[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

News bites: July 11, 2023

by tccolb

In the meantime, MBC takes us back to the Joseon-era with My Dearest, releasing new character stills of our fated pair: Namgoong Min (One Dollar Lawyer) and Ahn Eun-jin (The Good Bad Mother). Also starring Lee Hak-joo (Shadow Detective), and Lee Da-in (Alice), the sageuk romance premieres on August 4, following Numbers in the weekend slot. [MBC (1), (2)]

e2e03962-525e-4d00-991c-0dd57f29d6f6.jpg

747c3785-41b8-43b3-920e-cee168740caf.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-11-2023/

Spoiler

Lee Hak Joo Is A Scholar Loyal To His Country In Upcoming Historical Drama “My Dearest”

Lee Hak Joo Is A Scholar Loyal To His Country In Upcoming Historical Drama “My Dearest”

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has shared new stills featuring Lee Hak Joo!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. Lee Hak Joo will transform into Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan.

In the newly released stills, Nam Yeon Joon wears a muted color hanbok (Korean traditional clothes) and gat (Korean traditional hat for men) from which viewers can feel his gentle yet determined and upright personality as a scholar.

lee-hak-joo-01.jpeg

Nam Yeon Joon, who has long wanted to prove his loyalty to the country, jumps into the war without hesitation when the Qing invasion of Joseon breaks out.

lee-hak-joo-02.jpeglee-hak-joo-03.jpeg

“My Dearest” premieres on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600133wpp/lee-hak-joo-is-a-scholar-loyal-to-his-country-in-upcoming-historical-drama-my-dearest

by Hazel Jung, July 13, 2023

E57dVW_2f.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest, set to premiere on August 4th, depicts the love between two lovers who face conflicts during a chaotic period and the vitality of the people. It is a human historical melodrama that explores the theme of love amidst upheaval.

Previously, the production team of My Dearest generated excitement by sequentially releasing stills featuring NamKoong Min as Lee Jang Hyun exuding a melodramatic gaze, Yoo Gil Chae as the innocent An Eun Jin amidst fluttering snow, and Lee Hak Joo's steel announcing his challenge in a genuine historical drama. Continuing this pattern, the production team unveiled the still of the fourth main character, Lee Da In, who will lead My Dearest, on July 13th.

Z87Ey7_2f.jpg

In the drama, Lee Da In portrays the character of Kyung Eun Hae, Nam Yeon Jun's fiancée, and Yoo Gil Chae's closest friend. Kyung Eun Hae is a wise and compassionate woman who sees the brighter side of the world and possesses a different strength and charm compared to the mischievous and spirited Yoo Gil Chae. Lee Da In's stable acting skills and refined appearance are expected to perfectly harmonize with Kyung Eun Hae's character in the historical drama My Dearest.

In the released still on July 13th, Lee Da In gazes somewhere with profound eyes filled with many emotions. Even now, the tender emotions the character feels are distinctly conveyed. Furthermore, curiosity is piqued as to what Lee Da In's character is so wistfully looking at with such poignant eyes. Moreover, her elegant hanbok attire, clear flawless skin, and delicate and innocent charm elicit admiration.

Regarding this, the production team of My Dearest stated, "Lee Da In's portrayal of Kyung Eun Hae embodies a character who possesses both gentleness and strength. From the first shoot, Lee Da In perfectly embodied Kyung Eun Hae, including her speech, expressions, and appearance. Not only that, she showcased her deepened acting skills, instilling trust in the production team. We were amazed, thinking, 'Lee Da In fits a historical drama perfectly.' We kindly ask for your continued interest in Lee Da In's portrayal of Kyung Eun Hae in My Dearest, as she dons the custom-made attire and shines brightly."

'Lovers' production machine revealed... Namgoong-min·Ahn Eun-jin·Lee Hak-joo·Da-in, a record of three intense seasons

A masterpiece that continues the lineage of MBC's luxury historical dramas is coming.

