[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

My Dearest: Episodes 11-12

by alathe

It’s been a long wait (okay, several weeks), but we’re finally back! After a seriously messy breakup, our leads have gone their sad, separate ways. Still, both are piecing together a life they can be proud of — or at the very least, not ashamed. But they’re soon faced with a daunting question: when those around them are suffering, what are their responsibilities? And do they ever end?

EPISODES 11-12

It’s rough when you’ve been through the long-distance breakup of a lifetime, and it’s centuries too early to stalk your ex on Instagram. All you can really do — at least if you’re Jang-hyun — is get roundly drunk each night, wallowing in desperate fantasies. Meanwhile, every day is horrific. Joseon prisoners of war are chased down by mercenaries, then dragged back into servitude and torture. Jang-hyun takes his usual place in those nightmarish fields, feigning complicity, whilst sabotaging the hunters where he can — especially his mysterious blue-robed frenemy.

One day, he sees her race after an old man whose cut heels are a mess of blood. He’s shielding several terrified children. Hurtling across the grass, Jang-hyun beats her to it — only to come face to face with his unlikely father figure, the indomitable Goo Yang-chun! And just when we thought we’d seen every shade of heartbreak on this poor man’s face. Luckily, he’s in a position to help: our masked mercenary’s feeling merciful, and when Jang-hyun asks her to look the other way… well, technically, she doesn’t say anything. But she does step aside.

With blood streaming down his forehead, and a baby in his arms, Yang-chun doesn’t hide his disgust at the thought that Jang-hyun has turned collaborator. Naturally, nothing could be further from the case. According to Goo Jam, this is all thanks to Ryang-eum’s weapons-grade puppy-dog eyes… but let’s be real, our hero was never going to sit by and let people suffer. Long story short, his home now shelters dozens of former captives, all painstakingly purchased via his dwindling silver supplies, under the pretense of selling them for profit.

Still, despite his clear-ish conscience, he’s not in the most stable of places. Neither, for obvious reasons, is Yang-chun. The latter tries to distract himself with wine, women and song — but none of these quell the nightmares. Jang-hyun, for his part, plasters on a cheerful face, then weirds out a nearby gisaeng by asking her to call him an ugly piece of rock. (Granted, she’s probably heard weirder.) That night, he and Yang-chun slump together on the stairs. At least they can be not-okay together.

The problem with being a decent human being during a military occupation is that you can never really stop. When Jang-hyun hears women screaming in the palace grounds, he’s urged to turn a blind eye. Inconveniently for him, he actually does happen to be a good person. He turns. He looks. He sees an all-too-familiar face. It’s the happy-go-lucky teenage gisaeng from all those episodes ago: Young-rang. She and her fellow captives have been forced to serve the Qing prince. They live in fear of his sadistic consort, who delights in having boiling water poured over the heads of her rivals. Something must be done.

Neither Goo Jam nor Yang-chun are thrilled at risking their lives for women they deem “tainted by barbarians.” Plugging his ears against the background strain of misogynistic grumbling, Jang-hyun begins plotting a rescue. Part one goes off without a hitch: Young-rang and the others are smuggled out of the palace in wheelbarrows full of paper. But that same night, more prisoners cross the dreaded field where bounty hunters lurk. They end up cornered. Yang-chun rises to the occasion, fending off the hunters with a single spear — and occasionally, his teeth. Soon, Jang-hyun comes racing to the rescue, in a whirl of daggers and protective rage.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/my-dearest-episodes-11-12/

20231018085148_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-

“My Dearest” Teases Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Long-Awaited Reunion In Upcoming Episode

Oct 18, 2023
by M. Lim

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared more sneak peek of its next episode!

After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13—and the hit historical romance drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “My Dearest” Part 2, Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) was kidnapped together with escaped prisoners of war and taken to Shenyang, and her status went from noblewoman to prisoner-of-war in the blink of an eye. Her loyal handmaiden Jong Jong (Park Jung Yeon) proposed seeking help from Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) upon their arrival in Shenyang, but Yoo Gil Chae refused, unwilling to bring him any harm as she knows his love better than anyone else.

