[Drama 2023] Payback/Law Money, 법쩐

larus

On 12/31/2022 at 9:28 AM, sadiesmith said:

According to this article Prime Video will be carrying this drama worldwide although I haven't seen it listed yet.

I don't see it yet, either, on any news sites like this one (Yahoo). Hope there will be some clarity soon, since a lot of people around the world do have Amazon Prime.

On 12/31/2022 at 9:28 AM, sadiesmith said:

In other good news, Dramabeans plans to recap this drama:

Great news. We were sad when they decided not to continue after one episode of Dr Brain.

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

LSK and MCW promoting the drama before presenting an award at the 2022 SBS Award Show:

Thanks for this! I did a search for English subtitles and found a longer cut here (but no Eng subs :)). Apparently LSK and MCW gave out two awards and the Payback trailer played at the end:  https://vk.com/video-33731488_456240124

• Like 3

22 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thanks for this! I did a search for English subtitles and found a longer cut here (but no Eng subs :)). Apparently LSK and MCW gave out two awards and the Payback trailer played at the end:  https://vk.com/video-33731488_456240124

LSK always looks so nervous at award ceremonies. Haha...

I am looking forward to the press conference. It should happen sometime this week, right?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I am looking forward to the press conference. It should happen sometime this week, right?

I hope so! I have been really pleased at all the promo videos and photos they’ve been putting out lately. A press conference will be nice. 

Something curious, too: MDL has the drama listed as 12 episodes, but some other sites either say TBA or leave the number of episodes blank, like Asianwiki. It’s still most likely 12 episodes, but maybe they’re still deciding if they should make it longer. :D

Edit: Actually, Asianwiki has Taxi Driver 2 following Payback on February 17, so 12 episodes sounds right.

• Like 2

:issohappy:

Effortlessly beautiful. A true definition of a goddess from any angle.

Untitled-5.gif

c as tagged

The production team said, “ #moonchaewon is showing passion for doing her best in each scene with a deep concern and serious attitude about the work.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000673476?fbclid=PAAaaaJ60THeuk0mMSvdw3TJxFVba3_I5MpTmlDsNlCyYgvRGGWj1S9NoTcpc

The production team of #Payback said, "Both #LeeSunKyun & #moonchaewon show immersive acting based on their affection for the work, as well as demonstrating perfect synergy and doubling the charm of the work.

Spoiler

#LeeSunKyun and #MoonChaeWon gave New Year's greetings to wish viewers health and happiness in the New Year

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

Lee Sun Gyun Is Forced To Leave Behind His Life In Mongolia Following A Mysterious Phone Call In “Payback”

Lee Sun Gyun Is Forced To Leave Behind His Life In Mongolia Following A Mysterious Phone Call In “Payback”

“Payback” has teased Lee Sun Gyun’s upcoming transformation!

SBS’s “Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent as they fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way. Lee Sun Gyun will star as reclusive money dealer Eun Yong, and Moon Chae Won will star as Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer.

As the CEO of a global private equity firm, Eun Yong rakes in an astronomical amount of profit while hiding in Mongolia as a reclusive money dealer. Despite his comfortable situation, an unknown situation leads Eun Yong to return to Korea for the first time in 10 years in order to get revenge for someone he is thankful to.

The newly released stills capture Eun Yong in Mongolia, working diligently to pull the weight of 100 people. While in Mongolia, Eun Yong presents himself as a nomad as he travels on horse around the country’s vast plains. He lives a leisurely life and gets along seamlessly with Mongolian locals.

Lee-Sun-Gyun-2.jpegLee-Sun-Gyun-3.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Sun-Gyun-4.jpeg

However, one phone call from Korea leaves him with a serious expression and changes everything. Once he recovers from the initial shock of the call, Eun Yong busily looks through various documents before taking a long look at himself in the mirror. When Eun Yong left Korea 10 years ago, he vowed to never return, so what on earth has made him decide to go back?

Spoiler

Lee-Sun-Gyun-1.jpegLee-Sun-Gyun-5.jpegLee-Sun-Gyun-6.jpeg

For “Payback,” Lee Sun Gyun filmed in Mongolia last summer for six days. In addition to learning the Mongolian language necessary for his conversation scenes with locals, Lee Sun Gyun also put lots of effort into practicing horseback riding in preparation to film.

The producers of “Payback” shared, “Despite it being a difficult filming schedule, we were able to finish safely thanks to the efforts of many people. Incredible scenes, that were only possible because of Lee Sun Gyun, were created successively. Mongolia’s exotic scenery and the image of Lee Sun Gyun naturally meshing in with that will make it impossible for you to look away, even just for a moment.”

