[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

July 6 2023

Teaser trailer for MBC drama “My Dearest”

My_Dearest-tpSM1.jpeg

Teaser trailer added for MBC drama series “My Dearest” starring Namkoong Min & Ahn Eun-Jin. The drama series is set during the Joseon period in the 17th century and features a love story during a turbulent time. The teaser trailer has Namkoong Min stating at the 12 second mark “What they want most is for the King of Joseon to bow his head himself” and at the 27 second mark “I swear to the moonlight. This time, wherever you are, I will go to meet you.”

“My Dearest” first airs August 4, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Set during a Joseon period where people went through severe hardship due to the Qing invasion (Jan. 3, 1637 to Feb. 24, 1637). A love story blooms during that time.

Lee Jang-Hyun (Namkoong Min) is a mysterious man who suddenly appears in society circles. He appears to be a cheerful person, but in fact he is not. He is a complex person with a deep and dark secret that he can’t reveal to anyone. A woman named Yoo Gil-Chae (Ahn Eun-Jin) appears in front of him and his life changes. Yoo Gil-Chae is the daughter of noble a family. She is a lovely woman, brimming with confidence. While experiencing the upheaval caused by the Qing invasion and falling in love with Lee Jang-Hyun, she grows as a person.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-mbc-drama-my-dearest

• Like 1

Namgoong-min and Ahn Eun-jin'Lovers', part-zero broadcast "MBC's first"

d863870d-8933-4919-853a-bd8cc53e63ce.jpg

'Lovers', starring actors Namgoong-min and Ahn Eun-jin, will be aired in two parts.

MBC presents a new Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' as a part system. Each part consists of 10 episodes. Part 1 of 'Lovers' will be broadcast for the first time on the 4th of next month, and Part 2 will visit viewers in October. 'Lovers' is the first time that MBC has released a part-zero drama from planning.

'Lovers' is a human historical melodrama about the love of lovers and the life force of the people who pass each other through the Byeongja Horan. A total of 20 episodes were planned. Writer Hwang Jin-young, who was loved by viewers through 'The Emperor's Daughter, Baek Sukhyang' and 'Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People', and director Kim Seong-yong, who proved his powerful directing skills with 'Black Sun', collaborated with Namgoong-min and Ahn Eun-jin. I was cast as this male and female protagonist.

'Lovers' declared a part-time broadcast and attracted viewers' attention. An MBC official said, "'Lovers' is a work planned for 20 episodes, and production started with the part system in mind from the beginning. In addition to terrestrial, comprehensive, cable, and OTT dramas, more than 160 dramas were produced in Korea last year alone. Amidst the flood of dramas, not only the story of the drama itself, but also deciding the episode for immersive viewing has become a very important production factor." In addition, he said, "In order to show our drama 'Lovers' more attractively to viewers in line with the changing content consumption behavior of viewers, we decided to divide it into 2 parts with 10 episodes each."

Director Kim Seong-yong, who was in charge of directing, also said, "Through the part system, we expect to be able to tell viewers more solidly the stories of people suffering during the Byeongjahoran and the stories of lovers who seem to reach each other in it. Here, Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong-min) and The unusual space and upheaval of characters that Yu Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) shows as she travels back and forth between Joseon and Qing will be another viewing point for 'Lovers' parts 1 and 2." At the same time, he hinted, "The last episode of Part 1, where the lives of the male and female protagonists change dramatically, will give viewers a deep lingering feeling while waiting for Part 2."

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2023070614360003678

I wanted to watch this drama when it was airing but I hate the splitting in two parts thing. The only consolatoion is that the second part will be aired this year also.

• Like 1

by lo_ve & Hazel Jung, July 6, 2023
5 4

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest (written by Hwang Jin Young and directed by Kim Sung Yong) unveiled a teaser video.

QJnED2_2f.jpg

On July 6, it was officially confirmed that the historical romance K-drama My Dearest will be released as a part system. The first part will premiere on August 4 and the second part of the K-drama will be released in October. 

