[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

Spoiler

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Finally Confess Their Hidden Feelings In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Finally Confess Their Hidden Feelings In “My Dearest”

At long last, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin will open up to one another about their feelings on MBC’s “My Dearest”!

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” viewers were heartbroken to see Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) part ways once again after finally being reunited. In order to save the prisoners of war from Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah)’s jealous wrath, Lee Jang Hyun was forced to push Yoo Gil Chae away with words he did not mean, and she ultimately returned to Joseon while he stayed behind in Shenyang.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the star-crossed lovers are once again reunited in Hanyang, where Yoo Gil Chae previously asked her husband for a divorce.

In the photos, both Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae get emotional as they relive the past while listening to Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo)’s skillful singing. The last time the pair listened to Ryang Eum’s singing together, before the Qing invasion, the disguished Yoo Gil Chae was unable to hide her delight at being touched by his song—and Lee Jang Hyun was utterly taken by her visible innocence and passion.

While much has changed in the difficult years since, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s love for one another has only grown stronger, and as the two get lost in the precious memory evoked by Ryang Eum’s voice, the depth of their feelings becomes clearer to both of them.

Namgoong-Min-1.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-1.jpegKim-Yoon-Woo.jpeg

According to the “My Dearest” production team, the couple will finally get honest with one another about their emotions after finding their way back to one another in Hanyang.

“In Episode 17, which airs today, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will once again be caught up in a powerful whirlwind of fate after reuniting in Hanyang,” they said. “As a result, the two of them will reveal the sincere feelings that they were unable to confess in Shenyang.”

“How far will Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae be able to go for love, and what will they be willing to do for the person they love?” they continued. “We hope that you’ll focus on these questions while tuning in.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624133wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-finally-confess-their-hidden-feelings-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Nam Gung MinX An Jin 'Lovers', no additional filming even if extended...run to the end

2023110314061749951_1.jpg

MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (written by Hwang Jin-young, directed by Kim Seong-yong) plans to run until the end.

According to Star News coverage on the November 4th, there are no plans for additional filming even if 'Lovers' extends the season. Currently, ‘Lovers’ is progressing so quickly that it can be said that it is ‘live filming.’ In particular, there is a saying among those involved in the drama that filming will end with the end of the series. However, as there is already a filming plan planned, no additional filming for the extended episode will be conducted.

'Lovers' is a human history melodrama that deals with the love between lovers and the vitality of the people as they go through the Manchu War. Nam Goong Min, Ahn Eun-jin, Lee Hak-ju, Lee Da-in, etc. appear. When it first aired, the viewership rating was 5.4%, but it surpassed 10% through word of mouth. Despite being divided into parts 1 and 2, ‘Lovers’ continues to maintain high viewership ratings.

Recently, terrestrial dramas have been on the decline. In particular, TV dramas are in jeopardy with the elimination of Wednesday-Thursday drama series. Among these, 'Lovers' is maintaining its pride as a terrestrial drama by consistently maintaining viewership ratings and topicality. As a result, it is said that even though it is a busy filming location, the entire staff, including the main actors, do not lose morale and maintain a friendly atmosphere.

Previously, MBC said about considering the extension of the broadcast of 'Lovers', "Due to the popularity of the drama, we are positively discussing the extension, and we are adjusting the programming plan by slightly delaying the scheduled end date." Attention is being paid to what kind of developments the actors who work hard for 'Lovers' viewers will show in the future.

Meanwhile, 'Lovers' airs every Friday and Saturday at 9:50 PM.

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2023110314061749951

20231104113028_Namgoong-Min-12-1.jpeg?s=Namgoong Min Charms With His Unwavering Love In “My Dearest”

Nov 4, 2023
by S. Nam

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared another glimpse of Namgoong Min!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and swept the top spots on rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors for three consecutive weeks.

Spoilers

Since the premiere of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun captivated viewers’ hearts with his pure-hearted love for Yoo Gil Chae. Despite Yoo Gil Chae rejecting Lee Jang Hyun due to difficult circumstances, Lee Jang Hyun continued to love Yoo Gil Chae and only wished for her happiness, even putting his own life on the line for her.