“Payback” premieres on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

Lee Sun Gyun Is Forced To Leave Behind His Life In Mongolia Following A Mysterious Phone Call In “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 3

SBS Drama #PayBack released new still cuts #MoonChaeWon Image

Spoiler

adding

Moon Chae Won Restrains Her Immense Pain While Visiting Her Mother In “Payback”

Jan 2, 2023
by S. Kim

New “Payback” stills have captured Moon Chae Won’s character remembering her late mother.

SBS’s “Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent as they fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way. Lee Sun Gyun will star as reclusive money dealer Eun Yong, and Moon Chae Won will star as Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer.

In the stills, Park Joon Kyung is dressed in her uniform as she visits the arboretum where her mother Yoon Hye Rin (Kim Mi Sook) is buried. Honoring her mother in a solemn manner, she has her hands put together as she looks down at the tombstone with a firm gaze. Park Joon Kyung, who appears to restrict her deep pain instead of expressing it, makes viewers sympathize even more.

Spoiler

moon-chae-won05.jpeg

moon-chae-won04.jpeg

moon-chae-won03.jpeg

moon-chae-won02.jpeg

In the next image, Park Joon Kyung turns her gaze toward a mysterious group of men who approaches her from a distance. She looks at them with an unwavering attitude for a while and moves along with them. Viewers are curious to find out who the men are as well as the truth behind the death of Yoon Hye Rin, the only family member of Park Joon Kyung.

Spoiler

moon-chae-won01.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Moon Chae Won is showing her passion by doing her best in each scene with deep contemplation and a serious attitude toward the project. This is a scene that conveys the deeper atmosphere and aura of Moon Chae Won who will return to the small screen after three years. Please look forward to it.”

“Payback” premieres on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1561274wpp/moon-chae-won-restrains-her-immense-pain-while-visiting-her-mother-in-payback

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Moon Chae Won Restrains Her Immense Pain While Visiting Her Mother In “Payback”\

Moon Chae Won Restrains Her Immense Pain While Visiting Her Mother In “Payback”

New “Payback” stills have captured Moon Chae Won’s character remembering her late mother.

SBS’s “Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent as they fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way. Lee Sun Gyun will star as reclusive money dealer Eun Yong, and Moon Chae Won will star as Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer.

In the stills, Park Joon Kyung is dressed in her uniform as she visits the arboretum where her mother Yoon Hye Rin (Kim Mi Sook) is buried. Honoring her mother in a solemn manner, she has her hands put together as she looks down at the tombstone with a firm gaze. Park Joon Kyung, who appears to restrict her deep pain instead of expressing it, makes viewers sympathize even more.

moon-chae-won05.jpeg

moon-chae-won04.jpeg

Spoiler

moon-chae-won03.jpeg

moon-chae-won02.jpeg

In the next image, Park Joon Kyung turns her gaze toward a mysterious group of men who approaches her from a distance. She looks at them with an unwavering attitude for a while and moves along with them. Viewers are curious to find out who the men are as well as the truth behind the death of Yoon Hye Rin, the only family member of Park Joon Kyung.

Spoiler

moon-chae-won01.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Moon Chae Won is showing her passion by doing her best in each scene with deep contemplation and a serious attitude toward the project. This is a scene that conveys the deeper atmosphere and aura of Moon Chae Won who will return to the small screen after three years. Please look forward to it.”

“Payback” premieres on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

Moon Chae Won Restrains Her Immense Pain While Visiting Her Mother In “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Learry said:

Moon Chaewon's filming sched for Payback will end soon (fr. Chaewon's MUA igs 20230101)

They may be able to completely wrap up before the end of the month. It looks like the whole 12 episodes took roughly 6 months to shoot. LSK's drama My Mister also took 6 months to shoot and that was a 16-episode drama. I hope this means the production team really takes care to present a high quality end product.

I am asking for a friend now. In the case of Prime Video not delivering in our region, does anyone know where I can watch this?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The newly released stills capture Eun Yong in Mongolia,

Chupa Chups lollipops were a sponsor of LSK’s drama Pasta, and I think I spot a blue Chupa Chup here, too (3rd photo down). We’ll have to see how many lollipops show up in this drama now. In Pasta there were a lot!

• Like 3

This person created an  expanded relationship chart between the characters. I'm not sure where she got all the information or how accurate it is, but it's fun to read nonetheless. I had thought Park Hoon's character was on the same side as our leads, but are they actually enemies who put aside their differences to fight against a bigger enemy?

• Like 3

What a great long trailer:

Hopefully someone will put English subs to it, but there’s enough here to show how a young Eun Young bonded with Jun Kyung’s mom. Looks like EY is just a fighter in life. 

