[Drama 2023] Payback/Law Money, 법쩐

larus

December 8 2022

Ep.1 air date set for SBS drama “Law Money”

Law_Money-SR001.jpg

Ep.1 air date set for SBS drama series “Law Money” (literal title) starring Lee Sun-Kyun & Moon Chae-Won. The drama series is now scheduled to premiere  January 6, 2023 in SBS’ Friday & Saturday 10PM time slot after the conclusion of “The First Responders.” Meanwhile, above and below are photos from the first script reading which took place a few months ago. The drama series is directed by Lee Won-Tae (“The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil“) and scripted by Kim Won-Suk (“Man to Man“).

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Law Money, 법쩐- Lee Sun Kyun & Moon Chae Won-Fri&Sat 10PM KST- Premieres on January 6

News bites: December 7, 2022

by tccolb

202212080842016310_51_20221208084603117-1.jpg

• The first script reading stills have just landed for SBS’s Law Money, featuring leads Lee Seon-kyun (Dr. Brain), Moon Chae-won (Flower of Evil), Park Hoon (Big Mouth), and Kang Yoo-seok (I Haven’t Done My Best Yet). Premiering January 6 in the Friday-Saturday slot, the revenge drama has filmmaker Lee Won-tae (The Gangster, the Cop, the Devil) at the helm with scripts by Kim Won-seok (Man to Man). [My Daily]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/news-bites-december-7-2022/

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Sun Gyun Exudes Magnificent Aura As A Faceless Money Dealer In Upcoming Drama “Payback”

SBS’s new revenge drama has unveiled a teaser poster featuring Lee Sun Gyun!

“Payback” is a drama that tells a thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight the money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama’s portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against the incompetent and unjust authority in their own way will provide thrill and catharsis to viewers.

Lee Sun Gyun takes on the role of Eun Yong, a reclusive money dealer who earns high profits as a faceless hedge fund manager. Eun Yong, who was working in a foreign country and earning lots of money there with his intelligence, returns to his hometown after 10 years due to an unexpected incident that happens abroad.

In the teaser poster, a close-up shot of Eun Yong who is staring directly at the camera lens captures attention. Without showing any special expression or pose, his intense gaze is enough to convey the character’s narrative. The magnificent charisma and aura that fill the frame add to the tension, raising viewers’ anticipation for Lee Sun Gyun’s portrayal of his new character. In addition, the text that reads, “I’m going to buy off the entire Korean Prosecutor’s Office,” amplifies the curiosity for the story that will unfold in the future.

lee-sun-gyun-1.jpeg

“Payback” premieres on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

Lee Sun Gyun Exudes Magnificent Aura As A Faceless Money Dealer In Upcoming Drama “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:53 PM, sadiesmith said:

So which legal sites host SBS dramas nowadays?

Good question. I'm curious, too, since it doesn't look like it's "upcoming" on Viki or Netflix.

Also, it looks like currently the drama has two names: Payback on some sites and Law Money on others. 

[Official] 2023 New Year's first Friday-Saturday drama 'Beopjeon', Lee Sun-gyun X Moon Chae-won joins... First broadcast confirmed on January 6th

2022-12-08

2022120801000570700065871.jpg

[Sports Chosun Correspondent Jo Ji-young] Lee Seon-kyun, Moon Chae-won, Kang Yoo-seok, Park Hoon, Kim Hong-pa, Kim Mi-sook, Lee Ki-young, Seo Jeong-yeon, Kim Hye-hwa, and Choi Deok-moon of the highly anticipated work “Beopjeon” that will heat up the first half of 2023, are immersed in attractive characters and a turbulent narrative. Scenes from the script reading were revealed.

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Beopjeon' (written by Kim Won-seok, directed by Lee Won-tae), which will be broadcast at 10:00 pm on January 6, 2023, is about a 'money dealer' Eun-yong and Jun-kyung, a 'legal engineer.' fighting against the cartel of 'law' and 'jjang'. It is an exhilarating revenge play. The appearance of those who refuse to remain silent in front of unrighteous power and who confront hotly in their own way is expected to provide a thrilling sense of thrill and exploding catharsis.

Above all, 'Beopjeon' is written by Kim Won-seok, who led a solid story with high density through dramas 'The Queen's Classroom' and 'Descendants of the Sun', and director Lee Won-tae, who showed off his strong directing skills with the films 'The Villainess' and 'Chief Kim Chang-soo'. It is attracting a lot of attention due to the harmony of spirit. In addition, a fantastic lineup of actors who are trusted and led by Lee Seon-kyun, Moon Chae-won, Kang Yoo-seok, Park Hoon, Kim Hong-pa, Kim Mi-sook, Lee Ki-young, Seo Jung-yeon, Kim Hye-hwa, and Choi Deok-moon is built, predicting the birth of a luxury drama that will shine in the new year of 2023.