The upcoming series will be led by Namkoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, and Kim Seo An

My Dearest is a period historical melodrama that portrays the love of a couple torn apart set during during the Qing invasion . It is a major project that brings together Hwang Jin Young, the writer who crafted unbeatable historical dramas such as The King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang, and Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, and director Kim Sung Yong, who previously helmed The Veil. It also features reliable actors such as Namkoong Min (as Lee Jang Hyun), Ahn Eun Jin (as Yoo Gil Chae), Lee Hak Joo (as Nam Yeon Jun), and Lee Da In (as Kyung Eun Hae), promising the birth of a masterpiece that follows the MBC's tradition of high-quality historical dramas.

RB274z_2f.jpg

The video begins with the sorrowful gaze of Lee Jang Hyun. The screen then alternates between the lovely appearance of Yoo Gil Chae, who exchanges glances with Lee Jang Hyun. However, their peace is soon shattered, and the turmoil of war is hinted at. Lee Jang Hyun displays a solid presence, saying, "What they want the most is for the king of Joseon to bow down," revealing his firm determination.

The screen is soon filled with the horrors of war. Yoo Gil Chae and Kyung Eun Hae flee with slender bodies, Nam Yeon Jun fighting fiercely against the enemy as a full-fledged warrior. In an unpredictable war, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae cross paths again after a long journey. As their eyes meet, intense emotions arise, and Lee Jang Hyun's heartbreaking narration is heard, saying, "I vow under the moonlight. Wherever you are, I will come to see you this time." The teaser video concludes with a poignant atmosphere.

The video captivates with its powerful portrayal of the grimness of war and brings the viewer into the immersive love story of the main characters, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, who seem close yet distant.

Namkoong Min's acting was outstanding. Through the action scenes of war, he proved his prowess as a "reliable actor" and showcased the weight of a historical drama and the heart-wrenching gaze of a melodrama. Ahn Eun Jin, too, was captivated by her dramatic transformation, starting from a clear appearance before the war to displaying strength after the outbreak of the war. Lee Hak Joo's powerful presence and Lee Da In's deepened expressiveness also left a strong impression.

My Dearest will have a total of 20 episodes. The first 10 episodes will officially be included in the first part. The first episode will air on August 4 at 9:50 PM KST. It will be part of MBC's Friday and Saturday K-drama timeslot. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-namkoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-s-heartbreaking-teaser-released

• Like 1

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Upcoming Historical Drama Confirmed To Be Released In 2 Parts

Jul 6, 2023
by M. Lim

20230705092325_lovers-900%C3%97600.jpg?s

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” (previously known as “Lovers”) will be divided into two parts!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) who has declared that he will not marry and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

On July 6, a representative from MBC stated, “Consisting of 20 episodes, ‘My Dearest’ is a project that we had originally planned to release in multiple parts even before we started production. In the last year alone, across all channels such as terrestrial, cable, and OTT, Korea has produced more than 160 dramas. In the midst of this flood of content, on top of the story of the drama itself, deciding the number of episodes of a drama has also become a very important factor in production in order to allow viewers to be more immersed in the drama.”

The representative added, “In line with the changing content consumption behavior of viewers, we decided to broadcast our drama ‘My Dearest’ in two parts with 10 episodes each to present it more attractively to viewers.”

The director of “My Dearest” Kim Sung Yong, further commented, “I think we’ll be able to better convey the stories of people and lovers that suffer during wartime through this two-part system. The fact that Part 1 and Part 2 will divide Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin)’s story through the Joseon dynasty and the Qing dynasty and portray different sceneries and rapid transformation of various characters will also be a key point to anticipate from the drama.”

Lastly, the director hinted, “In particular, the last episode of Part 1, which will show dramatic changes in the lives of the male and female lead, will surely keep viewers on the edge of their seats as they wait for Part 2.”