On August 4th, MBC's new gilt drama 'Lovers' will be broadcast for the first time. 'Lovers' is a human history melodrama about the love of lovers and the vitality of the people who pass each other through the Byeongja Horan. Writer Hwang Jin-young of "The Emperor's Daughter, Baek Su-hyang" and "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" and director Kim Seong-yong of "Black Sun" became one of the most anticipated works in the second half of 2023.

Previously, the production team of “Lovers” gathered hot topics by showing the sad love between male and female protagonists Namgoong-min (Lee Jang-hyun) and Ahn Eun-jin (Yoo Gil-chae) through a teaser poster, and the overwhelming scale, story, and powerful performances of the actors through the first teaser video. In the midst of this, on July 11th, the making of 'Lovers': The Beginning video was released.

Lovers’ production story: The Beginning video begins with the first filming site in the cold of the winter of 2022. Kim Seong-yong says, “It’s too cold,” but his face is full of smiles. Actors such as Namkoong-min, Ahn Eun-jin, Lee Hak-joo (Nam Yeon-jun), and Da-in (Kyung Eun-ae) also enjoy filming in the cold. Namgoong Min even admired the filming on set and said, “You look so cool.”

This is followed by brief interviews with the actors. Namgoong-min said, “The image reflected on the screen is new,” and Ahn Eun-jin said, “It seems that I have had time to adapt and become more and more relaxed.” Lee Hak-joo said, “I want to fully convey the liveliness and fun,” and Da-in Da-in says, “Everyone is overflowing with fighting spirit.” You can feel the confidence and affection for the 'lover' through the actors' every word.

https://isplus.com/article/view/isp202307110026

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Worlds Are Turned Upside Down By Love In Upcoming Romance Drama

Jul 14, 2023
by E. Cha

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” (also known as “Lovers”) has unveiled a glimpse of the chemistry between its two leads!

“My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae stand together in the falling snow as they look off into the distance together. Without so much as holding hands, the couple conveys the depth of their feelings and heartache through the sorrowful expressions in their eyes, which hint at the heart-wrenching love story that will unfold for the two star-crossed lovers.

Namgoong-Min-1.jpeg

Ahn-Eun-Jin-4.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” commented, “In the story, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin will share a love that is so strong and special that it turns their entire lives upside down in a whirlwind. As this is a drama with a strong romance element, the chemistry between the male and female leads is extremely important, and Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin’s acting teamwork and chemistry is beyond flawless.”

They went on, “Not only does Namgoong Min boast outstanding acting skills, but he also takes the lead on set with his caring, thoughtful consideration of Ahn Eun Jin. Ahn Eun Jin also creates top-notch chemistry with Namgoong Min through her intense hard work and passion. Please look forward to the heartbreaking love story that the two actors will depict in ‘My Dearest.'”

Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600587wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-worlds-are-turned-upside-down-by-love-in-upcoming-romance-drama

Lee Da In Is Lee Hak Joo’s Compassionate Fiancée In Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

Jul 14, 2023

20230713114329_lee-da-in-900%C3%97600.jp

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” (also known as “Lovers”) has released stills of Lee Da In!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Lee Da In will star as Kyung Eun Ae, Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo)’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s closest friend. Kyung Eun Ae is a wise and benevolent woman who sees the bright side of the world. Despite going through many ups and downs in life, she maintains her love and faith in Nam Yeon Joon.

The newly released stills capture Kyung Eun Ae staring off into the distance with deep eyes that seem to hold a lot of emotion, piquing viewers’ curiosity about what she could be staring at with such wistful eyes.

lee-da-in.jpeg

lee-da-in-my-dearest.jpeg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “Kyung Eun Ae, who is played by Lee Da In, is a strong and tender character. From the way she spoke to her facial expressions and her appearance, Lee Da In was Kyung Eun Ae in every way from the very first shoot. She also instilled trust in the production team with the improved depth of her acting skills.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600483wpp/lee-da-in-is-lee-hak-joos-compassionate-fiancee-in-upcoming-drama-my-dearest

by lo_ve, July 17, 2023
4 0

Actress Kwon So Hyun will be added to the cast of the upcoming MBC historical K-drama My Dearest.

