[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

I watched the first episode. It is already tragic. The person in the prison aka Joseon mental institution is Lee Jang Hyun? And he is waiting for the heroine or he is waiting to die?

Back to 23 years ago... I like that the heroine is sassy and an unsual heroine of those times. She is funny. And the hero is looking exactly for a girl like her. I wished it wasn`t about the destined love trope. I want two people who spends time together and slowly falling in love. But whatever, I am looking forward to see the love story of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil-Chae.

I am curious about the Crown Prince So-Hyun, how the realy was. Lee Jang Hyun had to protect him and the fact that older documents are trashing him, tells me that he lost the battle in the court. Beside the love story, I bet we`ll see a lot of court political battles. 

Kim Tae hoon will a Joseon court beard! :D He plays a real historical character. Choi Myeong-gil was a Joseon Chief State Councilor two times. I am also looking forward to watch him in this drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

The person in the prison aka Joseon mental institution is Lee Jang Hyun? And he is waiting for the heroine or he is waiting to die?

From the discussion on MyDramalist, I tent to believe now that person could be a woman. The translations said " it is him" when Shin Yi-Rib arrived to see the person. It could be a mistake in translation. The micro movement of the body sugests it could be a woman. Then, if it indeed a woman in that prison for psychiatric persons, than it is the heroine Yoo Gil-Chae, waiting for her lover, Lee Jang Hyun. It is a sad story either way.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 2!:).

“King The Land” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

“King The Land” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

MBC’s new drama “My Dearest” earned an average nationwide rating of 4.3 percent for its second episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605455wpp/king-the-land-heads-into-finale-on-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

by Lily Alice, August 6, 2023

The MBC period drama My Dearest also premiered with strong ratings. The drama garnered average ratings of 5.4% (nationwide & metropolitan). 

Set in Joseon during the Qing invasion, My Dearest tells the story of a noblewoman and a mysterious man. Ahn Eun Jin takes on the role of Yoo Gil Chae, a young lady from a respected family, who gets entangled with Lee Jang Hyun (Namkoong Min).

hjmWLK4ZSMDiDE-7yShtKwPPJn3rmPNPg7unkiIb

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest?

Episode 2 of My Dearest will air on August 5th (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-first-responders-season-2-and-namkoong-min-s-my-dearest-premiere-with-strong-ratings

• Like 2

by Hazel Jung, August 6, 2023

E57O7W_2f.jpg

On August 4th, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest premiered. The new series is a human history melodrama that depicts the love of a couple torn apart by the war, and the vitality of the people during the turbulent times of the late Joseon period. In My Dearest, Ahn Eun Jin takes on the role of Yoo Gil Chae, and together with actor Namkoong Min, she portrays a love story that even war cannot stop.

Spoiler

2wdVdE_2f.jpg

The first episode of My Dearest depicted the people's peaceful lives before the devastating Imjin War broke out. Among them was Yoo Gil Chae, a playful and mischievous young lady who captivates the hearts of all the men in her village. Though she may appear as a vixen she is an endearing and lovely woman who constantly dreams of love and makes efforts for it.

BdjOjV_2f.jpg

Yoo Gil Chae often dreams of meeting her beloved "Nanggunnim" (royal prince). She runs in pursuit of him, firmly believing she will meet him someday. She even believes that the person she encounters in her dream, Nanggunnim, is Nam Yeon Jun (played by Lee Hak Joo) from Sungkyunkwan. However, Nam Yeon Jun is the fiancé of Yoo Gil Chae's close friend, Kyung Eun Ae (played by Lee Da In). Despite capturing the hearts of all the men in Neunggun-ri Village, Yoo Gil Chae cannot win over Nam Yeon Jun's heart.

jQ0mWJ_2f.png

One day, a charismatic man named Lee Jang Hyun (played by Namkoong Min) appears, carrying various rumors with him. While Yoo Gil Chae refutes Nam Yeon Jun's words point by point, she does not find the single phrase spoken by Lee Jang Hyun amusing at all. Meanwhile, in an attempt to capture the attention of the men in the village, especially Nam Yeon Jun, Yoo Gil Chae climbs onto a swing on a hill. With an intentionally playful gesture, she once again captivates the hearts of the men in the village.

