saw so far between the king and Crown Prince, there was complicated feelings from the king towards his son. He showed that deep down he resent the Crown prince even before he sent him to the Qings. I want to understand why there was this huge conflict between them, I want to understand why the king wanted him dead after he returned to Korea from exile. I read that he wanted to modernize Korea by bringing in Catholicism and Western science and the king and the officials opposed.The king also thought that the prince wanted to dethrone him and take his place. I wonder how the drama will portray this moment. It was an accident, he was deliberatly killed.... I found this very interesting.

Spoiler

Ahn Eun Jin Turns Her Back On Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Turns Her Back On Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Oct 28, 2023
by E. Cha

What new obstacles will keep Ahn Eun Jin and Namgoong Min apart on the next episode of “My Dearest”?

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) put his life on the line to rescue Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), but he was wounded in the process. Unable to leave Lee Jang Hyun behind after he saved her life, Yoo Gil Chae decided to remain in Shenyang until he recovered, and she stayed by his side to nurse him back to health. Not wanting to part with Yoo Gil Chae just yet, Lee Jang Hyun pretended to be ill even after he’d already recovered so he could spend more time with her.

However, at the end of the latest episode, the star-crossed lovers’ blissful time together was interrupted by an unexpected ultimatum from Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). Consumed by jealousy, Gak Hwa threatened to put all the prisoners of war from Joseon in danger if Lee Jang Hyun did not send Yoo Gil Chae back to Joseon.

Although the furious Lee Jang Hyun grabbed Gak Hwa by the throat and warned her not to lay a hand on Yoo Gil Chae, Gak Hwa seemed to have no intention of backing down from her threat.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun is visibly tormented by a dilemma as he sits alone at a table, lost in thought.

Namgoong-Min-7.jpeg

The next photo captures Yoo Gil Chae’s startled reaction to something Lee Jang Hyun has just told her. Then, in a final photo, Yoo Gil Chae turns and walks away from a melancholy Lee Jang Hyun, who seems unable to stop her.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-7.jpegNamgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” revealed, “In Episode 16, there will be a huge change in the relationship between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae. Lee Jang Hyun has learned the true reason that Yoo Gil Chae let go of his hand [back in Joseon], and Yoo Gil Chae has seen Lee Jang Hyun risk his own life for her sake. With their feelings for each other having grown even stronger, the two of them wind up making an important decision for one another’s sake.”

To find out what fate has in store for the pair—and what choices they will make—tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on October 28 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622669wpp/ahn-eun-jin-turns-her-back-on-namgoong-min-in-my-dearest

The movie `The Owl` presented a version of that part of history, the mysterious death of Crown prince Sohyeon. As I said, I am curious how this drama will present the events. In the fictional drama, we already know from the first episode that Jang Hyun will be persecuted along with Crown Prince family, because he was closed with the prince.

Spoiler from real historical events:

In the real life, The king killed Prince Sohyeon`s wife too. The three young sons were banished to Jeju Island after the mother’s death. "The two older sons died shortly after. Instead of naming Crown Prince Sohyeon’s surviving son as the next crown prince, King Injo chose his own second son to succeed the throne. The crown princess’s mother and four brothers were also executed by beating. To this day, King Injo is regarded as a weak and unstable ruler, and is used as an example of a bad leader, often mentioned in the political scene."source

Why he killed everyone from the family? He could not faced the constant reminding of the Crown Prince Sohyeong`s family what he has done to his own son? Perhaps he felt threatened by the modernist ideas of his son but not doubt the king was a weak, insecure, selfish man. 

[FICTION VS. HISTORY] Mysterious death of Crown Prince Sohyeon reimagined in 'The Owl'

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2023/01/15/culture/koreanHeritage/korea-fiction-vs-history-the-owl/20230115173936928.html

by Lily Alice, October 28, 2023

MBC's My Dearest Part 2 achieved a nationwide rating of 11.8% for episode 15, an improvement of a whisker from its previous episode's viewership of 11.7%. The K-drama is halfway through its run, and by the looks of it, the remaining episodes will, most likely, achieve double-digit ratings. 

pdWjr8_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 16 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on October 28 (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-killing-vote-rises-in-ratings-my-dearest-part-2-goes-steady

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 (Part 2)! :).