On July 17th, it was officially confirmed that Kwon So Hyun is the latest inclusion to cast, working closely with Lee Da In's character. 

This will be the comeback K-drama of the actress after two years. She last starred in the 2021 series The Veil. This will also be her reunion project with Namkoong Min

Kwon So Hyun made her acting debut in 2013. She has starred in several movies and K-dramas. She is known for being part of the works Madonna, Dark Figure of Crime, Miss Baek, Light for the Youth, Sinkhole, Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency, Black Dog, Mine, and more. 

Before she began her acting career in broadcast channels, she was also a star in musicals. She is known for being part of the plays Beautiful Game, Grease, Hairspray, and more.

60ggW2_2f.jpg

My Dearest will tell the romance story between a noblewoman and a mysterious man set in Joseon during the Qing invasion, known in Korean as Byeongja Horan.

The upcoming K-drama will be directed by Kim Sung Yong (The Veil) and the script will be written by Hwang Jin Young (The King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang, and Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People).

It will be led by Namkoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, Lee Da In, and Kim Seo An

Kwon So Hyun will play the role of Bang Du Ne. She is the confidant of Lee Da In's character named Kyung Eun Hae. She is a character who seems to have a cold appearance but in reality, she is a warm person. Amid war, she will stay by Eun Hae's side no matter what. She will showcase a great friendship with Lee Da In's character in the series. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kwon-so-hyun-joins-namkoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-s-historical-k-drama

July 18 2023

Teaser trailer 2 for MBC drama “My Dearest”

My_Dearest-SI01.jpg

Teaser trailer 2 added for MBC drama series “My Dearest” starring Namkoong Min & Ahn Eun-Jin. The romance drama series is set during the Joseon period in the 17th century. Teaser trailer 2 begins with Ahn Eun-Jin asking “Do you remember the first day you saw me?” Meanwhile, above and below are the first still images of Namkoong Min & Ahn Eun-Jin in the drama series.

“My Dearest” first airs August 4, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Set during a Joseon period where people went through severe hardship due to the Qing invasion (Jan. 3, 1637 to Feb. 24, 1637). A love story blooms during that time.

Lee Jang-Hyun (Namkoong Min) is a mysterious man who suddenly appears in society circles. He appears to be a cheerful person, but in fact he is not. He is a complex person with a deep and dark secret that he can’t reveal to anyone. A woman named Yoo Gil-Chae (Ahn Eun-Jin) appears in front of him and his life changes. Yoo Gil-Chae is the daughter of noble a family. She is a lovely woman, brimming with confidence. While experiencing the upheaval caused by the Qing invasion and falling in love with Lee Jang-Hyun, she grows as a person.

My_Dearest-SI02.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-mbc-drama-my-dearest

• Like 2

'Lovers' Namgoong-min·Ahn Eun-jin·Lee Hak-joo·Da-in, a sad love story of four men and women

PS23071800096.jpg

Lovers' Namgoong-min, Ahn Eun-jin, Lee Hak-joo and Lee Da-in are thrown into the weather of war. MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (planned by Hong Seok-woo/directed by Kim Seong-yong, Cheon Su-jin/played by Hwang Jin-young), which will be broadcasted for the first time on August 4, is a human history melodrama about the love of lovers and the vitality of the people who pass each other through the Manchu War. . Writer Hwang Jin-young of 'The Emperor's Daughter, Baek Sukhyang' and 'Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People' and director Kim Seong-yong of 'Black Sun' collaborated.

'Lovers' raises expectations with the meeting of actors who believe and see. First, Namgoong-min (played by Lee Jang-hyun), the best actor recognized by others, returns to historical dramas after 10 years through 'Lovers'. Lee Jang-hyeon, played by Namgoong-min, is the male lead character with 'historic charm', possessing masculinity, intelligence, mystery, and even a pure heart that only looks at one woman.

The only woman who captivated Lee Jang-hyeon's heart is Yoo Gil-chae, played by Ahn Eun-jin (Yoo Gil-chae). She is a snobby and arrogant person who believes that she is the center of the world where she grows up. She is gradually matured as she is thrown into the weather of war after the Byeongja Horan breaks out.