Spoiler

QJ0O55_2f.jpg

Disappointed when Nam Yeon Jun doesn't come, Yoo Gil Chae climbs onto the swing again and accidentally falls, only to be caught by Lee Jang Hyun. At that unexpected moment, Yoo Gil Chae's bewildered eyes meet his, and an unknown stillness and excitement begin. The trembling in Yoo Gil Chae's heart is perfectly conveyed through the screen, bringing the first episode of My Dearest to a close.

Spoiler

x4ARAX_2f.jpg

Actress Ahn Eun Jin, who was warmly received for her role in the drama Hospital Playlist, has achieved a streak of hits with the film The Night Owl in 2022. The drama The Good Bad Mother in 2023 draws attention to her captivating charm and dynamic acting that breathes life into her characters. As a result, she has emerged as one of the most anticipated actresses in 2023, with high expectations for her future projects.

In her chosen drama, the historical melodrama My Dearest, Ahn Eun Jin fiercely tried to portray the lead female role. As evidenced by her portrayal of Yoo Gil Chae in the first episode, Ahn Eun Jin exuded pure loveliness. Her mischievous way of speaking, bright smile, and sincere and adorable demeanor in the face of love were all highly captivating. After meeting Ahn Eun Jin, Yoo Gil Chae's character becomes even more endearing.

Ahn Eun Jin's performance in the first episode perfectly highlighted the charm of her character. Despite the challenging task of taking on a historical drama, Ahn Eun Jin successfully created a charming Yoo Gil Chae with such love. The viewers eagerly await the next episode of My Dearest, where they can meet Yoo Gil Chae, born from Ahn Eun Jin's passion and efforts. My Dearest, the new MBC Friday-Saturday drama, will be broadcast on the 5th at 9:50 PM KST.

https://mydramalist.com/article/ahn-eun-jin-shines-with-adorable-charm-in-the-k-drama-my-dearest

• Like 3

I watched the second episode.

Lee Jang Hyun is smart and he doesn`t show his intentions on spot. The way he has plotted to kill that man! I was not expecting that. I could easily see him mendling in the political machinations in the court. Goo Yang-Chun really cares for Jang Hyuk. I think he will appear to save his friend later.

I also did believe that the Qing people have already come to Hanyang. I guess now things will get more complicated.

Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae are cute together.

Only in movies a young daughter of noble a family can go missing from home for so long an coming hope late at night. ^_^

• Like 2

Hi everyone  it been a long since i come back to korean drama i watch the first two episodes  i know it going to go darker and bad soon but it look so good to mess 

I  dont know about lee jang hyun character  it too soon  to full  understand  him now but he not going to be a pure hero he going  to be dark hero he will gave up and down and probably will work with enemy at some point but if he going to back to right it will he for the love

But for now i think it going to be good drama but must be ready for the hard and dark story and mostly tragic ending 

• Like 3

Watch: Ahn Eun Jin Gets Lifted Up By Namgoong Min Many Times In “My Dearest” Making-Of Clip

Watch: Ahn Eun Jin Gets Lifted Up By Namgoong Min Many Times In “My Dearest” Making-Of Clip

MBC’s latest Friday-Saturday drama “My Dearest” has unveiled a new behind-the-scenes video!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The making-of clip kicks off with Ahn Eun Jin filming a scene where she rides on a swing in order to capture Nam Yeon Joon’s (Lee Hak Joo’s) attention. In the following clip, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin practice the scene where they meet each other for the first time. Namgoong Min tries different ways to lift up Ahn Eun Jin, who is supposed to fall from her swing into his arms, but it is not that easy for him.

Namgoong Min smiles shyly and says, “It’s not that I’m tired, I’m just feeling embarrassed,” but Ahn Eun Jin feels sorry because Namgoong Min has to lift her several times. However, once the shoot begins, the two showcase perfect chemistry and complete the filming at once.

