[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won Enjoy A Second Honeymoon In “Queen Of Tears”

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won Enjoy A Second Honeymoon In “Queen Of Tears”

Love is in the air on tvN’s “Queen of Tears”!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Queen of Tears,” Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won) went to Germany in the hopes of being approved for a new cancer treatment. Although she secretly hoped that Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) would go with her, she hid her feelings under the mask of pretending that she was more comfortable going on her own.

However, once she’d left, Baek Hyun Woo was unable to stop thinking about her, and he ultimately wound up flying to Germany to find her—leading to a romantic reunion at Sanssouci Palace, a place that held special memories from the couple’s honeymoon.

Kim-Soo-Hyun-Kim-Ji-Won-1.jpeg

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Hong Hae In and Baek Hyun Woo enjoy a blissful vacation together in Germany after confessing their feelings for one another. Free from the restraints and stress they faced in Korea as a chaebol heiress and son-in-law, the couple rekindles their romance in a trip reminiscent of their honeymoon from three years ago.

Kim-Soo-Hyun-7.jpegKim-Ji-Won-6.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Soo-Hyun-2-4.jpegKim-Ji-Won-2-3.jpegKim-Soo-Hyun-3-1.jpegKim-Ji-Won-3-1.jpegKim-Ji-Won-Kim-Soo-Hyun-2.jpeg

The next episode of “Queen of Tears” will air on March 24 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1650762wpp/kim-soo-hyun-and-kim-ji-won-enjoy-a-second-honeymoon-in-queen-of-tears

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jayakris said:

Yes she is, but she is not evil or anything.. Just a village-level small-scale manipulator.  That kind of interference in siblings' lives and even making use of them for money and selfish interests are all tolerated and even somewhat accepted in traditional close-knit village families in Korea and elsewhere around the world (not in places like US and Europe, of course).  Many people even think they have a right to make use of their richer siblings like that!  But often they do care for the siblings, and won't push it too far to an evil extent, unlike the higher-society dysfunctional family manipulators.  I am not justifying Hae-in's sister-in-law here.  Just saying that the drama's intention may not be to show her as a bad character, but rather more like a goofy lady for humor purposes.  Most Korean viewers might only take it that way too,  and would not think too much of her selfish manipulative acts, unlike we international viewers!   So don't think that the sister-in-law is going to deliberately do anything too nasty to give trouble to HaeIn and HyeonWoo.

EDIT:  I assumed you were not talking about the other sister-in-law (Kwakkie's wife) - she is more than manipulating Kwakkie.  I think she is evil.

I should have been more clear, I am talking about Soocheol's wife indeed.

The chinese viewers had the theory of her faking her background and she is a former hostess because when they were drinking, she is pouring the alcohol, wiping the table and glass habitually. I do agree with this theory and she is not raised in USA for sure.

Spoiler

After today episode, she is certainly another manipulator and most likely to be working with Eunsung to bring down the Hong & Queen Group. Eunsung & Dahye could be working together while the step-grandmother could be after Queen Group for her benefit instead of working with Eunsung & Dahye.

If Hyunwoo divorce Haein, Hong family & Queen Group will miss him a lot as he is the one with the most clear & logical mind. Tbh, this chaebol family seem to "weak" in reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

The chinese viewers had the theory of her faking her background and she is a former hostess because when they were drinking, she is pouring the alcohol, wiping the table and glass habitually. I do agree with this theory and she is not raised in USA for sure.

Today's episode 6 brought out her early background... She may well have been a hostess earlier, but now clearly part of the gang of four (including the grand stepmother) who have been setting up a grand scam over a period.   But we also saw a small hint today that she *might* switch sides later, as she probably likes Kwakkie and sympathizes with him.

But... Jeez, what an episode it was, today!    Quite a bit of stuff there today, and excrement is about to hit the fan, on a lot of things.   Once again they had a striking final scene.

How will HyeonWoo get out of the elaborate trap now?  I know he will, but it won't be easy!

