[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

5 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t know if there was a past relationship with that old man but I think Lee Jang Hyun is loyal to his sentiments. He became attacked to him while he spend time in the town.  He pretended that he was annoyed to see them showing affection to one another at that old age but he is a romantic at heart. I don`t think he hates marriage. He seamed frivolous and he has not shown real interest in any woman before because he did not meet the right woman. I wish there wasn`t the destined love story trope in this drama but that`s it. We have it.

I think we need to see more to understand him he is writing to have dark side& heart that he hidden behind the funny act

His refuse to marry  properly linked to the tragedy he lived with his father and mother that we still dont know a lot of , he seem to think that love no matter how deep will go someday and he will only be hurt then that come from watching tragic love in young age

And i think he also afraid that going in marriage road also require him show his  family history something he know no woman  family will accept him for 

But you right he seem to admire the love between the grandpa & grandma making him think that their a love that can last and he never loved anyone or anything before so he was waiting and searching for someone to open his heart 

I think he wasnt joking when he said in ep 1 the woman i search for..and him saying that all the girls he meets where different but all so empty in the inside 

GCH different she full of life that he dont feel, bright when he full of darkness , smart that can understand him, has guts and refuses to live by the social rules , can control others but have innocent heart 

I think he fall for her deeply cause he see all that on her  he was searching for someone totally different from him but smart and strong enough to accept& handle the side he hidden 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nona88 said:

GCH different she full of life that he dont feel, bright when he full of darkness , smart that can understand him, has guts and refuses to live by the social rules , can control others but have innocent heart 

I think he fall for her deeply cause he see all that on her  he was searching for someone totally different from him but smart and strong enough to accept& handle the side he hidden 

Yoo Gil Chae is not a typical girl. Truth to be told, I think no woman behave this way in those times but she makes an interesting fictinal character. Gil Chae is lively and she sticks up as unique among the other girls. Jang Hyun can read people very well. He was right, again, when he said that Yeon Jun could be interested in her but he won`t chose her as his wife because he can`t handle her sparkling personality.

She is brave and resourceful. She has the abilities to lead.  When Eun Ae fainted when seeing blood, she overcame the discomfiort and helped the other maid to give birth. And she actively found solutions to their problem.

I think she will arrived to the royal court. This way, both protagonists will be in the proximity of one another and have plenty adversities to overcome.

• Like 2

My Dearest: Episodes 3-4

by alathe

War is on its way, and all our heroes can do is brace themselves for the oncoming storm. Of course, our heroine has far bigger concerns than the looming threat of invasion and imminent death — namely, stealing her best friend’s boyfriend! If only this actually were her biggest problem…

EPISODES 3-4

Word hits Neunggun-ri like a hurricane: the king in his fortress is besieged by Hong Taiji’s troops. Yeon-joon copes the only way he knows how — with passionate, public speeches. It’s time, he declares, to stand up and fight. Granted, only about 30% of these glorified schoolboys know which way up a sword goes, but Yeon-joon’s words are so stirring that soon every man in the village is clamoring for battle. Or… almost every man. If there’s one thing our hero is loudly uninterested in, it’s dying for a runaway king. And if this wins him the scorn of the entire village, Gil-chae included? No problem. He’ll just flutter his fan and brazen it out.

Still, in private, he wears the grim certainty of someone who knows the true meaning of war. If only he could guarantee Gil-chae did too. But like the rest of the village, she’s caught up in thoughts of heroism and sacrifice. Perhaps a little war propaganda will scare her sensible. The Qing invaders, he declares, are battle machines who eat, drink and breathe murder! Gil-chae cringes, wide-eyed. But she reserves her anxieties for her beloved block of wood, Yeon-joon — there’s still time to convince him not to fight. Or, better yet… convince Eun-ae to convince him!

Yeah, not so much. Eun-ae emerges triumphant and giddy. No, not because she’s persuaded him to stay — because he intends to marry her before he leaves! Never in her vast history of cunning schemes has a Gil-chae gambit backfired so disastrously. Still, even through the haze of heartbreak, our heroine is resolved… by hook, crook, or elaborate emotional manipulation, she’ll win her man. Among her bumbling bevy of suitors is the perfect target: the soulful yet hapless KONG SOON-YAK (Park Jong-wook). If she can convince him to propose to her a little, maybe it’ll spur Yeon-joon to jealousy!