In this regard, the scene of the script reading of 'Beopjeon', where the actors and production crew gathered together and gave off a passionate enthusiasm for the work, is revealed and draws attention. First, Lee Seon-kyun plays the role of Eun-yong, a 'money merchant' who starts revenge by risking everything in order to regain the dignity of 'one person' whom he was thankful for, who was sacrificed in an unfair transaction. Lee Sun-gyun overwhelmed the gaze by becoming a silver dragon himself with an overwhelming presence emanating from his unique and charming low-pitched voice and a heavy charisma created with a relaxed attitude.

Moon Chae-won was a more upright and righteous prosecutor than anyone else, but showed a perfect immersion in the role of Park Joon-kyung, a judicial officer who was willing to become a monster to fight the 'monster'. Moon Chae-won drew admiration from the scene with her 'genre-customized' acting that realistically expresses the emotional curves of Park Joon-kyung, a three-dimensional character who gradually changes while encountering unexpected events.

Kang Yoo-seok is the nephew of Eun-yong (Lee Sun-kyun) and a hot-blooded young prosecutor who is thirsty for success. Kang Yoo-seok raised expectations by presenting the role of Jang Tae-chun, a 'born-to-be fighter' who was still young, but never backed down, with a high-quality, controlled performance. Park Hoon plays the role of Hwang Ki-seok, an elite prosecutor who does not hesitate to collude with the enemy in order to stand at the top of power.

Kim Hong-pa plays the role of chairman Myeong In-joo, a godfather of the underground economy who built a cartel of greed in which 'Law' and 'Jun' joined hands as a big hand in the corporate bond market. Kim Hye-hwa took on the role of Hong Hanna, a lobbyist-turned-private equity fund representative and Eun-yong's partner, and her charming femme fatale performance boosted the atmosphere of the scene. Choi Deok-moon played the role of Nam Sang-il, a veteran prosecution investigator, and brought liveliness to the drama by showing immersive acting that added persuasion to the dramatic emotional line.

On the other hand, famous actors who do not need words, such as Kim Mi-sook, Lee Ki-young, and Seo Jeong-yeon, make special appearances to inject more energy into the work. On this day, Kim Mi-sook showed sincerity by not spouting a single word of disassembly in the role of Yoon Hye-rin, Park Joon-kyung's mother, and Ki-young Lee expressed her unique charisma as Oh Chang-hyun, former chief of the Seoul District Prosecutor's Office and in collusion with the evil cartel. Seo Jeong-yeon played the role of Eun Ji-hee, Jang Tae-chun's mother, with her realistic acting and gave her a deep resonance. From the first meeting, the production team and actors of 'Beopjeon' boasted a strong presence and strong teamwork, raising expectations and interest in what kind of thrill and tension they will bring to the home theater in the upcoming New Year.

The production team said, “The energy and synergy of the actors who create a perfect acting sum in the narrative that swirls without taking their eyes off it was really great.” The burst 'Beopjeon' will visit the home theater on January 6th. We ask for your interest."

Meanwhile, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Beopjeon' will be broadcast for the first time at 10:00 pm on January 6, 2023.

Reporter Cho Ji-young soulhn1220@sportschosun.com

Source: https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202212080100057070006587&servicedate=20221208#rs

• Like 2

First drama of 2023 and what combo. Lee Sun Kyun x Moon Chae Won x Park Hooh!.. winner! excited to watch

My ahjussi loves! Lee and then Park too! plus fav MCW I watch her drama!

I always watch Park Hoon in dramas.. he's such talent, good actor! Of course the leading actors! need I say more? Imagine the acting in this drama plus I like revenge thriller.. done is good  way!

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Sun Gyun Is A Lucky Man Who Makes A Fortune In “Payback”

SBS has shared a glimpse of Lee Sun Gyun in the upcoming drama “Payback”!

“Payback” is a drama that tells a thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight the money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama’s portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against the incompetent and unjust authority in their own way will provide thrill and catharsis to viewers.

Lee Sun Gyun takes on the role of Eun Yong, a reclusive money dealer who earns high profits as a faceless hedge fund manager. Eun Yong, who was working in a foreign country and earning lots of money there with his intelligence, returns to his hometown after 10 years due to an unexpected incident that happens abroad.

The newly released stills capture Eun Yong overwhelming the crowd with his confident expression and charisma in a shabby PC Bang (internet cafe). Eun Yong stands on top on his computer desk and roars with his fists clenched while holding a wad of checks. The crowd that sees Eun Yong responds with warm applause and shows admiration for him. Viewers are curious to find out about the legendary incident, which is often referred to as the “battle of PC Bang” among the stakeholders.

lee-sun-gyun_02.jpeg

lee-sun-gyun01.jpeg

Spoiler

lee-sun-gyun_03.jpeg

Lee Sun Gyun shared his impression on the first filming by saying, “I am always looking forward to and excited for the first filming. This is just the beginning, so I think there is a long way to go. I will enjoy and do my best while filming, so please look forward to the drama.”

