[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! Are you talking about Kwakkie? :scream:

LOL...  Do not worry, Kwakkie is not going anywhere like @xiashenghan hopes.

He gets slapped by his sister though, in the next episode.  Here is Netflix with a preview clip

The drama continues to teeter on the edge of silliness, but I don't mind some fun scenes like that...  The way the dad deadpans -- "Germany, Australia, or Fiji"...  OMG.  Haha :)  :)

The Sandlot 90S GIF

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:24 PM, jayakris said:

A nice 7 minute video with subtitles from Netflix, interviewing the four leads.   Looks like the drama shoot was all done before this interview.

Thanks for sharing this video! :kiss_wink: @sweetroad @agenth @Ameera Ali @kingpin did you already watch it ? It was very nice! :love:

On 4/3/2024 at 7:24 PM, jayakris said:

Kwakkie is really funny!!

Kwakkie is! He is amazing in comedy roles, and he's such a hoot IRL. He was like the only extrovert in Young Actors' Retreat. Him and Hwang In Youp were keeping the lights on in that variety show :D @agenth and I had a lovely time fangirling him.

I would love to see him take on a truly evil role. He's extremely versatile and talented as an actor.

By the way, can anyone let me know if Song Joong Ki and Kwakkie met when SJK was doing the cameo as Vincenzo in Queen of Tears?

The writers/producers would have struck gold if they had let the two meet in Queen of Tears too. They were the most loved couple in Vincenzo:

MV5BYmUwM2Y1MjItM2VjMC00MGFiLWIyY2MtNWYw

SPOILER FOR VINCENZO:

When Kwakkie's character died in the end, it was just too heartbreaking. Vincenzo lost a dongsaeng. :bawling:

Having Vincenzo see a glimpse of Kwakkie's character in Queen of Tears would have been so heartwearming

:fullofhearts:

13 minutes ago, jayakris said:

He gets slapped by his sister though, in the next episode.  Here is Netflix with a preview clip

Ya! :yaaa:

Why is this lady always slapping him around?!?!?!? :kicks:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

SPOILER FOR VINCENZO:

When Kwakkie's character died in the end, it was just too heartbreaking. Vincenzo lost a dongsaeng. :bawling:

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ya! :yaaa:

Why is this lady always slapping him around?!?!?!? :kicks:

@partyon agree

ed0afba6ff316e6422f8609baf630320ee3dffcd.gifv

-----

adding

saturday ost sounds like a bgm for a BED scene while sunday ost sounds like a bgm for a DEATHBED scene. the contrast ijbol.  #QueenOfTears😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, kingpin said:

saturday ost sounds like a bgm for a BED scene while sunday ost sounds like a bgm for a DEATHBED scene. the contrast ijbol.  #QueenOfTears😭

That is the Sunday OST that you said is for a DEATHBED, but you forgot to give the BED-worthy Saturday OST...

Here it is!

That was much better.  I agree, the Sunday one above was depressing!

By the way,  I think the love-locks scene was shot at Frankfurt.  Our male lead is superman.  He can run between Frankfurt and Potsdam (Berlin) in minutes!!  :)

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks!
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

3 Points To Look Forward To In The 2nd Half Of "Queen Of Tears"

“Queen of Tears” has offered a glimpse into its compelling second half!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

As the drama reached its halfway mark, “Queen of Tears” has revealed three intriguing points viewers should anticipate in its upcoming episodes!

Spoilers

Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In: What’s next for their romance?

Despite drifting apart after their marriage, the revelation of Hong Hae In’s terminal illness and her limited time left to live stirred up long-buried emotions between the couple, hinting at a potential shift in their relationship dynamics. However, when Hae In uncovered Hyun Woo’s divorce papers, the couple ultimately decided to separate.

Nevertheless, Hyun Woo continues to worry about her, and Hae In finds herself always thinking about her husband.

Furthermore, with Hae In’s family facing ruin due to the schemes of Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon) and Mo Seul Hee (Lee Mi Sook), the future of the couple remains uncertain. Just as the ground becomes firmer after a downpour, can Hyun Woo and Hae In, still deeply in love with each other, navigate through the crisis and reignite their relationship?

queen-of-tears-0405.jpeg

queen-of-tears-0405-1.jpeg

Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In vs. Yoon Eun Sung, Cheon Da Hye, and Mo Seul Hee: The counterattack begins

Previously, Yoon Eun Sung and Mo Seul Hee successfully seized control of Queens Group, executing a scheme they had been plotting for three decades, leaving Hae In’s family with nothing. Even Cheon Da Hye (Lee Joo Bin), the seemingly devoted wife of Hae In’s younger brother Hong Soo Chul (Kwak Dong Yeon), was revealed to be complicit in their plans, shocking everyone. As the drama exposes the true intentions of these three individuals, anticipation mounts for how Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In will retaliate.