Later in the clip, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, who is disguised as a man, rehearse a scene where Namgoong Min helps Ahn Eun Jin jump down from a boat. The director, who is not satisfied at first, demonstrates the scene himself together with a male staff member. The perfect demonstration of the director and staff creates laughter on set.

Watch the full clip below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utXMDkKMmJw

The next episode will air on August 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605688wpp/watch-ahn-eun-jin-gets-lifted-up-by-namgoong-min-many-times-in-my-dearest-making-of-clip

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 9, 2023

4eo2w1_2f.jpg

On the 9th, scenes that foreshadow the beginning of the trials faced by the two young ladies, Yoo Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin) and Kyung Eun Ae (played by Lee Da In), who grew up beautifully in Neunggun Village, were revealed by the MBC Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest.

RB01PE_2f.jpg

My Dearest is a human history melodrama that deals with the love of lovers who are separated due to the Byeongjahoran War and the vitality of the people. Episodes 1 and 2 depicted a happy moment for the people of Neunggun Village. The youth were excited by their blossoming affections while the middle-aged enjoyed leisure. However, the ending of episode 2 hinted that this peace would be shattered. News came that "villains have infiltrated." As the Byeongja Horan War, which will be a significant turning point in the drama My Dearest, breaks out, the lives of the prosperous and happy people of Neunggun Village are expected to be shaken.

jQ0krB_2f.jpg

In the photos, Yoo Gil Chae and Kyung Eun Ae are in the mountains with their close friends, Jong Jong Yi (played by Park Jeong Yeon) and Bang Du Ne (played by Kwon So Hyun). The fluttering white snowflakes and the attire of the four people, from head to toe, wrapped tightly, indicate that the cold winter has arrived. There are no delicate silk skirts or elaborate headpieces. If it were a usual day, why are these four people, who have never walked this mountain path before, embarking on an escape route without any men?

Spoiler

E57KJO_2f.jpg

On the other hand, the tension on the faces of the four people in the second and third photos makes viewers uneasy. The four people are huddled under a large rock, hiding their bodies. Suspicious men searching above them can be seen. Hopefully, nothing will happen to them, and they can escape safely without harm.

The My Dearest production team stated, "Episodes 3 and 4, which will be broadcast on August 11th and 12th, will depict the story of the people falling into confusion as the Byeongja Horan War breaks out. The everyday lives of relaxed and happy people will collapse and shake drastically. Yoo Gil Chae and Kyung Eun Ae, the young ladies of the noble family, cannot escape this either. Ahn Eun Jin and Lee Da In, the two actresses, will portray the gradually resilient female characters amidst dramatic changes in the situation, enhancing the immersion of the drama. We ask for the viewers' attention and anticipation."

• Like 3

First Impressions: “My Dearest” Is A Heartwrenching Story Of Enduring Love In A Country Torn Apart

First Impressions: “My Dearest” Is A Heartwrenching Story Of Enduring Love In A Country Torn Apart

Aug 10, 2023
by shalini

It’s always good to see Namgoong Min back on the small screen, and he’s chosen something a little different from his usual contemporary fare. “My Dearest” is poised to be a lush sageuk in the vein of “The Red Sleeve,” “Tree With Deep Roots,” and “Empress Ki.” It’s been a while since there was a non-fusion historical drama, and the premiere episodes deliver all the intensity, beauty, and heartache that traditional sageuks do so well. Here’s what we loved about the first couple of episodes!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 1-2 below.

1. The dual timelines

We start off in 1659, where a historian happens to get his hands on a record that should have been erased from all knowledge. It states that Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Mu Jun) was manipulated by a man who lied about his exploits on the battlefield. The man was also somehow responsible for the fall of the crown prince and rise of the present regime. Something about it doesn’t sit right with the historian, so he assigns up-and-coming investigator Shin Yi Rib (Ha Kyung) to find out more about this mysterious man, Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min).