“Castaway Diva” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “My Dearest” Part 2 Hits New All-Time High

“Castaway Diva” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “My Dearest” Part 2 Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, MBC’s “My Dearest” continued its upward trend, achieving Part 2’s highest viewership ratings yet. The latest episode of the historical romance scored an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622731wpp/castaway-diva-premieres-to-promising-ratings-my-dearest-part-2-hits-new-all-time-high

20231029180209_Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min-“My Dearest” And Its Stars Continue Reign Over Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

Oct 29, 2023
by E. Cha

Once again, MBC’s “My Dearest” swept the top spots on this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the second week in a row, Part 2 of the hit historical romance drama ranked No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to topping the list of most buzzworthy dramas, “My Dearest” continued to dominate the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members, where leads Ahn Eun Jin and Namgoong Min held onto their respective spots at No. 1 and No. 2. Lee Chung Ah also rose to No. 8 on this week’s list.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. MBC “My Dearest” Part 2
  2. JTBC “Strong Girl Namsoon”
  3. tvN “Twinkling Watermelon”
  4. SBS “The Escape of the Seven”
  5. tvN “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun”
  6. MBC “A Good Day to Be a Dog”
  7. ENA “The Kidnapping Day”
  8. tvN “Castaway Diva”
  9. ENA “Evilive”
  10. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Ahn Eun Jin (“My Dearest” Part 2) 
  2. Namgoong Min (“My Dearest” Part 2)
  3. Suzy (“Doona!”)
  4. Lee Yoo Mi (“Strong Girl Namsoon”)
  5. Kim Jung Eun (“Strong Girl Namsoon”)
  6. Yang Se Jong (“Doona!”)
  7. Kim Hae Sook (“Strong Girl Namsoon”)
  8. Lee Chung Ah (“My Dearest” Part 2)
  9. Ryeoun (“Twinkling Watermelon”)
  10. Choi Hyun Wook (“Twinkling Watermelon”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622930wpp/my-dearest-and-its-stars-continue-reign-over-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-2

MBC's My Dearest Part 2 scored a rating of 12%, rising from its previous episode's viewership of 11.8%. This is the drama's highest rating for Part 2. It is not far away from surpassing Part 1's highest viewership of 12.2%. 

1w0gjd_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 17 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on November 3 (Friday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-eun-bin-s-castaway-diva-gets-a-promising-start-strong-girl-namsoon-hits-low

My Dearest: Episodes 15-16

by alathe

Our hero lies wounded, with our heroine waiting ceaselessly by his side. She’s got a whole lot of medicine bowls and damp towels in her future. Still, perhaps when he gains consciousness, they’ll finally have the chance for an honest conversation. That said, they’re living on borrowed time — yet another political crisis looms large on the horizon…

EPISODES 15-16

Jang-hyun sleeps the sleep of the recently impaled, while Gil-chae keeps vigil, hoping for signs of life. She can’t quite resist doing something she’s wanted to do for literal years: reaching out and clasping his hand. As she drifts off, Jang-hyun stirs. He hides a small smile. Then, with Gil-chae resting by his bedside, he closes his eyes once more.

Meanwhile, Goo Jam has been every bit as relentless in pursuit of the woman he loves. He finds Jong Jong in a dire situation, fending off her new captor’s attempts at assault. Luckily, our hero brought a large bludgeoning weapon. One solid thunk later, he and Jong Jong make their escape as if in a dream, laughing all the while. But as the adrenaline fades, things get awkward. It’s not Jong Jong’s fault that she studied at the Gil-chae school of courtship. When Goo Jam goes in for a kiss, she panics, gets indignant, and bops him half-heartedly on the cheek. After that, it’s kind of hard to recover the mood.

Later, Gil-chae and Jong Jong fall into each other’s arms, tears flowing freely. Gil-chae is awash with guilt at the thought that she’d failed to protect her. Still, she’s adamant they can’t make their way back home yet — not with Jang-hyun still mortally wounded. But Goo Jam smells a rat. It takes one snarky comment from him before poor, mortally wounded Jang-hyun sits bolt upright in bed, back from the brink of death. Yup: turns out an arrow to the back is no match for a man in love. Jang-hyun is committed. He knows when he wakes, Gil-chae has no excuse to remain… consequently, if he must forgo speech, baths, and the ability to scratch his nose for months at a time, then so be it!