Yoo Gil-chae captivated Lee Jang-hyeon's heart. However, her heart is directed towards her man, Yeon-jun (played by Lee Hak-joo), who is like her opposite. The actor who plays Nam Yeon-jun is Lee Hak-joo, who exudes the best presence by making any work or any character he meets his own. Lee Hak-joo is expected to show a wide spectrum of acting by challenging a full-fledged historical drama through 'Lovers'.

On the other hand, Nam Yeon-joon's heart is touched by her own old affection, Kyung-eun-ae (played by Lee Da-in). Kyung Eun-ae is a wise and benevolent woman who knows how to see the bright side of the world first. Kyung Eun-ae, who is also Gil-chae Yu's best friend, has a different strength from Gil-chae Yu. Lee Da-in is expected to play the character of Kyung Eun-ae with her graceful appearance and deeper acting skills.

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:50 pm on Friday, August 4th.

by Hazel Jung, July 18, 2023

d0zRNK_2f.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest will premiere on August 4th. My Dearest is a historical melodrama that depicts the love between lovers torn apart by war and the vitality of the people.

The public's enthusiastic interest and anticipation for My Dearest revolves around the return of Namkoong Min, the top actor in Korea, to the historical drama genre after ten years. Ahn Eun Jin is the rising star of 2023 with her irreplaceable charm and acting skills. The previously released teaser posters, the first teaser, and the couple shots have captivated viewers' expectations by capturing the poignant emotions of the two characters.

RB0PeR_2f.jpg

Amidst this, the second teaser video for My Dearest was unveiled. The second teaser begins with Lee Jang Hyun (played by Namkoong Min) alone on the beach, his knees on the ground, covered in blood. Then, the voice of Yoo Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin) is heard saying, "Do you remember the day you first saw me?" and Lee Jang Hyun slowly closes his eyes. Subsequently, the screen displays the faint memories of Lee Jang Hyun and the one woman, Yoo Gil Chae, who captured his heart.

Temporarily escaping from happy memories, the turbulent whirlwind of war intertwines with Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, hinting at their love's arduous journey. Yoo Gil Chae runs through mountain trails daily as Lee Jang Hyun earnestly pleads, "If smoke rises over that mountain, you must flee to safety." Shedding tears yet maintaining an unwavering gaze, Yoo Gil Chae solemnly declares, "Today, nothing happened to us." Lee Jang Hyun, drenched in blood, fights relentlessly in the war.

Spoiler

XdZ84O_2f.jpg

At this moment, the subtitle appears: "As it becomes more precarious, a deep love begins." This intensifies the poignancy of the love between the two characters. Then, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae meet once again. Lee Jang-hyun's gaze is tender, gently caressing Yoo Gil Chae's face. Lee Jang Hyun leaves a heartfelt message, saying, "I must never forget this moment we shared today," as he gradually approaches Yoo Gil Chae. The teaser video concludes with the poignant and ambiguous portrayal of the two characters.

Spoiler

jQ0rWv_2f.jpg

The second teaser for My Dearest powerfully and impactfully presents the love between a man and a woman that cannot be torn apart even amid a brutal war, capturing the eyes and hearts of potential viewers. Namkoong Min showcases his heartfelt melodramatic gaze and strong masculinity, captivating the hearts of women. Ahn Eun Jin portrays various aspects of her character, from a delicate and charming appearance to a stronger and more mature demeanor after experiencing the war, increasing the depth of her performance.

Spoiler

E57JY0_2f.jpg

Above all, the intense and heart-wrenching melodramatic chemistry between Namkoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin evokes admiration. From their eye expressions, facial expressions, tone of voice, and even the slightest tremors, they perfectly synchronize their acting, completing scenes that resemble a beautiful painting. Even in the teaser video, the dazzling love between the two characters raises curiosity and anticipation for how it will unfold in the actual drama. MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest will premiere on August 4th at 9:50 PM KST.

https://mydramalist.com/article/namkoong-min-s-heartfelt-feelings-for-ahn-eun-jin-in-my-dearest

Namgoong Min Charms With His Mysterious Gaze And Playful Smile In “My Dearest”