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST for a total of 10 episodes. Part 2 will be released in October.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598814wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-upcoming-historical-drama-confirmed-to-be-released-in-2-parts

• Like 1

MBC’s My Dearest: Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin share intense chemistry in first poster

MBC released the first teaser poster for the upcoming sageuk drama (historical drama) My Dearest starring Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin and others! Read ahead to know more.

Written by Anoushka Mathew

1115152744_mydearest.jpg

The most anticipated drama for the second half of 2023, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, will premiere on August 4. The melodrama My Dearest is set in history and is about the love of certain people and the life they share. Another MBC historical drama is on the way, according to the creators of The Peak, The Emperor's Daughter, Baek Hyang and The Rebel. as well as director Kim Sung Yong of The Veil.

In the midst of all of this, on July 5, the first poster for My Dearest was finally released. It features Namgoong Min, who plays Lee Jang Hyun, and Ahn Eun Jin, who plays Yoo Gil Chae, facing each other against a seascape. Lee Jang Hyun and Yu Gil Chae fall in love in the middle of a war in the drama. The teaser poster clearly shows that the two are quite far apart. Still, the image of two people staring at each other is so beautiful that it breaks your heart. Despite the fact that the poster captures the moment and the composition does not show the actors' eyes or facial expressions, the lines on the poster say 'Lover who missed and loved so much' emphasizes such a heartfelt emotional line. This has fans curious and eager to see how the sad love story will be portrayed in this drama My Dearest.

In this regard, My Dearest's production team stated that the four main characters, Nam Goong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo (Nam Yeon Joon), Lee Da In (Kyung Eun Ae), and all of the actors and crew look forward to the day they meet with viewers, do their best, and film everything. The team is looking forward to Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin's delicate and elegant performances in the heartfelt love story that is expected to win over fans in the second half of 2023.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/mbcs-my-dearest-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-share-intense-chemistry-in-first-poster-1228773

https://koalasplayground.com/2023/07/07/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-find-love-in-war-torn-joseon-chaos-in-first-teaser-for-mbc-sageuk-my-dearest/

On 7/6/2023 at 9:59 PM, rocher22 said:

Not sure if this is NGM's first historical drama. 

I did not watch all his dramas but I don`t think he has done a sageuk before.

14 hours ago, larus said:

I did not watch all his dramas but I don`t think he has done a sageuk before

I was wrong. He did a sageuk . Hur Jun, the Original Story (2013) but he was the second lead actor.

• Like 1

Namgoong Min Is A Mysterious Stranger Hiding A Painful Secret In New Romance Drama With Ahn Eun Jin

Namgoong Min Is A Mysterious Stranger Hiding A Painful Secret In New Romance Drama With Ahn Eun Jin

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” (also known as “Lovers”) has shared a sneak peek of Namgoong Min in his starring role!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

On July 10, MBC released new stills of Namgoong Min in his role as Lee Jang Hyun, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in Neunggeun Village’s high society one day. Although he boasts a mischievous, playful charm on the surface, he is a complex character who is hiding a dark secret that he can’t tell anyone.

Having experienced unimaginable tragedy in his life, the jaded Lee Jang Hyun no longer feels love, and he has never sincerely given his heart to anyone or anything. However, his life is changed forever when he gets to know Yoo Gil Chae, who is the opposite of him in every way.

Namgoong-Min.jpegNamgoong-Min-2.jpeg

Praising Namgoong Min’s performance, the producers of “My Dearest” recalled, “From the very first shoot, Namgoong Min was the very essence of Lee Jang Hyun, a man whom you can’t help but be drawn to. Not only did he exhibit great focus and an ability to instantly disappear into his character, but his charisma and leadership were flawless as well. It was impossible not to see why Namgoong Min is such a trusted actor and why he’s one of Korea’s greatest actors.”