Also, I love how snappy and cool the music is. Judging by the opening credits (played at the end of the trailer), we’re in for a treat. Except that mullet keeps showing up everywhere, even in the opening credits. :w00t:

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

This person created an  expanded relationship chart between the characters. I'm not sure where she got all the information or how accurate it is, but it's fun to read nonetheless. I had thought Park Hoon's character was on the same side as our leads, but are they actually enemies who put aside their differences to fight against a bigger enemy?

All these relationship nuances are interesting. Yes, I wonder where she got all this information, like that LSK and Park Hoon’s wife were former crushes? I’ve read that Park Hoon wants to get into the Blue House, so maybe he teams up with LSK and MCW to further his political career. I forgot his wife would be the daughter of the big baddie.

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Sun Gyun And Moon Chae Won Risk Losing Everything To Get “Payback” In Thrilling Highlight Teaser

Watch: Lee Sun Gyun And Moon Chae Won Risk Losing Everything To Get “Payback” In Thrilling Highlight Teaser

“Payback” has unveiled a thrilling new highlight teaser!

SBS’s “Payback” tells the revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent as they fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way. Lee Sun Gyun will star as reclusive money dealer Eun Yong, and Moon Chae Won will star as Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer.

The new teaser begins with a blast to the past, as the young and troubled Eun Yong is discharged from a juvenile detention center. Following the death of his parents, Eun Yong is left to his own devices and thus struggles to eat and find somewhere to sleep every night. Shortly after his discharge, he meets Park Joon Kyung on the train as the two put up a fight against a group of delinquents, which lands them in jail. When Park Joon Kyung’s mother Yoon Hye Rin (Kim Mi Sook) shows up, she looks at Eun Yong and asks, “Is this the child who fought on my Joon Kyung’s side?” When confirmed, she replies, “I will be investigated as his guardian,” and takes him in.

Confused to be getting help for the first time in his life, Eun Yong comes clean to Yoon Hye Rin and explains that he’s an ex-convict who just got discharged from the juvenile detention center. However, Yoon Hye Rin is unbothered as she warmly responds, “You’re on our side,” and offers him a room for the night and a job at her company.

That’s how Eun Yong and Park Joon Kyung end up being raised as siblings as Eun Yong recalls, “She was the first adult to treat me like a human. She was the only clear sky to me, who was living in a jungle-like world.”

However, the unexpected starts to unfold when Yoon Hye Rin takes her own life while Eun Yong is out of the country. As Eun Yong tries to figure out how this could have happened, viewers are introduced to the intriguing characters of chairman Myung In Joo (Kim Hong Pa), a key player in the corporate bond market, as well as Hwang Gi Seok (Park Hoon), Myung In Joo’s son-in-law and a chief prosecutor at the Seoul District Prosecutor’s Office’s Special Division.

Eventually, rookie prosecutor Jang Tae Choon (Kang You Seok), Eun Yong’s nephew who dreams of working at the special division, ends up in charge of the case with chairman Myung and Yoon Hye Rin. This puts him in close connection with Hwang Gi Seok, who mysteriously advises to Jang Tae Choon, “The code of laws is an ideal, but this is reality.” Park Joon Kyung firmly reminds Eun Yong that anyone on Hwang Gi Seok’s side is the enemy, even if it’s his nephew, and adds, “No matter the sacrifice, I’m going to take this fight to the end.”

Eun Yong tells Jang Tae Choon, “I know chairman Myung better than anyone. No matter what, I’ll make sure you get to personally handcuff chairman Myung. Instead, no matter what Hwang Gi Seok proposes to you, don’t make any kind of deal.”

Eun Yong also reassures Park Joon Kyung as he states, “This is not a fight by yourself.” Just as their mother said to him, he then calmly tells her, “You and I are on the same side.” She warns him, “You could lose everything you have.”

When things start going the wrong way, Eun Yong is left to pull out his final card. He shares, “I’m a shopkeeper. I will buy the entire South Korean prosecution with money, not law.” For good measure he adds, “I will throw you down to the bottom of the gutter.”

Watch the full teaser below!

The “Payback” producers commented, “With characters involved in a mysterious murder case at the core, we tried to capture with impact the refreshing story and atmosphere that is unique to our project. We will instantly captivate viewers who have been earnestly awaiting the birth of a new thriller.”

SBS’s “Payback” premieres on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST!

Watch: Lee Sun Gyun And Moon Chae Won Risk Losing Everything To Get “Payback” In Thrilling Highlight Teaser | Soompi

• Like 1