If there’s one thing worse than a Gil-chae plot gone sour, it’s a Gil-chae plot that succeeds without a hitch. He proposes to her a lot. Soon, she finds herself trapped between her best friend, her best friend’s miserably un-stealable boyfriend, and her accidental-on-purpose fiancé, miserably planning a double wedding. By the time Jang-hyun finds her, she’s loudly, defiantly, and with great relish, bawling her eyes out by the swing. This is worse than war! He doesn’t tenderly take her in his arms. At this point, he’s mostly just exasperated. But what he does offer her is a handkerchief — and, against his better judgement, help.

Love makes martyrs of us all. Jang-hyun meets with the village elders, offering them weapons and armor for the coming fight. There’s just one thing he wants as payment. The young men waltzing off to war plan to marry beforehand, heedless of how Joseon’s laws will penalize the widows they’ll leave behind. For the good of all, these marriages must be postponed. Now that’s how you enact a cunning scheme! But when Soon-yak parrots Jang-hyun’s worthy words back to Gil-chae, she’s far to preoccupied with thanking her lucky stars to recognize the rhetoric.

During a stilted midnight rendezvous (safely chaperoned by Jong Jong), she and her mercifully unofficial fiancé exchange farewells — though not before she makes Soon-yak promise to look out for Yeon-joon. As soon as Soon-yak’s back is turned, our hero comes crashing in to merrily ruin the moment! Deliberately crass, he requests a farewell kiss. Gil-chae does not disappoint: with zero qualms, she slaps him. He nods. Good. If you’re caught by invaders, he tells her, suddenly serious — fight back.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/my-dearest-episodes-3-4/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, larus said:

Yoo Gil Chae is not a typical girl. Truth to be told, I think no woman behave this way in those times but she makes an interesting fictinal character. Gil Chae is lively and she sticks up as unique among the other girls. Jang Hyun can read people very well. He was right, again, when he said that Yeon Jun could be interested in her but he won`t chose her as his wife because he can`t handle her sparkling personality.

She is brave and resourceful. She has the abilities to lead.  When Eun Ae fainted when seeing blood, she overcame the discomfiort and helped the other maid to give birth. And she actively found solutions to their problem.

I think she will arrived to the royal court. This way, both protagonists will be in the proximity of one another and have plenty adversities to overcome.

YJ interesting in her but as LJH said he Choice who he can mange & LJH right a man like YJ who wrok all his life to be respectful officer & grow as government workers cant take YGC as wife with her free lifestyle & not care what other say about her even the other man parents didn't want their son to get engaged to her that how olders & their soical see her it just men crazy about her but as wife many thing to think about in that period of time

I hope we dont have to go in road where she again confused of who she really love if LJH show interest in her after everything change 

YGC smiler to LJH  they both say what they think, act different from what social want them to act or believe in,not care if they look crazy to others,  both search for something more then traditional lifestyle rules or marriage  they searching for a real life not the nobel rules life with partner who will love & understand them

They both want what the poor grandpa & grandma have the simple life of someone you love share with you 

YGC said she want to see flower with the person she love in spring , put their foot on stream in summer, drink in winter the wine they made that not a noble lady&man lifestyle that why LJH  was more falling hearing her say that when she could have any man she want & live comfortable she search for love 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nona88 said:

YJ interesting in her but as LJH said he Choice who he can mange & LJH right a man like YJ who wrok all his life to be respectful officer & grow as government workers cant take YGC as wife with her free lifestyle & not care what other say about her even the other man parents didn't want their son to get engaged to her that how olders & their soical see her it just men crazy about her but as wife many thing to think about in that period of time

I hope we dont have to go in road where she again confused of who she really love if LJH show interest in her after everything change 

Yeon Jun is unterested in Gil Chae because she is not the woman to be ignored. Everyoone has noticed her but Yeon Jun loves Eun ae. I think he did the right thing chosing Eun Ae. They are perfect for each other just like Gil Chae is perfect for Jang Hyun.