“Viewers will also fall for Namgoong Min’s acting and charm,” they continued. “Please give [our drama] lots of interest and anticipation.”

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599410wpp/namgoong-min-is-a-mysterious-stranger-hiding-a-painful-secret-in-new-romance-drama-with-ahn-eun-jin

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, July 10, 2023

eYw7yE_2f.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday K-Drama My Dearest (written by Hwang Jin Young, directed by Kim Sung Yong and Cheon Soo Jin), which will premiere on August 4th, is a historical melodrama that depicts the love of a couple and the vitality of the people amidst a period of chaos.

At the center of the fervent interest and anticipation for My Dearest is none other than the actor, Namkoong Min who would bring life to the character of Lee Jang Hyun. The actor is well-known for his talent in acting, and undeniable presence in peaks of ratings and popularity. Namkoong Min returns to the historical genre after ten years, showcasing his melodramatic acting skills in this project, which has been a long time coming.

On July 10th, the My Dearest production team released the first still cuts featuring the male lead, Namkoong Min. In the photos, Namkoong Min gazes at someone while his eyes flutter. Despite not revealing any specific context, Namkoong Min captivates viewers with his poignant and tender emotions conveyed solely through his gaze and facial expressions. Viewers are left curious about who receives Namkoong Min's tender gaze and what deep and heart-wrenching love he will portray in My Dearest.

0wx6Z7_2f.png

In My Dearest, Namkoong Min takes on the role of Lee Jang Hyun, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in the social circles of the privileged. Lee Jang Hyun is a complex character with a natural mischievousness and darkness within him that he keeps concealed from others. Having never loved anything or anyone, Lee Jang Hyun unexpectedly opens the door to a fateful encounter after meeting a certain woman.

0wxW4E_2f.jpg

According to the production team, Lee Jang Hyun, the male lead in My Dearest, is a character who possesses intellectual beauty, masculinity, mystery, and a pure heart toward the woman he loves. This captivating character is expected to showcase Namkoong Min's irreplaceable acting skills and powerful allure, creating the utmost charm when they collide.

Regarding Namkoong Min's performance, the production team of My Dearest stated, "From the very first shoot, Namkoong Min perfectly embodied the irresistibly captivating man, Lee Jang Hyun. His focus, immersion, charisma, and leadership towards the project were flawless. It was impossible not to realize why Namkoong Min is a trustworthy and exceptional actor, one of  the best in South Korea. We are certain that viewers will also fall for Namkoong Min's acting and charm. We ask for your continued interest and anticipation."

An epic love story awaits with MBC’s My Dearest

by stroopwafel

20230705092325_lovers-900%C3%97600.jpg?s

The first teaser for My Dearest (previously Lovers) has dropped and it features lead actors Namgoong Min (One Dollar Lawyer) and Ahn Eun-jin (The Good Bad Mother).

The melo sageuk is set during the Joseon era, during the 1636 Qing Invasion of Korea. The invasion was an important historical event for the country, with lingering political and social impacts for Joseon. The drama’s story will follow both the romance that ties our leads together but also the lives of commoners as they strive to survive.

There are few details on Namgoong Min’s character Lee Jang-hyun, but it’s clear from the teaser that he plays a pivotal military role. Ahn Eun-jin will play his beloved, Yoo Gil-chae. Lee Hak-joo (Shadow Detective) has been cast in a supporting role and judging from the glimpse we get of him in the teaser, he’ll also be fighting for Joseon on the battlefield. Rounding out the main cast is Lee Da-in (Alice) as a woman named Kyung Eun-ae.

The teaser begins with a look at the lives of Jang-hyun and Gil-chae during what seems to be a time of peace. They’re wearing beautiful hanbok and they even attend a big, joyful celebration. But the sun-dappled happiness quickly turns to devastation, with dead villagers and soldiers strewn across the ground.

In voiceover, a man asks desperately, “Have they truly given up on [the fortress] Namhansanseong?” A Qing leader stands atop the walls of a military encampment and his gaze passes across the mountain fortress.