• Like 1

I guess it's better for the divorce paper to show up sooner than later - I was actually thinking she has the paper but guess he picked it up.

Still pretty smart to have the dashcam recording who visited the tech shop for the footage. So maybe the grandma gave birth the the baby that the brother in law is raising? It's not out of question right if we know there are so many moles in the house it might be possible to fake pregnant belly? 

It is still surprising everything going downhill for the family so quickly and we got 10 more eps to go!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shaselai said:

It is still surprising everything going downhill for the family so quickly and we got 10 more eps to go!

Yeah, I was also surprised that this kind of major trouble to start and come to a head with so fast with so many episodes to go.  I wouldn't want to see the bad people not getting caught and making everything unpleasant for too many episodes.

I don't know if you call if plot armor but whatever the evil people does without a hitch stresses me out and that made me distracted.

I just hope they don't get forgiveness. I'm not buying their so-called sob stories of being an orphan.

• Like 3

-----

They do so much better together when they are away from her family. Which solidifies my belief that they need to be out of that weird separate yet connected house they live in with Hae In’s family.

Without her family around, they are finally able to breathe and communicate. It’s awkward, but they are working on it. It also makes me wonder how much they really talked even before the loss of the baby. 

The reveal of the divorce petition will cause some problems. It is only the 6th episode after all and I guess each episode is really gonna be 90 minutes long. So basically there’s more story to tell. But I wonder how much of a problem it will really be. At the very least, I think it will help that Hyun Woo told her specifically NOT to change her will and to only change it after she got better. If he was truly only after her money, he would agree to have it changed right away.

-------

The white shoe that hyunwoo bought for haein is gone @Ameera Ali Heart Love GIF by RainToMe

adding

Queen of Tears Episode 7 Preview

In the upcoming events, Hae-in will be deeply disappointed upon discovering the divorce papers supposedly created by Hyun-woo. As her frustration mounts, she decides to leave, unaware of the impending danger. Just as she is about to face a potential accident, Hyun-woo will come to her rescue, saving her from harm’s way. Despite his concern for her well-being, Hae-in will insist that Hyun-woo refrain from feigning concern.

Upon their return to Korea, the Hae-in family will confront Hyun-woo, expressing their adamant refusal to accept a divorce and their willingness to forgive the issue of wiretapping. However, they will make it clear that Hyun-woo’s continued employment is contingent upon the preservation of their marital union. The looming threat of dismissal will further compound Hyun-woo’s distress.

Meanwhile, in the village, Hyun-woo’s family will be thrown into a state of panic upon learning about the impending divorce. Feeling the weight of his family’s expectations and the strain of the conflict, Hyun-woo will reluctantly agree to leave the house. However, he will issue a stern warning to Hae-in, cautioning her against any interaction with Eun-sung.

Despite Hyun-woo’s warning, Eun Sung will waste no time in approaching Hae In, harbouring intentions to usurp Hyun-woo’s position in her life. As tensions escalate and alliances shift, the future remains uncertain for all involved parties, with the impending divorce casting a shadow over their relationships and futures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, shaselai said:

So maybe the grandma gave birth the the baby that the brother in law is raising? It's not out of question right if we know there are so many moles in the house it might be possible to fake pregnant belly?

Not the baby that we saw.  The grandma mistress had a child way back before she is supposed to have died, with her old name (in late 1993 as per the Private Investigator's document). She had a child in jail.  That child is now over 30.  It is almost surely Yoon Eun Sung, the villain.  We saw one scene earlier where they both walked past each other and the drama showed that there is some connection there.  She must know that she is his mother (because we saw her being at the orphanage too), but we don't know if Eun Sung knows.

The dad of the baby we saw is not Hae-in's brother Soo Chul, but quite surely Eun Sung.  We saw that he and Soo Chul's wife are really close and have had a longtime relationship, with the cigarette scene today.

• Like 3

This grand plot to take down Hong & Queen Groups has started long time ago and I am surprised that for a chaebol group, their background check on some of the people aren't good at all. LOL

As I mentioned in the previous page, such family will ceased to exist in reality as it is easy to be taken down.