Almost on the verge of collapse, Yoo Gil Chae reached Shenyang as a fugitive, where Lee Jang Hyun has been working to rescue prisoners of war from Joseon while pretending to be a bounty hunter. In her moment of despair, Yoo Gil Chae lowered her head, and Lee Jang Hyun cast a tremulous gaze in her direction.

Following this encounter, their paths crossed several more times. In the last episode, an intense scene unfolded as Yoo Gil Chae desperately ran to escape the fugitive market while the blue-masked Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah) aimed her bow and arrow at her. Lee Jang Hyun initially intervened but eventually drew his own bowstring at Gak Hwa when the latter attempted to shoot Yoo Gil Chae once more. The episode concluded with a moment that appeared to feature Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae locking eyes, leaving viewers eager to know if they will finally recognize each other.

namgoong-min-my-dearest.jpeg

ahn-eun-jin-my-dearest.jpeg

The production team commented, “The heartwrenching love story of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae most important story point of our drama. The tale of two people who throw themselves into hardships to protect and ensure the happiness of their loved ones will deeply resonate with viewers. The deep and immersive performances of Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin will heighten viewers’ engagement in the storyline. We ask for your interest and anticipation for the unfolding love story of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae in Part 2.”

To find out whether and how Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will ultimately reunite, tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on October 20 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620523wpp/my-dearest-teases-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-long-awaited-reunion-in-upcoming-episode

• Like 1

20231019101010_my-dearest.jpg?s=900x600&4 People Who Bring Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Back Together In Episodes 11-12 Of “My Dearest”

Oct 19, 2023
by shalini

My Dearest” is back and ready to rip our hearts out after that explosive mid-season finale back in August. With our lovers torn apart and on opposite sides of a very dangerous border, it seems almost impossible that their paths could cross again. But war upends the chessboard, and it isn’t long before Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) are thrown back together—even if it is for the most awful of reasons.

Here are four people who bring the leads back together in the recent episodes:

Warning: spoilers for episodes 11-12 below.

1. Lee Jang Hyun

The best part about Lee Jang Hyun’s actions after supposedly being dumped by Gil Chae is that he has no clue that the kindness he shows will come back to him in the best of ways. To say that he’s hollowed out afterwards would be an understatement. He even debates on surrendering to death just so he doesn’t have to feel the pain of Gil Chae’s rejection. Jang Hyun was never a man who had much to live for, and he has even less to live for now. He’s back in Shimyang and forced to hunt down escaped slaves so as to keep the Qing happy with him, while he secretly plots against them with Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon).

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616417wpp/4-people-who-bring-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-back-together-in-episodes-11-12-of-my-dearest

• Like 1

20231019085002_my-dearest-2.jpg?s=900x60“My Dearest” To Unveil Highly-Anticipated Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Scene From Pre-Release Teaser In This Week’s Broadcast

Oct 19, 2023
by M. Lim

MBC’s “My Dearest” has exciting news to share about this week’s episodes!

After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13—and the hit historical romance drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot.

Spoilers

One of the main reasons for “My Dearest” making a swift return to the spotlight after its break is the heartfelt love story between Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). The two, who faced a heartbreaking farewell at the end of Part 1, now find themselves in a situation where their paths almost cross once more, leaving viewers eagerly anticipating their reunion.

On October 19, the “My Dearest” production team shared that the scene from the highly popular Part 2 pre-release teaser, which initially captivated audiences when unveiled on September 30, will finally be shown in this week’s episode.

The teaser clip featuring the tearful reunion of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae has garnered an astounding response, accumulating over 1 million views as of October 19, indicating a high level of anticipation among viewers for the upcoming broadcast of this scene.