Meanwhile, while Mo Seol Hee is driven solely by her greed for control of Queens Group, Yoon Eun Sung and Cheon Da Hye, who share childhood memories with Hong Hae In and Hong Soo Chul, begin to hesitate about continuing their scheme, casting doubt on the stability of the trio’s alliance.

queen-of-tears-0405-3.jpeg

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-0405-5.jpeg

queen-of-tears-0405-6.jpeg

Meeting of the Queens and Yongduri families

Despite being in-laws, there had been no interaction between the Queens family and the Yongduri family. However, as the Queens family hit rock bottom and Baek Hyun Woo brought them to Yongduri, an uncomfortable encounter between the two households becomes inevitable.

Curiosity arises as to whether the extravagant Queens family, accustomed to their palace-like mansion, can adapt smoothly to the rural simplicity of Yongduri. With both families now sharing the same roof, the dynamics of these unlikely in-laws are poised to captivate.

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-0405-4.jpeg

queen-of-tears-0405-2.jpeg

Catch the next episode of “Queen of Tears” on April 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653336wpp/3-points-to-look-forward-to-in-the-2nd-half-of-queen-of-tears

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

By the way,  I think the love-locks scene was shot at Frankfurt.  Our male lead is superman.  He can run between Frankfurt and Potsdam (Berlin) in minutes!!  :)

Wirklich? :scream: That is some fast running, I say. Impressive to do it without teleportation... :joy:

Run Away GIF

• Blob 2

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won Sleeps Over In Kim Soo Hyun's Room After Their Divorce In

Kim Ji Won Sleeps Over In Kim Soo Hyun's Room After Their Divorce In "Queen Of Tears"

Get ready to see a new side of Kim Soo Hyun on the next episode of “Queen of Tears”!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

Previously on “Queen of Tears,” Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won)’s family had everything stolen from them by Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon) and Mo Seul Hee (Lee Mi Sook), who had been plotting against them for a long time. By the time Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun)—who had always been suspicious of Yoon Eun Sung—caught wind of their scheme, it was too late.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Baek Hyun Woo—who is livid that Yoon Eun Sung did this to Hong Hae In at a time when she needed peace and stability more than ever due to her illness—is ready to fight back on behalf of his ex-wife. With Hong Hae In and everyone else in her family having left Queens Group, Baek Hyun Woo is the only one left at the company to face off against Yoon Eun Sung.

However, in contrast to his earlier behavior, when he never made much of an effort to hide his dislike of Yoon Eun Sung, Baek Hyun Woo is now perfectly polite to the newly appointed chairman, and he even makes playful conversation in front of him.

Wary of this sudden change in Baek Hyun Woo’s demeanor, Yoon Eun Sung coldly sizes up the other man as they share a tense encounter at the company.

Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpegPark-Sung-Hoon.jpeg

Meanwhile, despite their divorced status, Hong Hae In winds up staying in Baek Hyun Woo’s room, a place that holds special memories for the former couple. As they gaze into each other’s eyes, it’s clear that the ex-spouses’ feelings for one another are stronger than ever.

Kim-Ji-Won.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Soo-Hyun-2.jpeg

To find out if Baek Hyun Woo will be able to protect Hong Hae In and get Queens Group back for her, tune in to the next episode of “Queen of Tears” on April 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653379wpp/kim-ji-won-sleeps-over-in-kim-soo-hyuns-room-after-their-divorce-in-queen-of-tears

• Blob 1

Ep 9 is quite entertaining.   I expect Ep 10 to be better.

It is  Show Time for Baek Hyun Woo.   As he fights back for his Ex-Wife and Ex-In Laws.

1) Mo Seul Hee (Step Granny) is a very Cold Woman.  So Cold that she is totally estranged from her only son - Yoon Eun Sung.  And that will lead to their Downfall.  Can't believe she is willing to waste 25 years of her Life just to steal another person's Wealth.

2) The Matchmaker is just a Lap-Dog.  From one Master to another. She thought she will be rewarded by her New Master.   But was rudely shove aside.  After the way she showed her True Colours to her Previous Masters.  The way she planned for the Reporters to shame them, it serves her right. 

3) Hae In's mother is also another Cold Woman.  Cold to Hae In.  Just because she caused her eldest son to drown.  And she is still so damned snobbish.

4) Hong Soo Chul (Hae In's silly brother) is beyond redemption.  Still so devoted to his wife.  I have Zero Sympathy for him.  But I am sure his wife will return to him.  The way he demanded to have Bottled Mineral Water from the Alps.  Hae In is right to give him the Tight Slap on his cheek.

5) Hae In's Aunt.  She is nice.   But I don't like the way she is regretting being nasty to Step-Granny (Her Step-Mom).  She thought that if she has been nicer to her, perhaps she may not treat her father so cruelly.  Fat hopes.   And she is falling-in-love again.

6) Like the way Hae In's secretary pretended not to care about her.   But kept tabs on Hyun Woo for her.