Ahead of the broadcast of episode 17, the production team teased that Lee Jang Hyun will once again captivate with his charisma. Previously, Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah) threatened Lee Jang Hyun with the lives of countless Joseon prisoners of war due to her jealousy. Eventually, Lee Jang Hyun bid farewell to Yoo Gil Chae, who returned to Hanyang and asked Goo Won Moo (Ji Seung Hyun) for a divorce. With the upcoming episode previewing the reunion between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, viewers are curious to see how Lee Jang Hyun will once again impress viewers.

namgoong-min-11.jpeg

The production team shared, “In today’s broadcast of episode 17, Lee Jang Hyun will return to Hanyang and meet Yoo Gil Chae. The hearts of the two who reunite remain unchanged and may even start a more powerful love. In this process, Lee Jang Hyun opens up about the sincere feelings within his heart with words that no one can say easily. Lee Jang Hyun’s sincerity immediately seizes Yoo Gil Chae’s heart tightly.”

Namgoong-Min-12.jpeg

They continued, “[This] could be said to be a very important scene in which Lee Jang Hyun’s charms explode. As always, actor Namgoong Min perfectly depicted Lee Jang Hyun’s charms and Lee Jang Hyun’s unwavering love for Yoo Gil Chae through his great and passionate acting. All the production team were in awe at the filming set,” asking viewers to anticipate the upcoming episode.

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on November 4 at 9:50 p.m.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624163wpp/namgoong-min-charms-with-his-unwavering-love-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

How many episodes are there expected right now?

Initially where 20 episodes in two parts (10 ep part 1 and 10 ep. part 2). So we`ll have just 4 episodes left. If they will make an extention, I don`t think it will be more than 2 episodes.

Spoiler

In the story, Jang-Hyun came back to Joseon along with Crown Prince. There will be some good moments for our couple but Jang Hyun`s destiny is tied with the crown prince `s destiny. And we know that not long after Crown Prince So Hyun comes back he died mysteriously and the persecution of people close to him will begin.

• Like 1

It will be more or less like "The Red Sleeve", which was extended by 1 more episode.

I predict they will follow suit to make sure it will end at Episode 21, when the ratings will typically be higher. Or they may extend to 2 more episodes and air a 2-hour finale on Saturday (18 November 2023).

• Like 2

Ahn Eun-jin confesses to losing her fidelity...Namgoong Min's kiss "How much did it hurt?" ('Lovers') [Oh!Sen Comprehensive]

WRPOVTLJEGQOJPZKXHYKFGXGGI.jpg

‘Lovers’ Namgoong Min and Ahn Eunjin confessed their love for each other.

In episode 17 of the MBC Friday-Saturday drama ‘Lovers’ (planned by Hong Seok-woo, directed by Kim Seong-yong, Cheon Soo-jin, written by Hwang Jin-young), which aired on the 4th, Yoo Gil-chae, who returned to Joseon and divorced Koo Won-moo (played by Ji Seung-hyun), was shown standing up alone. Lee Jang-hyeon (Namgoong Min) decides to remain in the Qing Dynasty at the urging of Gak-hwa (Lee Cheong-ah).

Yu Gil-chae's divorce was absolutely arbitrary. He did not admit that it was his fault for the shame of returning after being insulted by barbarians. However, the only reason for her divorce was because she confirmed her true feelings for Lee Jang-hyun.

However, Yu Gil-chae had no intention of visiting Lee Jang-hyeon. First of all, Lee Jang-hyeon was tied to the Qing Dynasty, and she had to live well according to Lee Jang-hyeon's instructions.

more

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?5221071

by Lily Alice, November 4, 2023
9 13

MBC has left the door open on the possibility of extension and additional shooting for My Dearest.

On November 4, a news site stated that My Dearest, which is currently in extension talks, did not intend to hold any extra shoots even if the drama was extended.

In response, MBC issued an official statement, saying, "The decision to hold further shooting for our Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest depends on whether the drama is extended. If it is decided that the drama will be extended, additional shooting may happen, so it is difficult to state that no additional shooting will take place. There is currently the possibility of additional shoots [for the drama]."

Furthermore, they emphasized, "As previously notified, we are positively considering the extension of My Dearest. Many people are thinking of a one-episode extension due to the programming schedule for the drama after [My Dearest], but a two-episode extension can also happen."