Tensions arise. Yang-chun is pretty miffed by Jang-hyun’s long-term holiday from speaking, walking, or scheming — primarily because it puts him in charge of the rescued Joseon captives. Still, you can’t fault his loyalty: when Gil-chae walks in, he puts on an Oscar-worthy display of bedside weeping. Meanwhile, Gil-chae and Ryang-eum learn that hell is other people… more specifically, each other. There’s only so many times one person can mop their beloved’s clammy brow, let alone two, and the household is running low on towels. It’s not their finest moment when they find themselves in a tug-of-war match over a medicine bowl — or when its contents is thrown on Jang-hyun’s unsuspecting face. Arguably, he had that one coming.

Meanwhile, in Jang-hyun’s absence, a simple question from the captives sends Yang-chun spinning into a moral quagmire: when can we go home? It’s a raw deal; even in Joseon they’re considered property, requiring an owner to ransom them back. Some of them don’t have that. Eventually, Yang-chun — ignoring Goo Jam’s obligatory grumbling — agrees to lend everyone the money required. Still, with the journey back to Joseon so fraught, he warns that it’s safer to farm for the crown prince.

On that front, Gil-chae is determined to pull her weight. You don’t claw your way to the top of the mini-dagger business without learning a thing or two about blacksmithing! She teaches the farmers how to repair their machines, whilst regaling the “unconscious” Jang-hyun with stories of her day. One time, he sneaks out of bed to watch her work. To his absolute delight, she remains as abrasive as ever. But she also abandons all thoughts of rank to laugh and rake soil with the rest of them. Meanwhile, the displaced Joseon court watch from afar, listening to the farmers sing and thinking of their homeland.

Jang-hyun’s game of pretend lasts longer than I’d be able to tolerate not washing my own hair without breaking — but it reaches a conclusion nonetheless. Namely, the point at which it breaks Gil-chae. Weeping, she announces that she’d give up her life if it meant he’d get better. At this, Jang-hyun, still awkwardly recumbent, stages a miraculous recovery. Crucially, this does not prevent him from milking his injury for all it’s worth. Over the next few days, he develops a pronounced, medically improbable limp, because, well, shoulder wounds work in mysterious ways, don’t you know? Science says so!

Growing web of lies notwithstanding, our leads do finally get the chance to sit and talk. Jang-hyun confesses that the rumors are true: he was born a government slave. For a moment, Gil-chae’s snobbery silently wars with her better instincts — but in the end, all she says is it would have been nicer if he hadn’t purchased a title. He could have been her servant! There’s still time to forsake my rank, smirks Jang-hyun. Then, growing serious, he asks the million-dollar question: why did Gil-chae abandon him that day? There’s a long, weighted pause. I couldn’t bring myself to have you, admits Gil-chae. I knew you could go on without me. Jang-hyun meets her gaze, deliberately. What, he asks, makes you think that?

Alas, this is when our tête-à-tête grows a few too many heads. Lurking near a tree is Gak-hwa — and she’s none too pleased. But behind her stands Ryang-eum… with an arrow aimed at her back. For a moment, he truly does consider firing. But he backs down. Seconds later, he finds himself at the mercy of Gak-hwa’s guards, with a warning for Jang-hyun: she will summon him soon. When she does, it’s to deliver a seriously spiky ultimatum. If Gil-chae doesn’t go back to Joseon… well, she of course wouldn’t harm her. But all kinds of things can happen to a captive, quite by chance. In an instant, Jang-hyun seizes her by the throat. Gak-hwa remains impassive. I understand your fears, she says. It’s exactly how I felt when you were in danger.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/my-dearest-episodes-15-16/

Will the viewers who left home come back? A small spark brought to life by Namgoong Min’s ‘Lovers’

K24CXDLMRZUPDKSQMCONNKBYZQ.jpg

The finalists for the 59th Baeksang Arts Awards included prominent dramas such as ‘The Glory’, ‘Anna’, ‘Weird Lawyer Woo Young-woo’, and ‘The Youngest Son of a Chaebol Family’. As it was a drama that garnered both viewer ratings and buzz, there was no doubt that it was nominated for an award. In addition, the fact that not a single terrestrial drama was included in the final candidates accelerated the ‘terrestrial drama crisis theory.’