• Like 1

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Finally Find Each Other In The Midst Of War In “My Dearest”

Aug 18, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s “My Dearest” has unveiled new stills ahead of its next broadcast!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin plays Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

Previously in episode 4, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae finally reunited after a long journey amidst the Qing invasion where horrors of war overtook the lives of the people. Their affectionate and yearning gazes at each other made viewers’ hearts flutter.

The newly released stills feature Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae looking at each other in the middle of the night. Although his face is covered up with scars and blood, Jang Hyun’s gaze at Gil Chae is as sweet as ever as if he doesn’t feel the pain anymore.

my-dearest01.jpeg

On the other hand, Gil Chae looks worried about his health while feeling shy at his intense gaze at the same time.

my-dearest02.jpeg

More

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Da In And Lee Hak Joo Have A Heartbreaking Reunion In “My Dearest”

Lee Da In And Lee Hak Joo Have A Heartbreaking Reunion In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared new stills from its upcoming episode!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin plays Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. The drama also stars Lee Hak Joo as Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan, and Lee Da In as Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s closest friend Kyung Eun Ae.

Spoilers

The peaceful village of Neunggeun was hit by the horrors of war. The Neunggeun scholars became volunteer soldiers and took up swords instead of brushes to defend King Injo (Kim Jong Tae), but they were defeated by the Qing army and were cruelly sacrificed. The women hurried to escape, but they were pursued by the brutal Mongolian army.

In the newly released stills, Nam Yeon Joon, who appears to be seriously injured, is walking with the support of another wounded soldier. Nam Yeon Joon became a volunteer soldier for the cause, only to see the horrors of war with his own eyes. His comrades died and he realized how helpless he was. But he stood his ground and pledged that he would protect the king. Viewers can’t help but wonder what happened to Nam Yeon Joon.

lee-hak-joo-my-dearest.jpg

Kyung Eun Ae looks surprised and confused to see Nam Yeon Joon in such a condition. Despite not being officially married to him, she considers herself his wife, evident from her married-woman updo hairstyle. During her attempt to escape from Neunggeun village, Kyung Eun Ae found herself facing a horrifying ordeal.

Thankfully, Yoo Hil Chae intervened and saved her in time. Nevertheless, the incident left a deep impact on Kyung Eun Ae, as she had lived a serene and elegant life in the peaceful village of Neunggeun.

lee-da-in-2.jpg

lee-da-in-1.jpg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “In Episode 5, which airs on August 18, Nam Yeon Joon and Kyung Eun Ae will finally reunite. As each has faced major trials and crises, their reunion will be an outpouring of emotions. Lee Hak Joo and Lee Da In completed the heartbreaking scene with their solid and dramatic performances. We ask for your interest and expectations.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on August 18 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1607681wpp/lee-da-in-and-lee-hak-joo-have-a-heartbreaking-reunion-in-my-dearest

Here are the ratings for Episode 5!:).

“My Dearest” Nearly Doubles Its Ratings As It Surges To New All-Time High

“My Dearest” Nearly Doubles Its Ratings As It Surges To New All-Time High

MBC’s “My Dearest” has pulled ahead of SBS’s “The First Responders 2” with a dramatic rise in viewership!

On August 18, the new historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin soared to its highest ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the fifth episode of “My Dearest” took first place in its time slot with an average nationwide rating of 8.4 percent, marking an impressive jump of 3.2 percent from its previous episode last week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1607945wpp/my-dearest-nearly-doubles-its-ratings-as-it-surges-to-new-all-time-high

• Like 1

I am very pleased with this drama so far. They did a great job with set and make up. There is proper amount of dirt for a time of chaos and none of that super clean and crispy outfit.

During the earlier episodes, I though AEJ did not quite have the look of a Joseon noble. I thought she looked to modern. But now that tragedy has happened and she is trying survive just like any other person, she looked way better. Gil Chae looked younger in rags than in silk, so it is easier for me to believe that she is still a young person. AEJ is doing an awesome job in this drama.

NM is also a gem on the screen. He is so smooth as the scoundrel-like JH you just can't help but fall for him. I do wish they had a different actor for NYJ though. At least someone more younger so that we can believe youth is the reason for his naivete.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 6!:).

“My Dearest” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet As “The Uncanny Counter 2” Drops To All-Time Low

“My Dearest” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet As “The Uncanny Counter 2” Drops To All-Time Low

MBC’s “My Dearest” continues to gain steam!