Looking forward to Ep 10.  :blush:

• Like 1

Serious fissures are developing among the bad guys.  The ringleader (mistress madame) is losing everybody from her side.  I didn't expect her son to turn against her so soon.  The story has become a bit more interesting, as the dude seems to actually care for Hae-in.  As for the disgusting matchmaker butler, she deserves everything coming to her.

I love the nice relationship building between Hae-in and her MIL.

Also nice to see that Hae-in figuring out that HyunWoo had met her in high school.

Lots of nice scenes in Ep 9.  The dad getting friendly with the in-law, and drinking makgeolli...

So how did HyunWoo's phone end up with the bad guy??

On 4/5/2024 at 2:17 AM, partyon said:

By the way, can anyone let me know if Song Joong Ki and Kwakkie met when SJK was doing the cameo as Vincenzo in Queen of Tears?

They did not meet. SJK was a hot-shot divorce lawyer who acted for the FL. He left the other lawyers quaking in their shoes since he was reputed to have Mafia ties - which was probably from Vincenzo.

Kwakkie deserved more than a slap since he was mainly responsible for pushing a trillion investment from YES for his besotted Grandfather to approve, despite HW’s legal advice. Even after being abandoned, he is still whining for his wife and ‘their son’.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

20240407022424_Hide-Queen-of-Tears.jpg?s

"Hide" Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + "Queen Of Tears" Kicks Off 2nd Half At No. 1

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Queen of Tears” kicked off the second half of its run as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday. The latest episode of the hit romance drama earned an average nationwide rating of 15.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653428wpp/hide-earns-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet-queen-of-tears-kicks-off-2nd-half-at-no-1

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun Relive Their Past Romance In

Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun Relive Their Past Romance In "Queen Of Tears"

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has shared a glimpse of the changing dynamic between Kim Ji Won and Kim Soo Hyun!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Queen of Tears,” Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) brought all of Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won)’s stranded family members to his quiet hometown of Yongduri, where it was easier for them to escape the public eye.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, there is something undeniably domestic about Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In’s relationship that makes it hard to believe they’re divorced. When Baek Hyun Woo gets ready to go to work at Queens Group, where he is still an employee, Hong Hae In sees him off in the morning—a sweet gesture that is decidedly couple-esque.

Kim-Soo-Hyun-1.jpegKim-Ji-Won-1.jpeg

At another point, Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In share a peaceful moment eating ice cream together outside of the Yongduri supermarket, just as they did back when they were still dating. 

According to the drama’s production team, the ex-spouses will also open up to one another and confess the things they were unable to say during the past three years of their marriage.

Kim-Ji-Won-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Soo-Hyun-2-1.jpegKim-Ji-Won-3.jpegKim-Soo-Hyun-3.jpeg

To find out what the couple has to say to one another—and if they’ll be able to rekindle their romance—catch the next episode of “Queen of Tears” on April 7 at 9:20 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653451wpp/kim-ji-won-and-kim-soo-hyun-relive-their-past-romance-in-queen-of-tears

• Like 2

I enjoyed Ep.10 too.  It was considerably slower than Ep 9 and not a whole lot happened, but the drama kept me engrossed.

Glad to see that Hae-In, in the end, managed to turn the tables on that fellow obsessed with her (I agree with you @ryanallright... It is nothing but obsession; he doesn't actually love her)...  I didn't want to see an extended period of her acting like a noble idiot to save HyunWooo and all that crap.

Kwakkie is still missing his wife and the "not his" son.   Looks like he is going to take up boxing next episode.  Haha :)

The tractor scene with the MIL and DIL was sad...  The connection between them is precious.

What the hell is the matchmaker doing? I think she is still two-timing the two sides.

Ah the irony of a foreign immigrant teaching the Madam farm work!   The Madame is one of the most foolish characters I have seen in KDramas.

So when are we going to see some good news on Hae-in's treatment?  No sign of anything good.  The preview looks really ominous.  I hope they are not taking this to an actual tragic end, matching the name of the drama.   I really hope they won't!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

I wish this is that series where Netflix drops the whole series instead of weekly. The wait is killing me.

And how many episode will there be?

Same , I wished that it was dropped like that. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

And how many episode will there be?

16 episodes as of now, unless they consider any extensions.  The ratings are going through the roof, so maybe they will extend it too.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

20240407235516_Kim-Ji-Won-Kim-Soo-Hyun-2

"Queen Of Tears" Overtakes "Reply 1988" To Become 3rd Highest-Rated Drama In tvN History

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” is now the drama with the third-highest ratings in tvN history!

On April 7, the popular romance drama starring Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won soared to its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Queen of Tears” scored an average nationwide rating of 19.0 percent, making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

Not only did the ratings mark a new personal best for the show, but “Queen of Tears” has now overtaken “Reply 1988” to achieve the third-highest ratings of any tvN drama to date. At present, “Queen of Tears” has only been bested by the smash hits “Crash Landing on You” and “Goblin,” both of which managed to break the 20 percent mark.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653634wpp/queen-of-tears-overtakes-reply-1988-to-become-3rd-highest-rated-drama-in-tvn-history