“Payback” will premiere on January 6 at 10:00 p.m. KST.

Lee Sun Gyun Is A Lucky Man Who Makes A Fortune In “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Payback/Law Money, 법쩐- Lee Sun Kyun & Moon Chae Won-Fri&Sat 10PM KST- Premieres on January 6
20 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I hope it's not awkward. :D

It looks just a little bit awkward. :lol: Maybe I was just never a fan of the mullet hairstyle, nor anything close to it.

I noticed in the Wikipedia article for Law Money that the young actress, Park Hwan-hee, who plays LSK's older sister, will be playing the "young" Eun Ji-hee. Seo Jeong-yeon will then take over as the older, main version of Eun Ji-hee. We had speculated earlier on this thread that they would be "aging" this young-looking actress, but apparently that's not the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payback_(South_Korean_TV_series)

And it looks like LSK will have an adult nephew in this drama. 

@sadiesmith What do you think - loveline or no loveline between LSK and MCW? :w00t:

January 6 is coming up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

We had speculated earlier on this thread that they would be "aging" this young-looking actress, but apparently that's not the case.

Super happy they are not aging her to look older than LSK. That would be an impossible task and awkward for sure.

The adult nephew is weird, too. His sister must have the baby as a teen or something. Hm... I wonder if that is part of the story.

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

@sadiesmith What do you think - loveline or no loveline between LSK and MCW? :w00t:

I dare not hope. Nothing has indicated such a thing will happen, but I certainly wouldn't refuse one. :D  At the very least, I hope it's not all courtroom even if most of the characters revealed so far are court related. <_< One thing I am sure of is we'll see a lot of LSK in fighting scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Lee Sun-kyun, a Completely Different Image in "Payback"

Published on 2022/12/12 | Source

photo1597805.jpg

Lee Sun-kyun showed a completely different image in "Payback".

On the 12th, SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama "Payback" (written by Kim Won-seok-II/directed by Lee Won-tae/produced by Red Nine Pictures) released a photo of Lee Sun-kyun's charisma. In the drama, Eun-yong (Lee Sun-kyun) stands in front of people gathered in a shabby PC room and enjoys the joy of holding a bundle of checks.

photo1597804.jpg

Eun-yong is standing on the desk, roaring with his fists clenched, and drawing a victory V with his fingers. In particular, another atmosphere of Lee Sun-kyun, who styles a wolf cut, was conveyed.

When asked how he felt about the first filming of "Payback", Lee Sun-kyun said, "I'm always looking forward to and excited about the first filming. I think there's a long way to go because it's only the beginning".

photo1597803.jpg

"Payback" depicts the revenge of 'money merchant' Eun-yong and 'law engineer' Joon-kyung, who fight against the cartels of 'law' and "Money". In "Payback", Lee Sun-kyun plays Eun-yong, a 'hidden money merchant', who makes astronomical profits as a faceless hedge fund manager.

SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama "Payback" will premiere at 10 PM on January 6th, 2023.

SOURCE: https://www.hancinema.net/lee-sun-kyun-a-completely-different-image-in-payback-165772.html

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Moon Chae Won Turns Into A Charismatic Soldier In Upcoming Revenge Drama “Payback”

SBS’s upcoming drama “Payback” has shared its first stills of Moon Chae Won in character!

“Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way.

Moon Chae Won will take on the role of Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer who passed the bar exam and graduated from the training institute with top scores. Despite being the most morally upright and just of prosecutors, Park Joon Kyung swears cold revenge after her mother falls victim to a monstrous evil and dies a mysterious death with many unanswered questions.

In the newly released stills, Park Joon Kyung wears a military uniform as she stands in a secluded stairway at a court just before a military trial begins, her sharp eyes accentuating her charisma. While looking up news on her phone, something sets off alarms in her head. However, when she hears the trial is about to start, she pulls herself together and leaves.

What will happen to Park Joon Kyung, who has decided to become a monster in order to fight other monsters, and how will her sad revenge unfold in the drama?

Moon-Chae-Won2.jpeg

Moon-Chae-Won1.jpeg

Spoiler

Moon-Chae-Won-1.jpeg

Sharing her experience when she first started shooting the drama, Moon Chae Won said, “The first filming was like the starting line [of a race] where I actually got to experience what I’d only imagined while reading the script, and it was a time when we could start sharing opinions and working together. I’m also looking forward to showing viewers another side of myself through Park Joon Kyung’s character. So please look forward to ‘Payback,’ which will begin airing soon.”

The production team also commented, “Moon Chae Won is an actress in whom the production team has absolute faith, because she always comes prepared and is overflowing with passion.” They added, “Please look forward to Park Joon Kyung, an army major whose character will be solidly completed by Moon Chae Won, an actress with a variety of charms.”

“Payback” will premiere on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

Moon Chae Won Turns Into A Charismatic Soldier In Upcoming Revenge Drama “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 4