On August 19, the new historical romance drama hit a new all-time high in viewership for its sixth episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “My Dearest” rose to an average nationwide rating of 8.8 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels and setting a new personal record for the show.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched program to air on Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it climbed to an average rating of 3.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608052wpp/my-dearest-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-the-uncanny-counter-2-drops-to-all-time-low

by Hazel Jung, August 20, 2023
10 8

vXQROB_2f.jpg

Actress Kwon So Hyun, in MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, has captivated viewers' attention with her captivating performance as Bang Du Ne, who is both a close aide to Kyung Eun Ae (played by Lee Da In) and a woman experiencing the challenges of pregnancy and childbirth while seeking refuge.

Spoiler

WP1rQR_2f.jpg

In the 4th episode, Bang Du Ne, along with Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin), Eun Ae (played by Lee Da In), and Jong Jong Yi (played by Park Jeong Yeon), sought refuge but struggled due to her advanced pregnancy. As the situation grew dire, Bang Du Ne experienced labor pains. With the assistance of Gil Chae and Jong Jong Yi, whom she had a strained relationship with, she gave birth to her baby in the mountains.

603oxO_2f.jpg

Despite the challenges of giving birth during their escape, the bond between Bang Du Ne, Gil Chae, Eun Ae, and Jong Jong Yi grew stronger. However, the worsening cold and hunger posed additional challenges. During a critical moment, they met Jang Hyun (played by Namkoong Min), who provided them shelter, a cart, and more. Thanks to his assistance, they named the baby "Dae Bok."

qYkb7z_2f.jpg

In episodes 5 and 6, despite the difficult circumstances, Bang Du Ne's relentless nagging and humorous remarks made viewers smile. She teased Gil Chae and Eun Ae while they prepared food, saying, "Putting wet branches in makes the smoke rise," and even critiqued their taste. Her trademark storm of nagging added vibrancy to the drama. Moreover, as Bang Du Ne and her companions grew tired amidst the ongoing war, Bang Du Ne's plea to let her stop running and take the baby was touching. The help of Gil Chae and Eun Ae led to them boarding a boat, adding curiosity about the unfolding story of how these four people, relying on each other, will progress.

Kwon So Hyun skillfully portrays Bang Du Ne's depth. Her changing expressions, gaze, and actions in perilous situations heightened the drama's immersion, and her relentless nagging brought more fun to the series. Notably, Kwon So Hyun's chemistry with Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Da In, and Park Jung Yeon creates a rich dynamic that captivates viewers and deeply fills the drama.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kwon-so-hyun-becomes-a-scene-stealer-in-my-dearest

by Lily Alice, August 20, 2023
18 7

After rocketing to a nationwide rating of 8.4% (episode 5), the MBC drama My Dearest reached a new height by achieving 8.8% for its sixth episode. The show's average viewership for its third week of airing is 8.6%. My Dearest has four more episodes left in its run. Most likely, the period drama will hit double-digit ratings before Part 1's finale.

kAoOAr_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest?

Episode 7 of My Dearest will air on August 25th (Friday). Stream the K-drama on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-sets-a-new-personal-record-behind-your-touch-other-k-dramas-hit-low

by Hazel Jung, August 20, 2023

Namkoong Min, starring in MBC's Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, secured the top spot in simultaneous viewership ratings with an 8.4% nationwide rating for the 5th episode aired on the 18th. This 5th episode's rating increased by 3.2% compared to the previous episode (Episode 4) with a 5.2% rating. It's the drama's highest and highest rating among all MBC dramas aired until August 18th, 2023.

Furthermore, the drama surpassed the personal highest ratings of MBC's daily dramas aired this year, The Witch's Game (highest rating of 7.3% on Episode 50 on January 2nd) and Meant to Be (highest rating of 5.8% until August 18th, Episode 87 on August 18th). This accomplishment crowns MBC's Friday-Saturday drama as the top-rated terrestrial drama in the same time slot for the first time in over a year since Big Mouth last year.