Despite the crisis, terrestrial dramas were broadcast, but not as well as in the past. The number of works decreased for various reasons, and competitive works were mainly broadcast on OTT, and the ‘terrestrial drama crisis theory’ seemed to be solidifying.

However, a work that seemed to break this has appeared. It is MBC’s Friday-Saturday drama ‘Lovers’. ‘Lovers’ is a human history melodrama that deals with the love between lovers and the vitality of the people during the Manchu War. It was broadcast in two parts, Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1, which first aired on August 4, started with a viewership rating of 5.3% and fell to 4.3% (episode 2), but then began to rise and reached a peak viewership rating of 12.2%. ‘Lovers’ Part 2, which began broadcasting on the 13th, continues the upward trend of Part 1. Episode 16, which aired on the 28th, recorded a viewership rating of 12.0%, marking the highest viewer rating of Part 1.

In particular, according to the Gallup Korea report released on the 23rd, from October 17th to 19th, 2023, 1,000 people over the age of 18 across the country were asked about their favorite broadcast video programs these days (free answers to up to two), 'Lovers' This preference ranked first with 3.7%.

The rise of ‘Lovers’ is part of the story that the viewership ratings of terrestrial dramas are falling due to changes in platforms such as OTT. The fact that replays are possible anytime and anywhere and that good content is being diverted to OTT channels were cited as reasons for the crisis of terrestrial dramas. However, the viewer ratings and topicality of ‘Lovers’ showed that good stories always work, breaking down the ‘crisis theory’.

MBC, which regained the gold-saturday drama throne with ‘Lovers’, continues to meet viewers with ‘Lovers,’ followed by ‘The Fierce Woman Park’s Contract Marriage,’ ‘Flowers that Bloom at Night,’ and ‘Investigation Chief: The Beginning.’ 'The Marriage of the Virtuous Lady Park', which airs after the end of 'Lovers', is about the golden story of Park Yeon-woo (Lee Se-young), a 19th-century Confucian girl with a desire to overcome death and arrive in Korea in 2023, and Kang Tae-ha (Bae In-hyuk), the ultimate emotionless king of the 21st century. It deals with the story of contract marriage. It is scheduled to be broadcast on November 24th.

Following the Monday-Tuesday drama 'The Wedding Battle', KBS will meet viewers with 'Fantasy Sonata', the epic historical drama 'Goryeo Khitan War', the weekend drama 'Hyosim, Each Life', 'Beauty and the Pure Man', and 'The Legendary Bath House'. Getting ready.

The first things that viewers encounter are ‘The Wedding Battle’ and ‘The Goryeo Khitan War.’ ‘Wedding Battle’, which will be aired for the first time on the 30th, is a matchmaking comic melodrama about the struggle between a Cheongsang sire and a Cheongsang widow during the Joseon Dynasty and the ‘wedding battle’ between a virgin and a miner. Rowoon, Jo Yi-hyeon, Park Ji-young, Jo Han-cheol, Lee Hae-young, etc. appear, and the historical costumes have been attracting attention even before the broadcast, raising expectations. 'Goryeo Khitan War' is a drama that tells the story of Emperor Hyeonjong (Kim Dong-jun) of Goryeo, who united Goryeo with tolerant leadership and led the war against the Khitan to victory, and Kang Gam-chan (Choi Soo-jong), his political mentor and commander-in-chief of the Goryeo army. It will be broadcast on the 11th. Expectations are high as it is a historical drama set in the Goryeo Dynasty by KBS, a renowned historical drama.

Following ‘Escape of the Seven’, SBS meets viewers with ‘My Demon’ and ‘Chaebol 'My Demon', which airs following 'Escape of the Seven', is a fantasy romantic comedy that follows the contract marriage between the 'devilish' conglomerate heiress Do Do-hee (Kim Yoo-jung) and the 'devilish' Guwon (Song Kang) who lost her abilities for a moment. The mere meeting raises expectations.