In line with the teaser, the recently revealed stills show Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae in the same place, separated only by a door. The profound and tender emotions of both characters, who cannot remove each other from their hearts yet unable to get closer, are beautifully conveyed.

my-dearest-namgoong-min-1.jpeg

Spoiler

my-dearest-namgoong-min-2.jpeg

my-dearest-ahn-eun-jin-1.jpeg

The production team commented, “The scene that received immense attention and love in the Part 2 teaser video will finally air this week. It’s a scene that 100 percent encapsulates the heartbreaking and yearning emotions between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae. The meticulous performances by Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, who conveyed even the slightest tremble in their characters, will deeply engage the audience. The production team was also spellbound by this scene while working on it, so we hope you’ll eagerly await its broadcast.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620768wpp/my-dearest-to-unveil-highly-anticipated-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-scene-from-pre-release-teaser-in-this-weeks-broadcast

• Like 1

Namgoong Min Is Shocked At The Sight Of A Haggard Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min Is Shocked At The Sight Of A Haggard Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

Get ready for a tearful reunion between Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin on MBC’s “My Dearest”!

After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 last week—and the hit historical romance drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot.

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) unexpectedly found themselves in the same place once again when Yoo Gil Chae was kidnapped and taken to Shenyang, where Lee Jang Hyun had been rescuing prisoners of war. After the star-crossed lovers came close to reuniting several times, the latest episode ended with them seemingly locking eyes as Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah) aimed her bow and arrow at Yoo Gil Chae—leaving viewers on the edge of their seats to find out whether Lee Jang Hyun had finally recognized Gil Chae.

In heartbreaking new stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun is frozen with shock as he stares at Yoo Gil Chae, who has appeared before him as a haggard prisoner of war—looking very different from the elegant noblewoman he left behind in Joseon.

Namgoong-Min-5.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-5.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” revealed, “In Episode 13, which airs today, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will finally reunite. We hope that you’ll keep an eye on how the two characters, who barely missed one another by a trick of fate multiple times, will be reunited.”

“Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s reunion is an extremely important scene in the drama’s plot,” they continued. “Both Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin poured all their energy into the scene to capture the stormy emotions of the moment. Please look forward to it.”

To catch Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s emotional reunion, tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on October 20 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620915wpp/namgoong-min-is-shocked-at-the-sight-of-a-haggard-ahn-eun-jin-in-my-dearest

Here are the ratings for Episode 13 (Part 2)! :).

“My Dearest” Part 2 Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings

“My Dearest” Part 2 Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings

Viewership ratings for Part 2 of MBC’s “My Dearest” have broken into the double digits!

On October 20, the historical romance drama enjoyed a rise in viewership as it took first place in its time slot across all channels. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.2 percent.

“My Dearest” also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it climbed to an average rating of 3.3 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621086wpp/my-dearest-part-2-breaks-into-double-digit-ratings

20231021051634_Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min-Namgoong Min Risks Everything To Rescue Ahn Eun Jin In “My Dearest”

Oct 21, 2023
by E. Cha

Get ready for a special 100-minute episode of MBC’s “My Dearest”!

On October 21, “My Dearest” will air 20 minutes earlier than usual—at 9:30 p.m. KST instead of 9:50—for an extended Episode 14.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) were finally reunited at long last. When he spotted Yoo Gil Chae taken prisoner and about to be sold off at auction, Lee Jang Hyun—who had been sincerely hoping for her happiness—fell into despair and horror at the situation in which he’d discovered her.

Newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode capture the emotional moment right after the ending of Episode 13, with Lee Jang Hyun tearfully approaching Yoo Gil Chae in shock and taking her hand.

The producers of “My Dearest” remarked, “In Episode 14, which airs today, the story of what happens after Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s emotional reunion will unfold. Lee Jang Hyun will put everything on the line in his race to rescue Yoo Gil Chae. Please look forward to the tearful whirlwind of fate and the heartbreaking love between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, as well as the radiant and passionate acting of Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, who captured their stormy emotions.”

My-Dearest.jpeg

• Like 1

Namgoong Min receives Prime Minister's commendation, "I hope the staff of 'Lovers 2' will have a hard time cheer up" [Popular Culture and Arts Award]

optimize

Actor Namgoong Min received a commendation from the Prime Minister. Namgoong Min received the Prime Minister's Commendation at the '2023 Korea Popular Culture and Arts Awards' held at the National Theater's Haeoreum Theater at 6 p.m. on the October 21st.