My Dearest premiered alongside SBS's Friday-Saturday drama The First Responders Season 2 on the 4th. The first episode of My Dearest recorded a 5.4% viewership rating, 1.7% lower than The First Responders Season 2 with a 7.1% rating. In the 4th episode, My Dearest recorded 5.2%, while The First Responders Season 2 garnered 6.0%. The viewership gap between the two works was 0.8%. Although My Dearest couldn't overcome The First Responders Season 2 in competition, it narrowed the viewership gap, building anticipation for a potential turnaround. The 5th episode achieved the highest combined terrestrial, cable, and satellite TV viewership ratings.

Namkoong Min's "box office magic" is once again drawing attention. His potential for winning the Grand Prize at the 2023 MBC Acting Awards has risen rapidly.
E5Yl6p_2f.jpg
Namkoong Min took the lead in last September's SBS drama One Dollar Lawyer and achieved a decisive victory against MBC's drama The Golden Spoon in the same time slot. Having significantly impacted MBC, he's now achieved the same on SBS. This year, he broke free from competition and consecutive wins in SBS's Friday-Saturday dramas. Having successfully led in SBS's Hot Stove League, One Dollar Lawyer, MBC's The Veil, and now My Dearest, he has earned the title of "King of Friday-Saturday Dramas."

Namkoong Min's achievement of leading My Dearest to the top of the time slot ratings is building anticipation for his performance at the 2023 MBC Acting Awards. In 2021, he won the Grand Prize at the MBC Acting Awards for The Veil. While it might be too early to mention the Acting Awards due to the remaining MBC drama lineup in the second half of the year, there's no denying that Namkoong Min has no competitors regarding the viewership ratings that he is leading in My Dearest.

This year's MBC Friday-Saturday drama lineup includes Kokdu: Season of Deity, Joseon Attorney: A Morality, and Numbers, all with the highest ratings in the 4% range. In this context, Namkoong Min's My Dearest achieved ratings in the 8% range. With the situation exceeding the 10% range, Namkoong Min has emerged as the most successful actor of 2023 MBC dramas.

Surpassing Kim Rae Won's lead in The First Responders Season 2, Namkoong Min is a formidable figure in Friday-Saturday dramas. In 2023, whether he will become the lead at the MBC Acting Awards through My Dearest is attracting keen attention.

My Dearest: Episodes 5-6

by alathe

Our OTP has collided with one another in the deadliest of circumstances. It’s not long before war will break them apart again. For a moment, though, there’s room to breathe… and perhaps to re-litigate precisely where our heroine looked when war broke out!

EPISODES 5-6

What do you do when the woman of your dreams calls you “husband” across a battlefield? You mock her mercilessly, of course! Unfortunately, Jang-hyun pokes at Gil-chae’s pride a little too vigorously. Mortified, Gil-chae deals the lowest blow she can muster, claiming she’d mistaken him for Yeon-joon — and, boy, does that one land. Jang-hyun goes sullen and silent. Still, he’s also got some inkling of what it cost her to get this far: her discarded dagger is crusted over with blood. I’m proud of you, he says — dead sincere, and utterly non-judgemental.

The mountainside meetup draws to a close; Jang-hyun and his fellows set off for Mt. Gwanggyo, where the Joseon soldiers seek to rescue the king. It is with grim resignation, and the dawning horror that this is his life now, that Jang-hyun has sworn to prevent Yeon-joon from throwing himself on the Qing army’s swords. It’s no small task. When Yeon-joon’s not passionately monologuing about how proper it is to die for one’s king, he’s squeezing his eyes shut and windmilling his sword about at random. Still, Jang-hyun manages to shield him to the point where the worst he gets is lightly stabbed.

Also suffering because of other people’s idealism? Yeah, that’d be Gil-chae. When your best friend is determined to nurse wounded soldiers, it’s really hard to tell her “I hate manual labor in all forms.” In short, our poor girl is forced to help people, out of the goodness of her own heart, or something equally gross! Still, she’s kind of getting into it. When a boy grips her hand and deliriously calls her mother, she sighs and plays along. Granted, she drops him pretty fast when a new group of soldiers burst into the camp. But it’s the thought that counts.