It is true that the number of dramas released by terrestrial broadcasting stations has decreased significantly compared to the past, but it is expected that synergy will be created thanks to the rise of ‘Lovers’.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/enter_general/2023/10/29/ZHWMRTXPYQLOOF3CAV62UJDINU/

I am glad that Lovers/ My Dearest is doing great in ratings. It is a historical dramawith longing romance and interesting political and historial facts. I am sure Namgoong Min will win a Daesang in the MBC drama Awards this year. He knows to select his dramas and perhaps he is lucky that good dramas are coming his way. :)

20231030012702_kim-yoon-woo-1.jpg?s=900x5 Pivotal Characters Who Hold Namgoong Min’s & Ahn Eun Jin’s Futures In Episodes 15-16 Of “My Dearest”

Oct 31, 2023
by shalini

After last week’s emotional ending, “My Dearest” eases us into a new chapter in Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae’s (Ahn Eun Jin’s) relationship. Gone are the days when they hid their attraction in the desperate hope of appearing nonchalant—the Gil Chae and Jang Hyun of today are open about the fact that whatever is between them hasn’t vanished. But even as Gil Chae comes to realize the depth of Jang Hyun’s regard and dares to hope for a new life, the shifting political landscape might be our couple’s biggest enemy yet. As always, their fates remain in the hands of others. Here are five characters who wield far too much power and control in this couple’s lives.

Spoilers for episodes 15-16 below.
Warning: mentions of sexual assault.

1. Ryang Eum

Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) was instrumental to reuniting Jang Hyun and Gil Chae in Shimyang after being equally instrumental in tearing them apart all those years ago. But he’s regretting it deeply as he watches Jang Hyun recover from Gak Hwa’s (Lee Chung Ah’s) arrow. Gil Chae tends to Jang Hyun night and day, determined to ensure that he recovers. And the truth is that Jang Hyun’s doing pretty well. He just wants Gil Chae to remain in Shimyang and fuss over him.

Gil Chae spots Ryang Eum weeping at Jang Hyun’s bedside and quickly realizes that he’s in love with Jang Hyun. A quick flashback reveals that Ryang Eum was sexually abused as a child by a wealthy noble but rescued by Jang Hyun who killed the man. He’s relied on and adored Jang Hyun ever since, but Gil Chae knows that Jang Hyun doesn’t reciprocate those feelings. For all Jang Hyun’s intelligence, it isn’t even clear if he knows of those feelings. Gil Chae and Ryang Eum basically duke it out over who gets to take care of him, resulting in Jang Hyun getting splashed with medicine and basically wondering why everyone loves him. Ryang Eum also spills to Gil Chae that Jang Hyun was the one who saved her all those years ago on Ganghwa Island, not her husband Goo Won Moo (Ji Seung Hyun). He points out that Gil Chae is a curse to Jang Hyun. Every decision he’s made is because of her and has gotten him into this pit of hell in Shimyang. But instead of wasting her time feeling guilty, Gil Chae resolves to fight even harder to keep Jang Hyun safe, saying that if she’s a curse, then she’s also the cure. I love her!

Ryang Eum’s fierce loyalty to Jang Hyun and him likely being the “madman” locked in prison in the current timeline mean that he’ll remain pivotal in the last four episodes of “My Dearest.” The only question is whether that’s for better or worse.

2. Hong Taiji and his successor

The Khan’s presence looms over all of Joseon, and especially everyone in Shimyang. Gil Chae is determined to aid in Jang Hyun’s recovery, and he’s overjoyed at her attention. He loves having her around and loves that she so clearly still cares for him. When he point-blank asks why she abandoned him all those years ago and married Goo Won Moo, she quietly says that she didn’t think she had the right to have him. And that changes everything between them. He knows the truth now, so he’s about to make a move on Gil Chae. She’s even written to Goo Won Moo to find why he abandoned her so that she can request a clean break from him. They’re so close to finally getting together.

And the Khan dies. The biggest political player in the occupation and conquering of Joseon is dead. And that means that everything and everyone is caught in a whirlwind of power grabs and violence. Prince Dorgon now rules as regent in lieu of the Khan’s son, and he’s looking to shake things up. And that means Joseon, its ruler, and its slaves. This places Jang Hyun directly back in the line of fire as advisor to Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon) and who’s secretly keeping the largest contingent of free Joseon people by pretending that they’re slaves. And Gak Hwa sees her chance to take a shot.