It was also clarified, "Although there is some urgency in shooting the latter part of the work for the sake of the completeness of the project, it is not being rushed like a live broadcast. Both the production team and the cast are putting in their best efforts to complete the latter part of My Dearest."

"The decision on additional shooting ultimately depends on whether the drama will be extended and the number of additional episodes. If the show is extended, additional shooting will naturally happen," the statement said. 

vXOABD_2f.png

https://mydramalist.com/article/mbc-considers-drama-extension-and-additional-shooting-for-my-dearest

Here are the ratings for Episode 17 (Part 2)! :).

“Castaway Diva” And “My Dearest” Part 2 Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Castaway Diva” And “My Dearest” Part 2 Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Both tvN’s “Castaway Diva” and MBC’s “My Dearest” Part 2 soared to new heights last night!

On November 4, viewership ratings for “My Dearest” soared into the double digits, reaching a new all-time high for Part 2. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the hit historical romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 11.4 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched program of the entire day among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624241wpp/castaway-diva-and-my-dearest-part-2-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

by Lily Alice, November 5, 2023

MBC's My Dearest Part 2 postponed the broadcast of episode 17 from November 3 to November 4 due to the KBO League postseason playoff game 4. Episode 17 scored 11.4%, a slight decline from its previous rating of 12%. Nevertheless, the K-drama maintained its streak of double-digit ratings. 

0w0EL4_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 18 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on November 10 (Friday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/castaway-diva-achieves-its-best-ever-ratings-my-dearest-part-2-goes-steady

My Dearest: Episode 17

by alathe

Being a divorced woman in Joseon is no picnic. Our heroine has plenty more trials ahead, but damned if she won’t rise to them, whilst adopting a dozen orphans along the way! Meanwhile, our hero’s been backed into a political corner… but the new regime has more surprises in store.

EPISODE 17

After Gil-chae’s mic drop last episode, Won-moo is finally out of the picture. But that picture’s far from perfect. Tarred by the scandal of divorce, Gil-chae and Jong Jong have little choice but to leave home. After a tearful goodbye to Eun-ae, they set up shop in a far humbler neighborhood, with the clothes on their back and a box of luxury daggers. Luckily, Gil-chae still has contact details for a royal concubine, a sharp-witted woman who appreciates the value of a hidden weapon… and a decent sales pitch.

Gil-chae’s not the only one in dire straits. At the village well, she encounters a woman with a familiar face, poised to jump. It’s the fellow captive she once talked away from the edge of a cliff. She barely escaped with her life, only to immediately be cast out by her family. Calmly, Gil-chae inquires if she at least wants to eat before she dies. One meal later, and their new friend is a permanent fixture in their band of outcasts — in addition to half the neighborhood orphans.

Meanwhile, Jang-hyun goes on passive-aggressive pseudo-dates with Gak-hwa, and steadfastly tries to keep hating her. This is harder some times than others. When she makes him laugh, for instance. When she sulks about losing a board game. But all bets are off when she gets scheme-y. This time, she challenges him to archery, though you’d have thought they’d both had enough of arrows to last a lifetime. Gak-hwa declares, in her calm, unreadable manner, that if he loses, he must stay with her forever. Jang-hyun picks up his bow, draws an arrow… and aims it directly at her face. I’m a merchant, he says. I pay people back. And I ought to repay the selfish, evil, foolish girl who shot me.

Bold words. But in the end, he lets the arrow fly wide. Worse, he lets slip something he shouldn’t — that he’s angry for thinking of her so much. Turns out, he can’t even resent her in peace, especially when her position is so precarious. For now, the prince-regent respects her, but his courtiers are another story; they smugly anticipate her being sold off to another husband. At this, her eyes flash murder. Her hand even strays to her dagger. Still, she knows it’s futile. Jang-hyun tells her to pay no heed; after all, no matter what they say, she remains herself. What, she laughs — evil, foolish, and selfish? This time, when she drags him into a kiss, there’s a significant pause before he pushes her away.

Elsewhere, the crown prince receives the best news he’s heard in a long while: he’s going home. The entire court rejoices. Yang-chun looks like he’s going to burst into tears when he gets to tell the captives. But what’s good for the court is too good to be true for the commoners; it’s not long before the crown prince dashes their hopes. The ever-paranoid king went ballistic when nobody reported that his son had redeemed more captives. It would be politically inexpedient to keep his promise of sending them home.