Jang-hyun’s eyes anchor to her across the crowd. She meets his gaze. Then, she spots the injured Yeon-joon. As she flounces past him without a word, our hero regards her sadly — his own wound dripping, neglected. Oh, my heart. He needn’t worry, though: like a moth to a flame, Gil-chae returns, to yell at him for slacking in his bodyguard duties. Accusations are made. Jondaemal is dropped. Our OTP is gearing up for a truly embarrassing row, right up until Gil-chae spots that Jang-hyun is bleeding — at which point, medical instinct and tightly-repressed feelings kick in. He’d better not slink away before she bandages him! (She’s getting pretty good at this bandaging thing.)

As Jang-hyun watches her leave, the ever-empathetic Eun-ae sneaks in for a quiet word. Gil-chae, she insists, looked at you when news of war broke out. Sunshine breaks across Jang-hyun’s face, because wow has our guy got it bad. When he confronts Gil-chae about it, she gives him a guilty, hand-in-the-cookie-jar glance, and snaps that there’s no law against looking at people. Be that as it may, it’s enough to give Jang-hyun hope.

And so, later, he approaches Gil-chae with a proposal. No, not that kind — not quite. The difference, he declares, between the character for “lover” and “stranger” is one stroke: “some.” Why not spend “some” time together? Get to know one another, decide how they feel… in order words, date? He’s several centuries too early for this kind of talk, and Gil-chae is loudly scandalized. Still, the two keep falling into each other’s orbit. When the women have to cross a stream back to camp, Jang-hyun offers to carry each one over. Gil-chae is last, and deeply disgruntled about it. What’s the difference, she insists, between spending “some” time with me, and all those other women? Scooping her up, Jang-hyun replies, with glorious sincerity: my heart. Gil-chae is stunned. She can’t help but get distracted by the closeness. Despite herself, she reaches out to touch his cheek.

This fragile peace can’t last. Soon, all soldiers are called back for a suicidal last stand. Jang-hyun cringes: dulce et decorum est is so not his style. But who says they have to fight head-on? Under Jang-hyun’s leadership, a small troop are dragged into the Qing camp disguised as corpses, launching a spectacular ambush. For the first time, Joseon carries the day! Alas, hot on the heels of victory comes crushing news: due to lack of supplies, the army is being dismissed. Unfortunately for our reluctant hero, it’s not quite game over. One soldier, a palace eunuch, is adamant that they sneak into the king’s fortress to give news of the recent victory… and guess who gets guilt-tripped into tagging along?

Poor Jang-hyun. Never has a fan-toting smuggler with a heart of gold been forced to suffer quite so many situations. Case in point: he fast becomes embroiled in a royal scheme. The first thing CROWN PRINCE SO-HYUN (Kim Mu-joon) does is fling a tray at Jang-hyun’s head for his lack of deference. As Jang-hyun quietly bleeds, the second thing he does is demand his help. For reasons unknown, the Khan is in Joseon — and they need an expert to figure out why.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/my-dearest-episodes-5-6/

Nam Goong Min and Ahn Jin, are they going to work together? A summary of the popularity factors of sageuk 'Lovers' #YesDrama

By Katherine Lee 2023.08.21

There is a lot of interest in MBC's 'Lovers'. The drama depicts a tender romance between two men and women against the backdrop of the sickly Horan. As the drama unfolds, it is being praised for its solid storyline and the actors' performances. As the reviews continue, the ratings are rising. Its popularity can be seen in the fact that it was recently ranked as the number one drama on Friday with a viewership rating of 8.8% (Nielsen Korea, nationwide).  

#01. Nam Goong-min stimulates women's hearts as the mysterious pure man 'Lee Jang-hyun'

One of the reasons for the popularity of 'Lovers' is the actors' performances, especially Nam Goong-min, who plays the male lead, Lee Jang-hyun. Lee Jang-hyun is a mysterious character who appears to be smooth-talking but hides a sharpness and sadness underneath. It's also worth noting that while he may appear to be a flirt at first glance, he's actually a pure man who only has eyes for one woman. This 'pure man' aspect is evident in many scenes in the drama, such as when he tells Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) firmly, "I'm not interested in anyone else either," after she refuses to evacuate following the outbreak of the plague, or when he smiles when she calls him "Seo Bang-nim" during a close call between life and death. He also shows his heartfelt side when he says, "Come to me" to Yoo Gil-chae after she loses her heart.  