Immediately after receiving the award, Namgoong Min said, "I am grateful for receiving such a big award. I received a great award in a great place, but what suddenly occurred to me was that I felt bad for the other staff members who did not include me, who were having a hard time in such chilly weather." “I want to work with the staff I have, and please do your best to finish the project until the end,” he said. Next, Namgoong Min added, “From now on, I will work sincerely and become an actor who will not let go of my work until the end and fulfill my responsibilities.”

The 'Korea Popular Culture and Arts Awards' is a government award ceremony prepared to raise the social status and creative motivation of popular culture artists and encourage those who have contributed to the development of the popular culture and arts industry. It began awarding in 2010 and this year marks its 14th anniversary. . This year, award candidates were selected through a public contest and expert recommendation, and comprehensively reviewed various factors such as the candidates' craftsmanship period, domestic and international activity performance, contribution to related industries, and social contribution, and were awarded △6 people for the Order of Cultural Merit △7 teams for the Presidential Citation △National Affairs. A total of 31 teams were selected, including 8 teams receiving the Prime Minister's Citation and 10 teams receiving the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism's Citation.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?5206259

MyDearest | Episode 14 Recap] “I won, it’s enough now” Gak-hwa and Jang-hyeon’s bet hunt for Gil-chae to be returned, Jang-hyeon crying and calling out to Gil-chae

‘Lovers’ Namgoong Min rescues captive Ahn Eunjin, “I will do as I please”

image_readtop_2023_806706_16978930225672

In MBC's 'Lovers' broadcast on the 21st, Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong Min) visited Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin). He asked Yoo Gil-chae what happened in Joseon, but there was no answer. Lee Jang-hyun especially said, “I should have lived proudly. “Why didn’t he look for me?” he said.

Yu Gil-chae said, “I have no reason to ask you for help. “We have nothing to do with each other,” he said. Yu Gil-chae then said, “Did you pay money to that barbarian and buy me tonight? “I can’t do much,” he rebuked, and Lee Jang-hyeon tried to catch Yu Gil-chae.

Yu Gil-chae shook off Lee Jang-hyeon’s hand and said, “Even if you do me a favor, I can’t repay you. So don’t do anything.” However, Lee Jang-hyun said, “I can’t do it your way this time. “I will do as I please,” he said and went out. Lee Jang-hyeon threatened the barbarian who was holding Yu Gil-chae, bought Yu Gil-chae and all other prisoners and released them.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/10/806706/

by Lily Alice, October 21, 2023
1 2

MBC's historical drama My Dearest Part 2 scored ratings of 10.3% (nationwide) and 9.9% (metropolitan) for episode 13, remaining the most-watched show in its time slot. With the second part of the series gaining rapid momentum, it doesn't seem long before it surpasses the viewership of Part 1. Episode 10 of the series holds the record for achieving the highest viewership of 12.2%. 

rNqebg_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 14 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on October 21 (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-part-2-breaks-into-double-digit-rating-the-escape-of-the-seven-hits-all-time-low

Here are the ratings for Episode 14 (Part 2)! :).

“My Dearest” Part 2 Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Arthdal Chronicles 2” Falls Ahead Of Finale

“My Dearest” Part 2 Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Arthdal Chronicles 2” Falls Ahead Of Finale

MBC’s “My Dearest” continues its upward climb!

On October 21, the popular historical romance drama achieved Part 2’s highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “My Dearest” took first place in its time slot with an average nationwide rating of 11.7 percent, marking an impressive 1.5 percent jump from its previous episode the night prior.