Guess Hyunwoo will be the hero at the end of the day and save his wife and her family by the end of the episode, in fact I could figured out the ending already. LMAO

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 3/24/2024 at 4:27 PM, ryanallright said:

This grand plot to take down Hong & Queen Groups has started long time ago and I am surprised that for a chaebol group, their background check on some of the people aren't good at all. LOL

I swear!  It is shockingly poor background check on so many people.   How the heck did they let their son Soo Chul get married to that woman, who is supposed to be the daughter of an Ivy league professor??   LOL...  It looks like the Masseur-turned-butler lady (Grace) is the one who set that up.  Grace is an integral part of the scheme, but she may not even know that! ...  She did not seem to be too close to Eun Sung to have planned together anything much beforehand, though they had clearly met before, as we saw when she followed the bellboy to find Eun Sung's room at the hotel. Like they were thinking that they are part of somebody else's scheme, or were there to plan something like they were doing it (unaware that somebody else had brought them together).   Then there is the  financial guy with those two, who "retired" and left Hae-in's father, which looked fishy to him.   Actually Hae-in's father seems to have all kinds of suspicions and seems to trust only HyunWoo so far, though he is not showing it much to others in the family... So who brought Eun Sun, Grace, and the finances guy together?  That somebody else is quite clearly the Chairman mistress.  She is the kingpin mastermind...

Tough to believe it, but I can kinda see that if the guy right at the top (the chairman) is totally controlled by the mistress, then this could happen.  Others like Hae-in's dad, Hae-in's aunt, and Hae-in's dad's older brother can all be kept off-balance and misinformed by key people like Butler Grace, the driver (who was calling Hae-in's secretary in Ep 6 with Grace behind him), the finance guy who "retired" etc.  These key people may have produced the right kind of fake background documents to fool the family into believing that Kwakkie's wife is an Ivy Leaue professor's daughter (kept away from limelight, so paparazzi wouldn't get doubts and investigate either; Remember her telling Soo-Chul not to upload any pictures, because his dad/mom wouldn't like it?). 

They all talk about this competing chaebol "Chairman Yeom", whom I think we have never seen.  The family has been duped into believing that another chaebol group is the enemy, as the Chairman keeps believing it -- all thanks to the Mastermind Mistress.  Hae-in's mom is dumb,  Hae-in's paternal uncle has been framed and kept away by the Mistress (remember her lying to Hae-in's dad about his brother?), and Hae-in's aunt is only now beginning to investigate things, as she was too crazy to do anything systematically before.

The mistress, who is an old criminal from early 90s who took on a fake identity, became the chairman's secretary by at least 2000 (the date when the chairman spoke at the orphanage with grand kids Hae-in and Soo-Chul also going with him, when the mistress was sitting in front).  She already had her son Eun Sung at the orphanage, got him the chairman's scholarship to go abroad, and she had identified Soo-Chul's wife (Da Hye) then itself at the orphanage.  She brought in Da-Hye during the last 3 years with the help of matchmaker Grace, who was already planted inside the family.  It must be the Mistress who got the masseur matchmaker to use the shaman story to fool the chairman and his daughter-in-law, because she was internally giving that pillow talk to the chairman, as we saw too.  Brilliant!

All in all, that Mistress "step Grandma" has planned and executed a fantastic long-term plan.  Hae-in falling for Hyun-Woo was the one thing that she did not anticipate and could not stop, and Hyun-Woo will be the one who will thwart her plans in the end (with "good people" with him, like his friend lawyer, Hae-in's secretary Na, and her aunt).  I think Hae-in's dad will be with Hyun-Woo, though quietly...  Most probably Soo-Cheol will join along the way too after some time (and maybe his wife will break ranks with the evil group too).

Buckle up for a ride... 

• Insightful 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 6! :).

“Queen Of Tears,” “Hide,” And “Beauty And Mr. Romantic” All Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Queen Of Tears,” “Hide,” And “Beauty And Mr. Romantic” All Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Three dramas soared to new all-time highs last night!