#02. Ahn Eun-jin as an assertive female character in a historical drama set in Byeongjahoran

Ahn Eun-jin, who plays the female protagonist Yoo Gil-chae, is also garnering attention for her solid acting skills and unique characterisation despite this being her first sageuk. With back-to-back hits such as JTBC's "Bad Mother" and this one, she has established herself as the perfect mainstream actress, so many are interested in her performance.

Her character, Yoo Gil-chae, is originally a sweet, foster child who gradually matures as she goes through the war. It's fascinating to see how her character's determination begins to shine through as she's thrown into the maelstrom of war, as opposed to his focus on finding "true love" at the beginning of the film. The fact that she chooses to take a mountain path when she can't get on a boat to escape, or that she erases or reverses her footprints so that the orangutans can't follow her, shows her exceptional situational judgement and ability to take action. As Yoo Gil-chae's performance shows, the fact that such an assertive female character is featured in a historical drama set in the Joseon Dynasty is something that many people are excited to see.

Meanwhile, the tender romance between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae has been accelerating as the drama has progressed. In the latest episode, Lee Jang Hyun risked his life to save Yoo Gil Chae, causing a lot of heartbreak. After infiltrating the enemy army, he found Yoo Gil-chae hiding out with a group of people, but he couldn't approach her because he suspected she had mama (smallpox). As a result, he provokes the enemy soldiers so that Yoo Gil-chae can safely escape from the situation. This can be seen in the scene where he says in Korean, "No one can pass through here anymore," and then starts a desperate fight against dozens of enemies. In the meantime, Yoo Gil-chae and her group are able to escape the area. However, in the process, Yoo Gil-chae realises that it was Lee Jang-hyun who saved her, and the drama ends with her running back to him. Much attention is being paid to what direction their romance will take in the future.

https://www.elle.co.kr/article/79995

• Like 2

The drama getting better everyweek i hope they keep it up i want to see tied written story from the start to the end i missed that since most of show or fall in middle or go crazy last 4 episodes 

This look promising in written side, the acting is good sure so the direction

So us let get a drama that will last in our my minds for years like in the past i missed that kind of kdrama recently 

• Like 1

Namgoong Min Pulls Ahn Eun Jin In For A Kiss On “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min Pulls Ahn Eun Jin In For A Kiss On “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a sneak peek of a romantic moment from its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) managed to rescue Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) when she fell into danger after seeking refuge.

However, he was unable to approach her because he didn’t want to risk infecting her with smallpox, making viewers’ hearts ache as she nearly left without realizing it was Lee Jang Hyun who had saved her life.

At the very end of the episode, though, Yoo Gil Chae suddenly turned back and began running towards the fight when it occurred to her that her unseen savior might have been none other than Lee Jang Hyun.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae are seconds away from a heart-stopping kiss. As they sit across from one another in a green barley field, Lee Jang Hyun tenderly pulls Yoo Gil Chae closer, and the normally brazen Yoo Gil Chae reveals her hidden soft side as her eyes flutter shut in anticipation.

Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpegNamgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-2.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” revealed, “In Episode 7, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will reunite. The two of them will get closer after briefly escaping the cruelty of war.”

They continued, “Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin’s heartache-inducing chemistry will shine brightly [in the upcoming episode]. Please give it lots of interest and anticipation.”

To catch the long-awaited reunion between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on August 25 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1609199wpp/namgoong-min-pulls-ahn-eun-jin-in-for-a-kiss-on-my-dearest

• Like 1

20230825034242_my-dearest-2.jpeg?s=900x65 Historical Events Illustrated In Episodes 5-6 Of “My Dearest” That Had Us Sobbing

Aug 25, 2023
by shalini

My Dearest” promises to be to 2023 what “The Red Sleeve” was to 2021. The dynamic between our not-yet lovers is just so good in the few moments they have together in the middle of war. The show has done a fantastic job of using historical events to facilitate key moments in the characters’ lives in organic, thoughtful, and heart-wrenching ways. Here are five key historical moments from the previous week’s episodes!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 5-6 below.

1. The soldiers of Joseon scattered after a bad defeat

To say that Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo) and his band of scholars have been decimated would be an understatement. They left at least 30 strong and are down to about three. Yeon Joon wanders about, looking for other displaced soldiers to join up with, and within a few days, they have their own ragtag army, one that Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) runs into when leaving to search for other survivors.