“My Dearest” also jumped to its highest ratings yet among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 4.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621184wpp/my-dearest-part-2-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-arthdal-chronicles-2-falls-ahead-of-finale

29W24OBTJQ_4.jpg

‘Lovers’ returned with Part 2 after about a month. Although interest and topicality tend to decline over time, Part 2 is on track to reach Part 1's highest viewer ratings. Why did ‘Lovers’ captivate viewers from Part 1 to Part 2? MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (written by Hwang Jin-young/directed by Kim Seong-yong) is a human history melodrama that deals with the love between lovers and the vitality of the people during the Manchu War. Part 1 begins with the peaceful village of Neunggun-ri and depicts the process of Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) falling in love. Afterwards, as the Manchu War broke out, peace was broken, and while suffering continued, Lee Jang-hyun showed his crazy love, risking his life only for Yu Gil-chae. However, Yu Gil-chae misunderstood that Lee Jang-hyeon was dead, and married Guwon-moo (Ji Seung-hyeon) to protect her family. Lee Jang-hyeon, who found out about this, suggested Yoo Gil-chae to run away at night, but Part 1 ended with Yoo Gil-chae choosing to marry Gu Won-mu.

Part 2 begins with Yu Gil-chae and Lee Jang-hyeon living normal lives again. Yu Gil-chae does his best for Gu Won-mu and continues her married life, while Lee Jang-hyeon works as an interpreter in Shenyang and returns runaway Joseon prisoners of war to their homeland. Meanwhile, Yu Gil-chae is taken prisoner in Shenyang and goes through hardships. Lee Jang-hyeon sees this and desperately tries to send him back to Joseon with an expression on his face as if the world is collapsing.

29W24OBTJQ_5.jpg

The love shown by Lee Jang-hyun and Yoo Gil-chae in Part 2 is no longer a fresh feeling. The love between Yoo Gil-chae and Yu Gil-chae, who was already married, became impossible due to her painful background. Nevertheless, the desperate thoughts they have for each other make it even more sad. Even though Yoo Gil-chae is dragged into the Qing Dynasty and goes through hardships, he avoids Lee Jang-hyeon because he thinks he can no longer rely on him. Lee Jang-hyeon, who discovered Yoo Gil-chae, reveals his weakness and even asks Crown Prince Sohyeon (Kim Mu-jun) for an unreasonable request and tries to send Yoo Gil-chae back to Joseon. Their anxious eyes and emotionally charged acting shown at this time help viewers become more immersed.

The sight of Joseon prisoners taken to the Qing Dynasty is heartbreaking. In Part 2, where Qing intervention begins in earnest after the Manchu War, the stories of prisoners are mainly told. They had to face not only hardship and persecution in the Qing Dynasty, but also negative views in Joseon. Crown Prince Sohyeon's line upon seeing the captured Joseon woman, "Do you mean to endure the humiliation by living without dying?" gives an idea of that era. The work deals with their hardships in detail and seeks to convey the pain of the times to viewers.

Part 2, which enters the middle part, rushes towards the finale of the work. The point to watch is what fate will happen to Gil-chae and Jang-hyeon after they get married. Although they still show solid love, Gil-chae has a husband, Guwon-mu, and Jang-hyeon has a Qing princess, Gak-hwa (Lee Cheong-ha), who is obsessively and unrequitedly in love with him. Social perspectives and intertwined romantic relationships are the factors that hinder them.

29W24OBTJQ_6.jpg

The conflict between Crown Prince Sohyeon and Injo also intensifies. There is a saying that history is a spoiler. In history, King Injo and Crown Prince Sohyeon had a huge conflict, and when Crown Prince Sohyeon died, King Injo persecuted his family. Among them is King Injo's concubine, Lady Yong Jo. In Part 2, Lady Yong Jo (So Yu-jin) will appear and ignite the conflict. I wonder what will be Lee Jang-hyun's fate in this whirlwind of history.

As the popularity of 'Lovers' increases, Namgoong Min is emerging as a likely winner of the grand prize. Namgoong Min won the grand prize once at MBC in 2021. He came back in 2023 to save MBC, which was in crisis, and to build it up. It is expected that Namgoong Min will be able to win the grand prize once again through ‘Lovers’.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/29W24OBTJQ

by Lily Alice, October 22, 2023

MBC's My Dearest Part 2 again scored double-digit viewership. Episode 14 achieved average ratings of 11.7% (nationwide) and 10.9% (metropolitan) on October 21. The K-drama is almost halfway through its run, and by the looks of it, My Dearest Part 2 will be on a streak of double-digit viewership. 