On March 24, tvN’s “Queen of Tears” achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run thus far. According to Nielsen Korea, the sixth episode of the romance drama starring Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won scored an average nationwide rating of 14.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the hit show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1650922wpp/queen-of-tears-hide-and-beauty-and-mr-romantic-all-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

By the way, it turns out that the guy who acted as the Doctor at the Berlin (Potsdam) hospital, is not an extra or anything.  He is a well-known American-French actor by the name Sebastian Roché...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Roché

Apparently his wife watches KDrama and liked "Crash-landing on you" by the same writer and asked him to act as the doctor.  Interesting.

(I found this from a Korean article -- https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/2343798? )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

By the way, it turns out that the guy who acted as the Doctor at the Berlin (Potsdam) hospital, is not an extra or anything.  He is a well-known American-French actor by the name Sebastian Roché...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Roché

Apparently his wife watches KDrama and liked "Crash-landing on you" by the same writer and asked him to act as the doctor.  Interesting.

(I found this from a Korean article -- https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/2343798? )

I seen him on the soap GH years agol Plus TVD. That is cool.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jayakris said:

Not the baby that we saw.  The grandma mistress had a child way back before she is supposed to have died, with her old name (in late 1993 as per the Private Investigator's document). She had a child in jail.  That child is now over 30.  It is almost surely Yoon Eun Sung, the villain.  We saw one scene earlier where they both walked past each other and the drama showed that there is some connection there.  She must know that she is his mother (because we saw her being at the orphanage too), but we don't know if Eun Sung knows.

The dad of the baby we saw is not Hae-in's brother Soo Chul, but quite surely Eun Sung.  We saw that he and Soo Chul's wife are really close and have had a longtime relationship, with the cigarette scene today.

ah yeah you are right. I got mixed up. But it is still interesting to see all the 4 people conning the family are so close knit in terms of relationships.  But in honestly this family semi-brought it upon themselves for being vain (wanting the H brand in mall) and just let some stranger live with them to curry favors? Idk just so weird. 

• Like 1

Hello to everyone in this thread! I was wondering if anyone knows where I can watch official BTS(behind the scenes). I can only find edited BTS in Youtube. If you know where please send me info... Please?? :sparklyeyes:thanks in advance!

20240326085506_02.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

"Queen Of Tears" Production Company Clarifies Rumors About Kim Soo Hyun's Pay Rate

The production company of “Queen of Tears” has denied the report regarding Kim Soo Hyun’s pay rate.

On March 26, a media outlet reported that Kim Soo Hyun received an pay rate of 800 million won (approximately $596,300) per episode for “Queen of Tears.” If the amount stated in the report is correct, his total pay would be equivalent to nearly one-third of the total production cost of approximately 40 billion won (approximately $29,817,000).

In response to the report, Studio Dragon, the production company of tvN’s “Queen of Tears,” denied the reports, stating, “It is not true at all that his pay rate is 800 million won per episode. It is far from the truth.”

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manages to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

“Queen of Tears” took No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz for the second week in a row. The drama’s latest episode also achieved the highest viewership ratings of 14.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1651249wpp/queen-of-tears-production-company-clarifies-rumors-about-kim-soo-hyuns-pay-rate

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mktgkat said:

Hello to everyone in this thread! I was wondering if anyone knows where I can watch official BTS(behind the scenes). I can only find edited BTS in Youtube. If you know where please send me info... Please?? thanks in advance!

You can go to TVN's official drama site's video clips page - https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/queenoftears/video/?17019  ..

Look for videos with  [메이킹] in the video title.  That is "making", as in making of the drama, BTS...  There are some there, along with a lot of other clips.  The site is extremely slow for me, though.

Here are a couple of BTS clips from there:

https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/queenoftears/video/#clipLayerPopup/426301/눈물의-여왕-6-화

https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/queenoftears/video/#clipLayerPopup/425551/눈물의-여왕-4-화

• Insightful 1