Spoiler

403e33672530f6bd14e4a37a6854ae05ffaa9f09.gifv

candlewind

Yi Rib’s search takes him to a white-haired man who is considered insane and has been locked up for years. We don’t see who this other man is, but we know from his doctor that he’s been vowing for years that Lee Jang Hyun would come back for him. Yi Rib asks how this all came to be, and we cut to a bloodstained Jang Hyun, injured and weary, facing off against a sea of enemies who strangely appear to be Korean. He looks like he’s at the end of the line but still picks up his strong and turns to them.

02a671fa521b4d2d3730804f0a01727f7fdc8853.gifv

9e57fad46a91681e7457562450d673a41028efde

The show cuts to 1636, 23 years in the past and prior to the Qing invasion. The dual timelines here work to build a sense of dread and anticipation for what could be coming the characters’ way because we know that Jang Hyun is considered a liar in the present and that the only record with his name wasn’t supposed to exist. Just what happened over 23 years for things to go so wrong? Is Jang Hyun alive now? And who is the white-haired man being locked up? There are so many questions!

2. Lee Jang Hyun’s quiet intensity

Lee Jang Hyun walks into the sleepy village of Neunggun-ri and scandalizes much of the scholars and young women there by charming all the elders and flouting many social mores. No one knows where he’s from, but they do know that he’s a wealthy trader with a knack for knowing just what people need. Jang Hyun becomes a hot topic because he drinks in broad daylight and has openly vowed off marriage. He’s cultured and intelligent but has no interest in showing people just how much. He doesn’t brag, reads people well, and it never takes him long to have someone wrapped around his finger. This includes the many women who’ve tried and failed to snag him in marriage. And he’s always up front with them from the start: marriage isn’t something he’s interested in. Naturally, the village’s women have equally little interest in him.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Da In, And Lee Hak Joo Are Entangled By Love In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Da In, And Lee Hak Joo Are Entangled By Love In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared new stills from its upcoming episode!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin plays Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. The drama also stars Lee Hak Joo as Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan, and Lee Da In as Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s closest friend Kyung Eun Ae.

Spoilers

The first and second episodes of “My Dearest” depicted the conflicting feelings of young men and women during peacetime. However, there were hints of war in between, and at the end of the second episode, the shocking news of an invasion arrived.

With the outbreak of the Manchu war, the people of Neunggeun, who have been enjoying a life of prosperity, will be forced to evacuate, and lovers will be separated.

In the first two episodes of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun took a romantic interest in Yoo Gil Chae, who is straightforward and honest when it comes to love. Although he knew she had feelings for Nam Yeon Joon, Lee Jang Hyun nonchalantly confessed his feelings to Yoo Gil Chae, making her heart flutter in the process. However, the Manchu war started even before the two could confirm their feelings for each other.

Meanwhile, Nam Yeon Joon rejected Yoo Gil Chae, whom all the boys in Neunggeun Village had a crush on, to stay loyal to his betrothed Kyung Eun Ae. On the other hand, despite rarely showing her feelings, Kyung Eun Ae can’t hide her feelings for Nam Yeon Joon. It remains to be seen what changes the Manchu war will bring to Nam Yeon Joon and Kyung Eun Ae’s relationship.

namgoong-min.jpgahn-eun-jin.jpglee-hak-joo.jpg

Spoiler

lee-da-in.jpg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “From the third and fourth episodes airing this week, the Qing invasion of Joseon will begin in earnest. The war will destroy the lives of the people. The four main characters of ‘My Dearest’ will desperately fight to survive and protect their love. Please pay a lot of attention and look forward to ‘My Dearest,’ which will unleash a more heartbreaking story and more powerful emotional storms starting with the Manchu war.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on August 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606408wpp/namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-lee-da-in-and-lee-hak-joo-are-entangled-by-love-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

20230811031008_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, And Lee Hak Joo All Have Different Reactions To The News Of War In “My Dearest”

Aug 11, 2023
by E. Cha

How will the the Qing invasion shake up the lives of the four main characters on MBC’s “My Dearest”?

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

On the first two episodes of “My Dearest,” a love quadrangle formed between Lee Jang Hyun, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo), and Kyung Eun Ae (Lee Da In). Meanwhile, Lee Jang Hyun and Nam Yeon Joon got into a heated public argument due to their vastly different political opinions on the Qing-Joseon relationship.