Bd0jKV_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 15 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on October 27 (Friday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/strong-girl-namsoon-ranks-on-netflix-s-top-10-list-arthdal-chronicles-hits-low

My Dearest: Episodes 13-14

by alathe

We begin where we left off — but this time, with all the puzzle pieces of previous shots lined up. Crucially, although Gil-chae glances back, she does not see Jang-hyun. And though Jang-hyun catches a glimpse of bright silk, he doesn’t recognize Gil-chae. He just acts. Swinging his bow towards the masked mercenary, he aims — and reconsiders. He shoots the ground before her horse. Just like in the preview from last season, it bucks, and she goes careening to the ground. Jang-hyun slams into her, shielding her from impact.

Gil-chae and the other women race through the fields… only to be met with an inevitable cliff edge. The same hideous choice as ever looms: rape or death. Right before Gil-chae’s disbelieving eyes, woman after woman chooses death. Desperate, she holds out a hand to Jong Jong. Last time, she says, everyone else jumped, but we lived. I’m glad we lived. And if you choose to do so again, I promise to protect you. She extends that same hand to every surviving woman. And yet, when they are dragged back to the market, the first thing that happens is that Jong Jong is ripped from her arms.

Meanwhile, Jang-hyun learns more about his masked frenemy than he bargained for. Back at the palace, a litter goes by, containing the Qing princess, GAK-HWA. And yes, indeed, when she turns to face Jang-hyun, we are met with the flashing eyes of the one, the only Lee Chung-ah — our mercenary. She’s hellbent on charming Jang-hyun with clever conversation, significant glances, and… uh, anecdotes of hunting and torturing his people. They’re pathetic, she opines. I’d rather die than be a captive. Jang-hyun visibly reacts to that — then schools himself. Mildly, he replies that everything in her life has clearly gone to plan. But some things can’t be guaranteed.

And yet, she’s perceptive. She’s witty. She’s well-versed in geography, politics, and the Joseon language. And when she tells Jang-hyun that he must be completely uninterested in her, given most men stutter or can’t look her in the eye — he laughs harder than he’s laughed in years. War atrocities or no, she’s evidently his type. Still, when she leans in to kiss him, he immediately ducks back. Undeterred, she tries again. Gently, he pushes her away. I should order you, she muses, to serve me in bed. If a meager interpreter got involved with the imperial family, he replies, with a pleasant bow, I’d lose my head. Spare this lowly one’s life.

And yet, the next day, he accepts her invitation to hunt — game, thankfully, not people. As they sit by the fire, he admits that she reminds him of someone. A mix of overconfidence and alcohol leads Gak-hwa to open up too: she was married, once. They spent one night together, where he gave all evidence of wanting her sincerely — only to leave her forever. I have no complaints, she remarks, sounding rather like someone who might have one or two. Someday, she’ll be married again, according to the Khan’s will. For now, she intends to drink life to the lees. A woman abandoned Jang-hyun? Well, boo-hoo and all, but she’s different! Still, Jang-hyun remains firm: he could offer his body, but never his heart. Dragging him closer, she slurs halfway through another proposition… before falling asleep on his shoulder.

Meanwhile, in Hanyang, all is chaos, gossip, and paranoia. Previously, Won-moo believed that Gil-chae had left him for Jang-hyun. Now, faced with her bloody note, he sets off, ransom in tow. But there’s a hard limit on his loyalty. On the road, he spends many a sleepless night brooding over what his fellow travelers say: that, if Gil-chae was taken to the slave market, then she will not have escaped with her virtue intact. When he arrives, he learns, to his dawning horror, that the market is precisely where she was taken.