From there, we switch to the king seated in front of rows of ministers with their heads bowed. Jang-hyun darkly states, “What they want is for the king of Joseon to bow his head to them.” Scenes of utter devastation roll across the screen as Jang-hyun continues, “I’ll have to kill these bastards.”

Gil-chae, now dressed in humble, plain clothing seems shocked as she encounters a weary, blood-splattered Jang-hyun. Copy across the screen flashes by: “A love that was thrown into the flames of war.” While Jang-hyun throws himself into battle, Gil-chae helps people flee to safety. Her desperate screams for everyone to run overlap with another sentence onscreen: “Lovers whose paths nearly cross yet cannot reunite.” Even if fate conspires to keep them apart, Jang-hyun is ready to create a way forward for love. He tells her, “I swear by this moonlight, this time wherever you are, I swear I will go to you.” As the teaser ends, the two lovers are reunited in darkness, with Jang-hyun kneeling before Gil-chae.

It’s Namgoong Min’s first sageuk in 10 years and I can’t wait to see what he brings to the genre. Even when a drama is less than compelling, Namgoong Min always brings something to his roles that keeps me watching straight to the very end. Although Ahn Eun-jin’s role was relatively small, I also enjoyed her in the horror sageuk Kingdom so I’m looking forward to seeing their chemistry together.

The drama will have a team of two directors, Kim Sung-yong, the main PD for Namgoong Min’s previous hit drama The Veil, and Chun Soo-jin who was assistant director for The Veil. Scripts will be penned by Hwang Jin-young (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People).

MBC is also getting the season-itis that’s sweeping through dramaland, and My Dearest will air in two parts with Season 1 (10 episodes) premiering on August 4 in the Friday-Saturday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/an-epic-love-story-awaits-with-mbcs-my-dearest/

Watch: A War Throws Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Lives Into Turmoil In Teaser For New Historical Drama

Watch: A War Throws Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Lives Into Turmoil In Teaser For New Historical Drama

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” (also known as “Lovers”) has released its first teaser!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The teaser begins with Lee Jang Hyun’s sad eyes, then cuts to the beautiful Yoo Gil Chae doing embroidery. Next, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae are seen together in the midst of people celebrating in the snow. However, it is hinted that peace will soon be shattered and a whirlwind of war will erupt as Lee Jang Hyun says with a commanding presence, “What they want most is for the king of Joseon to bow his head.”

Soon, the screen is filled with the horrors of war. Yoo Gil Chae and Kyung Eun Ae (Lee Da In) are seen escaping through the snow, and Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo), who is covered in blood, is captured desperately fighting against the enemy soldiers.

Viewers are then given a glimpse of the sad love story to come, with Lee Jang Hyun’s eyes full of emotion as he and Yoo Gil Chae turn around and face each other in a precarious war situation. The teaser concludes with Lee Jang Hyun’s heart-wrenching words: “I swear by the moonlight. This time, no matter where you are, I will definitely go to meet you.”

Check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599655wpp/watch-a-war-throws-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-lives-into-turmoil-in-teaser-for-new-historical-drama

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, July 11, 2023
9 2

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, which will premiere on August 4th, is a human historical melodrama that portrays the love of lovers who become separated amid the turmoil of war and the vitality of the people. The drama brings together writer Hwang Jin Young, known for The King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang, and Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, and director Kim Sung Yong, who worked on The Veil and marks Namkoong Min's return to the historical genre after ten years, creating high anticipation.