3. Gak Hwa

It’s a shame that for a drama that has given us plenty of lovely, nuanced characters, Gak Hwa is little more than one of those awful second female leads in an early 2000s drama. She has nothing more to her than greed and wants only Jang Hyun regardless of the cost. Prince Dorgon places her in charge of managing all the slaves, and she sees a chance to break up Gil Chae and Jang Hyun’s budding romance because she can.

She threatens Jang Hyun by saying that she could have Gil Chae accidentally sent back into slavery and get her limbs cut off. If Jang Hyun insists on staying with Gil Chae, she’ll report to Prince Dorgon that he hasn’t been hunting Joseon slaves but freeing and buying them to keep them out of the Qing empire’s hands. Jang Hyun is given yet another terrible choice. It’s the fate and freedom of hundreds of impoverished Joseon farmers who have placed their trust in his hands versus the fate and freedom of his heart and soul, Gil Chae. This time, it’s Jang Hyun who has to push Gil Chae away because of his responsibilities to the people depending on him. And he can finally understand where she came from. He coldly rebuffs her attempts to stay with him and tells her to leave and that he’s tired of her being hot and cold with him. Gil Chae’s heartbroken but forces on a smile, vowing that she’ll do what he wants because she never wants to see him hurt again. And our lovers are torn apart again.

4. Crown Prince So Hyun

This character will probably be the most crucial to this story. Throughout Crown Prince So Hyun’s stay in Shimyang as a political prisoner, his father King Injo (Kim Jong Tae) has gone increasingly wacko. He genuinely thinks that his son is about to depose him. It’s probably because he himself deposed the previous king, but that’s just him projecting. He’s cruel and ruthless to the already-starving Joseon people, and no one likes him. Through Jang Hyun’s manipulation, Prince Dorgon views the Crown Prince favorably and allows him to visit Joseon and see his family. But the deranged king is taking this as another sign that his son wants to kill him. A divided Joseon only spells trouble. And the fact that Jang Hyun is the Crown Prince’s most trusted advisor does not bode well for his reputation in Joseon.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1619594wpp/5-pivotal-characters-who-hold-namgoong-mins-ahn-eun-jins-futures-in-episodes-15-16-of-my-dearest

20231101073038_my-dearest-.jpg?s=900x600“My Dearest” In Talks For Extension

Nov 1, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC is positively reviewing an extension of their popular drama “My Dearest”!

On November 1, a representative of MBC shared, “Due to the popularity of the drama, we are positively discussing an extension and are working on adjusting the broadcast schedule by slightly delaying the date of the final episode.”

They added, “Depending on the results of Game 3 of the professional baseball postseason playoffs, there is a possibility of Game 4 being broadcast on Friday, November 3, so episode 17 of ‘My Dearest’ is scheduled to air on Saturday, November 4. We will work harder to improve the production quality of the remaining important scenes in the second half.”

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and swept the top spots on rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors for three consecutive weeks.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623525wpp/my-dearest-in-talks-for-extension

5 minutes ago, larus said:

On November 1, a representative of MBC shared, “Due to the popularity of the drama, we are positively discussing an extension and are working on adjusting the broadcast schedule by slightly delaying the date of the final episode.”

I don`t like this. I love the drama but why they did not consider the extention after the first part? I hate when popular drama has extensions to milk the popularity. I want the writer to think at their plot and organize according to this. It they have filmed material and can extend the series without affecting the flow It is alright.

• Like 1

Spoiler

“My Dearest” Not Airing New Episode Tonight; Teases Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Reunion

“My Dearest” Not Airing New Episode Tonight; Teases Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Reunion

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a sneak peek of Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin’s reunion!

Due to baseball playoffs coverage, “My Dearest” will not be airing a new episode in its usual time slot on November 3. Instead, the next episode of “My Dearest” will air on Saturday, November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) risked his life to rescue Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), but he was wounded in the process. Yoo Gil Chae remained by his side to nurse him back to health, and Lee Jang Hyun was so happy to be able to spend time with her that he pretended to be ill even after he’d recovered.