When he returns home, he is alone — and suspiciously cagey about the details. Yeon-joon, who after a long career of letter-writing and pontification seems to have belatedly acquired a spine, won’t settle for platitudes. He petitions the elder who saved him from prison to intervene on Gil-chae’s behalf… receiving, alas, nothing but a polite refusal, unexpected membership of the Sarim party, and the starry-eyed admiration of a dozen scholars. His determination has nothing on Eun-ae’s. She makes it halfway down the street, intent on walking to Shenyang herself. Whilst this comes to nothing, it does set in motion a chain of events. Ryang-eum, overhearing, pledges to do the one thing he’d deemed impossible: return to Jang-hyun. After all, just as Gil-chae’s happiness is necessary to Jang-hyun’s existence — Jang-hyun’s is necessary to his.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/my-dearest-episodes-13-14/

20231024175449_My-Dearest-1.jpg?s=900x60

5 Heart-Wrenching Moments In Episodes 13-14 Of “My Dearest” That Had Us In Tears

Oct 25, 2023
by shalini

My Dearest” continues to pull hearts out of our chests this week as we lead up to the most painful reunion imaginable. Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) has yearned for Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) despite knowing that she’s Goo Won Moo’s (Ji Seung Hyun’s) wife now. His only consolation is his hope that she’s happier this way without him. But little does he know that she’s been dragged into a hell she hoped never to witness, and only he has the power to get her out.

Here are five heart-wrenching moments from last week’s episodes:

Spoilers for episodes 3-4 below.
Warning: mentions of sexual assault and violence.

1. Goo Won Moo abandons Gil Chae

Goo Won Moo continues to be the worst and proves that he never deserved Gil Chae. She’s seconds from escape with her maid Jong Jong (Park Jong Yeon) when they and the other young women find themselves at the edge of a cliff. The slave hunters are coming to recapture them, and horrifically, many of the women throw themselves off the cliff rather than be captured by the Qing and raped. Jong Jong is about to do the same when Gil Chae begs her not to. She vows to take responsibility for Jong Jong, for all the women still with them. She begs them not to end their lives, and they listen. But they’re captured once more, and Gil Chae is unable to keep her promise as Jong Jong is dragged away and sold to a trader leaving Simyang.

Gil Chae has lost everything. She’s literally hours from being sold to a Qing man and raped. And Goo Won Moo finally reaches the slave market in Simyang. But he’s troubled. He keeps hearing that women who are captured are repeatedly raped by the Qing, and of course, that to him means they’re worthless. So when the slave trader tells Won Moo that Gil Chae has just been sold to a man, Won Moo ditches her then and there. He doesn’t even bother to meet with her. If he had, he would have discovered that Gil Chae had bitten the man’s ear off and was forced to return to the slave market. But Won Moo only ever cared about having a pretty woman to parade around as his wife. And now that she’s been “defiled” in his eyes, he doesn’t care. What a disgusting man.

2. Jang Hyun and Gil Chae’s reunion

namgoong-min-lee-chung-ah.jpg

Jang Hyun’s run into a bit of trouble. The female slaver who has been rivaling him is actually a Qing princess, Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). And she’s very into him. She uses her power to force Jang Hyun into accompanying her on walks and propositions him. At first, she reminds him of Gil Chae, and he laughs the way he hasn’t in a very long time. But the smile slides off his face when he hears the derogatory way she refers to Joseon’s people and its women. She’s never been denied anything her whole life, and it shows. And now that she wants Jang Hyun, he has to think fast to get rid of her.

Jang Hyun’s run into a bit of trouble. The female slaver who has been rivaling him is actually a Qing princess, Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). And she’s very into him. She uses her power to force Jang Hyun into accompanying her on walks and propositions him. At first, she reminds him of Gil Chae, and he laughs the way he hasn’t in a very long time. But the smile slides off his face when he hears the derogatory way she refers to Joseon’s people and its women. She’s never been denied anything her whole life, and it shows. And now that she wants Jang Hyun, he has to think fast to get rid of her.

more

• Like 1

20231026074009_namgoong-min-kim-yoon-woo

Kim Yoon Woo And Namgoong Min Experience Shifts In Emotions In “My Dearest”

Oct 26, 2023
by S. Nam

MBC’s “My Dearest” has unveiled new stills!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

In Part 1, Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) didn’t tell Yoo Gil Chae about whether Lee Jang Hyun was alive, and he lied that Lee Jang Hyun had another lover. Through this, Yoo Gil Chae decided to let go of her feelings for Lee Jang Hyun. Belatedly learning of this, Lee Jang Hyun couldn’t hold back his rage, and he said harsh words to Ryang Eum. Afterwards, Lee Jang Hyun stayed in Simyang while Ryang Eum stayed in Hanyang.