Jang Hyun feels defeated at this point. He was elated when Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) called him her “dearest,” a term used by wives to their husbands in Joseon. Despite poking fun at her, he had the biggest smile on his face and was halfway into a speech on how he doesn’t believe in marriage but he could (could what?), but she cuts him off by lying that she mistook him for Yeon Joon and that’s why she said that. And Jang Hyun believes the lie. So, when he runs into Yeon Joon’s “army” headed by General Kim Joon Ryong (Son Kwang Eop), he doesn’t want anything to do with them—until the general announces that the entire army is going to walk into a death trap and “die honorably.” Because that’s so useful. Jang Hyun rolls his eyes and suggests an alternate plan. The invaders always gather and burn their dead because they don’t want their soldiers’ bodies in foreign hands. So Jang Hyun suggests that they disguise themselves as Jin corpses and ambush the enemy. The plan works perfectly, and the Joseon army scores their first victory against the Greater Jin. 

The best path forward is to use that momentum, unite with reinforcements, storm the fortress, and rescue the King. Only, the Jin kill all their reinforcements, and General Kim Joon Ryong’s army has no weapons, arrows, or armor left. So, there’s only one thing they can do.

2. The army of General Kim Joon Ryong disbands

The general tries to sound hopeful, saying that they’ll reconvene when everyone has gotten supplies to made arrowheads so they can fight. But everyone knows the truth: there is no winning this war. Jang Hyun and Yeon Joon return to the makeshift village where Gil Chae and other women are serving as nurses to help the wounded. Jang Hyun has had to expend every inch of his strength to kill the invaders and protect Yeon Joon’s idiot behind because the man truly has no idea what he’s doing. But Yeon Joon gets injured due to idiocy anyway, and Gil Chae takes it out on Jang Hyun. The poor man looks so tired and just leaves when Gil Chae realizes that he’s injured too. And she goes nuts out of concern.

Kyung Eun Ae (Lee Da In) watches Gil Chae fuss over Jang Hyun and gently thanks him, having realized that he kept Yeon Joon safe this whole time. She insists that Gil Chae doesn’t love Yeon Joon the way a woman loves a man (so she knows about Gil Chae’s obsession) but that Gil Chae looked for Jang Hyun immediately after the news that the war broke. Jang Hyun doesn’t really believe Eun Ae but asks Gil Chae anyway, and everything changes for him when she starts stammering and blushing. He finally realizes what Eun Ae already knew: Gil Chae doesn’t know she likes him.

From then on, he takes every chance to be near her. He proposes that they get to know each other without discussing who likes who, and if one of them starts to yearn for the other, then they be honest with each other. Gil Chae huffs and puffs, but she’s really taken with him, and he isn’t shy about it either. He literally looks for every reason to be near her!

3. The Khan’s arrival

Alas, war intrudes once more, and Jang Hyun has to leave Gil Chae. He swears by moonlight that he will find her again, and she hides how heartbroken she is at his departure. He’s forced into protecting Yeon Joon and a court eunuch as they sneak into the fortress the king is walled up in. It’s interesting that everyone in Jang Hyun’s life has the same idea after seeing how skilled he is in languages, warfare, and battle tactics: they want to use him. What’s even worse is that they believe he’s required to lend his body, his mind, and skills for “the good of the King.” King Injo (Kim Jong Tae) and Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Mu Jun) genuinely believe that they are worth more than anyone in the country and therefore lives must be laid down in their service. Jang Hyun thinks that a load of hooey.

more

Morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1603528wpp/5-historical-events-illustrated-in-episodes-5-6-of-my-dearest-that-had-us-sobbing

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7!:).

“My Dearest” Ratings Soar Into Double Digits For New All-Time High

“My Dearest” Ratings Soar Into Double Digits For New All-Time High

MBC’s “My Dearest” continues to draw new viewers!

On August 25, the popular historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin climbed to its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “My Dearest” broke into the double digits with an average nationwide rating of 10.6 percent, marking a jump of nearly 2 percent from its previous episode last week.

Not only did “My Dearest” take first place in its time slot across all channels, but it was also the most-watched program in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it rose to an average rating of 3.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1609419wpp/my-dearest-ratings-soar-into-double-digits-for-new-all-time-high