However, the star-crossed lovers’ brief happiness was soon interrupted by Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). Mad with jealousy, Gak Hwa threatened to kill all the prisoners of war from Joseon if Lee Jang Hyun did not send Yoo Gil Chae back home. In order to protect the prisoners of war, Lee Jang Hyun had no choice but to push Yoo Gil Chae away with words he did not mean, and the two shared another heartbreaking farewell.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, though, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae find their way back to one another in Hanyang. Lee Jang Hyun can’t hide his smile at seeing Yoo Gil Chae, whose own excitement is evident in her eyes. Yoo Gil Chae also appears to be holding a small gift from Lee Jang Hyun, suggesting that their reunion was not a coincidence.

Namgoong-Min.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin.jpegNamgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” teased, “In Episode 17, which airs tomorrow, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will reunite in Hanyang, not Shenyang. Although they are in a completely different situation from when they met in Shenyang, their love for one another remains unchanged. As always, actors Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin captured Lee Jang Hyun and Yo Gil Chae’s love and heartache with their top-notch acting chemistry. We hope that viewers will look forward to it.”

To find out how Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae wind up reuniting in Hanyang, catch the next episode of “My Dearest” on November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623912wpp/my-dearest-not-airing-new-episode-tonight-teases-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-reunion

• Like 1

20231103082533_ahn-eun-jin002-1.jpeg?s=9Ahn Eun Jin Faces Criticism After Returning To Joseon In “My Dearest”

Nov 3, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s popular historical romance drama “My Dearest” shared more stills featuring Ahn Eun Jin!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and swept the top spots on rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors for three consecutive weeks.

Spoilers

Previously, people pointed their fingers at Gil Chae and her servant Jong Jong (Park Jung Yeon), who were taken to the Qing Dynasty and returned to Hanyang, saying, “A barbarian’s scent is on them” and, “They are putting Joseon women to shame.” However, Gil Chae boldly stood up against the criticism and showcased her independence and strength.

On November 3, the production team of “My Dearest” remarked, “In episode 17, which will air tomorrow (November 4), Yoo Gil Chae will face the treatment for being ‘a returning woman’ which gets even more harsh as she divorces Goo Won Moo (Ji Seung Hyun).”

ahn-eun-jin001.jpeg

They added, “In this process, it will be proven how strong and attractive the character Yoo Gil Chae is and why Lee Jang Hyun has no choice but to love Yoo Gil Chae. Actress Ahn Eun Jin portrayed the strong character Yoo Gil Chae with stable acting. We ask for lots of interest and anticipation from viewers.”

ahn-eun-jin002.jpeg

Due to the coverage of the baseball playoffs, “My Dearest” will not be airing a new episode in its usual time slot on November 3. Instead, the next episode of “My Dearest” will air on Saturday, November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624009wpp/ahn-eun-jin-faces-criticism-after-returning-to-joseon-in-my-dearest

• Blob 1

MBC Says “My Dearest” May Film Additional Scenes If Drama Is Extended

MBC Says “My Dearest” May Film Additional Scenes If Drama Is Extended

MBC has confirmed that there is a possibility of filming additional scenes for “My Dearest.”

On November 4, a news outlet reported that “My Dearest,” which is currently in talks for an extension, did not plan to hold any additional shoots even if the drama were to be extended.

That same morning, MBC firmly denied the report, stating, “The question of whether our Friday-Saturday drama ‘My Dearest’ will hold additional shoots depends on whether the drama is extended. If it is decided that the drama will be extended, additional shoots may be held, so it is impossible to say that there will be no additional shoots. Right now, there is potential for additional shoots [for the drama].”

The network continued, “As we previously announced, we are currently discussing the possibility of extending ‘My Dearest,’ and the outlook is favorable. Due to the programming schedule for the drama following [‘My Dearest’], many people are thinking of a one-episode extension, but a two-episode extension is also possible.”

“Ultimately, whether the drama holds additional shoots will be decided based on whether there is an extension and for how many episodes,” they concluded. “If the drama is extended, of course there will be additional filming to match the [extended] runtime.”

Are you hoping for an extension of “My Dearest”? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624125wpp/mbc-says-my-dearest-may-film-additional-scenes-if-drama-is-extended