At the end of the second episode, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae were about to share a tender moment when shocking news arrived: the Qing had invaded.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the four leads react to the news of war. Nam Yeon Joon, who has cast aside his traditional hat at the news, looks distraught as he calls upon his fellow men to join the fight. However, even after hearing the unsettling news, Lee Jang Hyun appears as relaxed as ever, unfolding his fan with a hint of a smile as he watches Nam Yeon Joon speak.

Meanwhile, Yoo Gil Chae and Kyung Eun Ae are visibly emotional as they look on, with Kyung Eun Ae even tearing up after seeing Nam Yeon Joon’s determination to head out to war.

Namgoong-Min-3.jpeg

Lee-Hak-Joo.jpeg

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin-4.jpeg

Lee-Da-In.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” remarked, “Just the news that war has broken out is enough to incite extreme fear and anxiety in the people. In that moment, one character will think of the nation, while another will think of love, and another will think of how precious life is. Please keep a close eye on what choices will be made by the four characters, who have been placed at a major crossroads, and how those choices influence their fates within the war in the future.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on August 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606582wpp/namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-and-lee-hak-joo-all-have-different-reactions-to-the-news-of-war-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Spoiler video for ep 3  i write the translation  as much as i understood 

Spoiler

The first part was about she asking him if he followed  her 

But the most important part when said:

If i  come back a live then ( at that time) he ask her to give him her lips( kiss him) 

She get angry and slap him and he said: you did well, just like that while we not here if you meet enemy use things like this

He hide his care for her in joking manner i think he was going to ask for something else if he return but instead of asking her to accept him or wait for him he choice to make her anger to get her know how to defend herself

I think he understand she special to him but dont really face the fact that he in love but when war out and she in danger he will understand what his feeling 

Cant wait to see this two story how the war will change both of them 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3!:).

“My Dearest” Doubles Its Ratings Among Younger Viewers + Hits All-Time High For 3rd Episode

“My Dearest” Doubles Its Ratings Among Younger Viewers + Hits All-Time High For 3rd Episode

MBC’s new drama “My Dearest” is on the rise!

On August 11, the new historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its third episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “My Dearest” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 5.5 percent with its latest broadcast, marking a new personal record for the show.

“My Dearest” also doubled its ratings among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it jumped to an average rating of 2.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606686wpp/my-dearest-doubles-its-ratings-among-younger-viewers-hits-all-time-high-for-3rd-episode

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 12, 2023
0 1

After hitting its lowest viewership of 4.3%, My Dearest jumped to its highest rating of 5.5% for its third episode, a strong start for its second week of airing. But, despite the achievement, the drama failed to fall under the top 10 shows aired on MBC on Friday. The first part of the series will air a total of ten episodes. 

2wNrgd_2f.png

Episode 4 of My Dearest will air on August 12th (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and KOCOWA+.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-rise-to-its-highest-rating-the-first-responders-season-2-sees-improvement

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 4!:).

“Behind Your Touch” Premieres To Strong Ratings + “Durian’s Affair” Heads Into Finale On All-Time High

“Behind Your Touch” Premieres To Strong Ratings + “Durian’s Affair” Heads Into Finale On All-Time High

MBC’s new historical romance “My Dearest” earned an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent for its fourth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606782wpp/behind-your-touch-premieres-to-strong-ratings-durians-affair-heads-into-finale-on-all-time-high

When I first heard about this drama, I cringed due to the title. My Dearest? How tacky... But with NGM and AEJ at the helm, it can't be that tacky if they decided to sign up, right? Some people said this drama is like Gone with the Wind and I can see why.

So far, YGC has been an interesting character. She is vain, conceited and manipulative, but we also see loyalty, strength and street smarts in her. The way she led the girls is reminiscent of Heidi. She was smart enough to cover their tracks, she delivered a baby and she jumped to save her maid when she herself was in a dangerous situation. I bet the maid was extremely relieved when YGC said she'll catch the next boat. And despite her designs for NYJ, I'm pretty sure that she doesn't intend to cause hurt to EA.

