[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

EVENT: Scrap That Ending - My OTP Should Have Ended Up Together (instead)!

second-lead-syndrome-sls.gif

Which kdramas ended up with the "wrong" couple in the end? Why should YOUR OTP have gotten a happy ending instead?

second-lead-syndrome-sls.gif

Your Event Organizers

• Like 1

these 2 are really making me tear up every week. it might be unrealistic but i really wish for a miracle for hae-in so that she and hyun woo can make up for lost time. 

Spoiler

while absolutely heartbreaking, i guess the real benefit of her anterograde amnesia is that she will only remember her love for hyun woo which makes it that much harder for evil eun sung to try and break them up.

also i'm surprised they revealed the mom and son relationship so early even though it was quite predictable. i don't really get eun sung's motive for wanting to bring down queen's group. resentment for being 'abandoned' by his con woman of a mother seems a bit contrived? shouldn't he be more upset with his mom for putting him in this position as opposed to helping her but then again he's has some psychopathic tendencies (or is one? he could have caused his adoptive parents accident?) so he might not be rational.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun's Relationship Grows Turbulent In

Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun's Relationship Grows Turbulent In "Queen Of Tears"

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

Previously, Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) and Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won) reunited in Germany, and the two began to rebuild their relationship after candidly sharing their honest feelings with each other. However, the peace between the couple was broken after Hong Hae In discovered the divorce papers Baek Hyun Woo prepared, causing Hong Hae In to feel betrayed and angry.

As curiosity builds for the future of the couple, the newly released stills capture Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In amidst a tense conflict both at home and at work. Hong Hae In’s cold anger and Baek Hyun Woo’s cutting remarks will cause the Queens Department Store’s atmosphere to become frigid, resulting in the secretaries to issue a state of emergency in order to put their heads together and resolve the situation.

queen-of-tears-7-.jpgkim-soo-hyun.-1-.jpegkim-ji-won.-1.jpeg

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-5-.jpeg

Furthermore, additional stills portray Baek Hyun Woo’s growing suspicion of Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon), who is plotting to take over Queens Group. However, in order for Yoon Eun Sung to achieve his goals, he has to get rid of Baek Hyun Woo. Eventually, Yoon Eun Sung succeeded in getting Baek Hyun Woo to fall into a trap, causing him to be branded as a traitor by Queens Group.

After returning from Germany to Korea, Baek Hyun Woo will begin his own investigation against Yoon Eun Sung, raising anticipation for how Baek Hyun Woo will resolve the case.

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-qot-1.jpegqueen-of-tears-1.-.jpegkim-soo-hyun-8-.jpegpark-sung-hoon-1-.jpegqueen-of-tears-2-.jpegqueen-of-tears.-3.jpeg

The next episode of “Queen of Tears” will air on March 30 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1652109wpp/kim-ji-won-and-kim-soo-hyuns-relationship-grows-turbulent-in-queen-of-tears

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

20240331011547_Queen-of-Tears-Wonderful-

"Queen Of Tears," "Wonderful World," And "Hide" Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

The weekend drama ratings battle remains as fierce as ever!

On March 30, tvN’s “Queen of Tears” achieved its highest viewership ratings to date for a Saturday (when its ratings are typically lower compared to Sundays). According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the romance drama took first place in its time slot across all channels with an average nationwide rating of 12.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1652161wpp/queen-of-tears-wonderful-world-and-hide-earn-their-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

Song Joong Ki Reunites With Kim Ji Won In

Song Joong Ki Reunites With Kim Ji Won In "Queen Of Tears"

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has shared a sneak peek of Song Joong Ki’s upcoming cameo!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Song Joong Ki—who previously starred together with Kim Ji Won in both “Descendants of the Sun” and “Arthdal Chronicles”—makes his highly-anticipated special appearance while dressed in an elegant suit.

Song-Joong-Ki.jpeg

After filming his cameo, Song Joong Ki remarked, “I came in the hopes of giving strength to the drama, but instead, I think I’m the one who had more fun during filming. Please look forward to [my special appearance in] ‘Queen of Tears.’”

Meanwhile, the drama’s production team commented, “We’re grateful to actor Song Joong Ki, who readily made time to come here in spite of his busy schedule. The set was filled with awe at the charms of actor Song Joong Ki, who has an aura that dominates his entire surroundings even during a brief appearance. He will leave a deep impression [on viewers] through a role that will exceed everyone’s expectations.”

Song-Joong-Ki-2.jpeg

To find out what kind of role Song Joong Ki will play in “Queen of Tears,” catch the next episode on March 31 at 9:20 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1652184wpp/song-joong-ki-reunites-with-kim-ji-won-in-queen-of-tears

The brother just needs to go. He's so damn annoying. Well basically everyone is a trash. The leads need to just go in another planet away from these people.

Antagonist plot armor is going strong. I think I'm going crazy.

I don't know. Just let this damn family fall so they learn their lesson. I doubt they will learn anything anyways.