However, in episode 13, Ryang Eum went looking for Lee Jang Hyun to tell him news of Yoo Gil Chae, and eventually, Lee Jang Hyun was about to rescue Yoo Gil Chae due to Ryang Eum’s help.

The newly released stills capture Lee Jang Hyun and Ryang Eum amidst a completely different atmosphere as they face each other late at night. Although Lee Jang Hyun always looked at Ryang Eum with warm affection, his gaze has become cold. Ryang Eum’s gaze also has a firmness that wasn’t there before, raising questions about why their attitudes toward each other have changed.

namgoong-min-5-1.jpeg

kim-yoon-woo-.jpeg

Spoiler

namgoong-min-kim-yoon-woo.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Our drama is a story about what people are willing to do for love. Similar to how Lee Jang Hyun will put his life on the line for Yoo Gil Chae, Ryang Eum can also put everything on the line if it is for Lee Jang Hyun. However, it is even more unfortunate because unlike Lee Jang Hyun, Ryang Eum cannot express his feelings,” asking viewers to anticipate Namgoong Min and Kim Yoon Woo’s acting.

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on October 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622213wpp/kim-yoon-woo-and-namgoong-min-experience-shifts-in-emotions-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Ahn Eun Jin Nurses A Wounded Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Nurses A Wounded Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) risked his own life to save Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), valiantly throwing himself in front of an arrow aimed at her so that he could take the hit instead.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Yoo Gil Chae tenderly nurses the injured Lee Jang Hyun back to health, wiping his sweat and carefully checking his wound. Notably, Yoo Gil Chae is now dressed in clean silk that was presumably given to her by Lee Jang Hyun, having cast aside the dirty clothing she was wearing during their emotional reunion.

Namgoong-Min-6.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-6.jpeg

The “My Dearest” production team teased, “In Episode 15, which airs today, the romance between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will grow even deeper. The more time they spend together, the more their feelings for one another abruptly reveal themselves at unexpected moments. During this process, the two of them will care more for each other’s feelings than their own, treating the other as more precious than themselves.”

They went on, “Above all else, the perfect acting chemistry between Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin will make viewers’ hearts flutter even more. Please look forward to Episode 15 of ‘My Dearest,’ which will trap viewers inside a whirlwind of romance on the small screen for 60 minutes.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on October 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622338wpp/ahn-eun-jin-nurses-a-wounded-namgoong-min-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Kim Yoon Woo Sheds Tears At The Sight Of A Wounded Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Oct 27, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s “My Dearest” has dropped new stills featuring Kim Yoon Woo!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

Previously, Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) went looking for Lee Jang Hyun to tell him news of Yoo Gil Chae, who was taken prisoner in Simyang. Lee Jang Hyun went straight to rescue Gil Chae but got injured as he valiantly threw himself in front of an arrow aimed at Gil Chae so that he could take the hit instead. Although Ryang Eum was the reason Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae had to have a heart-wrenching breakup, the two eventually reunited thanks to Ryang Eum’s help.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture Ryang Eum shedding tears as he holds the hand of Lee Jang Hyun, who collapsed from his injuries.

Kim-Yoon-Woo3.jpeg

Kim-Yoon-Woo2.jpeg

Kim-Yoon-Woo1.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Ryang Eum’s fierce love [for Lee Jang Hyun] is deeply related to the shocking past that Lee Jang Hyun and Ryang Eum went through together. In episode 15, Ryang Eum’s sad past will be revealed. Please stay tuned while paying attention to why Ryang Eum developed feelings for Lee Jang Hyun, with what kind of emotions he watched over Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s love, and what influence he will have on their love in the future.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on October 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622502wpp/kim-yoon-woo-sheds-tears-at-the-sight-of-a-wounded-namgoong-min-in-my-dearest

• Thanks 1