Not much has been revealed about LJY. We know that he had a personal tragedy, his relationship with the grandpa is still a mystery and what is the reason he hates marriages?

I can't wait for the next episode!

• Like 3

The visuals for this drama are very beautiful.

I knew that the war it will a moment of growing up for the heroine. It is for every human being. it's terrible to live moments like those to survive. I wish they would have built a little more the relationship between the protagonists. To hear Gil-Chae saying "my dear' all of the sudden sounded false to me. 

I like the moment when Lee Jang-Hyun stopped the wedding. His words had wisdome. When Nam Yeon-Joon encourages everyone to go fight for the king, he had good intentions but he was naive. All those men were so unprepared to go to war. Lee jang Hyun is good at fighting and he has experience of the world but he is disapointed in the king and his politics. He is cynical and seems uninvolved but we could see that he cares for ordinary people. I wonder what happened with his father.

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Not much has been revealed about LJY. We know that he had a personal tragedy, his relationship with the grandpa is still a mystery and what is the reason he hates marriages?

I don`t know if there was a past relationship with that old man but I think Lee Jang Hyun is loyal to his sentiments. He became attacked to him while he spend time in the town.  He pretended that he was annoyed to see them showing affection to one another at that old age but he is a romantic at heart. I don`t think he hates marriage. He seamed frivolous and he has not shown real interest in any woman before because he did not meet the right woman. I wish there wasn`t the destined love story trope in this drama but that`s it. We have it.

• Like 3

by Hazel Jung, August 13, 2023
2 1

4e5e6r_2f.jpg

In the MBC Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, Lee Da In is the gentle and compassionate woman, Kyung Eun Ae. She portrays her character with a delicate balance of elegance and innocence.

In the recent episodes aired on August 11th and 12th, Kyung Eun Ae's turmoil caused by the sudden outbreak of the Byeongjahoran War was depicted. Eun Ae, who maintained her composure and calmness no matter the situation, is shown shedding tears like a child when Nam Yeon Jun (played by Lee Hak Joo) goes to the battlefield. This heartfelt scene where she cries like a child with tears in her eyes tugged at the viewers' heartstrings. 

1wow67_2f.jpg

Meanwhile, Eun Ae's quirky side as a gentlewoman also brought laughter to the viewers. In an unexpected twist, Eun Ae visits the temple to pray for the safety of the scholars who went to the battlefield. She uses stern words in her prayer, showcasing a surprising contrast. With a serious expression, Lee Da In folds her hands and recites chilling words playfully, adding to the character's charm. This playful aspect adds an unexpected charm to a character otherwise portrayed as severe.In the later part of the drama, due to the approaching war, Eun Ae eventually leaves with Yoo Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin) to find a haven. However, she encounters barbarians alone on a night, and with the help of Gil Chae, manages to escape danger. Overwhelmed by the sudden situation and the fear of being misunderstood, Eun Ae trembles in terror, stating, "I have done nothing wrong, but people might not believe me." This is the first time viewers see Eun Ae, who always smiles and cares for others, in such a vulnerable state. Lee Da In effectively conveys the character's emotions to the viewers, enhancing the tension and immersion of the drama.

Spoiler

pdkdye_2f.jpg

Lee Da In skillfully portrays a character that dynamically transforms depending on the situation, expressing a range of emotions with delicate nuances. Her presence is imprinted in the hearts of the viewers. As the drama My Dearest delves into the stories of people trapped amid war, Lee Da In's acting is expected to add even more depth to the narrative.

qYkY0z_2f.jpg

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-lee-da-in-captivates-viewers-with-laughter-and-tears

• Like 2

After bagging its best-ever viewership of 5.5%, My Dearest dropped to a nationwide average of 5.2% for its fourth episode. The average rating of the drama for its second week of airing is 5.35%. 

eYlYQQ_2f.png

Episode 5 of My Dearest will air on August 18th (Friday). Stream the K-drama on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/behind-your-touch-featuring-han-ji-min-lee-min-ki-and-suho-kicks-off-with-strong-ratings

• Like 2