Edit:

Finally done with the episode. Scenes with Hae-in really makes me cry. Her being stoic but ended up breaking down hits really hard.

Though I'm glad with the family's downfall. It's something they deserve. I don't even feel bad. Just for Hae-in and her aunt.

Now I need to see the antagonists downfall. And no I don't want redemption arc. I'm tired of it. Evil people needs to rot and suffer.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

“Queen Of Tears,

“Queen Of Tears," "Beauty And Mr. Romantic," And "Hide" All Soar To New Ratings Highs

Three dramas climbed to their highest viewership ratings yet last night!

On March 31, tvN’s “Queen of Tears” wrapped up the first half of its run on its highest ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the hit romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 16.1 percent, marking a new all-time high for the series.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1652287wpp/queen-of-tears-beauty-and-mr-romantic-and-hide-all-soar-to-new-ratings-highs

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ryanallright said:

I fully believe that Dahye will switch side soon!!

Agree.  I had predicted it last week; Glad you feel it too.  She is going to switch sides, and bring that stupid brother of Hae-in's to his senses.  I didn't know whether to laugh of cry, seeing Kwakkie learning how to ride a bike.

10 hours ago, Sajeda kh Ahmad said:

How can they be so foolish, it's beyond me.

If the man at the top (the chairman) is totally controlled by a psychopath who has been orchestrating this for 20 years, it can happen.  But yeah, the family people (mainly Hae-in's mom and brother) are unbelievably foolish.  Hae-in's dad may actually be a reasonable guy, and he has been suspicious of things, but he was always a bit weak in doing anything about it.

8 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

Scenes with Hae-in really makes me cry. Her being stoic but ended up breaking down hits really hard.

Oh boy, are those scenes sad!  The way HyunWoo cried when he knew she (feeding the cat) had lost her memory...  The innocent look on her face like "what happened? why are you crying?"... Way too sad.  The leads have been tremendous in the tear-jerking scenes.

8 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

Now I need to see the antagonists downfall. And no I don't want redemption arc. I'm tired of it. Evil people needs to rot and suffer.

Me too!  We need to see the evil gang's downfall.  It is coming though.  It looks like HyunWoo and the Aunt are getting their ducks in a row.  And they have "Conan the destroyer" with them!!!  I love that guy!!!   The lawyer buddy too.  That guy's scenes are always funny.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Haein's aunt is the only one who is logical and smart. Her dad is sort of a weak pushover while the grandfather is easily manipulated. The mother is a snob who is foolish and totally deserved to suffer while the brother is still acting like a brat who need to mature asap.

Meanwhile new poster for 2nd half of the drama.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Shocked 2

On 4/1/2024 at 2:43 PM, ryanallright said:

Haein's aunt is the only one who is logical and smart. Her dad is sort of a weak pushover while the grandfather is easily manipulated. The mother is a snob who is foolish and totally deserved to suffer while the brother is still acting like a brat who need to mature asap.

Exactly.  This is a Family of Stooges.  

1) Hae In's aunt is a kind person.  But she is also acting like a Spoilt Brat.  Her Life is in a total mess with the divorce and all.  None of the 2nd Generation (Chairman's children) are sensible and capable.  That is why they are easily overrun by the scheming woman and his son.

2) The Chairman is already so old.  Why look for a female companion?  He cannot trust any of his children.  But he trusted her.

3) I don't like the trope of the Rich old Patriach always suffering a Lethal Heart-Attack at the most crucial moment.  It has been played out in almost every drama.  Can't the scriptwriter think of a better idea?

4) Hae In is the only sensible & intelligent one.  But with that kind of a family, she also cannot think right sometimes.  I am glad she decided Not to go ahead with the Biz Deal.  But it is already too late.   

5) So silly to believe in "shaman", "match-maker" and that sort of things- in this era. Much less -  to allow these kind of people to have Free Access to your Home and Office.

6) I cannot understand why a "Match-Maker" would want to be involved in all these schemings.

7) As for Hae In's younger brother, to say that "he is still acting like a brat who need to mature asap.", is too "Mild".   I would say he is "Mentally Retarded".

In a Nutshell, this Script is a Comedy itself.  A lot of illogical Loop-Holes.   One cannot watch it with a Sane Mind.   Otherwise, we will go "Insane" like the Casts themselves! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

A nice 7 minute video with subtitles from Netflix, interviewing the four leads.   Looks like the drama shoot was all done before this interview.

Kwakkie is really funny!!

By the way, this seems to be the 1 year old child actor playing the "not his son" role that Kwakkie is talking about  (from this article)

download-2024-04-03T203525.631.jpeg

I assume the cute boy will be there in the coming episodes. Doesn't this mean that we will be seeing a time advance?  We have only seen Geon Woo as a small baby and not this old yet, right?

• Awesome 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:42 PM, xiashenghan said:

The brother just needs to go. He's so damn annoying. Well basically everyone is a trash. The leads need to just go in another planet away from these people.

Omo! Are you talking about Kwakkie? :scream:

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• LOL 1