BdrXxz_2f.jpg

Ahn Eun Jin takes on the role of the female lead, Yoo Gil Chae, in My Dearest. Yoo Gil Chae, a child from a well-raised noble family, gradually matures as she sincerely mourns a man amidst the ravages of war. Ahn Eun Jin, who has risen to become one of the hottest actors in 2023 with her solid acting skills and irreplaceable charm, garners attention for the kind of performance she will deliver in My Dearest and the melodious chemistry she will display with her co-star Namkoong Min (playing the role of Lee Jang Hyun).

d0OpYD_2f.jpg

Amidst this, the production team of My Dearest finally released the first still of Ahn Eun Jin on the July 11th. In the photo, Ahn Eun Jin is in the mountains on a day when white snowflakes are falling. Despite wearing thick clothing and earmuffs to protect against the cold, her gaze as she looks at the snow reflects innocence. In another photo, she wears a somewhat tense expression, hinting at a potentially gripping situation. Her innocent yet lovely charm leaves a strong impression.

eYwORe_2f.jpg

Above all, attention is focused on Ahn Eun Jin's transformation. In 2023, Ahn Eun Jin gained great love through her role in The Good Bad Mother, proving her mature acting skills. As a result, there is considerable interest in her next project. Choosing the long-running historical drama My Dearest, she continues her special journey as one of the hottest actors in 2023. Her passion and enthusiasm for growth as an actress are evident. As delicate emotions fill every expression she makes, there are high expectations for her stable and graceful performance in the historical drama.

Regarding this, the production team of My Dearest stated, "Yoo Gil Chae undergoes the most dramatic transformation in the drama. It may not be an easy challenge for the actress. Ahn Eun Jin perfectly embodies the lively and charming Yoo Gil Chae from the first shoot. We could see how diligently she worked and prepared. We ask for great expectations for Ahn Eun Jin's active role, as she transitions from the 'most anticipated actress' to the 'trusted actress' through My Dearest."

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-ahn-eun-jin-reveals-innocent-beauty-in-the-first-still

Spoiler

Ahn Eun Jin Is Changed By War And Her Love For Namgoong Min In New Romance Drama

Ahn Eun Jin Is Changed By War And Her Love For Namgoong Min In New Romance Drama

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” (also known as “Lovers”) has shared a new glimpse of Ahn Eun Jin in character!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Born to a high-ranking family, Yoo Gil Chae enjoyed every advantage growing up, and she tends to be a bit conceited. However, after suffering through wartime and falling in love with one man, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Yoo Gil Chae appears to be heading somewhere in the snow. Despite the beauty of the wintery landscape, the determined look in Yoo Gil Chae’s eyes hints at the urgency of the situation as she walks alone.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-2.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-2-1.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” commented, “Yoo Gil Chae is the character who goes through the most dramatic transformation in the drama. That’s how difficult of a challenge the role is for an actor.”

Praising Ahn Eun Jin’s masterful acting, they continued, “From the very first shoot, Ahn Eun Jin perfectly captured Yoo Gil Chae’s sly and frosty charm. We could see just how hard she’d worked and prepared. Please look forward to Ahn Eun Jin’s performance in ‘My Dearest,’ which will take her from ‘actress to keep an eye on’ to ‘trusted actress.'”

Ahn-Eun-Jin-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600000wpp/ahn-eun-jin-is-changed-by-war-and-her-love-for-namgoong-min-in-new-romance-drama

Lee Hak Joo Is A Scholar Loyal To His Country In Upcoming Historical Drama “My Dearest”

Jul 12, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has shared new stills featuring Lee Hak Joo!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. Lee Hak Joo will transform into Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan.

In the newly released stills, Nam Yeon Joon wears a muted color hanbok (Korean traditional clothes) and gat (Korean traditional hat for men) from which viewers can feel his gentle yet determined and upright personality as a scholar.

lee-hak-joo-01.jpeg

Nam Yeon Joon, who has long wanted to prove his loyalty to the country, jumps into the war without hesitation when the Qing invasion of Joseon breaks out.

lee-hak-joo-02.jpeg

lee-hak-joo-03.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600133wpp/lee-hak-joo-is-a-scholar-loyal-to-his-country-in-upcoming-historical-drama-my-dearest