Neither Jang-hyun nor Yang-chun can countenance this. And the crown prince might not be the bravest, but he’s far from unsympathetic. To everyone’s relief, Yang-chun decides to stay until a solution is found. Jang-hyun, meanwhile, promises to lobby the royals in Joseon. But this, of course, necessitates a conversation with Gak-hwa. Precisely how unwisely Jang-hyun extricates himself is left unclear. All we know is that he tells her he’ll stay, if she wishes… but he does have one request. Next thing we know, he’s making his way for the border. All his friends are overjoyed at the thought of seeing their homeland. However, as far as he’s concerned, the only home he’s ever had is one person — and he’s making a beeline for her.

As the displaced Joseon court approach the palace, Gil-chae watches the procession without hope. She thinks, despondently, of Jang-hyun and his princess. But then, Jong Jong points excitedly to Goo Jam, and the very dashing figure beside him, and suddenly she’s scrambling to hide her face from the man who, against all odds, came back for her. Sure, she’s delighted to see him. It’s just — things are complicated. She told him she’d return home in pomp and circumstance, and now she’s a penniless divorcee running an unofficial orphanage on the grubbiest street in Hanyang!

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/my-dearest-episode-17/

20231109030214_21-episode.jpeg?s=900x600

My Dearest” Confirms 1-Episode Extension

Nov 9, 2023
by S. Kim

My Dearest” will be extended with one more episode!

On November 9, MBC’s popular Friday-Saturday drama “My Dearest” officially announced a one-episode extension.

A representative of MBC shared, “We carefully reviewed the broadcast extension of ‘My Dearest,’ which is receiving lots of love, and made the final decision to extend it for one episode. We will put more effort into important scenes in the second half to improve the quality of the production and story. As the decision was made to properly portray the deepened love story of Jang Hyun and Gil Chae as well as the story of the prisoners’ return, please show lots of interest and love until the end.”

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and took the top spot on the ranking of the most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks.

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST. 

Spoiler

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Fall More Deeply In Love After Their Reunion In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Fall More Deeply In Love After Their Reunion In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and took the top spot on the ranking of the most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks.

Spoilers

The newly released stills reveal Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae exchanging happy gazes. In the stills, the two face each other on the road, and Lee Jang Hyun has his gaze fixed on on Yoo Gil Chae. Lee Jang Hyun’s gaze is full of sweet affection. Meanwhile, Yoo Gil Chae looks shy as she sees of Lee Jang Hyun, creating a picturesque scene.

ahn-eun-jin-15.jpegnamgoong-min-115.jpeg

In the last image, Lee Jang Hyun wears a heart-fluttering smile that conveys his deep love for Yoo Gil Chae, raising anticipation for the next episode.

namgoong-min-17.jpeg

The production team shared, “In the November 10 broadcast of episode 18, the story that takes place after Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae confirm their sincere feelings for one another will unfold. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for the moment of happiness enjoyed to the fullest by Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, who no longer have to hide their feelings for one another, and the deep and beautiful acting skills as well as chemistry between the two actors Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST. MBC also announced earlier today that “My Dearest” will receive a one-episode extension.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625298wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-fall-more-deeply-in-love-after-their-reunion-in-my-dearest

by Lily Alice, November 9, 2023
2 0

MBC has confirmed the extension of My Dearest Part 2

This exciting news means that viewers can look forward to one more episode of the heart-wrenching story of Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin.

MBC announced on November 9 that they carefully deliberated the decision to extend the broadcast of My Dearest Part 2. And they have ultimately decided to air one additional episode. 

MBC stated, "We will put even more effort into the important scenes in the second half to enhance the quality of the production and story."

Regarding the decision to extend the broadcast, it said, "As it is a decision made to properly depict the deepened love story of Jang Hyun and Gil Chae and the story of the captives' return, we ask for your interest and love until the end."

2wxvlP_2f.png

My Dearest Part 2, which premiered on October 13, continues to maintain the top spot in viewership ratings in its time slot. The K-drama is among the most buzzworthy shows of the last quarter of 2023. 

Episode 8 of the My Dearest Part 2 will premiere tomorrow (November 10th). 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/mbc-confirms-my-dearest-part-2-extension