Jul 19, 2023
by S. Kim

20230719092156_My-Dearest-namgoong-min.j

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has shared new stills of Namgoong Min!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The newly released stills feature the contrasting appearances of Lee Jang Hyun, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in Neunggeun Village’s high society one day. Although he boasts a mischievous, playful charm on the surface, he is a complex character who is hiding a dark secret that he can’t tell anyone. Jang Hyun’s deep gaze makes viewers’ hearts flutter, raising anticipation for his romance that will unfold in the future.

namgoong-min-01.jpeg

namgoong-min-02.jpeg

Spoiler

namgoong-min-03.jpeg

The production team praised Namgoong Min’s acting skills, stating, “Lee Jang Hyun is a character with extreme charms. However, it would be meaningless if the actor could not bring out the charms of the character. If it wasn’t for Namgoong Min, Lee Jang Hyun wouldn’t have become such an awesome and special character.”

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601657wpp/namgoong-min-charms-with-his-mysterious-gaze-and-playful-smile-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Spoiler

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, And Lee Da In Go Through Wartime In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, And Lee Da In Go Through Wartime In “My Dearest”

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has released new stills of its main leads!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The released stills show the four main characters of “My Dearest.” In the first still, Namgoong Min, who is starring in a historical drama for the first time in 10 years, is portrayed as the charming Lee Jang Hyun—a masculine, intelligent, and mysterious man who only has eyes for one woman.

namgoong-min-4.jpeg

Next, Ahn Eun Jin is depicted as Yoo Gil Chae, the only woman who has captured Lee Jang Hyun’s heart. Born to a high-ranking family, Yoo Gil Chae enjoyed every advantage growing up, and she tends to be a bit conceited. However, after suffering through wartime and falling in love with one man, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

ahn-eun-jin-5.jpeg

Yoo Gil Chae might have captured Lee Jang Hyun’s heart, but her own heart yearns for Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo), a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan.

lee-hak-joo-1.jpeg

The last still captures Lee Da In as Kyung Eun Ae, Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s best friend. Kyung Eun Ae is a wise and benevolent woman who sees the bright side of the world. Despite going through many ups and downs in life, she maintains her love and faith in Nam Yeon Joon.

Spoiler

lee-da-in-2.jpeg

When the Manchu war breaks out in front of the four characters whose lives are interwinned through a love triangle, some of them voluntarily throw themselves into the war, while others get swept up in the war as fate would have it.

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601701wpp/namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-lee-hak-joo-and-lee-da-in-go-through-wartime-in-my-dearest

Watch: Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Are Star-Crossed Lovers In Teaser For Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

Watch: Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Are Star-Crossed Lovers In Teaser For Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has dropped a new poster and teaser!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The teaser begins with Lee Jang Hyun kneeling alone on the beach covered in blood. At the same time, Yoo Gil Chae’s voice is heard, saying, “Do you remember the day you saw me for the first time?” Jang Hyun, as he slowly closes his eyes, reminisces the time when he lost his heart to Gil Chae.

The happy memories soon turn into the memories of them caught up in the whirlwind of a terrifying war, previewing the long and hard journey that the two will go through. Following Jang Hyun’s advice, “When you see smoke rising over that mountain, make sure you run away,” Yoo Gil Chae runs down the mountain road day and night. When Gil Chae finally reaches Jang Hyun across the field covered in snow, Jang Hyun tells her, “Please don’t ever forget this moment that you are with me today.”

Watch the full teaser below!

Also check out the stunning poster of Yoo Gil Chae and Lee Jang Hyun in the backdrop of a green barley field.

My-Dearest_poster.jpeg

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601883wpp/watch-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-are-star-crossed-lovers-in-teaser-for-upcoming-drama-my-dearest

New casting news! :).

KimTaeHoon confirmed cast for MBC drama MyDearest, he will act as Choi Myung-gil who is a loyalist who prioritizes national interests and never give up his decision with a practical personality.

KimMooJoon confirmed cast for MBC drama MyDearest, he will act as the Crown Prince Sohyeon.

• Like 1